GOTG Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Rated by Aus and NZ, Releasing Nov 7th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• Hey, that's pretty neat! I'll have to add that to the OP.

Ravandel posted: »

"Marvel.com: There’s just one episode remaining, what can you tell us about the upcoming finale? Is there any one part of the story’s conclu

• The team building it worked on the early episodes of the project, so they’re carrying a lot of passion and knowledge for what’s come before in the series.

As expected. Very good.

It’s a very complex, branched episode that really aims to pay off on the character choices and consequences

Oh yeah!

I’m most excited about how we’ve kept the big final choice that we had planned from the early stages of pre-production

OH YEAH.

added some more branched content and new moments that we didn’t even conceive of at the earliest points.

OH YEAH!!

• AChicken posted: »

The team building it worked on the early episodes of the project, so they’re carrying a lot of passion and knowledge for what’s come before

• edited October 2017

Are you kidding me?!

Where’s the Wolf, TWD, and Tales funko pops?!

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/status/918899185893523457

• It looks like Marvel already has a merchandise line up based on their games, which obviously includes Telltale's Guardians.

J-Master posted: »

Are you kidding me?! Where’s the Wolf, TWD, and Tales funko pops?!

• Oh boy! I'm off to save the galaxy!

grabs headphones

• I have a HUGE feeling there's gonna be a Season 2. I just know it and even though I don't want it? I just know it's gonna happen.

• edited October 2017

Really?
    While I'd like it, I don't really see it happening. Based on how everything's been set up so far, a big plot point will probably be to reunite the Guardians.

And based on the Marvel update, it seems like it's ending for real, and they're going out with a big bang.
    Even if you don't factor in the low popularity and reception of this title, given how this season might end, it might be too difficult to even follow up on this season!

I'll be sad to see this end, because if nothing else happens afterwards, this section will slowly fade into oblivion, and to the bottom of the page.

Edit: this would mean that this is the only modern section of the forums that has nothing planned for it in the future. We'll become the new TWAU section!

strwar3 posted: »

I have a HUGE feeling there's gonna be a Season 2. I just know it and even though I don't want it? I just know it's gonna happen.

• We'll be right there with Tales.

AChicken posted: »

Really? While I'd like it, I don't really see it happening. Based on how everything's been set up so far, a big plot point will probably be

• I think this quote here is interesting:

Marvel.com: The fate of the Eternity Forge also has an impact on Hala. What threat does she now pose to the Guardians and the galaxy at large—either with or without the ancient artifact?
    Justin Lambros: One of the things that’s so fun (and challenging) about creating Telltale games is having branched states for characters, and we’ve done a whopper with Hala. You’ll either be facing her as the leader of a resurrected Kree empire with a fully operational armada of ships, or a living grim reaper/undead Kree Accuser who has nothing left to lose. Neither of these things seems like a good place for our heroes to be, but it has very different potential solutions to figure out how to save the galaxy.

So... it seems the Forge difference is bigger than we thought. Normal Forge Hala has resurrected her army and is leading an armada of ships. Undead Forge Hala is a literal grim reaper. She has absorbed the power of the Forge, but not all of it. Anyone who touches her gets their soul sucked right out, and they die. And based on what we've seen in Episode 4, that's it. We never saw her give life to her soldiers, only take it. She can't resurrect her army. Just kill more. Everything she touches turns to dust, essentially. And that will probably drive her mad.
    So... that's an interesting detail.

• I doubt it. I liked the season, and I really think that it deserves more love than what it gets, but I have zero confidence in this getting a Season 2. Hopefully, this'll mean that there are more endings and differences compared to other games.

I have a HUGE feeling there's gonna be a Season 2. I just know it and even though I don't want it? I just know it's gonna happen.

• kessjrausekessjrause Former Telltale Staff

This is my favorite reaction.

• her as the leader of a resurrected Kree empire with a fully operational armada of ships

Sounds like a good time for some music in a ship. Kill everyone and then revive them and then kill them again.

AChicken posted: »

I think this quote here is interesting: Marvel.com: The fate of the Eternity Forge also has an impact on Hala. What threat does she no

• I don't really know to be honest, while I did like Guardians (mainly the first and fourth episodes, I thought the second and third were just okay) I think more than any other Telltale game the chances of this one getting a second season is more up in the air.

I'd still like for Telltale to take on more Marvel properties as well though, maybe one that focuses on an Earth hero like Spider-Man or Daredevil.

• "Enough, Drax!"

her as the leader of a resurrected Kree empire with a fully operational armada of ships Sounds like a good time for some music in a ship. Kill everyone and then revive them and then kill them again.

• I can't wait for the last episode and I miss drax

• As far as a season 2 is concerned...despite the reception and sales, I could see it being something that Marvel/Telltale consider around the time Vol. 3 comes out in theaters.

• i really loved this series, talked way before its release even on launch day there was no hype at all! but I gotta say it does get better and I do believe that this series would've been a hit if it was released in full. 5 episodes made. I hope they do a season 2

• my choice would be tp revive rocket's friend, at least nebula had gamora know she loves her. at least in my playthrough

A way to revive someone at the end if the forge is empowered is that hala could die leaving a chance to bring someone back.

• did not know that!! I was wondering what she was taking with her, was weird.

prink34320 posted: »

Yes, unless you sacrificed Drax, in which case she takes Nebula's casket with her.

• I want them to make S2!! I really want small stakes next time, maybe not save the world etc.. but rather small stories so the characters and growth can shine.

bthom20 posted: »

I do like this current season, but i feel like there isn't much more stories to tell with the Guardians. Even if they change minor details the plot will always feel repetitive. (in my opinion)

• actually, in my playthrough he stays. so its cool that not everyone got this result

My personal opinion is that having Rocket stay as a Guardian is the cooler ending, since he's literally the last person you'd expect to stay.

• This game is freaking awesome and the choices we made as Star-Lord was great and important. Episode 4 proved that sometimes your choices impact the story a lot. I enjoyed this episode a lot because it made me feel like a leader who was always trying to do the right thing for his team but keeps on messing up. Also hints of a romance were in this episode. I think that this game can and will get a second season but hopefully a good one like Batman.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Episode 5 has been rated by Australia and New Zealand

Australian Rating

New Zealand rating

• That's good news! Hopefully it means the episode comes sooner than later, after the slightly longer waits we had for earlier episodes.

I'm also interested in this episode due to how many permutations were being teased from that Marvel interview.

OzzyUK posted: »

Episode 5 has been rated by Australia and New Zealand Australian Rating New Zealand rating

• Sweeeeet! Maybe a late November release.

Episode 5 has been rated by Australia and New Zealand Australian Rating New Zealand rating

• I thank episode 5 of guardians will be released in the beginning of November since it was rated today by Australia.

• Well that's awesome. I'd like to say sooner rather than later, but Episode 4 was rated in early September, and we didn't get it until early October.

• edited October 2017

Heart this comment if the song started to play in your head as soon as you read the title of the last episode.

Also, rated already? Place your bets! I'm betting on November 21.

• Rated already? WOW that was fast! I say November 14 than 21

Abeille posted: »

Heart this comment if the song started to play in your head as soon as you read the title of the last episode. Also, rated already? Place your bets! I'm betting on November 21.

• kessjrausekessjrause Former Telltale Staff

Thank you for reminding me of one of the greatest Gravity Falls episodes.

Abeille posted: »

Heart this comment if the song started to play in your head as soon as you read the title of the last episode. Also, rated already? Place your bets! I'm betting on November 21.

• Journey just kicks ass!!

kessjrause posted: »

Thank you for reminding me of one of the greatest Gravity Falls episodes.

• What!! It's already rated?!? That's good to hear, I had a feeling it was gonna be a Game of Thrones Episode 6 type wait.

• Can't believe it that 2 months from now, Guardians of the Galaxy was first announced.

I think this might the first Telltale Game where I binge plays it.

• Dark times. Cold, dry. empty, loneliness.
    Those were dark days.

What!! It's already rated?!? That's good to hear, I had a feeling it was gonna be a Game of Thrones Episode 6 type wait.

• No kidding; I'm grateful we're at a point where a two month wait is considered on the longer side of things.

Dark times. Cold, dry. empty, loneliness. Those were dark days.

• Finally! I get to play episode four!

• I hope guardians episode 5 will come out on November 7th.

• I bet that the release of EP5 will be either early or mid November maybe.

• Is there any combinations of choices from previous episodes to keep the entire team together, or at least have both Rocket and Groot not leave?
    It would be good to keep the 2 most popular characters on the team.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.