Episode 3 spoiler discussion

124»

Comments

• The fucking sexual tension in that Catwoman fight scene holy shit

Enjoyed the episode a whole lot, mostly because Selina is back, and she is my favorite character by far, got some really great characterization for her, especially with how she has actually started regarding herself as more than a thief (well at least with my choices, dont know how it is with the other season 1 ending), and how she is such a purrfect kitty now (well, not perfect, but I cant resist that feline charm)

Never thought I would love John as much as I do, he is just such a dork :D, really hoping he wont go batshit crazy (although if Twoface was anything to go by, he will no matter the choices), too bad I had to kinda betray him because I didnt wanna betray Kitty (and by the sound of it she loses an arm, wooo, glad I avoided that mess)

Waller is actually growing on me, she is still furious with me because any choice between Gordon and Waller is gonna be Gordon every time, but they did a really good job making her kinda likeable and understandable, instead of just being portrayed as the villain trying to fuck over Gordon

Tiffany... well, she is just kinda there, the whole story has been leading up to revealing us to her, but we will see what happens now, hopefully me not betraying Catwoman doesnt mean she get fucked, maybe with her new knowledge she Batgirl her way out or some shit I dunno

• It was weird seeing Selina console Bruce over Lucius' death and be on such good terms with Alfred given she never met either in season 1

Well to be fair, she stays at Wayne Manor if you invite her in season 1. Lucius can be at Wayne Manor as well so technically it is possible to have all of them under one roof in season 1.

• edited November 2017

Am I the only one who thought the scene leading up to Bruce revealing his secret identity to Tiffany was a bit anti-climactic/forced?
    "Yeah you almost had me arrested but to keep you on my good side, here's my secret."
    That is not how I imagined the scene to go. I thought we'd invite her to the office, and it would be a slow build to the reveal -- not hey so wh-EXTREME POLICE TENSION, "You're in the clear", "Even though you don't trust me, I'll trust you."
    I would have preferred the scene to start at the "Even though you don't trust me, I'll trust you" part. Gordon barging in really killed the moment.

• Well in episode 2 he can hint at it by telling her, her father worked for batman. And at the funeral he can tell her the truth about the disc being what killed him. So it was a slow build but I do agree with you that it was a little off. It did feel kind of anti-climatic. I hope if you don't tell her there's another chance to tell her and have it be a little more dramatic or something.

AChicken posted: »

Am I the only one who thought the scene leading up to Bruce revealing his secret identity to Tiffany was a bit anti-climactic/forced? "Yeah

• I know of those other times where you can hint at it, and I did choose those options. I just feel that the scene had less of an impact given that we had to clear up a forceful arrest beforehand. It was all leading up to a dramatic moment, but was interrupted by a different dramatic moment. It almost made me not tell her because I was so put off by her bold move to call the cops.

GamerLady posted: »

Well in episode 2 he can hint at it by telling her, her father worked for batman. And at the funeral he can tell her the truth about the dis

• lol. I see what you mean. The GCPD showing up kind of took over the moment and made the reveal seem less important. It does also seem like an awkward time because in that moment, and especially if you didn't choose the options to hint at it, Tiffany really doesn't do much to prove she can be trusted.

I know of those other times where you can hint at it, and I did choose those options. I just feel that the scene had less of an impact give

• edited November 2017

It almost made me not tell her because I was so put off by her bold move to call the cops.

I know what you mean. I was so mad at the moment that I told her to get out. When I checked the relationship screen afterwards it showed that she feels alienated. Well, if you send the police after someone withought knowing anything about the situation, that's how it usually ends.

After the whole situation with the Phalanx Key it was obvious that she's going to do something stupid. But I never thought that she'll go as far as to sell out Bruce to the cops.

I know of those other times where you can hint at it, and I did choose those options. I just feel that the scene had less of an impact give

• You know, I wasn't even thinking about the comics and what he does to Robin. All I was thinking about was Kenny from TWD S2.

Deltino posted: »

So, anybody wanna talk about how John's weapon of choice this episode happens to be a crowbar

• Bloody amazing 3rd episode, God there's so much to talk about, but as I see, most of it has already been discussed by others, sorry I'm late to the party. The scenes with John manage to be both hilarious and serious, giving us a deeper insight into his character, this could amount to be, if I'm being honest, one of the best Joker interpretations that I have ever seen. I've never been much of a BatCat shipper, but their interactions this episode were so genuine and flawlessly executed, on both the writing and voice acting front. You can definitely tell this is a more matured Selina, I just hope that she doesn't revert back to her old self. Waller, much like John, is one of the shining stars and has been very surprising for me. I was expecting the usual grey area character, but it does seem like she's trying to fix things with the Agency and do good work, even if she does have to do some things that she doesn't want to. I'm glad I was finally able to tell Tiffany I'm Batman, I just hope I'll be able to protect her from what's coming since I came out and said I was the mole. Overall, fantastic, flat our brilliant episode. If this keeps up, TFTBL might have some contention as Telltale's best game.

• I know! They just had to do a Tiffany vs Selina thing! But I'm sure since Selina is stuck following the pact she'll put two and two together and go out of her way to get Tiffany out of trouble. Considering what Bruce does for her in that scenario. But then it could be Tiffany who saves Bruce, maybe she decided to follow him. Like she's worried about Bruce if he tells her the truth and if he doesn't she's hoping by following him she finds her answers somehow. But I get the feeling Bruce will get himself out with those new and improved contacts of his.

Bloody amazing 3rd episode, God there's so much to talk about, but as I see, most of it has already been discussed by others, sorry I'm late

• Somehow I feel like it would be kinda out of character for Selina to save Tiffany, yes she cares about Bruce, but she is not the hero type, she is alot less selfish this season, but I still think she will save Bruce, not Tiffany, since he is who she cares about

I know! They just had to do a Tiffany vs Selina thing! But I'm sure since Selina is stuck following the pact she'll put two and two together

• I was admittedly relieved Telltale gave us the chance to spill the beans to Tiffany especially given that we can’t really spill anything to Gordon at least not yet.

Am I the only one who thought the scene leading up to Bruce revealing his secret identity to Tiffany was a bit anti-climactic/forced? "Yeah

• Selina's character is developing. So, since her character is being developed, it wouldn't be out of character for her to save Tiffany. She even tells Bruce that she didn't care about anyone until she met him, which isn't entirely true, but what that means is that there are now possibly people who she cares about. She's learning how to care again. She has kept herself from caring for others, because of the apparent loss in her life before. She doesn't want to lose someone who she cares about, but Bruce is instilling values in her that were once there.

Somehow I feel like it would be kinda out of character for Selina to save Tiffany, yes she cares about Bruce, but she is not the hero type,

• Oh yeah for sure, she has changed alot since season 1, and I think she could very well end up saving Tiffany, however based on the debaucle with the decrypter and the laptop, she still seems to have some of her old quirks (not that I would have it any other way), and she might not be at that stage where she cares about somone by proxy yet.

There is also the fact that she most likely dont even know who Tiffany is at this time, she has only heard her name in passing as Bruce gets (determinantly) frozen

Selina's character is developing. So, since her character is being developed, it wouldn't be out of character for her to save Tiffany. She e

• Anyway, we will probably have a window to get Tiffany out of harm's way, but at the cost of someone else. Once we break out we will have the choice to go after Tiffany or jeopardize the Pact's plans.

• The debacle with the decrypter and laptop, was Selina being more playful with Bruce. She explains it further when having a conversation with him on top of the Mayor's old office. There are even other reasons why she was the way that she was. However, yes, she probably doesn't know who Tiffany is yet, but she could very easily find out in the matter of seconds. Who knows!

Oh yeah for sure, she has changed alot since season 1, and I think she could very well end up saving Tiffany, however based on the debaucle

• Can we just talk about Waller's voice actor, Debra Wilson, for a second? Her voice acting has been absolutely on point, and she manages to sound really threatening at times. Like how in S2E3, when Waller fires Gordon and you pick the "I'm sorry, Jim" dialogue option, Gordon starts to talk back and Waller yells "Enough!" and the whole room goes silent. Amazing.

• Oh yes the whole cast is faultless thus far. Whoever is in charge of the casting at Telltale can be proud.
    I believe she also voices a strong black female in Wolfenstein the New Colossus. Her voice is very similar at least.

Putinovich posted: »

Can we just talk about Waller's voice actor, Debra Wilson, for a second? Her voice acting has been absolutely on point, and she manages to s

• Waller has been totally amazing as a character for me in general, I have been working against her every step of the way, but it is only because I want to support Gordon, I find it rare that I am so split on a character, on one hand I want to hate her for splitting me from Gordon (and for the most part my choices reflect that), but on the other hand her motives and what drives her are so well defined and comes out so well in the character, that I would love to support her, and I find it harder and harder to not support Waller in her decisions at times.

I feel like they did a great job making Waller seem less like someone who is just there to put a wedge between Batman and Gordon, and more like someone who is trying to do their job, and Gordon just happens to be in the way of that. In the first 2 episodes I was certain that she had a grudge against Gordon, but now I just feel like she is trying to do her job, and Gordon is not an asset for her.

Overall I think she is an amazing character

Can we just talk about Waller's voice actor, Debra Wilson, for a second? Her voice acting has been absolutely on point, and she manages to s

• Best line is still "Thunderbolt? I'm the whole goddamn hurricane. I'm about to blow both your asses off the side of this ship." Gosh, I love Waller. I agree, the voice acting is so incredible. Like in that scene with Gordon was so good. You really got the feeling that Gordon tested her one too many times. "You're so far out of line, you can't see the truth!"

• Why am I still getting the feeling that waller is still hiding something.

• edited November 2017

I think it'd be more of an 'I owe you thing' with Bruce. In season 1 she was always stating that she didn't like owing people. And Harley says, "I'll say hi to Tiffany for you" or some such and then drags catwoman along with them. So I could see her finding a way to save Tiffany. Especially since Bruce gives his life for her. I'd be disappointed if she didn't. And while I do think she'd rather help Bruce vs. Tiffany, the pact has her at gun point at the moment and she'd be more likely to get her chance to save Tiffany if they go there before the blacksite.
    I think she definitely cares about Bruce so she's probably going to grasp at anything she can to be helpful to him in his situation. And because she's on watch with the pact I don't see her being able to save Bruce so her only other option would be Tiffany.
    I honestly think Bruce is going to save himself or Gordon will. One of those disgruntled moments where he decides to investigate the whole thing himself and followed Bruce/Bane on impulse. I also think Tiffany might be an option to save him but the more I think on that the more I doubt it.

Oh yeah for sure, she has changed alot since season 1, and I think she could very well end up saving Tiffany, however based on the debaucle

• If Gordon gets killed during some rescue attemt I am gonna cry myself to sleep :/

I think it'd be more of an 'I owe you thing' with Bruce. In season 1 she was always stating that she didn't like owing people. And Harley sa

• Gasp!!! Blasphemy!!! How dare it even be suggested!!!!
    ...Although, in all seriousness.. me too. That would be horrible and I totally didn't even think of it as an option. Agh, could you imagine if they gave Bruce the chance to tell Gordon he's batman in Gordon's final moments??? I'd probably be like how I was with the end of 'Walking Dead season 1.' (Other game spoiler.)
    Literally every time walking dead season 2 played the end credits of each episode it made me cry because all I could think about was how Lee wasn't there.
    I could see that happening in a batman season 3 and thinking about how Gordon's not there.

If Gordon gets killed during some rescue attemt I am gonna cry myself to sleep

• Oh man, there is so many Characters they could kill this season to absolutely destroy me, I dont think I have ever been attached to this many characters in a game before... Gordon... Selina... John.... Tiffany, fuck Telltale I swear, you better not touch them :'(

Gasp!!! Blasphemy!!! How dare it even be suggested!!!! ...Although, in all seriousness.. me too. That would be horrible and I totally didn'

• omg... if they did that I'd probably be crying throughout the entirety of a season 3. I wouldn't even have to wait for the credits.

Oh man, there is so many Characters they could kill this season to absolutely destroy me, I dont think I have ever been attached to this man

• Okay, so I have two playthroughs -- one where Bruce is romancing Selina and another where he doesn't trust her (at all).

If you choose not to let her into the Batcave after she gives him the laptop/decoder, they get into a fight... and Alfred becomes Very upset (and says some preeetty hurtful things to Bruce). I don't understand how the only way to look like a reasonable human being (/ reasonable Bruce Wayne) is to let someone into your Batcave that you may or may not trust? Unless I'm completely missing something... It was just so jarring going from a pro-Catwoman playthrough to one that made distrusting her make Bruce the bad guy?

• Did you not warn her about the GCPD? Because if you do, as far as I know, she'll fight a bit but for fun. She'll basically just give it to batman when he tells her she gets nothing in return. But, even if you left on good terms, and turn her away when she's all hurt from Gordon's attempts to arrest her... yeah you look like a bad guy. No matter what in that situation. Its actually worse if you were on good terms I think. lol.

Okay, so I have two playthroughs -- one where Bruce is romancing Selina and another where he doesn't trust her (at all). If you choose no

• Yeah, because I was going with the whole "she just betrayed me and we already weren't on good terms" mentality, I didn't warn her... Then she showed up, beyond mad, and there was no way I could let her in the Batcave... especially when I already know I'll be betraying her at the end of the episode.. :( I guess I just wish there was a way to make the scene play out more naturally once Alfred comes bursting in after the fight.

My Bruce had too many reasons not to trust Selina (in this playthrough). Maybe I should've just stuck to my romance playthrough that felt 100% natural! :/

Did you not warn her about the GCPD? Because if you do, as far as I know, she'll fight a bit but for fun. She'll basically just give it to b

• lol. Yeah you definitely feel like their conversations and everything make more sense if she was just romanced.
    I mean, at that point, I could understand why Alfred would be upset and Selina surprised. But if you left on bad terms and she's done nothing to prove she can be trusted, especially since she steals from him the moment she can, it makes no sense for them to be upset about it.

Yeah, because I was going with the whole "she just betrayed me and we already weren't on good terms" mentality, I didn't warn her... Then sh

• Exactly! And when I chose not to warn Selina, Alfred was on my side and agreed with my decision. I told him she had just betrayed me, he said "you know what must be done", I told him I didn't warn her, and he said "Splendid". (This was all back on the rooftop after talking to Jim).

Then I get home and Alfred's outraged that we got in a fight when I refused to let her into my secret lair? I was like, "Alfred, are you serious right now?"

lol. Yeah you definitely feel like their conversations and everything make more sense if she was just romanced. I mean, at that point, I co

• Yeah always go with what feels natural in these games and don't try overthinking it

Yeah, because I was going with the whole "she just betrayed me and we already weren't on good terms" mentality, I didn't warn her... Then sh

• lol. He just wanted a new friend. You see, that was his plan all along, to get Selina at Wayne manor and not be so lonely.
    But, yeah. There are some definite plot holes in this episode. It's still really good but you do kinda got to play it a certain way to get the best experience.

Exactly! And when I chose not to warn Selina, Alfred was on my side and agreed with my decision. I told him she had just betrayed me, he sai

• In the next scene after the fight and Alfred's initial upset, everything seemed to right itself and Alfred said he understands why I did what I did because of how things ended with Selina last year. So it Really was only a few lines of dialogue that felt Super off-base.

Sorry to anyone reading my comments/ if they come off as me just whining, by the way! I was mostly wondering if I had done something wrong or missed something.. or if anyone else playing through a similar route had gotten better results.

And thanks for the responses, GamerLady!

lol. He just wanted a new friend. You see, that was his plan all along, to get Selina at Wayne manor and not be so lonely. But, yeah. Ther

• Anytime! :)

In the next scene after the fight and Alfred's initial upset, everything seemed to right itself and Alfred said he understands why I did wha

Sign in to comment in this discussion.