The game's out!

Comments

• edited November 2006
    oh my god im so full now. i knew i shouldnt have ordered the baked in pizza with spaghetti. im feeling sick and dizzy.
  • edited November 2006
    The regular activation with order number and such is online verification. With the hardware fingerprint thingy I'm sure they generate a key at their place that can be used to activate the game offline, thus sidestepping the current server issue.
  • edited November 2006
    I take it back... It looked like it was working, but it must have just launched into the demo. :-( I guess I'll play that while I'm waiting.
  • edited November 2006
    Well email went out at 7.53 pm here. Its now 8.30 pm here.

No its not in the junk folder and Im using 'two' email different email addresses to ensure I get it. Mmm...
  • edited November 2006
    Duate wrote: »
    Mine was in my junk mailbox
    Lucky you. I haven't received a sausage since I sent the e-mail to support 58 minutes ago. If this is the future of shopping then retail stores have nothing to worry about.

The only time I had bought a game over the internet previously was Half-Life 2: Episode 1. They let the whole world download it so that it would unlock at a certain time around the world. They even let us know the time that it would unlock. Imagine that.

I was really hoping this would be as painless, even if it was to be handled in a different way. If I could only play it before it ticks over to 2nd November I'm sure I'd soon forget the problems.
  • edited November 2006
    My email was sent over an hour ago. I re-send one now.
  • edited November 2006
    It's now 45 minutes since I mailed support@telltalegames.com. Still haven't heard a thing. This is starting to get frustrating! (Yup, I prepayed for the entire season).
  • edited November 2006
    I just send my info for an activation key. Got the same damn error. Hopefully, they will answer soon. I've got an early start tomorrow, and its 21.31 here already.

Got the whole season as well. Well, I believe there were a lot of pre-orders, and it seems, there is something wrong with most of them, so it takes a while to process all the e-mails.
  • edited November 2006
    Yeargh, i want to play this game!! :)
    posted to support at 8:48pm, it's now 9:31 here :(
  • edited November 2006
    Just registered for these boards. Count me in as someone having the same issues as you guys.
  • edited November 2006
    Oh ok yeah I just got my REAL activation code from the hardware fingerprint. It's a much different code and my name.

Thanks Jake!
  • DJTDJT
    edited November 2006
    yes 40 minutes of waiting are ower i got a reply for my activition request
  • edited November 2006
    I certainly hope no one at Telltale games has a smile on their face. The same people that preordered the game and the series are suffering because of their mistakes. I hope they realise that people 'once bitten are twice shy'. Im pretty sure an apology will be expected as soon as they can spare one and if it happens agani next month.. good luck Telltale in future endeavours.

I cant state how much I appreciated the fact these guys had the creativty and drive to work on Sam & max and these classic games and provide them in this format. I want to support them. But if it continues like this.. simply.. no.
  • edited November 2006
    i sent an support email 20 mins ago, cant wait to play
  • edited November 2006
    Finally got my code too. Took an hour and ten minutes but all of that is in the past now. Wooooo!

Thank you!
  • edited November 2006
    You have 1 new message. SPAM!!! argh :( I hate spam!
    Don't know what makes me more angry, waiting until i get my answer to the support request, or spammers getting my hopes up :)
  • edited November 2006
    Bit of a plunder indeed. Well hopefully this is a lesson learned for them.
  • edited November 2006
    At least you've got it downloaded. I'm still chugging away at 16kbps with 18% still to download.
  • edited November 2006
    For the people getting fed up with Telltale's delay, take into consideration the customer service you are recieving. You have someone working to manually send each one of you a code so you don't have to wait for the development team to fix the issue properly. Also realize that most game companies would mostly leave you in the dark until they had the issue resolved.

Imagine being on the other end of this. You can't seriously think that they never tested any of this and just released it with their fingers crossed, can you? Something obviously unforseen has happened and they are working diligently to get it resolved. Having a thousand people breathing down your neck definitely doesn't help in situations like this so take a break and go watch the grass grow so they can do their job without any more pressure than there already is.
  • edited November 2006
    Oh so it took 80 mins to get your email? Jeez.. so Im at the 60 minute mark myself. :mad:
  • edited November 2006
    Personally I'm happy to cut Telltale some slack. I've waited 13 years for a new Sam & Max game so 1 more day isn't going to kill me. I'm sure they're working as hard as they can to resolve the problem.
  • edited November 2006
    Viz79 wrote: »
    I certainly hope no one at Telltale games has a smile on their face. The same people that preordered the game and the series are suffering because of their mistakes. I hope they realise that people 'once bitten are twice shy'. Im pretty sure an apology will be expected as soon as they can spare one and if it happens agani next month.. good luck Telltale in future endeavours.

I cant state how much I appreciated the fact these guys had the creativty and drive to work on Sam & max and these classic games and provide them in this format. I want to support them. But if it continues like this.. simply.. no.

You do realize, that this could be just a minor technical glitch? You rave on here, as though they did it on purpose just to insult you...
    I am waiting for my activation key, too, but my life doesn't depend on it arriving here this instant!
    I was a fan of part 1, I waited patiently, getting my hopes up and then down again, some more hours won't kill me.
    It is users that can't stop ranting that kill me.
  • edited November 2006
    I agree 100%.

(Now where did I leave my pitchfork?) :D

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    Finally got it! Thanks for the very quick help Jake and Telltale!

Heres what they said about the problem for those still waiting:
    Many people have been receiving that same error as you, and we're
    trying to track it down. It's not a problem with your payment, it's
    something to do with the electronic unlocking system. We think it's
    related to some screw-up with the company we contract to do order
    activation. Regardless, the name and activation key below should
    unlock your game no problem. Click "Activation Support" in the bottom
    right corner of the Sam & Max game launcher screen, and enter this
    name and Activation Key in the two text fields:
  • edited November 2006
    Got my key - hour waiting for it but the developer apologised for it. Doesnt make it better but I appreciate the words and hope this is all resolved next time.

Im going to get my rabby-thing goodness guys. Good luck to you all!
  • edited November 2006
    I'm at the 13 minute mark :) Cut telltale some slack. They're at least helping us. A lot of other companies would just say to wait for the fix/patch
  • edited November 2006
    Got the same problem myself pre ordered the other day. No hassle though. I'm sure I can wait a while longer for them to get it working.
  • edited November 2006
    Admins,

I have the very same problem as most people on this thread regarding activation codes and what not. I've noticed that in my 'options' page on this website, under 'Past Purchases' the Sam and Max season 1 Collection is listed as "Pre-Ordered" and not "Purchased". I'm guessing this is why I'm getting the activation error.

Another thing, this password that I used "when proceeding through the checkout".. is that the password for my Registration for the site? I don't remember having to put in a seperate password for my order. If it means the one linked to my registration for the site, then I may have some trouble. The site wouldn't recognise my password when I tried signing in earlier, so I had to change it via the "forgotten my password" link. (How) Will this affect my product Activation?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • edited November 2006
    I've waited 60mins and counting for my code:(
  • edited November 2006
    NoMonkey wrote: »
    For the people getting fed up with Telltale's delay, take into consideration the customer service you are recieving. You have someone working to manually send each one of you a code so you don't have to wait for the development team to fix the issue properly. Also realize that most game companies would mostly leave you in the dark until they had the issue resolved.

Imagine being on the other end of this. You can't seriously think that they never tested any of this and just released it with their fingers crossed, can you? Something obviously unforseen has happened and they are working diligently to get it resolved. Having a thousand people breathing down your neck definitely doesn't help in situations like this so take a break and go watch the grass grow so they can do their job without any more pressure than there already is.
    Seriously, this is nothing compared to the botched launches of most MMO's. I am still a telltale fan, since they are really focusing on customer service during this snag that is both upsetting to us and to them.

People need to go do something else for an hour like play with their kids/dogs or turn on a movie, or something that is not just sitting in front of their computers hitting F5.
  • edited November 2006

I feel for TellTale one hundred per cent. However, that doens't mean I'm happy about the situation. This shouldn't have happened, especially to those who ordered the whole season.

It's not like I hold a grudge or anything after this is all over - but even worse would be for the reaction for this to be mild allowing for TellTale to think these sort of situations are acceptable.
    That said, I'll finish by saying that I'm sorry for the whole situation - for all parties included.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    We are working through a very long list of emails. I promise you we will respond to each one as quickly as possible. We have four people who are doing nothing but this right now.

Thank you for being patient. While you're waiting, go watch that video on the blog of guys blowing up a pumpkin. :D
  • edited November 2006

Well said, NoMonkey! All of you who keep complaining look at administrators Jake and Emily's postings. Something's gone wrong and they are working hard to fix it, and to help you to get the game going.
  • edited November 2006
    XdarXideX wrote: »
    Admins,

I have the very same problem as most people on this thread regarding activation codes and what not. I've noticed that in my 'options' page on this website, under 'Past Purchases' the Sam and Max season 1 Collection is listed as "Pre-Ordered" and not "Purchased". I'm guessing this is why I'm getting the activation error.

Another thing, this password that I used "when proceeding through the checkout".. is that the password for my Registration for the site? I don't remember having to put in a seperate password for my order. If it means the one linked to my registration for the site, then I may have some trouble. The site wouldn't recognise my password when I tried signing in earlier, so I had to change it via the "forgotten my password" link. (How) Will this affect my product Activation?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

The password has nothing to do with your website/forum account. When ordering the game, you entered a new password just as you entered your email address.

--Erwin
  • edited November 2006
    Is it possible that everyone who prepaid the game has the activation problems?:(
    I send the 'fingerprint' mail to the support team and hope I can start the first episode as soon as possible...:cool:

Ciao
    Tiger
  • edited November 2006
    Yes, bought whole season and just received new activating code that WORKS (took 66 minutes). Played through demo while waiting. Mail was there as finished. Thanks tabacco/telltale, perfect timing :)
  • edited November 2006
    Tiger wrote: »
    Is it possible that everyone who prepaid the game has the activation problems?:(
    I send the 'fingerprint' mail to the support team and hope I can start the first episode as soon as possible...:cool:

Ciao
    Tiger

That seems to be the case. When you look at your purchase history, paying for the whole game shows up under a different category... not under "Your Purchased Games".

HUGE oversight on someone's part there.
  • edited November 2006
    Tiger wrote: »

Ciao
    Tiger

Get a cup of coffee and a good book, it will take a while, as you are right, everyone who preordered has the problem and send a activation key request, too...
  • edited November 2006
    Right, i emailed them- and got a reply after sending the Hardware fingerprint code. I got a Name, and an activation code.

Guess what? Didn't work. What's going on with that?
  • edited November 2006
    opitzs wrote: »
    Get a cup of coffee and a good book (...)

You could start "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", if you have time to kill ^^
Sign in to comment in this discussion.