Who's a bigger "villain" Lilly (Season One) or Jane (Season Two)

Comments

• edited March 2018

And my opinion is that person was moronic in saying that Jane didn’t do anything wrong

Still doesn't give you the right to call him a moron it's just rude.He made some good points about Kenny,i'm sorry but Kenny has it's flaws too,you can't attack someone just because they have a different opinion than yours.

So yeah,it's cool let's move on.

dan290786 posted: »

And my opinion is that person was moronic in saying that Jane didn’t do anything wrong. I respect people who actually make sensible and crit

• edited March 2018

I'm just going to stoke the flames a bit. Kenny had every right to call bullshit and here's why:

• Jane was lying about the whole thing. Kenny just saw through it and rightfully called her out on it. He just didn't know the full truth, but even then it wouldn't have been much better had he known she was more or less trying to goad him into a life or death fight.

• Jane made a very poor attempt to "explain" what happened to AJ. She had enough time to do so while she had her knife out but instead opted to trash talk Kenny as she put her knife away.

• If Clementine could get to Kenny fine there's no reason why Jane couldn't with the baby in her arms. The walkers were very slow from the freezing. If she wanted to lie and say the cold or the car crash got him somehow it would've been incredibly easy to say so.

• She wanted to start a fight, she got a fight, and lost. When you manipulate someone into doing the tango you no longer have the moral high ground and you deserve everything you get. It did nothing to prove Kenny was unstable since, as I've said, she made no attempt to make a convincing justification for not having AJ and opted to use fighting words against Kenny instead. If she had tried to give a reason why AJ had died and Kenny still lunged after her then her point would've had some weight to it.

Alright, come rip me apart now.

• Nah,i'm already tired of arguing about it lmao.
    But there's one thing you can't argue about it's that most Kenny fans are R U D E

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I'm just going to stoke the flames a bit. Kenny had every right to call bullshit and here's why: * Jane was lying about the whole thing

• edited March 2018

Did you expect anything less from fans of a guy like Kenny :lol:

No but seriously I don't have anything against people on either team (though I guess I lean more towards Kenny's side) I love the arguments though, they do get heated but to me in an enjoyable way.

iFoRias posted: »

Nah,i'm already tired of arguing about it lmao. But there's one thing you can't argue about it's that most Kenny fans are R U D E

• edited March 2018

I agree. I'm sick of arguing with these thick skulled overly obsessive Kenny fans too. My comments aren't meant to excuse Jane nor make them choose her side over Kenny's but show that it wasn't as black and white and was much more of a complex situation than they make it out to be. I attempt to show them that Jane isn't the monster they make her out to be and Kenny isn't the perfect saint and not all of his actions are justified. They're both equally flawed characters and that's what makes them such memorable characters. Despite this they barely even consider the points I bring up. Kind of like Kenny they are such Kenny wannabes it's scary. But now I'm getting rude too so I think it's best that everyone shuts up now, myself included.

Nah,i'm already tired of arguing about it lmao. But there's one thing you can't argue about it's that most Kenny fans are R U D E

• Perhaps so but i am just being honest with what i said even if that makes me look like a dick. You have to be moronic to think Jane did nothing wrong as he claimed which is why I said what i did along with the fact he calls him a psycho which i disagree with. I think people should look up what an actual psycho is before blindly shitting on what Kenny did.

I’m sure Hillbilly Dave is a nice guy, i don’t hate him for his view and if he reads this i’m sorry if it offends but i do think what he said is wrong and like everyone i have the right to disagree with people’s views as do you.

And my opinion is that person was moronic in saying that Jane didn’t do anything wrong Still doesn't give you the right to call him

• edited March 2018

But there's one thing you can't argue about it's that most Kenny fans are R U D E

Dude, there are plenty of Jane fans i can say the same about. This has been a constant war for FOUR years now with no signs of stopping. Kenny fans are usually rude because they naturally don’t like to hear constant negative shit about one of their favourite characters, especially if the hate is not justified at times. Plus, there aren’t a lot of Kenny fans on these forums anymore anyway so it’s like fighting a losing battle sometimes.

Here’s the thing with me, if someone dislikes Kenny and makes perfectly decent points to back up their distaste for him, that’s totally fine. Believe it or not i respect that. But anytime i see anyone shitting on his character to extreme lengths like for example, hoping he dies a slow painful death or looking for negative things to pick out from his character just to hate on him, those people i despise. It gives me the impression that they are vile people in real life and i certainly wouldn’t want to be associated with them.

Anyway thanks for reading

• Thank you!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I'm just going to stoke the flames a bit. Kenny had every right to call bullshit and here's why: * Jane was lying about the whole thing

• The Rude thing was just a joke i know Kenny fans are cool,Jane fans can be annoying sometimes too

But there's one thing you can't argue about it's that most Kenny fans are R U D E Dude, there are plenty of Jane fans i can say the

• Youtube is the worst place. At least here it’s not half as bad

The Rude thing was just a joke i know Kenny fans are cool,Jane fans can be annoying sometimes too

• I never really saw either of them as "villains" but Jane's fake baby trick in the finale was quite bad.

• Lilly was more of a tragic figure than an outright villain. We see how she was stressed from being in a leadership position, how her dad was killed right in front of her, and her subsequent spiral into depression and paranoia. She fucked over the group pretty well but it was more tragic than anything.

Jane was the villain. Teaching Clem "lessons" like how to leave her young friend Sarah behind and how to rob people for your own gain. She left her own sister to die and then pretended AJ was dead just to provoke a deadly confrontation with Kenny. And if you stayed with her she kills herself, leaving a child to take care of a baby alone. She was messed up in the head.

• I actually found Lilly a lot more sympathetic and likeable.

• Jane by far. At least with Lily, she tried to keep the group together and look out for them. Her motives and attitude were all justified too except for killing Carley/Doug.

With Jane, she only chose what was best for herself. She didn’t care much for Clem and the others besides her own safety. Not to mention she almost (or tried to) killed a baby just to prove that Kenny was insane. Then she had the nerve to ask for Clem’s forgiveness for endangering a baby and driving Kenny to a fit on madness just to prove a point.

• Still kinda hoping Lilly gets picked back up again like they planned on doing.

• I hope so too. Lilly still has a lot of potnential be at an antagonistic figure or a friendly one.

DabigRG posted: »

Still kinda hoping Lilly gets picked back up again like they planned on doing.

• Maybe even both.

Veeeee posted: »

I hope so too. Lilly still has a lot of potnential be at an antagonistic figure or a friendly one.

• edited March 2018

I don't recall Jane showing jealousy and annoyance towards Clementine and Kenny, the only time I can recall is when she tells Clementine that they could just leave together but even then she didn't press the issue. To be fair, it's not like Jane was given the chance to actually talk, she even blatantly said that she didn't kill AJ, it was Kenny who assumed AJ was dead. Literally Kenny showed a liking towards Jane in Episode 3 and then suddenly in the same episode she saves his life in he tries to tell Clementine that she's a bad influence for offering her a drink, she didn't force it upon Clementine. Plus let's not forget that Jane was the only one who had some faith in Kenny by episode 5, even encouraging Clementine to be there for him.

It's pretty ironic that Kenny is telling Clementine who's a bad influence on her...

I wouldn't say it's extreme considering the fact that it has happened before, such as when Lee tries to save Larry and Kenny leaves him to die at the beginning of episode 2, it doesn't matter that Lee did allot for his family, Lee did one thing he didn't like and now he's fine with losing another member of the group.

I think it was the other way round actually. Jane was jealous and annoyed that Clem wouldn’t leave Kenny and go with her. Otherwise she had

• Haha struck a nerve as usual i see. Here comes the classic disagreements betweent prink and dan.

I don’t think Kenny was jealous at all, he just didn’t like Jane and how he felt Clem was being influenced by her.

she even blatantly said that she didn't kill AJ, it was Kenny who assumed AJ was dead

She also added it was an “accident” and seeing as Kenny didn’t like or trust Jane, he didn’t believe her and he was actually right about her lying but wrong about the assumption which i found amusing.

Literally Kenny showed a liking towards Jane in Episode 3 and then suddenly in the same episode she saves his life

He showed a liking in Episode 3??? Um where exactly? You mean one line of dialogue where he agreed with her guts plan? And when did Jane save his life in Episode 3? Do you mean Ep5?

he tries to tell Clementine that she's a bad influence for offering her a drink, she didn't force it upon Clementine

If someone offers alcohol or cigarettes to a girl or boy who is too young to drink and smoke whether forced or not, that is still a bad influence because that is how kids get influenced in the first place, they take interest and wonder what the mystery is behind it. Have you never come across any one like that or seen someone be influenced. Also Jane should know better not to get Clementine doing stupid things especially because of what happened when she and her sister were kids doing dumbass things like drinking glass or whatever Jane said.

It's pretty ironic that Kenny is telling Clementine who's a bad influence on her...

Not really. Clem knows she has to do what has to be done in a ZA, “the hard thing” that others don’t have the balls to do. Lee and Kenny both have shown what Clem needs to do and if someone is one of these pissy little people who don’t want to kill to spare the other person’s feelings or being influenced wrongly on the matter, then they’re gonna end up dead, it’s as simple as that. So when looking at it from a ZA view, it’s not a bad influence from Kenny at all because it’s what you need to do to surivive, not end up drinking. Why do you think Kenny didn’t want to drink in Season 2? Because he probably learnt from his antics in Season 1 that being drunk doesn’t help anybody. (waits for a torrent of disagreeing replies from prink on this lol)

I wouldn't say it's extreme considering the fact that it has happened before, such as when Lee tries to save Larry and Kenny leaves him to die at the beginning of episode 3,

I’ve thought a lot about that and you know what, he doesn’t technically “leave” him to die as so many Kenny haters wrongly state, he only “thinks” about it sure, but by the time he has thought about it, Lee gets the door off him and Kenny kills the walkers around him. You will view that thinking about leaving someone to die is bad and if it was done for no reason I would agree with you but there was a reason and quite frankly i don’t blame Kenny for how he felt the way that Lee put his life and everyone elses at risk by trying to save an old man who was beyond saving anyway. Why? Because even if Larry could be revived he would die anyway without immediate medical help which the trapped survivors didn’t have. A revived heart attack victim can’t just be revived and get up and walk all fine and dandy, so like it or not, Larry was dead either way. So i think people should think more deeply about that scene but anyway, that’s not what is being discussed here anyway. (waits for more disagreeing responses from prink :))

it doesn't matter that Lee did allot for his family, Lee did one thing he didn't like and now he's fine with losing another member of the group.

If i saved someone’s life after a racist old asshole knocked a guy flat on his ass and then said person decides later to put my life and my friends/family in danger by taking a risk to save that same asshole who punched him in the face and left him to die, i think i would be pretty pissed off too. Sure, he was nice to my family before, but what does that matter if the guy is willing to risk everyone’s lives just to spare the feelings of one person (Lilly)? I would want to know i can trust someone to have my back and for them to know i would have theirs. People need to take care of each other in the dark times living like they were. That is why Kenny seemed to adapt quicker than everyone else who wanted to play the Dale card it seemed. If i saved someone and they then went against me dangerously like Lee did, i’d feel betrayed too and what he did for my family before wouldn’t matter a shit, that is until i slowly forgive the guy (which by the way, Kenny eventually does forgive Lee as shown near the end of Episode 5).

Ugh this takes so much of my day typing all this on my phone. Hopefully this doesn’t turn into the usual dissertation length replies depending on your response. We’ll never agree anyway, i’m sorry it has again sparked a Kenny disagreement. Hope you’re well anyway Prink, it’s been a while

prink34320 posted: »

I don't recall Jane showing jealousy and annoyance towards Clementine and Kenny, the only time I can recall is when she tells Clementine tha

• edited March 2018

Jane never planned on killing Kenny

Well that has been debatable over time and i’ll explain why. She played the victim during that fight, she wanted Clem to see her as the innocent one, the way she gets her knife out and then puts it away as Clem watches, Jane knew full well the second she put her knife away that Kenny would attack. She tells Clem determinately “it’s time to put this crusty piece of shit out of his misery” which is obviously an intent to kill him, even if it wasn’t like that to begin with. The point is, she tries to kill him too, not just Kenny.

After he thought that Jane had killed AJ he attacked her without even giving her a chance to explain.

If there was someone i didn’t like or trust and saw as a dangerous person myself, especially being made to think the one thing i care about (the baby) has been killed, i think i’d react the same way as Kenny (in a zombie apocalypse obviously). Why would i believe the shit that person says? I would know the bitch was lying and she did lie to Kenny saying “it was an accident”.

This showed how unstable and pyscho he had become.

Being pushed over the edge by a psychotic woman herself sure didn’t help.

Yes Jane fought back and gave into her rage against Kenny. What was she supposed to do? Just let him kill her?

Except that after Jane slashed Kenny, he started backing off and she had the upperhand with the knife. Why didn’t she confess her little stunt there and then? She could have told Clementine to get the baby from the car as proof. Instead she CHARGED towards him when she didn’t need to and that wasn’t defending herself because Kenny was unarmed at that point. She made that choice, she wanted a fight as Kenny later states. Kenny would never have wanted to hurt Jane otherwise.

Kenny kills Larry before he even knew for sure that Larry was dead. Even if all of the people in the fridge unanimously vote for Larry to live Kenny doesn't give a shit and kills him anyways. Oh and lets not forget the best part of it all is that Kenny smashes Larry's head right in front of an innocent eight-year-old!

Ok let me just go over this with you. First of all Kenny not giving a shit is bullshit right there. You make it sound like he wanted to do it for fun or to upset people. I have said time and time again that regardless whether Larry was alive, he would have died anyway, why? Because someone who is revived from a heart attack cannot survive without immediate medical care or hooked to a machine, something the group did not have being trapped there. Kenny did what he did to keep everyone safe before he inevitably turned. He was terrified that Larry would turn and kill everyone, supposing he turned as Lee or Lilly decides to give mouth to mouth and he rips their face off? Then one threat turns into 2 or 3. A Fear The Walking dead episode in Season 2 mirrors this scene perfectly as to why Kenny did the sensible thing like it or not. He didn’t do it to hurt Lilly or because he didn’t care. They would not have made it out alive otherwise. As for Clementine, she didn’t directly see him drop the block down on him but anyway the thing is, people need to stop thinking as if this was not set in a zombie apocalypse, again, if Kenny didn’t do the hard, upsetting thing, that “innocent” girl wouldn’t be alive now. If anything she needed to adapt because like it or not, fucked up shit like that was now part of survival and life. Sparing someone’s feelings is not as important as staying alive is it?

In S1 episode 3 Kenny convinces or tries to convince Lee to let that girl die a painful death as she is devoured by walkers so they could use her suffering as bait to get extra time to loot.

Lee makes that decision alone though based on player choice so
    Lee should really be the one to be blamed, in fact, Lee can determinately say that they have to do something because she’ll get them killed and that was before Kenny even said anything. Yeah you can say it was bad letting her suffer but drawing attention to yourself by shooting her to put her out of her misery was only going to put your lives at risk and as messed up as it was, i think getting more supplies using her as bait was the smart thing to do in that situation. If she wasn’t already bit, then yeah they should have tried helping her although trusting strangers is always a hard thing to do in that world.

At the end of S1 episode 4 Kenny only volunteers to help save Clementine if Lee had sided with him in every single major choice as well as every single petty argument. Calling Lee selfish for not holding his hand and siding with him absolutely 100% of the time. Kenny cared more about how the now dying Lee had previously treated him than the fact that innocent Clementine who had never done anything wrong to Kenny was being held captive by some stalker in city full of walking corpses. Jane definitely has some selfish qualities but so does Kenny.

Sure, you can call that selfish and i agree that it is but to me can be seen as justified in the sense that some of the things Lee has done in his view is equally selfish so it evens it out. If someone voted to throw my son to the walkers on the assumption he was bit, or put my life in danger by risking everyone’s lives to pointlessly save Larry’s life, i would question the guy’s loyalty too. As for Clementine, Kenny as we know does not always think things through. He would have not really thought properly about Clementine due to his annoyance with his relationship with Lee which is why the player has to remind him about “family”, the most important thing to him and then Kenny remembers the things that Lee has done for him and his family to then agree to it.

In Season 2 episode 3 Kenny wastes valuable time torturing Carver. Yes Carver deserved every second of it but Kenny was holding up the group as they were approached by walkers wasting time just so he could blow off steam when he could have simply killed Carver and be done with it.

He wasn’t wasting time. The group were all standing around outside twiddling their thumbs waiting for walkers to approach them instead of getting on with the job at hand. Time would have been wasted smearing themselves with guts as well. No offence but this is a very petty thing to mention of the “bad” things Kenny has done from your original post.

I disagree on most of what you, i know your points were to list the bad things he has done but i wanted to add to it. I acknowledge that everyone has done “bad” things surviving in a world like that though. Thanks for the post, we are all entitled to have our say.

Veeeee posted: »

So, this has been a thing that has annoyed me for a long time and I'm going to get a lot of crap for saying this but I'm going to say it any

• edited March 2018

I think Kenny, Jane, and Kenny are all very similar characters. Lily and Kenny when dealing with loss, Jane and Kenny when it come to leadership.

• Kenny: So overexposed, you had to list him twice.

Also, I think you got Jane and Lily mixed up there, pal.

Zjaa6 posted: »

I think Kenny, Jane, and Kenny are all very similar characters. Lily and Kenny when dealing with loss, Jane and Kenny when it come to leadership.

• Villains take purely bad deeds, which is not the case with Jane and Kenny. I think they both acted the way they acted because of the stress they were experiencing right now.

• I'd argue both act as determinant villains, but I feel like no matter what Larry's death pushes Lilly over the edge, whereas Jane entirely depends on your outlook.

• In either case...Kenny is the cause of the situation. With Lilly, there is the whole Larry thing...and then Kenny constantly badgering her....I can see Kenny doing that because he does come off as a bit of an asshole. Lilly killing Carley or Doug...man what can you say about this situation....it was fucked up to begin with. It was clear she was going through a breakdown....they should have taken her pistol.....well at least Ep3 had us shoot duck...so that was sorta a win.

Jane....what can I say about Jane....the writing was so screwed up in the last episode she went from pushing Clem to help Kenny to lets start a fight. Kenny was to blame for Mike and Bonnie leaving....taking all the food was just plain wrong...the only logical thing would have been to cut Kenny's throat in the middle of the night. I know I would have. Can you imagine how Rick Grimes and his party would handle a Kenny? Colt Python to the back of the head. You cannot have someone like Kenny in a group....the conflict he caused ripped the group apart

• Um, it's Jane and Lilly.

Firefox1972 posted: »

Villains take purely bad deeds, which is not the case with Jane and Kenny. I think they both acted the way they acted because of the stress they were experiencing right now.

• With or without knowledge of the intended crossover aspect, Lilly was rigged to become a Tragic Villain from the start when you really think about.

I'd argue both act as determinant villains, but I feel like no matter what Larry's death pushes Lilly over the edge, whereas Jane entirely depends on your outlook.

• edited March 2018

Yeah, Jane and Lilly aren't villains. I think the person who started this thread meant something more along the lines of who Kenny hated more.

Firefox1972 posted: »

Villains take purely bad deeds, which is not the case with Jane and Kenny. I think they both acted the way they acted because of the stress they were experiencing right now.

• I feel bad for Lilly and what she went through. Doesn't make the murder any better but I know she had snapped and was probably a good person at heart. I hate to say this because of the backlash but I find what Jane did in the finale of season 2 to be pretty bad. Faking the death of a child to basically murder Kenny is pure grade messed up. She acts like she's proving a point but anyone could react like that when you walk in and nonchalantly infer the death of a baby. Kenny was very unhinged yes but Jane was worse for what she did. Although I do see why people can side with her I just can't. It also helps to know what Kenny does for Clem and AJ in either ending as well compared to what she ends up doing for Clem which is basically nothing.

• It also helps to know what Kenny does for Clem and AJ in either ending as well compared to what she ends up doing for Clem which is basically nothing.

You mean in season 3 ? Because what happened to her was bullshit.

TJ3046 posted: »

I feel bad for Lilly and what she went through. Doesn't make the murder any better but I know she had snapped and was probably a good person

• In Kenny's mind, definitely Jane. The fight was a lot more personal between them and there was a lot of trash talk between them in the car. In my opinion I am going to have to go with Lilly. She straight up gunned down an innocent member of the group.

• Ops...

Um, it's Jane and Lilly.

• I like both of them but I'd have to say Jane is most definitley the bigger villain in kenny's eyes, sure Lilly shot carley/doug but she was trying to save the group. And if you have doug alive then she tries to kill Ben which is correct as it is his fault and I'm sure if kenny found out Lilly killed the person who got his wife and child killed he wouldn't hate her as much. I want lilly again, she was a great character and my favourite scene is when Lee turns around in the RV and she's there and she says she's leaving, and then asks if you want to go with her.

• Kenny is still technically the real hypocrite, he kills a pregnant woman (jane) whilst shouting at her for being a "baby killer", he knew she had sex with Luke too so it's not like he had no idea whatsoever that she could be pregnant. And then if you reply with "but jane kill erself in seaon 3!!!!", that's not her personality from season 2 at all, that's just telltales lazy ass writing. her personality would've been to ditch clem as she was all about survival not just kill herself because of a fucking baby. In fact she could probably abort it somehow.

and didn't even give her a chance to explain herself. Would you believe someone if you didn’t like or trust them? That’s how it was

• And then if you reply with "but jane kill erself in seaon 3!!!!", that's not her personality from season 2 at all, that's just telltales lazy ass writing.

I was gonna say, what even IS Jane's personality within Season 2 itself, but then I remembered that I could totally see her initial characterization taking advantage of Luke if she saw something to gain.

cutupuss- posted: »

Kenny is still technically the real hypocrite, he kills a pregnant woman (jane) whilst shouting at her for being a "baby killer", he knew sh

• I would have to say Jane. Lilly and Kenny never got to a deadly fight.

• totally. poor lady, if your dad has a heart condition in a zombie apocalypse you probably shouldn't bet on your mental state being healthy for very long.

With or without knowledge of the intended crossover aspect, Lilly was rigged to become a Tragic Villain from the start when you really think about.

• Lol the only hypocrite is Jane for having such a negative attitude towards Rebecca’s pregnancy before AJ was born, then later she goes and has sex with Luke. Fucking hypocrite Jane. Kenny wasn’t to know she was pregnant, not everyone gets pregnant after one time sex either and I don’t think Kenny or Jane even thought about herself being in that state during the situation that Jane staged to rile him up.

Fuck Jane and good riddance.

cutupuss- posted: »

Kenny is still technically the real hypocrite, he kills a pregnant woman (jane) whilst shouting at her for being a "baby killer", he knew sh

• Not to mention she was apparently fuckin Troy on the downlow.

Lol the only hypocrite is Jane for having such a negative attitude towards Rebecca’s pregnancy before AJ was born, then later she goes and h

• Clearly Jane Lily was highly unstable during episode 3 after Larry s death so her Killing Doug/Carley is not as bad as Jane s plan which was made while Jane was mostly sane when she made the plan for clem to kill Kenny ((I say mostly because she left a baby to die and dint even think of stopping the fight for her survival when it stopped going her way.))

Sign in to comment in this discussion.