Episode 3 spoiler discussion

You know the drill with these threads. The ep is out in certain regions so if you played/ watched it this is the place to discuss it.

Comments

• Super impressed by this episode. The Batman-Catwoman relationship is so well developed, natural and intense.
    The overall story has not moved much unfortunately, the ending is really crushing. No way I'd be cold enough to let Catwoman take the fall for this, especially if you told her we were a team now.

And Selina in the batcave, really nicely done, although it could have done with more Alfred-Selina lines.

• edited November 2017

Haven't played yet, but know the basics about the episode. I can't wait to sell Selina up the river and put the blame on her. I'm having too much fun hanging with my best friend John to give myself up. It's a case of who I rather hang around with. Selina or John. John wins.

• edited November 2017

Actually the hardest choice i`ve ever made in a Telltale game. You spend this entire episode with Selina, and in my case rekindling their relationships and stuff, and the final choice just crushed me. I actually had to circle my room a few times (something that A New Frontier writers promised, but never delivered). I absolutely love Selina in this episode, but i choose to sell her out to the Pact. Like i usually make my choices without looking up their results and I try to imagine that at every turn Bruce could die (which is of course not true, but it helps my immersion). So that looked like a bad time to reveal that you are a mole to the pact, I thought they could have just killed Bruce just there and would have been left unopposed. So yeah, it looks like Selina is going to loose that arm, which is really sad, I hoped for us to be the dinamic duo, you know! But I guess Batman always broods alone. I hope there will be a way to keep Selina as a lover in the next episode even if you let her take the fall, but something tells me I am screwed. I will justify that to myself, saying that I still have to be undercover to defeat the Pact.
    And what the hell happened with Gordon this episode? It seemes like linear story hit him the most out of all other characters. He acts like an asshole to both Bruce and Batman without rhyme or reason. I hope they are not doing this to kill him off next episode so that we would not have to be sad about it because he was an asshole to us last time we met.

• WITHOUT SPOILERS, can someone tell me how long the episode is and whether our s1 relationship with Selina actually has a huge effect?

• The episode was good an and all, but can we talk about John? I don't think I've ever seen this amount of depth and complexity in a character from Telltale. I'm really impressed.

• The episode is close to an hour and a half, I think even more. Not sure about relationships from season 1. It sure affects dialogues but I think the choices you are gonna have to make are gonna be the same

WITHOUT SPOILERS, can someone tell me how long the episode is and whether our s1 relationship with Selina actually has a huge effect?

• edited November 2017

It`s a shame though that a scene where you teach John to through batarangs is determined and you have to let the Catwoman get beaten up by the police to get it. Even though I liked the reunion with Catwoman on the roof from Season 1, I still like the scene with John more. Damn tou Telltale!

• Might be a little too late, but here goes. The episode is around 1 hour and 40 minutes long, pretty much the same as Episode 2. Give or take. As for Selina - she'll mention your last meeting here and there (and the things you said to her back then), but that seems to be it.

WITHOUT SPOILERS, can someone tell me how long the episode is and whether our s1 relationship with Selina actually has a huge effect?

• So you can only get that scene with John if you don't warn Catwoman? I thought the batarang scene with John happens whether you broke his phone on the roof or not.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

It`s a shame though that a scene where you teach John to through batarangs is determined and you have to let the Catwoman get beaten up by t

• edited November 2017

Nah, if you warn Catwoman about the cops she will manage to steal the laptop from Harley which results in the scene with her on the roof. If you let the cops get her she won`t steal the laptop and Batman will persuade John to do it, he steals the laptop and meets up with Batman in an alley where you can practice batarangs with him

Putinovich posted: »

So you can only get that scene with John if you don't warn Catwoman? I thought the batarang scene with John happens whether you broke his phone on the roof or not.

• Bullshit It looks like selena will lose an arm even if we selected the another option :(

• edited November 2017

You think so? I have not watched the ending where you admit to stealing the laptop. If you sell out Catwoman she will lose an arm for sure, but will she really lose an arm even if you take the blame?

sthingsone posted: »

Bullshit It looks like selena will lose an arm even if we selected the another option

• edited November 2017

It's a total and utter triumph. I'm totally blown away by his character myself, he steals the show everytime he shows up.

I really love the fact that Telltale did not immediately make him a master manipulator, they did not set him up to be some sort of genius who saw everything coming away.
    He seems genuine, honest, crazy and his character is all the better for it. He really seems to care for Bruce and Harley, while still being fiercely intelligent.

Impressive. Very impressive. It's going to be soul-crushing to betray him, it's inevitable. Harley will probably put him before a choice : Bruce or Harley.

The episode was good an and all, but can we talk about John? I don't think I've ever seen this amount of depth and complexity in a character from Telltale. I'm really impressed.

• edited November 2017

Hum, no she does not. She is alive and well.
    See here :

Anyway, I can only wonder what will happen next episode. Waller will not be pleased we blew our cover for Selina, maybe even be hostile towards her.
    I also wonder as to how Selina will react once she knows we took the fall for what was her doing, and the picture she sent to Bruce could be used against her. I can see John resenting Catwoman since he's aware she stole the laptop (a thief stealing ? Surely that can't be !!).

Bullshit It looks like selena will lose an arm even if we selected the another option

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

(whispering) that's not trueeee

• You know telltale makes a great episode when you're actually falling for Selina, lol. I said it was me cause we all know Bruce will survive and I want Catwoman alive with both her arms. As for Tiffany I hope she doesn't really die

• edited November 2017

Now that hurts! I really don`t want her to lose an arm but I cannot lose my cover. What did you do Telltale???

(whispering) that's not trueeee

• Not sure if it's the afterglow of just how good Episode 3 was, but god damn did Telltale step up their game, with both the character development and the episode itself. Selina seems to have "grown up" and feels more human. John Doe steals every scene he's in, and the episode had almost movie-like quality in certain scenes and character animations.

Keep it up, Telltale, you magnificent bastards.

tee hee B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

Now that hurts! I really don`t want her to lose an arm but I cannot lose my cover. What did you do Telltale???

• It all comes down to the Bruce Wayne you want to play as. Mine is kind and compassionate and he would never put the mission above people.

Selina especially after what she did throughout this episode does not deserve to be sacrificed. If I was Bruce Wayne I could never look at myself in the mirror ever again.

I really admire what Telltale are currently doing with Catwoman's character. I was expecting so much worse.
    How silly do I feel now, but it's so good to be wrong sometimes.

• I am really trying to make John Doe the canonical Joker but I have some doubts whether I am doing it right. When John speaks with you at the cafe, whick option do you think will get John to be more like Joker (Regarding Harly) - Be yourself or Pull her strings? Like real Joker is manipulative so I thought about advising him to pull her strings, but at the same time if you tell him to be yourself he will open up to you about his inner self and you can tell him to let it out. I am really struggling here and wish to know your opinion.

• Nice, Gordon continues to be the most infuriating hindrance there could be! Maybe now that he's been taken out of the way he'll let the grown ups do his job for him... but I totally expect him to still be humping the leg in future episodes.

And that was a tough last choice... Really looking forward to see what everyone chose and the reasoning behind it. Right now I'm kinda leaning towards letting Bruce take the fall since he's the protagonist and therefore blessed with plot armor, only downside is potentially disappointing Waller. Sad.

Also, is it a determinant scene or did that Joker with a batarang screenshot fool us?

• TL;DR, Amazing character-driven episode by all the main people. Selina, John, Waller, Harley. And the side ones were great too.

• John is easily the most compelling character out of the bunch right now. I've got no idea what direction he's going in. He actually thinks we're best friends and went so far as to defend our friendship against Harley of all people. And he even opened up about the pacing insanity inside him, which was evident in the trailer, but it doesn't do that scene justice. I can't find the right words to describe any of John's scenes other than extremely compelling. Not to mention insanely funny and endearing. He's becoming my favorite video game Joker.

• This is probably the only game where they'd make punching your love interest a fun thing to do. They literally make a day out of fighting each other, Selina and Bruce, lol. It's not even fighting, it's sparring, better yet, it's like a dance of punches and kicks. They give you the choice to trust her constantly and test your level of fatigue with her constant scheming. Do you give up? Or do you keep pursuing? And I love her gentleness with Alfred. If there's anything about her that's not hidden, it's definitely her care for him, not only as an elderly man carrying the weight of Batman/Bruce's work on his shoulders, but as Bruce's remaining family and cautions he pays close attention to his well being. Selina's company looked like it reinvigorated Al though. If even a little bit. He's felt pretty on edge and worthless recently. Helping her seemed to ease that. One thing I didn't like too much was her new model. I liked her season 1 face better. This one makes her forehead look like a continent. Or maybe that's just the angle. Well, it's not bad, so I'll get used to it. Kinda already did.

• I still have my doubts about Waller, but not as much as before. Adding yet another faction into the mix is really complicating this whole mess. SANCTUS. We got rats everywhere. And Waller believes someone is running right under her nose. And her only close associate we're given any background on is....drumroll....Avesta. I'm not entirely convinced it's her, but Harley's looking for the obvious rat which is Bruce. But now Waller's got a rat too. On a different note, Gordon is starting to piss me off. I mean I get it, but I can do without him constantly trying to measure imaginary dicks with Waller about things he doesn't understand. He's a grown ass man and a cop. The "this is MY city" shtick is getting old. Work with your damn superiors. I'd understand if he had some kind of suspicion against Waller, but no, it's literally because she's in "his" city trying to do the GCPD's job. The quicker we contain this mess, the quicker everything can settle back to normal, and constantly fighting her command over everything doesn't do anything or anyone any good. "Gordon, you're dismissed." "This is MY damn roof! Mine! Mine I say!!!" Bruh, get out of my office. At the very least Waller's focused on the tasks completion. Gordon's supposed to be a cop yet he's more concerned about bragging rights.

• Harley saw her Episode 2 performance and raised it with an Episode 3 spectacular. It was intense, disturbing, menacing, and oddly down to earth in the last part. If you got Bane stepping back, figuratively and literally, you're doing something right. It's obvious she don't play the rat b.s., none of them do, none of us should, but she really doubled down on her security this time. When John tried to reach out to her, her face (And Bane's) was priceless. It definitely caught her off guard and she answered negatively but I wonder how it really struck her. I've always liked Harley, but the constant versions of her always have this disturbing obsession that stems from her domestically violent past. This re-imagination doesn't hide behind the same past, instead uses something different. This one uses the memory of her father and instead of attaching to Joker, it's an attachment to Bruce. She already doesn't let people in but she did so with Bruce, even under the suspicion that he's the mole in the whole plan. She opened up, but I haven't seen all the choices I wanted to see in that moment, so I'ma have to play it tomorrow when it releases (Hopefully it doesn't delay on PS4 like it always seems to do). Waiting on Episode 4 is gonna be a pain in the ass, but this story line, along with John's are my two favorite right now. Harley's done well to avoid showing too much vulnerability to Bruce, but she's shown it all the same. At the same time, John has shown so much, if not all of his vulnerability already.

So, question is: Where do we go from here, Telltale?

• You will have that scene if you don`t warn Catwoman about the cops

Nice, Gordon continues to be the most infuriating hindrance there could be! Maybe now that he's been taken out of the way he'll let the grow

• edited November 2017

I think Selina's new model looks really good. Better than in S01 for me.

And as Saruna says, it's quite obvious Avesta is a mole working for somebody else. The League of Shadows or Telltale's equivalent.

I also agree with those saying Gordon is becoming more and more irritating. He strikes me as short-sighted on top of compromising a perfectly valid operation. Don't get me wrong I like the character a lot but sometimes you have to know when to keep your head down. He is not in charge, in my playthrough he's been demoted.

Telltale have done such a sensational job with characters, even Waller is not at all what I expected. She genuinely seems to be a good person, I like the angle Telltale took with her : instead of making her a rather generic grey-area villain they made her someone who is on a mission to clean up the Agency. I like that, it makes working with her a lot more bearable.
    Obviously there are many surprises left, I'm sure we will see a few betrayals here and here but thus far I feel like I love pretty much all the characters save for that irredeemable douchebag Bane. This one can die in a dumpster fire for all I care.

John ? Well he is just incredible. So far beyond anything I could have possibly imagined Telltale would do. Instead of the tired, cliché, beaten master manipulator what we got is a very intelligent, yet sensitive character with a lot of depth. I found it very endearing but not in a condescending sort of way. He is not meant to be pitied on, he is just likeable. He sticks his neck out for Bruce, rooted for us since the very beginning. He wants to be our friend and I like that.

Harley opening up about her father is really powerful. Such well written dialogues, it makes me a bit sad I will have to disappoint her but there is no way in hell I'll let Selina be hurt, that would be such an out of character thing to do. I'm surprised Alfred has not taken a clear side when debating whether or not telling Catwoman the GCPD were to ambush her. He should have very clearly rooted for her. As she says if you did not warn her double-crossing Batman is nowhere near enough to let her endure all this pain. She does not deserve that.

What an episode though. I won't hold it against Telltale if they can't live up to that, I hardly see how they could.
    I'm hoping for future episodes to be centered around character developments as much as this one was. That's a very refreshing take instead of focusing too much on the "big" story arc.

So, what's on the horizon for episode 4 ? Well I guess we are going to be brought back to life somehow, like we are not "dead" technically. More like frozen stiff like Nora, but I wonder what sort of agency the player is going to have then. Like, what can we do ? It's really fascinating from a gameplay perspective. Maybe we could control another character while Bruce is frozen, even for a very short time ?

• One thing I didn't like too much was her new model. I liked her season 1 face better. This one makes her forehead look like a continent. Or maybe that's just the angle. Well, it's not bad, so I'll get used to it. Kinda already did.

I actually thought the opposite; I liked the increase in fidelity from Season 1 to Season 2 and I think that the general art style of Enemy Within is leaps and bounds above Season 1. I will say that I didn't recognize Selina (without the mask on) at first, but that's not a complaint necessarily - just that she looked much more detailed.

Sarunas21 posted: »

TL;DR, Amazing character-driven episode by all the main people. Selina, John, Waller, Harley. And the side ones were great too. * John

• I love the jump in art style as I've never really had a problem with it prior to this. In fact, the jump in visuals and animation are so improved it's kinda hard to believe these 2 seasons are just a year apart from one another. But something about Selina's head shape when she's out of her disguise is taking some time to completely get used to and I think it's the forehead when her bangs are parted. It's just a nitpick though.

One thing I didn't like too much was her new model. I liked her season 1 face better. This one makes her forehead look like a continent. Or

• Another downside could possibly be Tiffany getting killed

Nice, Gordon continues to be the most infuriating hindrance there could be! Maybe now that he's been taken out of the way he'll let the grow

It's a determinant scene. :)

• I'm still only being friends with Selina. Saved her instead of Harvey in season one, and sacrificed myself to save her in this episode. She was very disappointed and looked sad when I turned her down in this episode, but I want to see where the friendship angle goes.

I intended to stay 100% loyal to the mission and do everything I could to maintain cover, but I guess now I'll get to see if Waller actually cared about me and if she'll actually do something now that the plan has fallen apart.

• I don't like the way Bruce looks in season two nearly as much as I did in season one. Sometimes Bruce's jawline just looks very strange. Selina sometimes looks odd too.

Sarunas21 posted: »

I love the jump in art style as I've never really had a problem with it prior to this. In fact, the jump in visuals and animation are so imp

• Ok finished the episode it was pretty good. Let me start by just saying I love how the relationship with Bruce and Selina is coming back (even though I did rat her out on accident). I feel super bad for Gordon, he thinks I’m a criminal and I just want to tell him the truth but he ended up getting fired for doing his job. I ended up telling Tiffany I’m Batman so she didn’t have to be mad at me or end up like Gordon. That ending choice kind of tricked me though, I thought since Harley was constantly talking about Tiffany they would freeze her if I took the blame so I blamed Catwoman. Obviously Bruce can’t die there still are two episodes left. Although I do assume if Bruce is frozen they will go after Tiffany as well. Overall a good episode 8/10.

• I didn't stand in the way of the cops, so i didn't want to betray her again. Took the fall and ended up in a freezer as it cut to black.

• I like her new model as well...they really are doing a good job despite all the trouble the engine gives them....imagine what they could do with Unreal or Unity!

One thing I didn't like too much was her new model. I liked her season 1 face better. This one makes her forehead look like a continent. Or

• Was anybody able to see the relationship status in the ending? I can understand them not having player statistics since it's not technically out until tomorrow, but we should still have been able to see what our relationship standings are. It sort of just skipped all of that when I finished it.

• Warned Selina, kissed her, toke the blame. 100% Selina whipped. If she betrays me again i'll scream.

• Yeah it did the same for me. I really like the options because it tells you exactly what choices you need to change to change the relationship. Hopefully it updates tomorrow.

Huntsman posted: »

Was anybody able to see the relationship status in the ending? I can understand them not having player statistics since it's not technicall

• edited November 2017

Choices being glossed over like giving Bane the anti-venom serum and not being able to call out John as the guy who stole the laptop (which he actually did depending on your choices) is the reason Telltale had to cut a large chunk of their staff. I'm liking this game but damn these types of things are part of the reason why a lot of people don't bother with Telltale games anymore. Episode 2 was definitely better at carrying over smaller choices.

As Riddler would say: "I'm not impressed."

Super impressed by this episode. The Batman-Catwoman relationship is so well developed, natural and intense. The overall story has not move

• edited November 2017

Nah I'm not sure but we all know whatever choice we select the result always comes out to be only one like in ep2 it doesn't matter if you have selected the option to go after bane or harley they will always come back to their headquarter

You think so? I have not watched the ending where you admit to stealing the laptop. If you sell out Catwoman she will lose an arm for sure, but will she really lose an arm even if you take the blame?

• They dropped the ball there. If you leave Harley behind, she comes back pissed, shoots Bane's men, and takes over. If you leave Bane behind, Bane comes back pissed, only for Harley to shoot his men anyway and for him to back off like a coward. I have a hard time believing that a pissed off Bane wouldn't just rip Harley in half in that situation.

Nah I'm not sure but we all know whatever choice we select the result always comes out to be only one like in ep2 it doesn't matter if you have selected the option to go after bane or harley they will always come back to their headquarter

Sign in to comment in this discussion.