Do you like, dislike or not care about Clem’s haircut in the 3rd season? And why?

Comments

• edited March 2018

Now all you got to do is apply that grimy Heath Ledger's Joker look and it'd be perfect :tongue:

Veeeee posted: »

After reading your comment I decided to mess around in photoshop and oh god what I created was hideous and it further proves your point. Why

• Even if I did like ANF, I would still hate the haircut.

eRock92 posted: »

I feel like if ANF had a more positive reception within the forums, the haircut wouldn't be so frowned upon. I kind of see what looks like a correlation between people receptions of ANF and Clem's new haircut.

• I honestly don't care

• I kinda like it

• edited March 2018

It seems like a terrible attempt to pander to some teenage audience.
    I thought she would just get a simple shorter haircut. Get rid of the pigtails because they're too kiddy, obviously. Something like this would have been nice:

I wonder if we should be petitioning Telltale to give us some options for Clem's hair at the start of season 4. Someone else mentioned that idea a while ago. It's not technically unfeasible. I really don't want to stare at that thing for 5 episodes, man.

• Damn, she got a decent lot of neck.

But yeah, Clementine could've totally rocked a Jewfro.

Louche posted: »

It seems like a terrible attempt to pander to some teenage audience. I thought she would just get a simple shorter haircut. Get rid of the

• edited March 2018

Well, proper afros are generally considered outdated, although there seems to be a bit of a resurgence lately, in TV and video games.
    ...that's kinda weird to bring up.

DabigRG posted: »

Damn, she got a decent lot of neck. But yeah, Clementine could've totally rocked a Jewfro.

• Shoot. I thought dreads where the thing that's been in everything nowadays. Which I always thought it would be kind of cool to see Clem with some sort of short dreads or twists. [insert obligatory pic of Clem with Sasha's dread photoshopped on despite the fact I used the adjective short] Then again, I always thought they would give Clem either a short version of her mane from S1 or consolidate he two puff balls into one small puff tied with some random string (for that I-had-to-use-what-I-had-in-the-apocalypse look).

Well, proper afros are generally considered outdated, although there seems to be a bit of a resurgence lately, in TV and video games. ...that's kinda weird to bring up.

• edited March 2018

It's still hilarious how some people can care about a haircut during an apocalypse and related to a badass character like her. Hair, no hair... Who cares? Isn't the hair that makes Clem be who she is. This is so dumb.

• Well, from the outcry by a number of fans after the end of ANF, I guess it matters a lot to some. I'm interested in it because each new season kind of shows a new artistic interpretation of Clem. It's kind of cool to line them up and see what each team created throughout the series.

bluewalker posted: »

It's still hilarious how some people can care about a haircut during an apocalypse and related to a badass character like her. Hair, no hair... Who cares? Isn't the hair that makes Clem be who she is. This is so dumb.

• I just wanted an opinion if people liked it or not. Jeez

bluewalker posted: »

• edited March 2018

Dreads? I haven't seen them. Got any examples? Meanwhile I've been seeing afros everywhere, from commercials to video games.
    But ONLY on females.

As for Clem's hair, I thought they were going to give a close cropped style ala Jane.
    Which suddenly gives me an idea. What if Clem's haircut had changed based on your role model, ie kenny (long), luke (medium), or Jane (short).

Shoot. I thought dreads where the thing that's been in everything nowadays. Which I always thought it would be kind of cool to see Clem wi

• They damn better include Haircut variants, this new hair looks like some dumb teenager failure .

• I thought that was what they were going to do when she asked for a hair cut. Or you would chose the cut yourself.

Dreads? I haven't seen them. Got any examples? Meanwhile I've been seeing afros everywhere, from commercials to video games. But ONLY on fe

• If Telltale is clever, she certainly must have paid attention to the criticism of the latest episode of ANF. Obviously, this emo hair does not match up with Clem's personality and logic epela will grow over the final season.

• I see the dreads (and nappy twist have become a new thing over the past few years) mainly in males in musicians/performers and athletes. As for females, I see what you mean. The natural hair thing has become popular. Wild dyes seem to have become a popular thing as well.

Dreads? I haven't seen them. Got any examples? Meanwhile I've been seeing afros everywhere, from commercials to video games. But ONLY on fe

• Actually it does, ponytails won't cut it anymore Clem isn't that small innocent girl anymore she's a badass and a rebellious teen. In my opinion the haircut is right.

Firefox1972 posted: »

If Telltale is clever, she certainly must have paid attention to the criticism of the latest episode of ANF. Obviously, this emo hair does not match up with Clem's personality and logic epela will grow over the final season.

• edited March 2018

It's so easy, too. If people on youtube are constantly messing around with model swapping and changing characters' appearances I'm sure Telltale could have handled some swappable hairstyles.

• The natural hair thing has become popular

Sounds good to me. Embrace your roots, I say.
    But that's off-topic here.

I see the dreads (and nappy twist have become a new thing over the past few years) mainly in males in musicians/performers and athletes. As

• Ha! Imagine that, having choices in a game about choices.

:bawling:

I thought that was what they were going to do when she asked for a hair cut. Or you would chose the cut yourself.

• I'm still waitin on my Michelle with Sarah's Glasses.

It's so easy, too. If people on youtube are constantly messing around with model swapping and changing characters' appearances I'm sure Telltale could have handled some swappable hairstyles.

• edited March 2018

Tales From The Borderlands actually let players customize the outfits of the main characters at certain points in the story IIRC, so Telltale is capable of giving the player the choice to change the appearance of the characters. I'm sure given the backlash they'll allow us to give Clem a different hairstyle at some point in the season.

• edited March 2018

There is obviously is no changing her hair now and if most other things are better in this game I will get over it, but it would be hilarious if Clem can look in the mirror at some point and say something along the lines of. "Oh god, Javi what did you do to me? Well, that's the last time I'm letting you cut my hair!" [Holds up middle finger]

• I liked her haircut. It's not a style that I'm particularly fond of, but I understand it. She's growing up and wants to look more mature, not like a little kid. That hairstyle makes her look 2 or 3 years older. I get it. I understand it's not the best haircut but in the confines of the story it works well.

• I think something like that would be hilarious and appropriate. As a matter of fact, a mirror sequence would be interesting for Clem (here I go with my crazy ideas, again).

So let's say Clem end up somewhere with a restroom similar to the beginning of S2. Clicking on the mirror can be a option. You do that and she walks over to the mirror to check herself. At first, Clem is taken by surprise at how she looks. She hasn't realized that she has grown and changed so much since she last remembers seeing her reflection. Then we have the option to click on certain parts of her image. Her hair triggers the comment you made about her not liking the haircut. The famous "D" hat has her comment on her parents. She become a bit upset and angry with herself because she realizes she doesn't think about, let alone remember much or, her parents or any family members she had (I think this would be a nice heart tugger and answer the question of why Clem doesn't talk about her parents). The scar of her wrist has her comment on the events of S2 and the choices we made. The scar we aquired from out ANF choices prompts a comment reflecting on the events of said season. Her eyes will trigger a S1 response. However, there would be a not so obvious 2nd click on her eyes. Doing that triggers an interactive conversation between Clem and her previous selves. As you talk to yourself, the reflection will change between S1, S2, and the "Ties That Bind" ANF version of Clem depending on the topic and questions you ask.

This would be a clever way to include self reflecting moments in the final season and allow the player to answer any questions they might have regarding their Clementine. The depth and revelation of the reflections is all dependent on what you ask and how far into the conversation you go.

There is obviously is no changing her hair now and if most other things are better in this game I will get over it, but it would be hilariou

• It’s awful.

I-I don’t have anything else to add about it. The hairdo doesn’t suit her, end of.

• edited March 2018

I'm not sold on the whole Clementine having interactive imaginary conversations with past versions of herself deal. I would rather Clem simply comment on how much she has changed, but other than that I agree with you. I really like the concept of Clementine admitting that her memories of the world and the people she knew before the apocalypse are fading. Clem being slightly shocked by how much her appearence has changed over the years since it has been a long time since she has looked at her reflection would be interesting. The Idea of Clem commenting on her determinant scars and briefly commenting about the time skip is also great.

I think something like that would be hilarious and appropriate. As a matter of fact, a mirror sequence would be interesting for Clem (here

• If Clem dies, you could destroy your company mascot. The whole heroic self sacrifice of main characters is becoming overused. Also, personally, I would love to see a Walking Dead ending that isn't super bleak. Make the ending hopeful before we say goodbye to our little Sweetpea forever.

• There is nothing mature about a "trendy" haircut.
    If she had said "screw fashion" and buzzed the whole hair off, that would be mature.

I liked her haircut. It's not a style that I'm particularly fond of, but I understand it. She's growing up and wants to look more mature, no

• We'll see, but I doubt it.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Tales From The Borderlands actually let players customize the outfits of the main characters at certain points in the story IIRC, so Telltal

• ok...
    and what the hell is that avatar?

DabigRG posted: »

I'm still waitin on my Michelle with Sarah's Glasses.

• I'm just playing ideas in my head. I'm trying to come up with ideas of where they may go with this final season, but I'm coming up blank. This makes me both excited and nervous. I don't even know if I want to know what is going to happen at the PAX panel. Like, where is this season going to go?

...Anyway, I've deviated far off from this thread's topic.

I'm not sold on the whole Clementine having interactive imaginary conversations with past versions of herself deal. I would rather Clem simp

• What. The. Fuuuck....?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea--it's actually very creative and brilliant--but it's still an inherently weird thing to behold.

She hasn't realized that she has grown and changed so much since she last remembers seeing her reflection. Then we have the option to click on certain parts of her image.

...Uh huh.....

I think something like that would be hilarious and appropriate. As a matter of fact, a mirror sequence would be interesting for Clem (here

• Short, simple, and to the point, sometimes that’s just the better way to go, I respect that.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

It’s awful. .... I-I don’t have anything else to add about it. The hairdo doesn’t suit her, end of.

• edited March 2018

[There was a joke, but I cut it]
    [You’ve been disceived!]
    [Thanks. I’m a smart person (Lie)]
    [Constipated dot dot dot]

Short, simple, and to the point, sometimes that’s just the better way to go, I respect that.

• edited March 2018

Hey guuuuys, spoilers for the TWD Final Season if you don't want to look, but:

https://i.imgur.com/sYXPnQN.jpg

Telltale changed Clementine's hairdo! :p

All is forgiven o:) let us pray.

• edited March 2018

I think it's obvious how they're trying really hard to please the fans in any way they can it's the least they can do after A New Frontier.

Hey guuuuys, spoilers for the TWD Final Season if you don't want to look, but: https://i.imgur.com/sYXPnQN.jpg Telltale changed Clementine's hairdo! All is forgiven let us pray.

• They won't please me fully until I see our baby girl riding a raptor.

iFoRias posted: »

I think it's obvious how they're trying really hard to please the fans in any way they can it's the least they can do after A New Frontier.

• You are still hell bent on that?

Good, me and you are on the same train, but I prefer a motherfucking T-Rex.

They won't please me fully until I see our baby girl riding a raptor.

• The Walking Dead: Rise of the Dinosaurs

You are still hell bent on that? Good, me and you are on the same train, but I prefer a motherfucking T-Rex.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.