Avesta vs Selina...who is the better woman for Bruce ?

123457»

Comments

• edited April 2018

Harley is clearly the superior choice.

Barley

Thing

• I don't think so ;)

Dan10 posted: »

Harley is clearly the superior choice. Barley Thing

• Klopp is bad manager

19Street95 posted: »

I don't think so

• It is and always will be.

I don't think so

• Ouch, ouch, ouch... we are on our way to go so far offtopic that the moderators are gonna be so disappointed with us... I will just let you know that if I could pick any manager I wanted I would pick Klopp... nobody else could do the job better... and I will be devastated the day he gets fired or leaves.

Now, back to topic...

Selina > Avesta > Alfred > Selinas cat > John > Frank > Franks unknown brother > Waller > Gordon > Harley

So there are a few people that are in front of Harley at this moment... perhaps if she was not a complete psycho she could compete with the likes of Waller... maybe in the future :)

Dan10 posted: »

Klopp is bad manager

• edited April 2018

BATCAT 4 LIFE
    Bruce and Selina just match and for people that are saying that Selina still can't be trusted after season 2, you guys should consider a Villain playthrough and decide after that.

• edited April 2018

Haha you support Liverpool? Klopp's a bottler. Lost most of his finals. Still can't win a trophy.

Waller's a psycho and the true villian. Harley>Nora>Gordon's stache>Willy>Frank>Avesta>Bane>Waller>Alfred>Selina>Joker/John Doe

Ouch, ouch, ouch... we are on our way to go so far offtopic that the moderators are gonna be so disappointed with us... I will just let you

• Waller was nice in the Villain episode.

• I like Selina more even tho im not sure is she using me, i mean all the love i give to her she sees it as favours like wtf...

• Mhhh, i get what you mean but i always get the feeling that she just isnt used to express her feelings and actually trust another person. In season 1 sure, she used Bruce to break into Wayne Enterprises but after letting her into the Batcave in season 2 i feel like she starts to care about him much more.

Bruno113 posted: »

I like Selina more even tho im not sure is she using me, i mean all the love i give to her she sees it as favours like wtf...

• Yeah i agree that she is starting to care about Bruce more, maybe there is a hope.

Pyro902 posted: »

Mhhh, i get what you mean but i always get the feeling that she just isnt used to express her feelings and actually trust another person. In

• Im sure there is, we'll see in Season 3 how things end up :hushed:

Bruno113 posted: »

Yeah i agree that she is starting to care about Bruce more, maybe there is a hope.

• I'm sure they will make fans of both happy if there is a Season 3.

• edited April 2018

Im pretty confident in that there will be one. Pete Hawley already stated that Season 2 was the best Season sold since he took the job and there is stil so much left to explore and feature in the Batman universe. They just scratched the surface with these two seasons and judging by the ending of Season 2 a third season is VERY possible. Of course you got people saying that it would be really hard to connect all the different outcomes and decisions from season 2 but im sure that Telltale will manage. They gave me hope after this season, especially episode 5.

Zjaa6 posted: »

I'm sure they will make fans of both happy if there is a Season 3.

• Vicki Vale Lol, but my personal ship, even more, lol cause it's true. :lol:

• That is exactly what i thought as well. That Avesta ran away from her father because she didn't agree with his methods of cleaning the world.

Zjaa6 posted: »

Considering Talia is an other huge love interest for Batman along with Catwoman, I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route with Avesta but a Telltale version of her, a version more moral so to speak. Maybe she's running from her father.

• Obviously Selina. And it's not even close

• I think both women have their perks and faults. I love them both and have respect for them both, so at this point I believe the question isn't really who is better, it's who do you prefer. I think it boils down to player choice.

• I wonder if Vicki is still out there somewhere.

DrewLamon posted: »

Vicki Vale Lol, but my personal ship, even more, lol cause it's true.

• My list is a bit different than yours, but ultimately I agree re Harley. Also, I know he was supposed to be charming and sympathetic in episode three, but I never really fell for John. I just thought he was awkward and weird.

Avesta > Selina > Harvey > Frank > Franks unknown brother > Waller > Oswald Cobblepot > Lady Arkham > Harley

No thanks to Alfred, he's just too old. Also, no to any non-human animals. Not everyone thinks Harvey's hot... but I do.

Ouch, ouch, ouch... we are on our way to go so far offtopic that the moderators are gonna be so disappointed with us... I will just let you

• edited April 2018

Well both are strong women with their good and bad points, and both of them know who Bruce really is. I'm sure both will keep his secret. I didn't like Avesta at the beginning since she was affiliated with Waller and that Waller couldn't be trusted.

But after she helped Bruce/Batman with destroying the blood samples and getting dirt on Waller, I then decided to forgive her for disclosing my identity.

I was really pissed when I found out it was her, because thats how Waller found out. Before the release of episode 3, I was like " i knew there was something about Avesta that I was right to think she wasn't trustworthy"

• Selina easily, I went full Selina in season 1 and 2. I told her I loved her when she saved me in episode 5 of season 2 and took the freeze box instead of her in episode 3.

• edited August 2018

It would make for a love triangle actually done right.

• I think it depends on your point of view and what kind of Bruce Wayne/Batman you want.

For example I have used all four of my save files and re-named them as follows

Save File 1 - Good Batman
    Save File 2 - Bad Batman
    Save File 3 - Good And Bad Batman
    Save File 4 - 50 50 Batman

Obviously each game is different and so is each Bruce Wayne/Batman

Good Batman - He and Catwoman are friends the reason being Bruce/Batman can't let anything or anybody get in the way of his mission/crusade and having a relationship with Catwoman in his mind could. Due to the fact that if he became involved with her it might cloud his judgement. Although it could be argued his feelings for her did cloud his judgement seeing as how he saved her over Harvey at the debate. Although he told her when asked why he did it that it was in order to keep her as an ally. While he is friends with her and does care about her and while he did put her over and above his friend Harvey in season 1. He seems to have gotten over that 'mistake' he made and proven he won't allow whatever feelings he has for her to get in the way of him doing his job. The way in which he did that was by not warning her that Gordon was coming to try and arrest her. Although he made it up to her by working with her to crack Riddler's laptop and take down the pact as well as having Waller clear her criminal record. This Bruce Wayne while considering the mission/crusade important considers himself to be more Bruce Wayne than Batman. Meaning Bruce Wayne is who he really is and Batman is just the mask he uses to fight crime.

An while he doesn't think/feel or believe that Catwoman would ever cross the line that in his mind you can't come back from (that being committing murder) if she did again he wouldn't let his feelings get in the way of him taking her into custody. Just like he didn't when John Doe killed those Agents or when Tiffany was revealed to have killed Riddler or Harvey destroyed that entire city block.

Bad Batman - Considers Batman to be who he really is and Bruce Wayne is the mask he wears. He doesn't allow his feelings to get in the way either and he is willing to use anybody that is useful to him which is why he saved Catwoman instead of Harvey because in his mind it was a strategic manoeuvre by doing this he kept her on side and because he considers himself to be more Batman than Bruce Wayne having Catwoman as an ally of Batman's was better/more important than having Harvey as one (He might also have done it out of revenge due to Harvey having told him how he had to distance himself from him) However when a person is no longer useful to him or get's in the way of him doing what he needs to do in order to stop the bad guys he casts them aside without a second thought or does whatever he needs to in order to get them out of the way. Which is why he allowed Gordon to go after Catwoman without her knowing because it would stop her getting the laptop before him. Nothing else matters to him except being Batman and doing whatever it takes to stop the bad guys. Even if that means breaking the law himself (example brutalising Falcone or breaking a sniper's arm or allowing agents to die or sacrificing Catwoman to maintain his cover)

Good And Bad Batman - While Good Batman doesn't let his heart rule his head or at least tries not to. This Batman/Bruce Wayne is the opposite. His heart rules him more than his head does. Which is why despite the fact Harvey was his friend he gave into Selina's seduction. An it was because he had feelings for her that he saved her instead of Harvey. He also warned her of Gordon's intent to come and arrest her. An while Good Batman attempted to arrest Tiffany and didn't trust John Doe after he was found in the fun house with all of those dead agents. This Batman took Tiffany under his wing due to their friendship. An he believed John and tried to stop him from going too far as a Viglante because of their friendship. He also negotiated Catwoman going free when he was on the roof with Waller. He also gave up Batman so that he didn't lose Alfred. Where as Good Batman gave up Alfred for Batman because he couldn't allow Gotham to potentially go back to how it had been before Batman. An Bad Batman gave up Alfred simply because he didn't want to hear his excuses.

50 50 Batman - When he and Catwoman first met he told her how he did what he did for the thrill. He also saved her instead of Harvey and when she asked him why he did it he refused to give her an answer. He did also sleep with her although the next morning he snuck out before she woke up and before she left town he told her how she was nothing more than a thief. An when she came back he did warn her of Gordon's plans to come after her however that was simply so that he could take the laptop off of her. An after making John Doe think he believed him and was on the roof with Waller instead of negotiating Catwoman's release he instead had Waller agree not to go after Avesta.

Although one of my Batman/Bruce Wayne's is romantically involved with Catwoman/Selina I think it is safe to say neither one of them is 'normal' and while we know the reason why Bruce is the way he is. I can't help but wonder what caused or lead Selina to become Catwoman to become a thief. I also think and feel that without their alter egos I don't think a relationship between them would work they need Batman and Catwoman as much as they need one and other.

As for Avesta I am hoping that the possibility of a romance in season 3 is going to happen due to the fact I can imagine my good Batman possibly perusing her as well as my 50/50 Batman.

• I don't really get Avesta as a romance option. There just wasn't enough flirting between them for her to qualify as a significant interest for Bruce. Their chemistry is good, don't get me wrong, but I felt like their relationship is more professional than Selina/Bruce's playful banter. Selina's relationship just felt a lot more natural and realistic as a romantic relationship.

And besides, my Bruce had a hard time trusting women who don't put all their cards on the table after Vicky Vale in S1. At least you know Catwoman for whom she really is.

• edited November 2019

I see Avesta good as an ally, a probable successor to Regina Zellerbach as a corporate employee. I do understand why many players see her as a more 'stable' person for Bruce, but the nature of Batman's life is not good for her. Batman's love interest will always be put into peril, and in mission-critical situations, he needs to be able to continue his work knowing that she can escape by herself. Avesta won't be able to do that.

whether or not you choose to give up Batman or give up Alfred, his life is a magnet for danger and super-villains, even as Bruce. There will come a time sooner rather than later when the love interest is targeted by a villainous Joker or the next super-villain and he has to make a morally tough choice again, like between saving Rachel Dawes (his love) vs Harvey Dent (for his city) in TDK. That was one of the saddest moments in DC movies. ≈

It's not about who is the 'better' woman. But who has the better ability to stay alive.

• edited November 2019

Ask you something. I think there are a few who gave reasons why Selina did not reveal his identity throughout S1 and S2, e.g. he's still useful to her, it's not beneficial to her, she's keeping an "ace up her sleeve".

Here's the Big ACE:

• Beaten up and abused by Bruce while injured. Goes to the subway to meet Harley.
    • Harley, a trained psychiatrist, ties up Selina and interrogates her at length about the laptop theft.

But she does good to someone who mistreated and hurt her - kept his identity a secret even if it could have saved her life in this situation.

Sounds very morally upright to me ;)

GamerLady posted: »

I think it's the fact that she tried risking her life for her colleagues. She begs Batman to answer Riddler's riddles despite that it'll mea

• edited May 2020

Before you battle the Pact with Vigilante Joker, you can see and overhear “Iman” talking over the phone to someone. Throughout the conversation, she’s speaking bits of Farsi. Farsi is the endonym for the Persian language. From what I recall, the League of Assassins are located in Pakistan, and we all know that these days, it’s not uncommon to find citizens from other parts of the Middle East in Pakistan...specifically, Iranians. Farsi, nowadays, appears to be a rarely spoken language in Pakistan, but that’s not to say it’s an unknown language to Pakistanis and Iranians.

Now I get that I sound like a conspiracy theorist with all this nonsense, but it’s been brought up before, and now it could actually hold some weight; could “Iman Avesta” just be Talia al Ghul sister
    in disguise? I mean, the conversation between her and what sounds like a parent seems normal on its own, but then again, she’s asking for a place to stay in Gotham because she just got fired from the Agency, and the League of Assassins ought to have some sort of influence in Gotham, at least from the shadows. Let me know what you guys think.

• The creative director, Kent Mudle, confirmed that the writing team didn't intend Iman Avesta to be Talia Al Ghul. The voice actress for Avesta is half Iranian, hence the Farsi dialogue. I do think that's intentional, to function as a possible base for future developers to build on.

Avesta was born and raised in Gotham. Talia Al Ghul wasn't raised in Gotham - she was born and raised by Ra's Al Ghul in Nanda Parbat, a DC fictional city in the Hindu Kush mountains which is actually in the Pakistan/Afghanistan border. I think it's likely for Avesta to be an estranged daughter of Ra's Al Ghul.

Before you battle the Pact with Vigilante Joker, you can see and overhear “Iman” talking over the phone to someone. Throughout the conversat

Sign in to comment in this discussion.