Episode 3 spoiler discussion

Comments

• oh I hope Telltale really make my choices matter.
    cuz I told him be yourself, and unleash that beast inside of you. its time to unleash some fun!

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

I am really trying to make John Doe the canonical Joker but I have some doubts whether I am doing it right. When John speaks with you at the

• Oh my gosh, I only just realized... :o

Deltino posted: »

So, anybody wanna talk about how John's weapon of choice this episode happens to be a crowbar

• This episode was so amazing! Firstly I want to talk about Gordon. I'm loving my relationship. My Bruce/Batman has always butted heads with Gordon (I play a ruthless Batman) but this episode made things really fun and interesting. This might be the first time Gordon has ever legitimately made me angry and I love that. Firstly there's the Lucius bad mouthing and the threats toward Selina. Never has "You're on thin ice" been so fitting. Then I was livid when he tried to arrest me. That scene was incredible. I couldn't not pick "Good riddance" I was with Waller on this that he's too blind to see how out of line he is. Don't get me wrong though. I like Gordon. I just love the rivalry we have.

Now about Waller. She has really earned my respect and loyalty. I was so grateful when she came in and saved me. I don't have much to say about her as she didn't appear much but I have to say she's definitely one of my favorite characters this season.

My relationship with Selina is interesting. She and Bruce are friends but they went a little back and forth this episode. What happened is that I was so angry to have been betrayed yet again by Selina. I didn't warn her Gordon was coming for her. My mindset was that she betrayed me again, I needed that usb so maybe I could get it back if Gordon slowed her down. But I just couldn't stay mad when she showed up at the manor. I refused to apologize but I kept the friendship alive. Patching her up actually reminded me of when she save Bruce's life back in season after our fight with Lady Arkham.

• What if TellTale lets us control Catwoman for a bit while Bruce is frozen and Catwoman has to save Bruce? I think that might be pretty cool for them to do.

how would you feel, when you run the Justice System in this city, and its just been taking from you, by some fat drunk of power lady named A

• This is season 1 all over again, back when Bruce ended up in Arkham and many people thought we'd play as Catwoman. It's unlikely. We're probably gonna get rescued from the ice box at the start of episode.

What if TellTale lets us control Catwoman for a bit while Bruce is frozen and Catwoman has to save Bruce? I think that might be pretty cool for them to do.

• I have the sense its gonna be like all of those Walking Dead scenes, Bruce is waken up, everything is muffled and blurry a bit. then a time skip.
    and we have to unveil the new story

Putinovich posted: »

This is season 1 all over again, back when Bruce ended up in Arkham and many people thought we'd play as Catwoman. It's unlikely. We're probably gonna get rescued from the ice box at the start of episode.

• Telltale, you know how to reward the BatCat fan in me. So many great and compelling moments between them in this episode (and kisses). It was also just fun to have Catwoman back because she always adds a nice dynamic and sass to any episode she's in, and she really bounces off Bruce well.

It was weird seeing Selina console Bruce over Lucius' death and be on such good terms with Alfred given she never met either in season 1.

I'm kind of surprised there wasn't more options for conflict between Bruce and Selina over her wistful and compassionate feelings towards Riddler. Although I guess despite her warmer feelings towards Riddler she also acknowledged he had changed and done some pretty bad stuff.

I'm curious to see exactly how our choices around John will impact what he's like once he eventually becomes The Joker. Will it depend on whether we were true friends to him or not? Supported him with Harley or not? What will be the difference between a Joker who we told to "be himself" versus "pulling the strings," and will that also impact the Harley relationship? Will it matter whether our Batman was a jerk to him or not? Will whether we taught him how to throw a Batarang or not (depending on whether we sold out Catwoman) matter in the future once he becomes Joker?

I'm definitely leaning more and more into the idea that something happening to Harley is what brings out John's inner Joker, given how much he seems to value and treasure her.

It was tough to see Jim be so aggressive and gung-ho about arresting Bruce and Catwoman in this episode, and how that jeopardized our relationship with him. I know it's partially because he feels his authority is slipping out from under him because of Waller, but in fairness he wasn't exactly wrong in his assumptions/course of action. Lucius' death was suspicious, there's a lot of evidence of Bruce Wayne being involved in The Pact, and Catwoman is a criminal.

By Catwoman having a "rap sheet" did he mean there were a lot of crimes that she's known or confirmed to have committed? Because I'm not sure if Selina has a criminal record, otherwise it would've come up in season 1. Certainly I don't think Harvey would've been dating a known thief (which he, of all people, would've been able to figure out). I'd be surprised if she's never been arrested before, but it doesn't seem like public knowledge even if she was.

It's easy to forget, with how much Freeze loves and cherishes his wife, how cruel he can be to anyone who is not his wife.

Harley viewing John as her "toy" is certainly another thing she shares with the classic Joker when it comes to how he viewed Harley. Though at the end there it seemed like John had actually won her over to some degree, or that she did care about him a bit.

I'm so glad we finally got to see the entrance to the Batcave in this episode, with the classic clock entrance. It was something that had been nagging at me all throughout season 1.

I like how Selina is kind of weirded about by the trophy room. I also think I see three empty cases, so I'm guessing those are being saved for Harley, Bane, and Freeze when you end up defeating them.

I'm curious to see how Tiffany's knowledge of our identity (or potential lack there of) will impact her role in future episodes.

I like how Telltale is going for a more greyer and sympathetic take on Waller then we've gotten in a while.

So is SANCTUS going to turn out to be the real villains here or is it going to be Batman vs. both them and The Pact? I'm curious if there's any canon characters who are apart of SANCTUS and Project Lotus.

• Well to be fair TellTale did not incapacitate Bruce Wayne in Arkham he was still able to move around and chat and was not confined to a small cell like we thought. I agree that Bruce might be saved in the beginning of the episode but by who? I think Tiffany will save us if we chose to tell her that Bruce is Batman. Which could start off her career as Batgirl.

Putinovich posted: »

This is season 1 all over again, back when Bruce ended up in Arkham and many people thought we'd play as Catwoman. It's unlikely. We're probably gonna get rescued from the ice box at the start of episode.

• You make me want to create another save for a more ruthless Batman. I did end up being fairly ruthless in this episode, and went the other route with Selena. I knew she'd betray Bruce again, and she didn't disappoint. I ended up stealing the briefcase from her, and what transpired was amazing writing.

What I really appreciate thus far this season, is regardless of your choice honestly, you're treated to a great experience. I actually do love that for those who are doing a pro-Selena play that they're well rewarded with some touching sequences. I hope those that are walking the line with a Harley romance have something special for them in Ep4 since she does seem to open up a bit more towards the end. While I don't have a romance this season, all of the relationships (platonic ones) have been stellar from friendships to rivalries.

AgentZ46 posted: »

This episode was so amazing! Firstly I want to talk about Gordon. I'm loving my relationship. My Bruce/Batman has always butted heads with G

• You make me want to create another save for a more ruthless Batman.

It's a lot of fun and makes for some great scenes. Gordon is honestly the best part of playing the way I do. The dynamic between him and Batman is so interesting.

I hope those that are walking the line with a Harley romance have something special for them in Ep4 since she does seem to open up a bit more towards the end.

I don't know if there will be any payoff for keeping a positive relationship with Harley. I hope so but I'm not sure. I like to think she has relationship choices for a reason. Though I do think she's attatched to Bruce at least to some degree. If you sacrifice yourself she seems pretty emotional. She says something about Bruce just getting under her skin (in the growing close kind of way) she seems like someone who feels betrayed by someone they cared about. Whereas if you throw Selina under the bus, she's basically like "Oh well."

Poptarts posted: »

You make me want to create another save for a more ruthless Batman. I did end up being fairly ruthless in this episode, and went the other r

• I'd love that, but I would say the chances are slim to none.

What if TellTale lets us control Catwoman for a bit while Bruce is frozen and Catwoman has to save Bruce? I think that might be pretty cool for them to do.

• Ok loved the episode...BUT FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK...a virusscan popup came up and I could not say anything in cat woman's defense....she felt betrayed...just like I do....FUCK YOU NORTON!!! Amazing episode....so when does episode 4 come out?

• In the first five minutes of episode 4, Bruce is gonna escape from the Box and meet up with Cat Woman later OR he's gonna save Catwoman. They have to make your choice redundant somehow.

• Question. In your choices, does anyone know how you get Harley to be convinced about your defense on not being the mole?

• edited November 2017

Just finished the episode. This is probably the best thing since TFTB. It might even dethrone it. This season gets better and better, the world is a lot bigger than Season 1, tension is super high on many fronts, and the plot is on track for some big moments. And I do appreciate the amount of care into choices this episode. There were many. Some were self-contained in the episode, and others felt long-term. That's the best way to handle choices (something that I think Guardians did really well this year), and I am really glad to see that same care and effort being put to work in this series. Having your choices feel like they matter really incentivizes people to replay these games, and have a fun time doing it.
    If these layoffs didn't affect the Batman team, we are in for quite a ride. The wait for the next episode is already killing me. I doubt we'll see it before the new year. :(

• I do not think that she will ever be convinced that Bruce is not a mole unless you give up Catwoman as the mole. The reason being that it will change the entire outcome of the episode if she does not believe Bruce might be the mole.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Question. In your choices, does anyone know how you get Harley to be convinced about your defense on not being the mole?

• episode 3, crowbar, half-life 3 confirmed

Deltino posted: »

So, anybody wanna talk about how John's weapon of choice this episode happens to be a crowbar

• I was wondering if it's actually good to betray catwoman at the end (since she is shady at times too, also catwoman seems to like "challenge" and wont back down). I was also in good terms with her whole time since s1 and now in s2. I think i'm gonna make another playthrough for episode 3 and actually betray her lol.

• I think there is more to Selina and Riddler's relationship then she has let on.

• edited November 2017

OK my thoughts about this episode. Overall it was pretty nice, I will give it 8.5/10

But something I would like to point out:

1.I have feeling that Harley already know Bruce is a mole. Look at the ending choice, you are asked if its your or catwomen. Its like

• Are you the mole?
    • Lol nope, its catwomen.

So easy to clear yourself? Also laptop went missing and suddenly Bruce has found out blacksite. I mean really?
    I got feelings that she is just testing how far Bruce can go for keeping his undercover or something like that.

1. Opening was dull. Episode 2 was pretty interesting ending with leaving someone behind. Ideas were like:
    • maybe we will go with John to rescue her from jail?
    • how much impact it will has for Pact?
    • how mad person left behind will be and how different will be outcome?

Result? Person returns at the start of episode and it changes nothing. Dissapointment for me.

1. It seems like Selina is now more honest with Bruce. She still want to deal with Riddler issue her way (or maybe she want to hide something she did wrong?) but overall she feels something more to Bruce.

2. I am interested in something not many ppl pointed out - what will be with Alfred? He doesn't show much but he got some serious problems. If you will choose to not warn Selina about GCPD she will tell you that she worry about Alfred in Waynes Manor.

• So easy to clear yourself? Also laptop went missing and suddenly Bruce has found out blacksite. I mean really?

This is something that bothers me too! And the fact that if John gives Batman the laptop Bruce and John don't talk about what happened to it. What's up with that?

But I don't think the 'Less skeptical' isn't true for Harley if you say it was Catwoman. Why would it be in the relationship status otherwise.

When I asked Alfred how he is he just basically says he's fine and ready to serve or something. Don't know if that's bs.

• As weird as it may be I think Harley genuinely wants a friend she can trust in the pact. She keeps dropping hints when you are alone and is opening up. If you admit you are the mole she does seem genuinely disappointed. John is just a toy to her, Freeze is caught up in his loony love for his frozen wife which Harley admits is crazy and Bane/Harley just butt heads all the time.

lilsnek posted: »

So easy to clear yourself? Also laptop went missing and suddenly Bruce has found out blacksite. I mean really? This is something tha

• Yeah I think so too. But I still want to know if you blame the laptop on Catwoman while John stole it (and probably even when she actually stole it, haven't seen that version), why Harley just accepts it that you suddenly found the Blacksite. Can't come up with and haven't seen a plausible explanation.

As weird as it may be I think Harley genuinely wants a friend she can trust in the pact. She keeps dropping hints when you are alone and is

• Din't Harley send Bruce to find the Blacksite I don't think she really cares how he found it.

Yeah I think so too. But I still want to know if you blame the laptop on Catwoman while John stole it (and probably even when she actually s

• Yeah, it's just that I claimed not to have found out anything the last time I had spoken to her (don't remember if there were any other choice?). It just doesn't add up, in my playthrough at least.. is she blinded enough by wanting to trust Bruce so that she doesn't care about the details? And then there's the whole Batman thing with John..

Din't Harley send Bruce to find the Blacksite I don't think she really cares how he found it.

• Well regardless if you lied to her i think at the end of the day what she really cares about is finding the Blacksite. I don't think she cared enough that Bruce might be lying to her its more about him getting results. She probably however would've gotten suspicious if you lied to her twice about not being able to find it.Now what confuses you about Batman asking John to get him the laptop?

Yeah, it's just that I claimed not to have found out anything the last time I had spoken to her (don't remember if there were any other choi

• Now what confuses you about Batman asking John to get him the laptop?

Wasn't it John that told Batman he could get him the laptop? But he promised the same thing to Bruce. And for some reason they never talk about it, Bruce never got the laptop.

• I hope we get to learn more about johns origins in future episodes.

• Holy shit your right that is kinda weird but maybe john was just so blinded by his hero worship of batman that he din't care he told Bruce he was going to get it for him kinda how john was willing to steal from Harley.But I have some theories now one of them is definitely a stretch would if deep down John really knows that Bruce is batman....or John assumes that batman and Bruce know each other and batman shared the information with Bruce though you are right this is definitely a plot hole.

Now what confuses you about Batman asking John to get him the laptop? Wasn't it John that told Batman he could get him the laptop? B

• edited November 2017

Or maybe it isn't a plot hole even? Maybe it was intentional? Maybe John already does know, and it was a test.. the outcome of that scares me. I'd like to have a chance to explain myself to him.. I hope the game doesn't force an outcome on us.

And I've also wanted to know his origins. What are the chances of that?

Holy shit your right that is kinda weird but maybe john was just so blinded by his hero worship of batman that he din't care he told Bruce h

• I think he just decided to give it to Batman instead. Like when he says "I'll get it for you. Only you." I imagined him internally saying "Yeah, I'm totally not just gonna give it to Batman."

Or maybe it isn't a plot hole even? Maybe it was intentional? Maybe John already does know, and it was a test.. the outcome of that scares m

• edited November 2017

Maybe, that's one possibility. But it's still suspicious.. why wouldn't he wonder why Bruce doesn't ask about it. Maybe this will be resolved in the next episode.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I think he just decided to give it to Batman instead. Like when he says "I'll get it for you. Only you." I imagined him internally saying "Yeah, I'm totally not just gonna give it to Batman."

• I know that Alfred's codex entry mentions that he's been fighting Depression since his abduction the previous year.

Ravandel posted: »

OK my thoughts about this episode. Overall it was pretty nice, I will give it 8.5/10 But something I would like to point out: 1.I have

• If you made the right choices you can also give him, I quote "a new sense of purpose".
    There is hope he recovers. Bruce is as much vital to Alfred as he is to Bruce.

AChicken posted: »

I know that Alfred's codex entry mentions that he's been fighting Depression since his abduction the previous year.

• I find it pretty coincidental that since the last episode, we've sparked discussion on how some mentally-unstable person can/can not change and debates on whether or not it is right to lock them up -- or worse, kill them.
    Suddenly, in episode 3, we get a very similar choice at Riddler's hideout. Do you believe people can change? OR Are they a lost cause?

• I certainly believe that no one's beyond reach and will do my best to reach every member of the Pact, but I think most people said that just because of Catwoman.

AChicken posted: »

I find it pretty coincidental that since the last episode, we've sparked discussion on how some mentally-unstable person can/can not change

• My Bruce didn't response. He was all like 'Well, I hated Riddler. So this is awkward.' lol

HexIgon posted: »

I certainly believe that no one's beyond reach and will do my best to reach every member of the Pact, but I think most people said that just because of Catwoman.

• Would be funny if we got the choice to really join the pact

• The momentary lapse of judgment? I can just imagine Alfred, 'Uh... Bruce? ...I suppose this means I should dispose of the batsuit?' Bruce, "Wait... what?" He's been undercover too long, poor guy.

Keijo02 posted: »

Would be funny if we got the choice to really join the pact

• just a fantasy. ;)

GamerLady posted: »

The momentary lapse of judgment? I can just imagine Alfred, 'Uh... Bruce? ...I suppose this means I should dispose of the batsuit?' Bruce, "Wait... what?" He's been undercover too long, poor guy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.