What would Carver have done to Clem if Kenny didn't give him the radio?

So Clem has the option to tell Carver that she had the radio in her possession at the hardware store, but ofcourse Kenny took it off her and took the blame thus resulting in him beaten beaten and losing an eye.

Later on Clem has the option to say to Kenny that Carver wouldn't have hurt him if he didn't hand over the radio in her place, to which Kenny responds with "Ofcourse I did, there's no telling what that asswhipe would've done to you."

Now I personally think that Clem would have been fine had she handed over the radio to Carver herself as he seemed to have a large amount of respect for her, even at his death. He even goes as far as to be impressed when she tells him that she wished Kenny had of killed him back at the ski lodge.

So not a great question I know, but what do you think would have happened to Clem if Kenny didn't take the blame?

Comments

• I think he would have given her a beating. Not one to the extent he delivered to Kenny but one to make sure that she wouldn't be working for a few days.

• He'd have beaten him with something else.

• He'd likely slap Clementine, he does it at the beginning of Episode 3 if you sass him.

• The same thing he did to Sarah

• Carver definitely respected Clementine, hell maybe he even liked her, however he would have still put a bullet in her if he needed to.

• Maybe take off his belt and give her a few whippings to the back or something

Definitely not cave in her eye with the radio

• It would def be a beating of SOME kind

• Carver would probably say he was disappointed since he saw potential in Clementine and thought she could understand him. I think he would make them confess - how did they steal the walkie and who exactly was responsible for this plan. Cabin group would be fucked, though. Carver said it himself, he was giving them a second chance, but no more after that (see: Reggie's situation). I guess it would end very similar to the canon story - Kenny butthurting over Carver hitting/threatening someone, and then getting beaten down, because violence happens to be the only way to stop this inflammable tank of a man (most of the time).

• he slaps Clementine for staring at him, so maybe two slaps and a shitty job assignment. he liked her, so he might've even praised her bravery after.

• He'd have killed or tortured her.

• Carver: Clementine, I know you have the radio. Your punishment will be being replaced by Javier as Season 3 protagonist

• Carver gives a spanking to Clem.

• Clementine will take Reggie's place as the crappy comedic relief.

• edited January 2017

Carver would have most likely beaten her, but I don't think it would have been as bad as what Kenny got. Carver showed that he didn't care if you were a man, woman, or child, if you disobeyed, or got on his bad side, he would try to force you into submission, either through fear or physical punishment. He had tried the former with Clementine previously, but he knew that, even though she was scared, she was too strong willed to give into the fear, something that he admired about her. Which means there is only one method left. He can already slap Clementine earlier in the episode, so him beating her for the radio isn't too far of a stretch.

• Have Kenny/Luke slap her?

NorthStars posted: »

The same thing he did to Sarah

• Carver wouldn't kill/torture her, I think she'd get smacked a few times across the face, but not nearly as badly as Kenny got it. Carver hated Kenny, but admired Clementine's personality.

He'd have killed or tortured her.

• Definitely not, please tell me you said that just to creep people out.

Carver gives a spanking to Clem.

• but admired Clementine's personality.

It all makes sense now!

He admires those who are devoid of any personality.

That is the key to being strong-willed.

Spodes posted: »

Carver wouldn't kill/torture her, I think she'd get smacked a few times across the face, but not nearly as badly as Kenny got it. Carver hated Kenny, but admired Clementine's personality.

• edited January 2017

Just possibly slap her around a couple times at the worst. Clem would not had insulted him to his face after giving up the radio like Kenny did. Plus even still I doubt Carver was that loony to beat down a defenseless child like he did a grown man with the radio in his hand. A much better option would had been if this situation was determinant and we'd get to see what happens if Clem gives up the radio (likely slapped again or punished mildly by Carver) and if she stays silent until the timer runs out then Kenny steps up and gets beaten. But they were too lazy or short funded in the budget for something like that at the time maybe.

• Clementine has no personality

Awful bait, you can at least spend more time writing it next time. Thanks, I'll make sure to disregard your opinion for future notice.

but admired Clementine's personality. It all makes sense now! He admires those who are devoid of any personality. That is the key to being strong-willed.

• If you have read the comic. Would you say Carver was more like the Governor or Negan?

Carver would have most likely beaten her, but I don't think it would have been as bad as what Kenny got. Carver showed that he didn't care i

• I think it'd be a pretty bad beating still and tough to watch, not to the extent of Kenny's, but still really bad.

• I think he would have seen she was full capable of sneaking around apparently competent armed guards and steal something from his own office and would have had respected her more. He may have slapped her and stepped on her hands, spanked her etc but more to send a statement as well as attempt to make Clementine understand the brutal consequences of rebelling, this would help him smooth her over to being some sort of apprentice and he'd probably not leave her with the other survivors but instead hold her captive himself.

• As a comic reader i'd like to give my opinion. I think Carver was much more like Negan in that he was a leader enforcing tough rules and physical punishment to keep his community under control. The Governor was truly screwed up in the head and if you read the novel about him you know just how fractured his psyche is. Carver has a mean streak in him for sure, but he usually has his reasons for whatever he did and seems relatively level headed and doesn't use walkers for abhorrent entertainment.

Ladariel posted: »

If you have read the comic. Would you say Carver was more like the Governor or Negan?

• edited January 2017

Thanks I think that is a reasonable expression. Carver did indeed seem to have rules and even allow his captives or slaves out of the prison pen if they did exceptionally well with their duties. Kind of like a supervisor with promotions and quite similar to Negan enforcing his points system at the sanctuary. I've read the comic but not up to recent dates with the whisperers as I usually prefer buying the graphic novels in compendium form. And in the comic the governor seemed to be really more unreasonably insane than Negan like chopping Rick's hand off out right for no reason.

But I thought Carver might of been a tad like-minded with the governor in the fact that he had no reluctance to kill his own folks or other folks that aren't really considered enemies for little to no reason like when he pushed Ralph or whoever his name was (he was so quickly in and out of the game I forgot his name) off the roof for failing to instruct the kids properly on their jobs. Maybe implied that he forced himself on Rebecca and caused her pregnancy. He also seemed to kill Pete for nothing then tortured Carlos in front of his daughter in the same episode. All that sounded a bit more like the governor's behavior. Negan might had done the same but only if you broke one of his absurd rules which can be a bit complicated and he takes them seriously.

As a comic reader i'd like to give my opinion. I think Carver was much more like Negan in that he was a leader enforcing tough rules and phy

• when he pushed Ralph or whoever his name was (he was so quickly in and out of the game I forgot his name)

Reggie.

• Well, my Clementine was a mute, so...

Clementine has no personality Awful bait, you can at least spend more time writing it next time. Thanks, I'll make sure to disregard your opinion for future notice.

• Carver showed he was willing to hurt Clem for simply talking back to him at the start of the episode, so he may very well have hurt her badly for trying to aid an escape, but since he liked her he might also have chosen to punish someone else instead to teach her a lesson or some shit, probably Luke since Carver seemed to hate him the most. Someone was gonna get beaten down for sure, though.

• If you made Clementine say nothing in season 2 (usually people do this on another save file for memes), that's still a personality, it's impossible to not have one.

RhysAndLee posted: »

Well, my Clementine was a mute, so...

• I have my own lore. She turned mute after the death of Lee, and hit her head in the time gap in S2;E1 before Christa's kidnapping, erasing all of her memory. Then after killing walker after walker she became a numb human being.

(Okay yeah I'm just messing with you)

If you made Clementine say nothing in season 2 (usually people do this on another save file for memes), that's still a personality, it's impossible to not have one.

• Right! there it is Reggie!! Much appreciated, now I can stop replaying "In Harms Way" to find out.

DabigRG posted: »

when he pushed Ralph or whoever his name was (he was so quickly in and out of the game I forgot his name) Reggie.

• Oh shit, really? Just boot up TWD Wikia, dude! :joy:

Ladariel posted: »

Right! there it is Reggie!! Much appreciated, now I can stop replaying "In Harms Way" to find out.

• Depends on how Clem reacts. When Kenny went up to Carver he said to him "fucker." That triggered Carver and just started beating on him. If Clementine said "sorry sir" I'm sure she wouldn't get a beating and if she did it wouldn't have been as bad as Kenny's.

• Well, Carver had full intentions on beating the shit out of Kenny, here's a reminder: "3.....2......." *Kenny gives Carver the radio - "....1" - "Fucker". Carver was just being sadistic by giving him the consequences even after he gave the radio to him before the countdown. So yeah, "fucker" wasn't the reason he beat Kenny up, plus he hated him in the first place, with Clem I'd say a few slaps or maybe he'll beat someone else up if she gave him the radio instead of Kenny.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Depends on how Clem reacts. When Kenny went up to Carver he said to him "fucker." That triggered Carver and just started beating on him. If

• I am aware, I was kidding and thought I had typed "j/k" for just kidding but forgot to add it I see.

DabigRG posted: »

Oh shit, really? Just boot up TWD Wikia, dude!

• That would look so racist, seeing that Clem was a slave at the time.

Louche posted: »

Maybe take off his belt and give her a few whippings to the back or something Definitely not cave in her eye with the radio

• Anything, it's just like the problem with TNF...

They could of hurt her, killed her, tortured her, and hell, even rape her.

That's why I'm so against betraying Clementine. We don't know TNF, they could have done so much to her in the past and could have done so much to her again if we brought her back.

Now that we know who the leader of TNF is, maybe that could of helped the punishment of Clementine, but I still am against it because she doesn't deserve that punishment at all.

• I think he would have beat her up (not to the extent he did Kenny) but not to the point of any permanent damage.

He would have been impressed if she handled it bravely I think. Later, after everyone had been subdued and in line (including Clem) I think he would have approached her again with his spiel on "you and I are more similar than you think etc".

• Be realistic...

• Be realistic...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.