Who's hyped for Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy!?

Okay, I want to start a genuine thread this time...

unlike my last one...

So I thought we could talk about one of my (and many others) favorite game series...

CRASH BANDICOOT!

Crash

You should have heard by now that the first 3 original adventures of our orange, tail-less, wumpa fruit-loving bandicoot is being fully remade for PS4!
And I can tell you what, it's looking pretty promising! It's amazing how true they've stuck to the original games.
I grew up playing the original Crash games and I am definitively going to be geting the N-Sane Trilogy!

What are your thoughts? Are you going to get it? Have you ever played the originals before?

Check it out and tell me what you think! Here's the official website:
http://www.crashbandicoot.com/
Here's the trailer:

And here's an hour-long video of gameplay:

Tagged:

Comments

• Blast from the past to be sure. Maybe they'll do Spyro the dragon next. Or Dino Crises is what I'd really wish.

• Hated those games....now Spyro...loved that.

• You can really tell they have put so much love into this game. Brings a tear to my eye. :')

• Definitely getting this one it's released.

Crash Bandicoot was a part of my gaming childhood, and it would feel wrong to not buy it.

• You seem to be a big hater of Naughty Dog.

Hated those games....now Spyro...loved that.

• the lighting is really shitty and the colors are off, but other than that it looks really good. might check it out, gonna need some new ps4 titles after i beat the uncharted series

• Not at all...just did not like crash nor did I enjoy The Last of Us...Uncharted was good.

AronDracula posted: »

You seem to be a big hater of Naughty Dog.

• I played a couple of Crash games when I was younger, can't remember for the life of me which ones they were, but I am definitely looking forward to this.

• I would be so damn happy if Spyro was remade! I love Spyro!

Ladariel posted: »

Blast from the past to be sure. Maybe they'll do Spyro the dragon next. Or Dino Crises is what I'd really wish.

• You too? That is awesome. My older sister and I used to play all three Crash games all the time since we were kids. The only thing we could never do was get all the gems. Although, we did use the super password on the 1st game. :P

To this day, I still have all three of the original games, so I'm very excited for the remastered trilogy.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Definitely getting this one it's released. Crash Bandicoot was a part of my gaming childhood, and it would feel wrong to not buy it.

• edited May 2017

My most anticipated game of 2017. I'm so excited for it! Definitely getting it on day one. (I know I said that before for ANF, b-but I mean it this time. Nothing will stop me!)

• If they remastered the 3 original Spyro games, that would make me the happiest son of a bitch. I also still have the original three Spyro games from my childhood.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I would be so damn happy if Spyro was remade! I love Spyro!

• I hardly remember my old Spyro games and I'm pretty sure I lost them as they're nowhere to be found. Oldest one I have is A Heroes Tail.

If they remastered the 3 original Spyro games, that would make me the happiest son of a bitch. I also still have the original three Spyro games from my childhood.

• I kinda noticed too. Like, not that it looks bad, but rather, the lighting style and softness kind of look like the equivalent of generic video game footage you would see as a placeholder in a TV show or movie. I don't mean that as a bad thing, but the art seems... different. I can't place my tongue on how to better describe it outside of that movie/tv show analogy.

the lighting is really shitty and the colors are off, but other than that it looks really good. might check it out, gonna need some new ps4 titles after i beat the uncharted series

• You've liked Spyro more than Crash?

AgentZ46 posted: »

I hardly remember my old Spyro games and I'm pretty sure I lost them as they're nowhere to be found. Oldest one I have is A Heroes Tail.

• Yes!

Ladariel posted: »

You've liked Spyro more than Crash?

• I love Crash and Spyro!
    I'm curious to know what it is about Crash that you didn't like? :)

Hated those games....now Spyro...loved that.

• Maybe if you could explain what you remembered about those games, I, or someone else, might be able to figure out which ones they were, if you want.
    I know my Crash pretty well... if I do say so myself...

I played a couple of Crash games when I was younger, can't remember for the life of me which ones they were, but I am definitely looking forward to this.

• I know my Crash pretty well... if I do say so myself...

Hmm, alright. Test time.

In which game did Nitros Oxide first debut?

What is the third boss of each of the first three games?

Which game's final boss isn't Cortex: Twinsanity or The Wrath of Cortex?

And NO using Google!! (Or getting a certain duck to search for it, either!)

Maybe if you could explain what you remembered about those games, I, or someone else, might be able to figure out which ones they were, if you want. I know my Crash pretty well... if I do say so myself...

1. Uuuuhhmmm...... Crash Team Racing or Crash Nitro Kart?? That was a good question... XD

2. Uuh let's see... Koala Kong, Tiny Tiger and... Dr. N. Tropy??

3. Easy, Twinsanity.

Okay, tell me how I did. Did I pass the test?

Acheive250 posted: »

I know my Crash pretty well... if I do say so myself... Hmm, alright. Test time. In which game did Nitros Oxide first debut? W

• edited June 2017

Alright, time for your results:

1. Crash Team Racing or Crash Nitro Kart

Pretty much correct. Crash Team Racing is Nitros Oxide's debut game.

2. Koala Kong, Tiny Tiger and Dr. Tropy

Correct! (If I remember correctly)

3. Twinsanity

[Drum roll please] Wroooooonnnnggg. Both Twinsanity and The Wrath of Cortex's final bosses are not Cortex. It was kind of a trick question anyway...

So, you answered 2/3 questions correctly. You are an intermediate Crash fan, you've got a way to go. (Yes, this test is 100% accurate)

* Uuuuhhmmm...... Crash Team Racing or Crash Nitro Kart?? That was a good question... XD * Uuh let's see... Koala Kong, Tiny Tiger and... Dr. N. Tropy?? * Easy, Twinsanity. Okay, tell me how I did. Did I pass the test?

• Check it out!
    I just found the remade versions of the original Crash covers from the offical Crash Bandicoot Instagram!

Crash Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot 2

Crash Bandicoot 3

What do you think of them?

• Have you played the Jak & Daxter series?

Not at all...just did not like crash nor did I enjoy The Last of Us...Uncharted was good.

• Love them.

But something about Crash's expression in all three of them is making me uncomfortable...

Check it out! I just found the remade versions of the original Crash covers from the offical Crash Bandicoot Instagram! What do you think of them?

• edited June 2017

I was thinking that too, he looks a little... sinister...

EDIT: I just had a closer look and in all of the pictures, Crash has one iris that is bigger than the other. It's most noticeable on the second one.

Love them. But something about Crash's expression in all three of them is making me uncomfortable...

• Wait, but in The Wrath of Cortex, you fight Crunch and Cortex!

Alright, time for your results: 1. Crash Team Racing or Crash Nitro Kart Pretty much correct. Crash Team Racing is Nitros Oxid

• I don't even remember much from those games (I was like 7 when I played them), so I still couldn't tell you. All I remember was that it was on an Xbox 360 and a Gameboy (yeah, that's how long ago it was).

Maybe if you could explain what you remembered about those games, I, or someone else, might be able to figure out which ones they were, if you want. I know my Crash pretty well... if I do say so myself...

• So you had one which wasn't made by Naughty Dog?

I don't even remember much from those games (I was like 7 when I played them), so I still couldn't tell you. All I remember was that it was on an Xbox 360 and a Gameboy (yeah, that's how long ago it was).

• More than likely

So you had one which wasn't made by Naughty Dog?

• Cause Sony Computer Entertainment is the publisher for Naughty Dog.

More than likely

• The only Crash games on Xbox 360 is Crash of the Titans and Crash Mind Over Mutant.... Those are the games with the major Crash redesign... (Addition of Spiral Tattoo's, removal of gloves...)
    Unless you're talking about playing an Xbox game on an Xbox 360? (It's backwards compatible right? I don't own an Xbox)

The Gameboy Advance games are:
    Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure (Classic Crash gameplay but in 2D)
    Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced (Same as above... I think)
    Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rage (Crash and Spyro cross-over)
    Crash Nitro Kart (Kart racing game)
    Crash of the Titans (I don't know much about this one, I think it's a side-scrolling platformer/fighting game)

I don't even remember much from those games (I was like 7 when I played them), so I still couldn't tell you. All I remember was that it was on an Xbox 360 and a Gameboy (yeah, that's how long ago it was).

• Then the Xbox one was either Crash Twinsanity (Play as Crash and Cortex), The Wrath of Cortex (With the Elemental Masks), Crash of the Titans (Mind-Controlling monsters) or Crash Mind Over Mutant (same as last one).

• edited June 2017

No, Crunch betrays Cortex and ties him up. You fight Crunch while Cortex is basically just a punching bag. At least that's how I remember it... Now I gotta look it up.

Wait, but in The Wrath of Cortex, you fight Crunch and Cortex!

• You shoot Crunch, Crunch then hits Cortex onto the playing-field and then you hit Cortex.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

(Warning: Video contains spoilers if you haven't beaten Wrath of Cortex)

No, Crunch betrays Cortex and ties him up. You fight Crunch while Cortex is basically just a punching bag. At least that's how I remember it... Now I gotta look it up.

• I think Sony Computer Entertainment and Universal Interactive Studios both published the first four Crash games.
    Then Universal, owning the rights to the franchise, got different developers and then went multi-platform, which stunned many people because everyone associated Crash as being Sony's mascot, thus they thought Sony owned Crash.

Naughty Dog was originally an independent developer before Sony acquired it in 2001.
    So ever since Crash Bandicoot, all of Naughty Dogs games have been published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

In my opinion, the non-Naughty Dog Crash games are still really good. I especially love Twinsanity!

Cause Sony Computer Entertainment is the publisher for Naughty Dog.

• Yeah, Cortex is tied up and Crunch treats him as a punching bag. So you're basically just fighting Crunch... right?

You shoot Crunch, Crunch then hits Cortex onto the playing-field and then you hit Cortex. Wash, rinse, repeat. (Warning: Video contains spoilers if you haven't beaten Wrath of Cortex)

• Wait, Twinsanity and Wrath of Cortex aren't on 360? Hmm, oops.

The only Crash games on Xbox 360 is Crash of the Titans and Crash Mind Over Mutant.... Those are the games with the major Crash redesign...

• Who hasn't?

Have you played the Jak & Daxter series?

• Was a piss poor attempt to do what Mario and Sonic did before and way better. Plus that stupid grin of his....so punchable!

I love Crash and Spyro! I'm curious to know what it is about Crash that you didn't like?

• Ha ha XD I understand how he can seem like that.
    So you prefer Spyro because he's more original?

Was a piss poor attempt to do what Mario and Sonic did before and way better. Plus that stupid grin of his....so punchable!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.