The game's out!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
Just so newcomers don't get confused by the first few pages of the "Hey it's Nov 1st!" thread, this is here to let everyone know that Sam & Max is in fact released!

Some handy links:

Telltale's Sam & Max webpage. (more crazy stuff coming to this page soon)
Season 1 Collection page with some explanatory text about the collection.
Culture Shock order page in the store.

If you're looking for the demo, most of the pages above contain a handy link!

Oh, and if something goes wrong, there's always the support forum.

Enjoy and discuss :)

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Thank you Telltale.
  • edited November 2006
    Thank you :}D
  • edited November 2006
    waiting patiently for my email and activation code......:eek:
  • edited November 2006
    I kiss you
  • edited November 2006
    LOVE YOOOUU!! Downloading now.... And waiting for an e-mail :P
  • edited November 2006
    very very nice! i will have to wait for my email, or is there any chance to download the game via telltale homepage (perhaps via "past purchases" on the options page?).
  • edited November 2006
    Thanks guys :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    If you already pre-ordered and have your order number and order password handy, you can activate the game by downloading the demo and clicking the "I already purchased this" link on the opening screen.
  • edited November 2006
    Um when can we expect our activation codes? Still don't have mine.
  • edited November 2006
    That doesn't seem to work Jake. At least, not if I use my preorder order number and password.
  • edited November 2006
    Jake wrote: »
    If you already pre-ordered and have your order number and order password handy, you can activate the game by downloading the demo and clicking the "I already purchased this" link on the opening screen.

ok, thanks! i will do this! i hope it works...
    i pre-ordered it yesterday (in my country it was already the 1st of Nov...), paid via VISA.
  • edited November 2006

Well that's fine and dandy, but guess what, it doesn't work!
  • edited November 2006
    The error everybody's getting from doing that is

"Your purchase is not complete. Please reattempt payment. (ARM1014)"

using the order number from the email confirmation of game purchase, and our personal passwords.
  • edited November 2006
    Hello,

I already preordered the game (complete 6 episodes) a few days ago. Now I can't find any download link and the button for the demo doesn't work aswell. What's wrong?

Edit: I also got no letter with any kind of activation codes or something.
  • edited November 2006
    No, we can't. It comes up with

"Your purchase is not complete. Please reattempt payment (ARM1014)"

We can't play it until Telltale add it to our purchase history.
  • edited November 2006
    I havent got my orderpassword! Just the ordernr. :(
  • edited November 2006
    Emails are queued and sending right now.
  • edited November 2006

When I try that it just tells me: "Your purchase is not complete. Please reattempt payment."
    On my account status page it tells me "You haven't purchased any games!", yet right below that it lists my order number and the game.... hmmmm.... :confused:
    Ah well, waiting till your mail queue is out before I get nervous about this. :D
  • edited November 2006
    tabacco wrote: »

I hope they don't send in alphabetical order, my email starts with s ;(
  • edited November 2006
    tabacco wrote: »
    Go techie! ;)
    edited November 2006
    Duate wrote: »
    and our personal passwords.

Just to be clear, you're using the password you entered in the shopping cart checkout page, right?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Okay - everyone take a deep breath!

Thank you for letting us know about the error. We have people working on it right now.

In the meantime, here's what to do:

1) Click Activation Support
    2) Email your hardware fingerprint code to support@telltalegames.com
    3) I will send back an activation key for you to activate the game manually

If you already posted here or somewhere on the forum, don't assume I saw your post. I only have two eyes and most of the time they only point in one direction. :D Send your hardware fingerprint to support@telltalegames.com and I will get your game unlocked for you ASAP.
  • edited November 2006
    I know I was. It's saying we haven't bought the game. Now that people are getting confirmation e-mails and those codes aren't working I think we're all doomed!

That or maybe Telltale could add it to our purchase history so the system knows we've paid for it.
  • edited November 2006
    I got the mail but it still says I havn't paid.
  • edited November 2006
    And a hardware fingerprint code is.....?
  • edited November 2006
    Just to be clear, you're using the password you entered in the shopping cart checkout page, right?
    That is correct.
  • edited November 2006

Yes, and it gives me the same error.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Incognito wrote: »
    And a hardware fingerprint code is.....?

Click Activation Support on the same screen where you tried clicking "I've already purchased this". Your hardware fingerprint will be displayed.
  • edited November 2006
    My hardware fingerprint isn't displayed when i click activation support
    edited November 2006
    When I try that it just tells me: "Your purchase is not complete. Please reattempt payment."
    On my account status page it tells me "You haven't purchased any games!", yet right below that it lists my order number and the game.... hmmmm.... :confused:
    Ah well, waiting till your mail queue is out before I get nervous about this. :D

If your problem is remotely permanent and doesn't sort itself out on its own in the near future (we're climbing all over the order system right now to try and figure out why people are seeing these "reattempt payment" errors), don't worry - we'll be sure to get you set up with a working copy no matter what.

The ordering system works fine, so don't worry that you've paid but somehow we don't know it - we know everyone who has bought a copy of the game, that info is confirmed and sent back to the office through multiple sources. It's solid. We just don't know why some people are having trouble getting their copies to activate, and it will be sorted soon.
  • edited November 2006
    Where's the "I've already purchased this" link? When i run the game I see the links for free trial and $8.95 (which takes me to an order screen) but not that...

EDIT: Scratch that, found it. But, same error message as everybody else.
  • edited November 2006
    Twoflower, it is underneath those. It is just a text link.
  • edited November 2006
    87% !!!!! i hope i dont have this error

got the error.
    sending fingerprint :)
    do not despair, no problem having a few launchtime-troubles :)
  • edited November 2006
    To Jake & Emily,.

Full marks for the online support at launch.

No doubt when My **** DSL line finally downloads the program at least I will know that someone out there cares enough to help activate it.

Best Regards and good luck and fortunes.

Batteryboy

P.S. they are only pissed because they love what you do.
  • edited November 2006
    If your problem is remotely permanent and doesn't sort itself out on its own in the near future (we're climbing all over the order system right now to try and figure out why people are seeing these "reattempt payment" errors), don't worry - we'll be sure to get you set up with a working copy no matter what.

From what I can gather from the other thread, we're seeing it because your order system is throwing our full orders into some random category down below "Your Purchased Games" but seems to be treating a sigle game purchase as it should, and putting it in "Your purchased games." They can play the game, those of us who bought the full series can't.
    Your Purchased Games        Order ID        Download
    You haven't purchased any games!

Order #xxxxxxxxxx | Placed November 1, 2006
    Sam & Max Season 1 Collection
    Bundle

• edited November 2006
    I have pre-ordered Bone games & S&M complete season.
    When I go at "my purchases" at the telltale website all I get is a "You haven't purchased any games!" message.

And I can't activate S&M and I still haven't got any e-mail.
  • edited November 2006
    chkltcow wrote: »
    From what I can gather from the other thread, we're seeing it because your order system is throwing our full orders into some random category down below "Your Purchased Games" but seems to be treating a sigle game purchase as it should, and putting it in "Your purchased games." They can play the game, those of us who bought the full series can't.

Yup... I hope i receive my support mail soon. And it's Lost on tv in 15 minutes...
  • edited November 2006
    Stefan wrote: »
    Yup... I hope i receive my support mail soon. And it's Lost on tv in 15 minutes...

Me, it's the first season of Prison Break!
  • edited November 2006
    odnorf wrote: »
    I have pre-ordered Bone games & S&M complete season.
    When I go at "my purchases" at the telltale website all I get is a "You haven't purchased any games!" message.

And I can't activate S&M and I still haven't got any e-mail.

Be patient with the mail, my purchases show also as non existant, yet I got my mail, not that it is doing me any good, but that is looked into right now, so just be a bit patient.

Sven
  • edited November 2006
    I had exactly the same problem with the first Bone game. Cow Race did work fine though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.