Do you like, dislike or not care about Clem’s haircut in the 3rd season? And why?

Comments

• I just say that video a few days ago, not even shittin you.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

The Walking Dead: Rise of the Dinosaurs

• This video had me laughing my ass off, but that Toys R Us joke made me sad.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

The Walking Dead: Rise of the Dinosaurs

• Cause Karma nearly locked their asses up?

This video had me laughing my ass off, but that Toys R Us joke made me sad.

• Damn it! I liked the haircut.

• Don't worry bout it--Dorian Moore Madsen got ya covered.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Damn it! I liked the haircut.

• I have no idea who that is.

DabigRG posted: »

Don't worry bout it--Dorian Moore Madsen got ya covered.

• It's an inside jokey way of saying Alvin Junior.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I have no idea who that is.

• edited April 2018

Your wish is an order!! :D
    imagephoto Michelle_Aiming_zpsz0i08ul6.png" alt="" title="" />

I'm still waitin on my Michelle with Sarah's Glasses.

• I dont really care for her haircut unles its really ugly, maybe they will give us option to cut it.

• I'm desensitized to her hairstyle since I see it frequently on different characters of popular media. Wouldn't kill something or someone over it, but there's definitely a lot better hairstyles they could've chosen for her to have.

• Holy shit, that was pleasantly timed! :lol:

Thank you! Thank you, beacoup!

Firefox1972 posted: »

Your wish is an order!! " alt="" title="" />

• It's a more mature haircut than pigtails. That's the essence. That's what my Clem would want. How many little kids do you know with the "let me talk to your manager" haircut, which is what Javi gave Clem.

Louche posted: »

There is nothing mature about a "trendy" haircut. If she had said "screw fashion" and buzzed the whole hair off, that would be mature.

• No, that's a little kid's idea of mature.

It's a more mature haircut than pigtails. That's the essence. That's what my Clem would want. How many little kids do you know with the "let me talk to your manager" haircut, which is what Javi gave Clem.

• And remind me... how old is Clementine at the time? Oh that's right, 13. She IS a little kid. The fact that you have such a hate boner for that haircut that you refuse to even consider why she might want it is hilarious.

No, that's a little kid's idea of mature.

• I had even written it like that but then auto-correct changed it up!

Yeah, cellphone's auto-correct suck.

EDIT: I don't know what this is yet, but it was in my drafts

• @Lelouche and Dave
    Wow, I gotta tell you, seeing the words "that's a little kid's [] mature" and "the fact that you have a [] boner for her" on top of each other is something.

• edited April 2018

She wasn't the one that cut it, genius, Javier did it. I can see you remember the games very well.

And remind me... how old is Clementine at the time? Oh that's right, 13. She IS a little kid. The fact that you have such a hate boner for that haircut that you refuse to even consider why she might want it is hilarious.

• She asked him to cut it. It's not an unreasonable to assume that he asked her how she wanted it and she told him she wanted that look, or something similar and that was the best he could do. Seriously, your hate boner for a little girl's haircut is hilarious.

She wasn't the one that cut it, genius, Javier did it. I can see you remember the games very well.

• edited April 2018

If that was the case, they should have specified it.

And also, when did Clem ever particularly care about style in season 1 or 2?

She asked him to cut it. It's not an unreasonable to assume that he asked her how she wanted it and she told him she wanted that look, or so

• They don't specify that Clem poops but I think we all assume it happens off camera. You don't go to a barber or a salon or whatever and tell them you want a haircut and that's it, right? They ask you what you want, you tell them, then they do it as best they can. There's literally zero reason to think that would be different when Clem asked Javi to cut her hair. What did you want, for them to go find a salon hairstyle catalog and her point to one so you could see exactly what she wanted done? Don't be ridiculous.

And also, kids get older, start getting funny feelings in their pants, start caring about their appearance. My daughter gave zero fucks about what she looked like until she hit puberty. Clem is noticing boys, she had a bit of a thing going with Gabe until I made sure he died because seriously, fuck that little emo cunt. Anyway, she's getting older, puberty is hitting full force, she wants to look as mature and pretty as possible, and in a ZA where keeping perfectly clean and manicured with the latest fashions all the time isn't possible, hairstyle is one of the few things a person can do to express and draw attention to themselves.

If that was the case, they should have specified it. And also, when did Clem ever particularly care about style in season 1 or 2?

• this might be one of the silliest posts I've read here in a while, and I talk with dabigRG a lot.
    We're talking about a specific scene, you suddenly bring up Clem pooping.

They don't specify that Clem poops but I think we all assume it happens off camera. You don't go to a barber or a salon or whatever and tell

• ...HhwWell,...!

this might be one of the silliest posts I've read here in a while, and I talk with dabigRG a lot. We're talking about a specific scene, you suddenly bring up Clem pooping.

• edited April 2018

My point is that not everything has to be shown on camera. I used an extreme example in making my point. We're expected to make certain reasonable, logical assumptions. Like I said, you wouldn't go to get your hair cut, say "cut my hair," and then the person just do whatever the fuck they want with it. There's a discourse there about how you want your hair. There's no reason not to assume the same happened when Clem asked Javi to cut her hair. We don't have to see it.

this might be one of the silliest posts I've read here in a while, and I talk with dabigRG a lot. We're talking about a specific scene, you suddenly bring up Clem pooping.

• no offense.

...HhwWell,...!

• edited April 2018

Changing a character's iconic established look that they had for 3 whole seasons doesn't need to be properly explained?
    Pro tip: don't get into writing

My point is that not everything has to be shown on camera. I used an extreme example in making my point. We're expected to make certain reas

• edited April 2018

Tone naken.

I'm so glad you understood what that's supposed be/sound like. :lol:

EDIT: We have a trollface?

no offense.

• I don't wanna get in the middle... buuuut I think Clem's hat is what defined her look. The pigtails are secondary. She had her Jheri Curl hair for most of S1. The hat, however, has been with her since the treehouse. I'd argue that if Clem had ditched her hat instead of getting a haircut in ANF, fans on her would have been much more upset about it.

With that said, I can understand why fans feel connect to the pigtails. It's a reminder of Lee and the hopeful optimistic child from S1. Chuck gave Lee the advice to cut it. Lilly gave the hair ties. Lee performed the act. Christa approved of it. It's linked to S1. However, in terms of identity, Clem's hat is the icon. Her appearance can change like it has been for the past 3 seasons. As long as the "D" hat is on her hair, it's still recognizable as Clementine.

I'm not coming at you, you just happen to be the umpteenth person I've seen allude to Clem's hair being her iconic look instead of her hat. I figured I'd chine in now.

...for the record since we're talking about her hair, I'm for the idea of Clem having dreads. I don't care if she looks like a mini Sasha from TFTBL. Ok, I'm done now...

Changing a character's iconic established look that they had for 3 whole seasons doesn't need to be properly explained? Pro tip: don't get into writing

• So what you're trying to say is...destroy the hat?

eRock92 posted: »

I don't wanna get in the middle... buuuut I think Clem's hat is what defined her look. The pigtails are secondary. She had her Jheri Curl

• edited April 2018

This is getting silly. I'm just saying his reasoning for defending that hipster haircut was flawed. It was badly handled scene. Hell, doesn't it start a music track when clem asks javier to cut her hair and then abruptly cut to another one when he is? It's just... poor.
    And anyway Clem's hat was missing for almost all of season 1's episode 2 and partially in episode 5.

Yes, we're arguing about a fictional teenage girl's hair! :cold_sweat:

eRock92 posted: »

I don't wanna get in the middle... buuuut I think Clem's hat is what defined her look. The pigtails are secondary. She had her Jheri Curl

• That's literally the second time you realized there was a trollface.

Tone naken. I'm so glad you understood what that's supposed be/sound like. EDIT: We have a trollface?

• edited April 2018

What is wrong with you? ??
    How can a conversation turn from haircuts to little girls shitting and boners?

They don't specify that Clem poops but I think we all assume it happens off camera. You don't go to a barber or a salon or whatever and tell

• When you put it that way

Melton23 posted: »

What is wrong with you? ?? How can a conversation turn from haircuts to little girls shitting and boners?

• Well, considering I never use it....

That's literally the second time you realized there was a trollface.

• Uhhhhhh........ If you had asked me this back during S2's run, I would have said yes. Now that we are three seasons in and approaching the final season, I'm for her keeping the hat.

So what you're trying to say is...destroy the hat?

• Oh I'm not arguing. You two are doing that. I just ran out of popcorn watching you two go at it and decided to just throw in my two cents while I made some more. Forgive my interjection. You may carry on.

This is getting silly. I'm just saying his reasoning for defending that hipster haircut was flawed. It was badly handled scene. Hell, doesn'

• I don't mind Clementine getting a new haircut but I am not much of a fan for the haircut Javier gave her. With TFS coming soon it looks like Clementine will be having her old hairstyle.

• Right, well you see Nick's face? That's my face right now seeing you changed your avatar again

Well, considering I never use it....

• I'm down for that. Not in a joking way, of course. casualty of season 4: she sacrifices her hat. Remember, it's the only link to her parents (and her past) she has left.

So what you're trying to say is...destroy the hat?

• Well too bad, fellow farmboy(?)--too bad for YOU!

Right, well you see Nick's face? That's my face right now seeing you changed your avatar again

• I agree. Mm, perhaps with the possibility of it being destroyed before/alongside whatever overwhelming obstacle blights her.

I'm down for that. Not in a joking way, of course. casualty of season 4: she sacrifices her hat. Remember, it's the only link to her parents (and her past) she has left.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.