The game's out!

Comments

• edited November 2006
    ok, I got the e-mail now. But the activation still doesn't work, like with everyone that has preordered the complete season. Maybe the problem has something to do with what I posted earlier, that the telltale servers doesn't list the purchases.
  • edited November 2006
    YES!!! Thank you Emily, my game is activated and ready to play! I love you! I love you all at Telltale games!!!

*playtime* ^^
  • edited November 2006
    odnorf wrote: »
    ok, I got the e-mail now. But the activation still doesn't work, like with everyone that has preordered the complete season. Maybe the problem has something to do with what I posted earlier, that the telltale servers doesn't list the purchases.

For some it even says they purchased it, below the no games bought message...
    I have according to the page bought no games, yet I bought S&M and the Bone games...
    It is a bit strange...
  • edited November 2006
    does the downloader support a proxy connection? I haven't even gotten as far as the error message everyone else is getting... I'm getting this one immediately after running the download client:

'Problem encountered with Internet connection. (ARM1055,407)"
  • edited November 2006
    I'm al so another one who got this "Your purchase is not complete. Please reattempt payment." , So I sent an email to the support team already, hope I will get something to activate it soon
  • edited November 2006
    I can't activate, getting the same error as everyone else. I sent off my e-mail a few minutes ago. I hope it doesn't take another day to get an answer to that one.
  • edited November 2006
    I hope this problem gets fixed before my download finishes.
  • edited November 2006

Feel like playing lthe lottery? ;)
  • edited November 2006
    pinaldo wrote: »
    I'm al so another one who got this "Your purchase is not complete. Please reattempt payment." , So I sent an email to the support team already, hope I will get something to activate it soon
    Don't count on it. I sent my e-mail to support 31 minutes ago and have yet to hear back. November 1st 8pm and I still haven't played the game I pre-ordered.
  • edited November 2006
    Waiting for the activation code aswell...
  • edited November 2006
    Jake wrote: »
    If your problem is remotely permanent and doesn't sort itself out on its own in the near future (we're climbing all over the order system right now to try and figure out why people are seeing these "reattempt payment" errors), don't worry - we'll be sure to get you set up with a working copy no matter what.

I'm not worrying, I got enough to do on my hands in the meantime anyway, and I complete feel for you, getting all excited (probably?) about pushing the game to the masses, yet some nasty bug throws a log between your legs. Same goes for us customers, but we can't do anything but wait. That, and complain, but that is only good till someone gets annoyed enough to fix the problem, which is already happening, so no complaints here. Bugs do happen, no matter how much we wish they wouldn't, so good hunting! :D
  • edited November 2006
    getting the same payment not complete message, have emailed support so im keeping my fingers crossed.
  • edited November 2006
    Bought the full season and got the same error as everyone else who did. I would not like to be the one going through Telltale's support inbox right now. :eek:
  • edited November 2006
    Has anyone who's sent a support e-mail heard back yet?
  • sent mine support e-mail 40min ago... nothing yet
  • edited November 2006
    Ok, I'm getting the same error message even with the new code you guys sent me after I sent you the hardware fingerprint. :(

Beertiger wrote: »
    Don't count on it. I sent my e-mail to support 31 minutes ago and have yet to hear back. November 1st 8pm and I still haven't played the game I pre-ordered.
    Mine was in my junk mailbox
  • edited November 2006
    I think Plan3 got lucky and recieved his fix right away.
  • edited November 2006

Yep, the same here, and PLEASE add MORE download locations! I got 8.1mbit/s ADSL connection and my download speed is about 1-2 kbps!!!!! + I Already got few disconections from the server and THERE IS NO Continue your download BUTTON.
  • edited November 2006
    Has anyone who's sent a support e-mail heard back yet?

I have heard of some in another thread.
  • edited November 2006
    Stefan wrote: »
    I hope they don't send in alphabetical order, my email starts with s ;(

Sorry to say at those hard time, but you manage to make me LOL even now :)
    next time lets use names like AAA instead ;)

Anyways, most likely they will do it by history, as to who paid first and I will be one of the lasts :(
  • edited November 2006
    Yep, the same here, and PLEASE add MORE download locations! I got 8.1mbit/s ADSL connection and my download speed is about 1-2 kbps!!!!! + I Already got few disconections from the server and THERE IS NO Continue your download BUTTON.

It seems GameSpot is also hosting the download:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/sammaxep1/download.html?sid=6160842
  • edited November 2006
    Guys, do you feel nervous like you are following stocks or penalty shootout or what? :D
  • edited November 2006
    I'm going to try reinstalling and then try my new key.
  • edited November 2006
    bashar wrote: »
    Guys, do you feel nervous like you are following stocks or penalty shootout or what? :D

The question is, will the game be better than the wait? ;)
  • edited November 2006
    abdallah wrote: »
    I think Plan3 got lucky and recieved his fix right away.

It took 33 mins from I sent it before I got the fix ;-)
    Just hang in there =)
  • edited November 2006
    Ok, I've just ordered the whole season and downloaded the first episode - and no activation at all was needed, it just worked. That's great - however, is it possible to install and run the game on a second PC now? I'd like to play it on the Notebook in the bed. How would I activate it (if activation on two different PCs is allowed at all), I didn't receive any kind of code or anything by mail yet...?
  • edited November 2006
    Just hang in there =)
    yeah.. what are you doing here now anyway you lucky bastard? :p
  • edited November 2006
    Plan3 wrote: »
    Just hang in there =)

I can see a poor soul with a pocket calculator in the light of a candle calculating the activation codes ;)
  • edited November 2006
    Yesterday I posted about how important it was for Telltale to release the game early but people kept arguing with me (and by release it need not affect the legal issues.. they can still get keys and things out and only open up server downloads at the RIGHT time).

It is now 8:13 pm here, I am watching my email folder for my key that they are sending by HAND. All i asked is they start all of this earlier but they left it late and then this happens. Honestly... if they really want to make all of this a success, is upsetting the same customers that are trying to make this whole process come alive the best thing? Im sure they are trying hard but...

'Failing to plan is PLANNING to fail'. Just how much of this was checked in advance? I am truly upset at whats happened.. I hope Telltale realise that honestly it is way beyond a joke now.

This would be the point where Max stops standing there maknig funny remarks and jumps forward to pretty much rip things up.
  • edited November 2006
    Whilst waiting for this game, I've eaten 3 packets of biscuits, completed the first one and a half cases on Phoenix Wright 2, watched my flatmate pick 37 red kidney beans out of his stew and gained a taste for tea without milk or sugar.
  • edited November 2006
    scamp wrote: »
    ... however, is it possible to install and run the game on a second PC now? I'd like to play it on the Notebook in the bed.

I sure hope it can be installed onto a second PC (or to allow you to install to another PC after uninstalling it from the original PC), because I'm about to do a major upgrade to the computer I'm currently using to run this game :)

I had to restart my download because during the install, it said "corrupt installer" :( Oh well, I just hope I don't get the "Please reattempt payment" error :)
  • edited November 2006
    when SWG came out, nobody could play it for like 3 days.

A few hours for sam and max won't be that big of a deal.
  • edited November 2006
    Viz79 wrote: »
    Yesterday I posted about how important it was for Telltale to release the game early but people kept arguing with me (and by release it need not affect the legal issues.. they can still get keys and things out and only open up server downloads at the RIGHT time).

How could they give you your key without the hardware fingerprint? Just a question.
  • edited November 2006
    Whilst waiting for this game, I've eaten 3 packets of biscuits, completed the first one and a half cases on Phoenix Wright 2, watched my flatmate pick 37 red kidney beans out of his stew and gained a taste for tea without milk or sugar.

Whilst waiting for this game, I played through the demo ;)
  • edited November 2006
    kjetass wrote: »

I haven't got that far yet :/
  • edited November 2006
    has anyone who pre ordered got the game running?

i have the same problem as the most here.

i asked for an activation key about an hour ago, but no response till now...

i am a little bit upset...
  • edited November 2006
    opitzs wrote: »
    How could they give you your key without the hardware fingerprint? Just a question.

Actually thats a good question. Either way though Ill sit here and wait a few hours for my key. A good technical hitch this.
  • edited November 2006
    I had the same error everyone esle is getting. I sent an email to support, and 5 seconds later the game started working, all on it's own! Great service!
  • edited November 2006
    kjetass wrote: »

Same here. Really want my activation thingy now :(
  • edited November 2006
    Guys check your junkmail folders too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.