Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• edited September 2017

Well,if people want to continue romancing Selina they can do that, but I want to see some potential option for Iman Avesta.

I also expect some romance between them, but for reference to Selina Kyle.

• Oh hell no!!

sHaRleYkaa posted: »

Selina the best!

• edited September 2017

Anybody got any thoughts on how the romance potential should happen? Like,I think more a Batman 1989 Vicki vale visiting Bruce's mansion and since his mansion half destroyed(based what happen and what you chose last season) and she will probably bring it up once she is there.

I think there will be moments on how the talk will go and she will probably bring up things that happen to Bruce last season and u derstand you a little bit more.

• edited September 2017

How does she look interesting other than saying. "The criminally insane, you're drawn to them are you?"
    Telltale retweeted that so many times lol

strwar3 posted: »

Oh come on!! Iman Avesta looks interesting and there's probably potential with her.

• edited September 2017

Well,I think she is kinda trying to understand why Bruce and Batman where they are in different places where she says that to both them. Why Batman is drawn to criminally insane and why they attack Bruce Wayne. It's kinda like when potential romance option happens.It feel like Vicki Vale in Batman 1989 trys understand Bruce's darkness and loneliness and why he fights.

It feel just like that when Iman Avesta finds out. Also I keep bringing up Batman 1989 cause it's just soooooo fuckin good and noire and so fuckin awesome.

ScootyZ posted: »

How does she look interesting other than saying. "The criminally insane, you're drawn to them are you?" Telltale retweeted that so many times lol

• Haha true. Again. i don't see why she's interesting at all. She just feels like a generic agent that holds a bigger role as a side character.

Well,I think she is kinda trying to understand why Bruce and Batman where they are in different places where she says that to both them. Why

• edited September 2017

Well,we will have to wait and see then. My thoughts are on there being romance potential and I think Telltale will make her interesting has they always done before with characters

Haha true. Again. i don't see why she's interesting at all. She just feels like a generic agent that holds a bigger role as a side character.

• If I were to guess, the romance will still be Selina. Given the choices generator screen and her confirmed to be in Episode 3.

Well,we will have to wait and see then. My thoughts are on there being romance potential and I think Telltale will make her interesting has they always done before with characters

• edited September 2017

I want to explore Wayne Manor a bit more, and would love for there to be more scenes there. I especially would love a peek into Bruce's room. The man has got to sleep sometimes!

Anybody got any thoughts on how the romance potential should happen? Like,I think more a Batman 1989 Vicki vale visiting Bruce's mansion and

• Bruce has romanced many other women in the comics and the movies. Her presence in episode three doesn't automatically mean that they will have a romantic relationship. You can choose to have sex with her (tell her you love her, treat her like a friend, or become sort of enemies) or choose to remain platonic. They should continue that and not make sex automatic for those two.

Of course, it may be that the complexities of giving Bruce two different women to have romantic relationships with is too much for TT (and that does seem likely) but that could be something that they are going to experiment with. Besides, we know how much of a commitment-phobe Cats is. Could be that she only appears in one episode. I could argue for why they would and wouldn't provide the option of which romantic relationship Bruce pursues for the player.

I say all this because, although I really actually like Cats and sort of understand her, I would much rather pursue a relationship with someone not quite so averse to it. It helps that Avesta should have values that more closely match Bruce's. Unless, of course, Avesta is shady and secretly insane/evil.

If I were to guess, the romance will still be Selina. Given the choices generator screen and her confirmed to be in Episode 3.

• Since Selina was the romance of season 1. By telltale standards, I doubt we are going to have another option.

ShampaFK posted: »

Bruce has romanced many other women in the comics and the movies. Her presence in episode three doesn't automatically mean that they will ha

• edited September 2017

Can someone explain to me why quite a few people think Avesta would be a romantic interest? Scenes? Lines? Actions?

Before Ep1 came out and everyone saw the trailer of her trying to pry open Bruce's secrets, a lot of people were mad. Everyone was super untrustworthy of her the moment they heard of her.

Now, after that same episode has released and those same scenes from the trailer were shown... Why is she a love interest? What "subtle" romantic or flirtatious advances have either of the two done for each other yet? Why -- after dismissing her theories about your relation with John (and her being super hostile about it, too: "Or... Maybe you're just like your father. A criminal.") and one scene where you save her from Riddler's trap.. you expect either Bruce or Avesta to fall for the other person? Why??!

Edit: I don't agree or even consider her as a potential romantic interest. She seems dangerous towards Bruce given his Secret Identity and forceful ties to the Clown..

• She has a crush on Batman, aside from that there is nothing to suggest she will even be a romance option. There is also the hug you can give her if you made her deaf.

There are a lot of places her character could go.

AChicken posted: »

Can someone explain to me why quite a few people think Avesta would be a romantic interest? Scenes? Lines? Actions? Before Ep1 came out a

• edited September 2017

There are a lot of places her character could go.

Yeah.. But my mind doesn't immediately spring to love Interest. I'm not accusing you of thinking that, just so you know.

She has a crush on Batman

Hm, I didn't get that. I think she's just interested in why he does what he does.. His psychological profile.

There is also the hug you can give her if you made her deaf.

Right... But that's really more to console her. She just endured a severe trauma and is now deaf. She needs to cope with that in the near future.

aside from that there is nothing to suggest she will even be a romance option.

True. And since Cats is coming back in Episode 3, people might have the option to strengthen their relationship with her then.
    But I've even seen people here say that even though they were with Cats in Season 1, they're now focused on Avesta.

all I'm sayin' is I hope telltale doesn't include this into the game due to "fan feedback". It would seem very out of the blue given what we know so far.

She has a crush on Batman, aside from that there is nothing to suggest she will even be a romance option. There is also the hug you can give her if you made her deaf. There are a lot of places her character could go.

• So glad you are clairvoyant and can tell us these things. Any other spoilers you want to share?

Since Selina was the romance of season 1. By telltale standards, I doubt we are going to have another option.

• edited September 2017

Why? For lots of reasons. Players project their wants and desires onto the characters they are playing, for starters. For straight guys, I imagine that some of them would totally hook up with her. For straight girls... I suppose the thing might be that they would want to get with Bruce and identify with Iman or would like to be like Iman... Sometimes it makes NO sense why people ship certain characters. I mean, think of how many Clem + (inappropriate person) ships there are... Clem + Luke comes to mind. Third, a lot of people (for reasons I disagree with) hate on Catwoman and want a different option than Cats. I do, personally, kind of ship them too. It's not because I saw great chemistry between them, but if I were to concoct a person who I thought might be compatible with Bruce... A person like Iman might actually fit the type. It's like, if we were friends with Bruce and setting him up on a date, we might suggest these two go out together. It's too early to tell what kind of person she really is, but since we are being asked to guess... we might guess that she has a strong sense of justice, that she's intelligent, and she seems reasonably well-adjusted. So... why not be curious about a potential relationship between the two?

There are a lot of places her character could go. Yeah.. But my mind doesn't immediately spring to love Interest. I'm not accusing y

• What do you mean? It's a prediction from my experience with this company for years.

So glad you are clairvoyant and can tell us these things. Any other spoilers you want to share?

• edited September 2017

Hey. Scooty is likely correct. Telltale ship the bat and the cat.
    It's been very clear from the very beginning. The story frames Selina as being much more than a petty thief, and if anything encourages the player to save her instead of Harvey who more or less becomes Two-Face either way.

As I've said umpteen times it's their vision and I respect that.

So glad you are clairvoyant and can tell us these things. Any other spoilers you want to share?

• Exactly Shampa Bruce needs someone compatible with him and knowing there's always a possibility of Iman and Bruce ship happening makes it more interesting. Think of this way Bruce Wayne is lonely and his life has been tough hardships and pain last season. Something like that makes it feel like Iman could be that person that feels that void in his life.

I did ship Selina and Bruce last season,but I thought it will be possible (before she played us)to have life with her.But,I think that unlikely in my case. With Iman? She is gotham-born and possibly she will share more information with you once a romance option is happening.

Why? For lots of reasons. Players project their wants and desires onto the characters they are playing, for starters. For straight guys, I i

• Okay... I guess that makes sense on how a lot of people support or believe the idea of a relationship between the two.

Last season, I was one of the few who supported Vicki Vale as a romantic option (that is, until Telltale punched me in the face for it). Looking back, I can kind of see that many of their scenes together could just be considered formal, friendly favours for each other.

So, I'm not trying to hate on anyone who wants a certain relationship between X and Y.. you can support what you want to support. I was just really, really confused (as an outsider to this talk) of why or how people think this.
    Thanks for clarifying this up.

Why? For lots of reasons. Players project their wants and desires onto the characters they are playing, for starters. For straight guys, I i

• [removed]

• It's less about their chemistry and more about her character as to why I pair the two of them. She demonstrates characteristics that I admire, and would pursue whereas Selena ( aside from being heavily overused ) is more of a fantasy trope. Selena/Bruce is far more physical, and less cerebral/emotional - which is fine if you like shake and bake romances. I personally am not a fan of people that are willing to hurt others for personal gain.

Agent Avesta is self-sacrificing, and not just as a matter of bravado. Unlike Blake, that in the face of death pleads to Avesta, she only continues to ask Batman to cooperate and save the agents. ( I realize that Blake defends Avesta as well if you're answering all of the questions, but his willingness to sacrifice is more of a facade/bravado since if he does die - he pleads to her. ) Her commitment to saving others is on par with Batman.
    - If Blake dies, she carries the same manner of guilt Batman carries if she loses her hearing. It's the instances that they mirror similar qualities that has some people pairing them together. For instance - she is also drawn to the darkness and the criminally insane. This isn't told as much as it's shown which is excellent story-telling. Her pursuits towards understanding them with profiles is much like Bruce's commitment to getting them help through Arkham and psychiatry.

Her interrogation of Bruce in his office can be off-putting, but these aren't personal attacks. These are tactics attempting to gain information. Her weaponry issued by the department is non-lethal, unlike the PD which uses guns, the voltage appears to be a more effective taser. Even after all Riddler had done, she and the Agency wanted him alive just as much as Gordon did. This aligns with Batman's codes.

She would be an excellent gateway into knowing more about the Agency, and provide choices where morality blurs a lot easier than a romance with CatWoman. Internal conflicts being a theme of this season, I think that opens up more options to explore the enemy within ourselves and have choices that would run down the timer better than a romantic sub-plot with a criminal would.

Batman's methods, whether he likes it or not, align more with the Agency than Gordon. He regularly assaults people, tampers with evidence, disturbs crime scenes, commits breaking and entering, steals, uses intimidation and threats of violence - commits violence. He does these things to terrible people in the pursuit of justice. A lot of his methods would destroy a court case against the very criminals he attempts to stop. ( A lot of the evidence would be deemed inadmissible. ) So I think the more interesting side of things is to pursue just how far is too far since most people support Batman.

Due to our own knowledge, most of us are rightfully cautious of Waller. A romantic sub-plot with one of her agents would be the perfect temptation just as Catwoman represents the temptation on the villain side.

In conclusion, a lot of people are just going to want the option to be with anyone they find attractive - in whatever way they find that person attractive. I mean, I've seen every ship sail for this title -- Tiffany, Selena, Avesta, Harvey, John Doe, Gordon.... and I'm sure I'll hear far more suggestions before we get to the finale. Harley Quinn/Batman is a very popular ship in other titles as well.

Okay... I guess that makes sense on how a lot of people support or believe the idea of a relationship between the two. Last season, I was

• You bring up good points. Thanks!

Poptarts posted: »

It's less about their chemistry and more about her character as to why I pair the two of them. She demonstrates characteristics that I admir

• Many of the things you say here are true. But thus far Avesta is not positioned as a romance option.
    Maybe there will be some tension between Selina/Bruce because of Iman.

Poptarts posted: »

It's less about their chemistry and more about her character as to why I pair the two of them. She demonstrates characteristics that I admir

• enter image description here

• I say she might be in a position for a romance option. Tension could probably happen between Selina/Bruce over Iman, but I think it will interesting cause if I pursue the romance option with iman due the rating of episode 2 which has mild sex impact. Then I think it will cause tension no matter what. Besides I think if you want to continue Selina then you can do that still

Many of the things you say here are true. But thus far Avesta is not positioned as a romance option. Maybe there will be some tension between Selina/Bruce because of Iman.

• I can only see tension rising between the two IF you slept with her during season 1, and even then she brushed it off anyway so what would be the problem ?

If you did not sleep with her and we just stay friends why would the subject even come up ? Bruce sleeps with Iman, no big deal.
    None of Selina's business.

No I think if tension is to arise between the two of them it has to be because the Agency is going after Catwoman and if you refuse to help her she could also bring up what she may have heard about Bruce and Iman.

I say she might be in a position for a romance option. Tension could probably happen between Selina/Bruce over Iman, but I think it will int

• The Agency will definitely come after Selina cause she is Catwoman.Yup,I guess if I want to stay with Iman and make sure Selina doesn't say anything about iman and me to the Agency. I will have to help her. But,I think Telltale will spin that into a choice whether than just helping her over a tell she say to the Agency. More tension will happen

I can only see tension rising between the two IF you slept with her during season 1, and even then she brushed it off anyway so what would b

• When I think about episode one of season one, I'm not so sure we saw Bruce and Selina be all that attracted to each other either. It was more each of them sizing the other up. So I don't understand why some people are so averse to a potential romance between Bruce and Iman.
    Just because it is canon that Bruce and Selina are attracted to each other doesn't mean that he doesn't have romantic relationships with other people, and also doesn't mean that there couldn't be one in this particular incarnation of Bruce.

Why would there be tension between Selina and Bruce if Bruce pursues a relationship with Iman? Do you suppose that Selina is going to do a 180 and tell him that she has feelings for him after all?

Many of the things you say here are true. But thus far Avesta is not positioned as a romance option. Maybe there will be some tension between Selina/Bruce because of Iman.

• My thoughts are not on that at all. I think there won't be tension between Bruce and Selina when Bruce and Iman happen. I think tension happens when the Agency is pursuing her and Bruce is helping cause of Amanda Waller finding her out who Batman is.

I guess she will use Bruce and Iman's romance to use for cover from the Agency and probably start to tell if Bruce doesn't help her and that could cause tension then there being a tension cause Bruce and Iman having romance with each other. That's what I think and I guess BruceBrothers thought before the rating came out he thought there won't be any romance.But,since the rating I guess he changed his thought on it I guess? IDK but like to see some tension not romantic tension

When I think about episode one of season one, I'm not so sure we saw Bruce and Selina be all that attracted to each other either. It was mor

• Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying.

My thoughts are not on that at all. I think there won't be tension between Bruce and Selina when Bruce and Iman happen. I think tension happ

• I do not care about the tension, I just want a relationship between agent avesta and bruce. Although I know telltale this season will be focused on Harley, John Doe and there will be no romantic interactions.

• Same thing I want the relationship too between Avesta and Bruce. We will probably get it. BTW i think tension just makes the story more interesting (not romantic tension) but I think I'm right there with you on it. But,if that tension happens don't say I didn't want it.

I do not care about the tension, I just want a relationship between agent avesta and bruce. Although I know telltale this season will be focused on Harley, John Doe and there will be no romantic interactions.

• I think any flirting attempts would, get this, fall on...deaf ears....

Seriously though Batman should only flirt with villains and justice. It's only fair.

• So,I guess if there is flirt option for Harley Quinn? You would take it? I guess some people would do it and me (like others) wouldn't do it. My romance is still with Iman and Bruce.

I think any flirting attempts would, get this, fall on...deaf ears.... Seriously though Batman should only flirt with villains and justice. It's only fair.

• edited September 2017

Your romance? You have no romance to speak of unless the writers decide to put it in. It's not up to you.

So,I guess if there is flirt option for Harley Quinn? You would take it? I guess some people would do it and me (like others) wouldn't do it. My romance is still with Iman and Bruce.

• edited September 2017

Yeah I know and I just said iman and Bruce is the romance that i want to want to happen. I know it's the writers decision

AnimalBoy posted: »

Your romance? You have no romance to speak of unless the writers decide to put it in. It's not up to you.

• edited September 2017

You are setting yourself up for some massive disappointment if you think Iman-Bruce will be given any real traction. I'm puzzled by the mention of mild sex in the rating....It seems way too soon for anything that intimate.
    Sure, a lot could happen during the course of episode 2 but even bearing this in mind I struggle to think that the timing is adequate. Realistically how many interactions can there possibly be between Bruce and Iman in episode 2 ? With Selina the build up was there, intrigued, perplexed, shocked, smitten. It made perfect sense he would be falling for her no matter how much he tried to resist. Selina's been featured extensively throughout the first three episodes.
    I'm just not seeing anything close to that for Iman-Bruce....It's really nowhere that "intense".
    We are probably going to run into Iman again, asking for her to forgive us for Blake's death and that's pretty much it. Maybe episode 2 will see her digging whatever she can about us, connecting the dots but even then that's hardly enough to set up a romance. I'm really trying to stretch my imagination here but....I don't see it sorry.

They have barely interacted at all and neither seem interested. She seems very suspicious of Bruce Wayne, we got that and she is seemingly admirative of Batman, right. So what ? Once she breaks out his biggest secret she will suddently develop romantic feelings for him ? Even video game writing would not allow to get away with anywhere near as much.

The more I think of it, the more it makes sense to me that Iman will be treated as a side character and those looking for a true romantic equal for Bruce will be left with Selina and no one else. I mean the choice generator explicitly asks if you slept with her at her apartment, implying that decision will have some weight and consequences. The subject is bound to end up on the table, perhaps not during episode 3 where she is set to make her return but later down the line.

The general feedback for Selina also seems highly positive with many praising her inner conflicts and personnality. I know pretty everyone I've talked with loved their dynamic and would like Telltale writers to further it.

The mild sex mentioned in the Australian rating could be about somebody else.

That being said I'm curious to see where they are going to go with Iman's character. I mean if she is left deaf her role in the story pretty much ends here, right ? I can't possibly think Telltale would write two very different narrative paths depending on whether or not you complied with Riddler's twisted game. If you can leave her deaf logic sort of dictates her role in the story will be minor otherwise she would retain all her sense no matter what.
    I wonder what Waller's reaction will be too. Surely she won't be too happy that one of their agent is deaf but we could aways point out we try to save everyone as much as realistically possible, if you sacrificed Blake to save Iman I'm not sure how she will react.

Either way. Very interesting to speculate as to what future episodes hold. This is in fact of the things I love most about the episodic structure : it's great to look back after everything is said and done at what we envisioned, how close, how far we were.

Yeah I know and I just said iman and Bruce is the romance that i want to want to happen. I know it's the writers decision

Sign in to comment in this discussion.