Are you more excited for Walking Dead Season 4, or Wolf Among Us 2? [Poll]

2»

Comments

• I don’t hate it. Its better than ANF obviously. I just feel as though almost every game after TWD S1 slowly declined in quality. Ever since Telltale decided to work on 2 or more games at the same time

iFoRias posted: »

Seriously ? I'm surprised you hate TWAU i honestly think it's one of the best games Telltale have made. Oh well.

• edited March 2018

I think they've set the bar too high with TWD Season 1 that's what ruined the company.
    I still have some faith in them after Batman The Enemy Within but we'll probably never have a game like TWD S1 again.

dan290786 posted: »

I don’t hate it. Its better than ANF obviously. I just feel as though almost every game after TWD S1 slowly declined in quality. Ever since Telltale decided to work on 2 or more games at the same time

• edited March 2018

Wolf.
    Although I don't despise ANF 100% it has changed something for me, in terms of how I look at the series as a whole and it's not good. I'll also be playing s4 because I need to see this to its conclusion.
    But Wolf? It's unsoiled man, has incredible potential and I'd be lying if I said I don't have high expectations (even though I've been trying to hold myself back). Here's to hoping it will be good.
    Here's to hoping both TWD and Wolf will be good

• Also pretty sure Wolf S2 will still bring something fresh and new, while sadly Walking Dead has just been stale in all medias lately.

iFoRias posted: »

Seriously ? I'm surprised you hate TWAU i honestly think it's one of the best games Telltale have made. Oh well.

• Although I don't despise ANF 100% it has changed something for me, in terms of how I look at the series as a whole and it's not good.

Personally, the second half of Season 2 is what tainted and crippled the game series for the indefinite future. A New Frontier actually had a fair number of things going for it and it's failure to ultimately do most of that justice is what both makes it objectively worse and helped assure me by an inch that there truly was nothing left in these games, for my money.

Timcanpy posted: »

Wolf. Although I don't despise ANF 100% it has changed something for me, in terms of how I look at the series as a whole and it's not good

• Interesting. I actually had no problems with season 2 (well, maybe one frustrations or two but nothing major that I can remember). I agree that ANF had things going for it, I remember playing and thinking at one point "This is actually happening right now. We are actually going in this direction." From there it continued like that and it never stopped. The rewrites and constant change in people who wrote the script between episodes were bound to leave their mark. The best part for me was telltale framing the 1st episode as "too long" and having to separate it in two parts when in reality, they only had content for 4 episodes and thinking I won't realise. Nice one

DabigRG posted: »

Although I don't despise ANF 100% it has changed something for me, in terms of how I look at the series as a whole and it's not good.

• If it ain't Season 1, the old man don't care.

That's how a lot of people are on these forums sadly. I don't get why people stick around if they hate everything that has come out ever since season 1. But, it's not my place to tell people what to do.

DabigRG posted: »

If it ain't Season 1, the old man don't care.

• TWD i cant understand why people like TWAU maybe someone wanna explain to me

• edited April 2018

Probably similar to the reason(s) I've stuck around as long as I have(read: nearly three years):

• They've already made that commitment of getting signed up and logged in to this site,
    • there's a number of things on their mind regarding the games that can be expressed by posting it in the appropriate place that is here,
    • and there's bound to be more things they can talk about either with the other users they meet or with material that comes from future installments.

Of course, there's also the fact that I have threads specifically crafted to have anyone contribute any number of thoughts and ideas they want to contribute/share at any point in time.

Veeeee posted: »

If it ain't Season 1, the old man don't care. That's how a lot of people are on these forums sadly. I don't get why people stick aro

• I haven't played Wolf Among us, so definitely TWD Season 4. I'm just really afraid that they're gonna screw it up.

• The Wolf Among Us 2 all the way.

• edited April 2018

That's what I don't get it. People say "I'm sure the Wolf will bring something fresh and new". Yeah, I can't wait for the Wolf to be released to see people complaining "Nooo, they've ruined Wolf too" cause lets face it. Nothing will be better than their first games. :P Its kind of our fault cause we always expect them to make something FAR better than previous entries and we end up being dissapointed.

But to answer the thread question... I'm more excited for TWD because I know exactly what to expect. With the Wolf... let's just say I'd prefer if they didn't start working on the sequel because the chances are, they'll ruin the series as they did with everything else. Not saying that their games are not good and I don't enjoy them but seeing how almost everyone praise TWAU, I doubt they will deliver an experience that will please all the hardcore fans.

Poogers555 posted: »

Also pretty sure Wolf S2 will still bring something fresh and new, while sadly Walking Dead has just been stale in all medias lately.

• edited April 2018

As much as i love TWD it's not like before,it's not "fresh and new" i'm not really excited as i was before when i hear about TWD.I still love it but after 8 seasons of the show,
    3 games,and the comics,it's not so "fresh and new" anymore.

But The Wolf Among Us ? There's a lot to do with this universe.

Tewudin posted: »

That's what I don't get it. People say "I'm sure the Wolf will bring something fresh and new". Yeah, I can't wait for the Wolf to be release

• edited April 2018

Judging by the leaked demo, it looks like telltale is getting back in the swing of making atmospheres for the player to explore. I'm a lot more excited for both of them now. Though the final season is what I am more invested in at the current moment.

• edited April 2018

The disappointment with TWD is that according to some the quality declined both in the second season and with ANF.
    As for TWAU, this will be the second season, so the expectations are very great.
    But let's face it: it's no longer the same team that will work this season, after all there were waivers during the pre-production of ANF, which affected Telltale as a whole.
    Anyway, I'm hoping that both series will succeed.

Tewudin posted: »

That's what I don't get it. People say "I'm sure the Wolf will bring something fresh and new". Yeah, I can't wait for the Wolf to be release

• TWAU easily. ANF was just so bad... TWAU has an interesting setting, characters, choices and overall plot, something TWD franchise hasn't seemed to have in years

• edited April 2018

Will definitely buy both but I am more excited for the final season. Personally I never really understood how people could claim that TWAU and TFTB are better then TWD S1. I mean TWD S1 basically made adventure games cool again, before it the genre was slowly dying. I understand that S2 and ANF weren’t that great (especially ANF) but TFS will be ending one of the most popular series in the adventure game genre.

• Personally I never really understood how people could claim that TWAU and TFTB are better then TWD S1.

Imo The Walking Dead S1 is overrated,it's great and all but Tales From The Borderlands was so much better for me,the characters,Handsome Jack,playing as Rhys and Fiona, and all of that.

TWD S1 was great but after that,the quality decreased a lot,i think that's why people are not hype for TWD anymore.

Will definitely buy both but I am more excited for the final season. Personally I never really understood how people could claim that TWAU a

• edited April 2018

I love TWAU, and I really do hope season 2 is good. However, it seems Telltale is working on it more due to mass fan requests instead of their own desire and passion. That just doesn't give me a good feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

I think more effort will be put in TWD season 4. Since it's the final season of the series that made Telltale really famous, it needs to go out with a bang. It's what we all want, and it's what they want too.

• Probably my biggest fear about Wolf s2, scared it is only happening because ANF was such a flop and complaints Telltale doesnt listen to fans were at an all time high, leading them to announcing Wolf S2, the game fans kept asking for.

migfire posted: »

I love TWAU, and I really do hope season 2 is good. However, it seems Telltale is working on it more due to mass fan requests instead of the

• I am more interested in TWD but I'm not sure if it's gonna be "lit" or not. I have some concerns but I'm keeping an open mind. As for Wolf 2, I am apathetic. I played the first season and liked it well enough but I could take or leave a Wolf 2. My purchase decision for Wolf 2 will be determined by how TWD TFS ends. If I'm not happy with the conclusion of Clem's story then it'll be the last TellTale game I ever buy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.