Top 5 Favourite Games?

13»

Comments

• edited August 2017

I was saying the same thing to my bruv the other day, he's only played SR3 so I was trying to explain how good SR2 is. It would be great to go bk to Stillwater and see it in nxt gen graphics. Hopefully volition will go bk to SR2 standards bc Agents of mayhem was shite imo.

I also hope that if they release another Saints Row game that it goes back to the gangs and gameplay of the first 2 games. I liked SR3 and SR4 but it felt too wacky and the evolution of the series was very strange in my opinion

• Forgettable? Last time I check, GTA 4 is the last memorable GTA story. GTA 5, by the way, is fucking overrated with full of unrelatable characters and a terrible story.

I tried once to play GTA Vice City but I stopped because it was so boring, I hated the controls (Played on PS4) and I couldn't feel attached to any characters.

ScootyZ posted: »

All the gang bang thing and swearing never appealed to me. I don't like CJ as well. As always, another forgetable GTA story. Vice City left a good impact.

• My first 3 are pretty set in stone 4 and 5 change all the time

1. Mass Effect 2 (Just some of the best writing and characters in a game man I miss Bioware)
    2. Dead Rising 1/2 (Both have different pros and cons so its hard for me to decide I love them both)
    3. Jade Empire (Unique setting, fantastic music and a better twist than KOTOR imo)
    4. Civilization 5 (You kinda make your own stories with this series and I've had a bunch of memorable games)
    5. Dead Space (this and RE7 are pretty close for best horror game but this edges it out because space horror is more interesting and the Marker as a concept is fascinating to me.)
  • edited August 2017
    1. The wolf among us
    2. Tales from the borderlands
    3. The elder scrolls V Skyrim
    4. Portal 2
    5. Hearthstone

(TFTBL and TWAU are both great, it's really hard choice)
    Now I'm playing other games like the walking dead, alien isolation, valiant hearts, etc... so probably hearthstone could make room to many more.

• edited August 2017
    1. Red Dead Redemption
    2. Mafia 2
    3. Halo 2
    4. Metal Gear series
    5. Bioshock

I love all the Metal gear games so it was hard to choose between one. Other game that just missed my list were Fallout 3, Uncharted 2 and 3, and Halo 3 which I spent way too much hours playing lol.

• In particular order:

enter image description here

2. (The entire franchise)

3. (Again, entire franchise from Wolf-3D to the new ones)

4. (Yet again, entire franchise)

5. (And yet again entire franchise is great)

As you can imagine, I value a gripping, clever storyline and good solid oldschool gameplay over anything else. I've grown up on Half-Life series so I was a big Valve fan until they began focusing on MOBA and microtransactions (and card games now). Wolfenstein is also something I grew up with, and Far Cry I've been fan of since the very first game. Battlefield is something I've gotten into a bit later, I joined around BC2 but focused on it as my primary MP game around 2012 when I completely lost any interest in Cool of Doody. I don't play MP games anymore tho, the older I am the more I appreciate an excellent singleplayer experience and honestly there aren't many of those nowadays. Probably because most modern games do not compare to the good oldschool goodness... Wolfenstein 2 and Far Cry 5 are the only titles I have been excited about in the past 3 years (well, aside from being insanely hyped about new TWAU, duh)

• edited August 2017

GTA Vice City and GTA IV are the only titles that tried to do a proper story. Every other protagonists and stories made me cringe.

Again, it's been a long time and I'm sure I did not have nostalgia-tinted glasses.

AronDracula posted: »

Forgettable? Last time I check, GTA 4 is the last memorable GTA story. GTA 5, by the way, is fucking overrated with full of unrelatable char

• edited August 2017

I can't do it in any particular order because I could just change my mind with any of these depending on the day, (and they're all amazing for their own reasons).

• Batman: Arkham City
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Halo (most of the franchise)
    • The Wolf Among Us
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I would much prefer to do a top 10/15, since there are other games worthy of mention among the ones I already have like Portal 2, Far Cry 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Assassin's Creed II and BioShock Infinite.

• edited August 2017

You definitely should, the story, characters and music are amazing :)

I see a few Telltale Games in there Great choice in games man I need to check out BioShock Infinite

• How can Trevor make u cringe?

ScootyZ posted: »

GTA Vice City and GTA IV are the only titles that tried to do a proper story. Every other protagonists and stories made me cringe. Again, it's been a long time and I'm sure I did not have nostalgia-tinted glasses.

• ** 1. Brothers - A tale of two sons
    2. The Wolf Among Us (I just love Sheriff)
    3. Walking Dead
    4. Gangster Vegas
    5. Game of thrones **

• Not in order

1. Skyrim
    2. Destiny (spare me the hate)
    3. TWD S1 & S2
    4. Minecraft (not story mode I hate story mode!)
    5. Lego Star Wars (childhood memories)
  • Nice choice in games!

In no particular order... * Super Smash Brothers 3DS * Team Fortress 2 * Wolf Among Us * Sonic 3 and Knuckles * Inside Honorable Mentions: Braid, Limbo, Sonic Mania, Worms Armageddon, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

• Same I was far more invested into SR2 story and setting than any other SR game. Lets hope Volition and Deep Silver listen to what we want :)

I was saying the same thing to my bruv the other day, he's only played SR3 so I was trying to explain how good SR2 is. It would be great to

• I hear some good things. I will consider buying the collection on Xbox One. thank you for sharing your favourite games :)

Et_Caetera posted: »

You definitely should, the story, characters and music are amazing

• I haven't played Mass Effect 2 or any of the Dead Rising games (I've been living under a rock

Jaku2011 posted: »

My first 3 are pretty set in stone 4 and 5 change all the time * Mass Effect 2 (Just some of the best writing and characters in a game

• Halo ❤️ I love the halo games

DTA30 posted: »

* Red Dead Redemption * Mafia 2 * Halo 2 * Metal Gear series * Bioshock I love all the Metal gear games so it was hard to choose bet

• I was considering doing a top 10/15 however I didn't want people to spend a long period of time trying to list off their favourite games. I can do a top 10 if you like :)

VenomHD posted: »

I can't do it in any particular order because I could just change my mind with any of these depending on the day, (and they're all amazing f

• It's fine, I just like listing my favourite games together, especially because I don't put them in any particular order.

I was considering doing a top 10/15 however I didn't want people to spend a long period of time trying to list off their favourite games. I can do a top 10 if you like

• 5: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    4: Ultimate Spider-Man
    3: Silent Hill 3
    2: Stardew Valley
    1: Dark Souls

• 1- Half Life Source

2- The Last Of Us

3- Half Life 2

4- Half Life Opposing Force

5- Portal 2

• These are in no particular order:
    1. Telltale's The Walking Dead (the three main seasons. yes, even including ANF) - First video game that made me cry. The first season completely changed me as a person and helped me deal with some irl issues.
    2. Age of Empires 2 & 3 - I never liked strategy games... except for this series. Even years later, both AoE 2 and AoE 3 are still some of the best strategy games out there (and I have played many of them).
    3. Borderlands 2 - I have nearly 400 hours in this game and I don't even know why, I just love it. I leveled up almost all the characters to OP8 (or max level, for those who never played it) and I got almost every single legendary gun there is.
    4. Rust - A game that showed me that life ain't fair and you most likely will lose all the hours you invested in your base because some cunt, 10 member group came across your little house.
    5. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - Mostly nostalgia related. Used to play it when I was 7, and 10 years later I'm still playing it.

Some honorable mentions (and my personal recommendations) are:
    -Game of Thrones (As a huge fan of the show, the game really impressed me. The North Remembers!)
    -The Wolf Among Us (I honestly thought about putting TWAU in my top 5 instead of TWD. I can't wait for season 2. I find Bigby relatable in many ways.)
    -Tales From the Borderlands (Great combination of violence, humor and awesome, well written characters.)
    -CSGO (Although highly cancerous, CSGO can be pretty entertaining when playing with friends.)
    -Titan Quest (Kinda like GTA SA, it's mostly because of nostalgia. It's a pretty underrated RPG game, many compare it to Diablo.)
    -Life is Strange (Pretty interesting story. I got pretty emotional near the end. The only thing I dislike is the cringy voice acting at some parts of the game.)
    -Slime Rancher (Kind of a new game, great for wasting time. Might be boring for those who don't like farming games.)
    -Far Cry 3 (Almost ended up in the top 5. The gameplay is very fun and the story is pretty immersive, especially because of Vaas, one of the antagonists.)
    -The Last of Us (Do I really need to explain why I love the game?)
    -Resident Evil 4 (Even though it's not scary at all, it used to scare the shit out a 10 year old me. Finished the game 16 times in total on my PS2, I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing, you be the judge.)
    -Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green (The best generation of Pokemon. Not much else to say here.)
    -Shadow of Mordor (I like everything related to Middle-Earth, and I like stealth. It's basically Assassin's Creed except 50 times more violent.)

Those are some of my favorites, if I forgot some of them, I'll add them later. :D

• Not in any order, and subject to change.

The Neverhood - The bestest game ever!!

Myst III Exile - My favorite of the Myst series (yes Riven was really good)

The Curse of Monkey Island - A pirate I was meant to be trim the sails and roam the seas...

Total Annihilation - Nothing quite like it, still the best RTS out there.

Full Throttle - The only adventure game that you can actually just kick the door down

• edited August 2017
    1. Night In The Woods - the better Life Is Strange, a soundtrack that could only have been made by Chuck Norris himself (oh wait, it's Alec Holowka. Eh, still good)

2. Mafia 2 - amazing atmosphere and good mechanics overall

3. Battlefield 1 - For me it's the best Battlefield since Bad Company. Incredible graphics, amazing gameplay, "good" singleplayer compared to other FPS

4. Tales From The Borderlands - I WILL name my firstborn Loader Bot.

5. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare - in my opinion the last good COD game

Some honorable mentions:
    Life Is Strange, Stardew Valley, Medal Of Honor: Pacific Assault, The Walking Dead (Season 1), Mafia 3, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Dishonored, Watch Dogs 2, The Last Of Us, Battlefield Bad Company, Call Of Duty: World at War, Firewatch, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Prey.

• 1 : Halo 3
    2 : the walking dead season 1
    3 : watch dogs 1
    4 : fallout 4
    5 : the sims 3

• Modern warfare 2 was considered a masterpiece. Didn't u like that one?

Homerous posted: »

* Night In The Woods - the better Life Is Strange, a soundtrack that could only have been made by Chuck Norris himself (oh wait, it's Alec H

• That was the one with the airport scene right?

Anyway, no. A bombardement of setpieces and not a single bit of logic in its story. And with that I just summarized all of my thoughts of the COD franchise after Modern Warfare.

Melton23 posted: »

Modern warfare 2 was considered a masterpiece. Didn't u like that one?

• Walking Dead S1 (including 400 Days) - probably the game I've played the most, for sentimental and experimental reasons
    • Sonic Adventure (either) - the best stories I've witnessed in any video game outside of the Walking Dead (Tikal and Maria almost make me cry)
    • Super Smash Bros (any after the first one) - I love crossovers, and this series is probably the best one out there for that (although it would benefit from having a more humanly diverse cast)
    • Morenatsu - Juuichi's route is probably one of the better explorations in gaming of being gay (warning: erotic scenes)
    • Hyrule Warriors Legends - probably up there with Walking Dead for "games I've played most"

This is probably cheating, but I was considering putting Undertale (not enough replay value), Skullgirls (I don't play it much), Life is Strange (too tacky for the year it was released), Persona 4 (I like it, but it's not my fave) and any game that has Wreck-It Ralph and the player's avatar (sometimes, he's the only reason to get a game, and by overall standards, that's not a good indicator of a game).

• Huh... I thought the story was quite good after u got into it

Homerous posted: »

That was the one with the airport scene right? Anyway, no. A bombardement of setpieces and not a single bit of logic in its story. And with that I just summarized all of my thoughts of the COD franchise after Modern Warfare.

• 1 The Last of Us
    2 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    3 Metal Gear Solid (entire franchise)
    4 Fallout 4
    5 Grand Theft Auto V
    6 The Walking Dead Season 1-2
    7 Red Dead Redemption
    8 Outlast 1 + Whistleblower DLC
    They're not in any particular order.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
    2. TWD S1
    3. TWAU