Batman Viglinate Path(SPOILERS)(RANT)

So I got done playing the villian episode. Was so great that I replayed it twice without getting bored.Liked everything in it. So I'm like let's try the Viglinate playthrough which just BOMBED.
How can the quality differ so much? The episode felt disjointed.
In the beginning, I was like great. We see Joker and we fight then we tend to our wounds(If you wait Joker and Alfred will have a humorous conversation). Then the episode starts to fall apart. So we get some dirt on Waller and we start fighting. Then afterwards was such a damn unenjoyable experience. The game forces me to fight Joker and he turns into Villian Joker OUTTA NOWHERE. AND THE BEST PART? THE MAIN VILLIAN OF THE EPISODE DOESN'T GET PUNISHED. Waller lives through the episode and nothing happens to her whatsoever and she gets to get some trash talk in.YOU'RE KIDDING ME. So basically I got a 9th rate(not even 2nd rate) Villian path. So much for all that hype for a "Viglinate" Joker on our side(BULLSHIT). The Viglinate path got shit on and was a tedious experience especially after the middle of the episode. So much for the "Jokerangs" We barely spent half the episode fighting alongside Joker before he turns villian. He still says we used him(partly true but I SIDED WITH YOU). Choices matter? I can't entirely say they didn't matter but the main point of the two paths was pointless. What a lazy way to get yourself out of making a true vigilante Joker.Makes me regret buying the game a little bit.THE BRANCHIEST PIECE OF TRASH. First and last time buying a telltale game(hate to say it)So to end this rant

PISS OFF AND GOOD NIGHT AND PISS OFF ONCE MORE.

Comments

• I kinda agree but, i didnt like one percent Gordon time and aditude in villian path. But with same choices in vigilante path he is so different and better person. Villian Joker was really good. On other side vigilante is not so good but is something new and i respect that.

• This is beautiful.

I think there is no one to blame but yourselves actually. You're the ones that hyped your own relationship with John up to the stars. Telltale never said that he was going to be your robin or BFF, you just wanted so badly for that to happened that you ignored everything bad John did, and when the fighting with John happens, you get to see what John always was.

You played with fire and you got BURNED.

• Listen. I was ready to accept that Joker was going to turn evil. NOT TURN EVIL INSTANTLY BEFORE THE MIDDLE OF THE EPISODE. THE VILLIAN DOESN'T EVEN GET PUNISHD OR ANYTHING.

PISS OFF.

Kaelthas posted: »

This is beautiful. I think there is no one to blame but yourselves actually. You're the ones that hyped your own relationship with John u

• @Kaelthas The path itself sucked and Waller wals awya free and "Viglinate" Joker turns evil instantly without proper reasoning and we're forced to fight him and turn him when we're barely in the episode. The least I expected was a decent partnerhsip for most of the episode. SO PISS OFF AGAIN.

• That is because Joker was always the villain and you just didn't want to see it. NOW TELLTALE HAS OPENED YOUR EYES.

Dan10 posted: »

Listen. I was ready to accept that Joker was going to turn evil. NOT TURN EVIL INSTANTLY BEFORE THE MIDDLE OF THE EPISODE. THE VILLIAN DOESN'T EVEN GET PUNISHD OR ANYTHING. PISS OFF.

• Telltale always said that you we would be able to decide what kind of Joker John can become, not that we could make him good. People complaining of him losing his mind are just mad because the game didn't follow their personal interpretations, wich were completely unrealistic for the start. I mean, they made pretty clear at episode 1 that John was unstable.

This thread just seems like a childlisd rant because the sript didn't acknolewdge the author's desires.

• Then that's false advertising. "Vigilante Joker" turned into the villian without proper anything. Waller who was built up to be the villian walks away free without punishment and even gets some digs in. PISS OFF.

That is because Joker was always the villain and you just didn't want to see it. NOW TELLTALE HAS OPENED YOUR EYES.

• It said he would become a "vigilinate" and partner up(at least for the itm ebing which he did for a total of 20 minute at best)
    All I see is a villian joker with a different outfit in a different location in a terrible episode.

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

Telltale always said that you we would be able to decide what kind of Joker John can become, not that we could make him good. People complai

• Perosnal interpretation?
    I interpeted the major hype of a "viglilante joker". What does the word" vigilante" tell you? Childish and trying to blame me? Blame the advertising then?

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

Telltale always said that you we would be able to decide what kind of Joker John can become, not that we could make him good. People complai

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I think the advertising was that you'd get two different finales, and two different Jokers. Which is technically true. The finales are different, and the Vigilante/Villain Jokers aren't the same in appearance nor personality, even with vigilante Joker snapping towards the end.

Then that's false advertising. "Vigilante Joker" turned into the villian without proper anything. Waller who was built up to be the villian walks away free without punishment and even gets some digs in. PISS OFF.

• Now you know what I felt when I saved Harvey and sided with him all the time, and he ended up as a villain anyway.

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT I FELT. There is a lesson in this. Don't befriend crazy psychopaths with tendencies to blow up things.

Then that's false advertising. "Vigilante Joker" turned into the villian without proper anything. Waller who was built up to be the villian walks away free without punishment and even gets some digs in. PISS OFF.

• I WANTED TO SAVE HARVEY TOO AND I'M SICK OF HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF. I KNOW WHAT YOU FELT A LONG TIME AGO AND NOW I AM.

Now you know what I felt when I saved Harvey and sided with him all the time, and he ended up as a villain anyway. NOW YOU KNOW WHAT I FELT. There is a lesson in this. Don't befriend crazy psychopaths with tendencies to blow up things.

• Hah! then u got burned x2. lmao. U never learn.

I WANTED TO SAVE HARVEY TOO AND I'M SICK OF HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF. I KNOW WHAT YOU FELT A LONG TIME AGO AND NOW I AM.

• You've gotta be kidding me.
    Pictures of Jokerangs, back-to-back eith Batman, Suicide squad hype-up and you expect me to believe I'm at fault for believing Batman would team iwht Joker longer than 20/30 minutes?

Deltino posted: »

I think the advertising was that you'd get two different finales, and two different Jokers. Which is technically true. The finales are diffe

• Harvey got burned too and can get burned twice. Technically thrice when you consider what happened with Selina.
    I really thought things would be different next time but "choices matter" strike again.

Hah! then u got burned x2. lmao. U never learn.

edited March 2018

Hey, I never said you're at fault. Just that they didn't technically lie. They creatively loopholed around the truth, but they didn't outright lie.

You've gotta be kidding me. Pictures of Jokerangs, back-to-back eith Batman, Suicide squad hype-up and you expect me to believe I'm at fault for believing Batman would team iwht Joker longer than 20/30 minutes?

You've gotta be kidding me. Pictures of Jokerangs, back-to-back eith Batman, Suicide squad hype-up and you expect me to believe I'm at fault for believing Batman would team iwht Joker longer than 20/30 minutes?

• Sorry then. Loopholing around the truth is kinda a scummy thing to do. It's no better than lying.

Hey, I never said you're at fault. Just that they didn't technically lie. They creatively loopholed around the truth, but they didn't outright lie.

• no.

• Now now, not everything was bad was it? Look at the bright side, now you will switch to Villain supremacy, as you always should have.

no.

• You can tell John you considered him as a friend,Bruce visit John at the end in Arkham.
    He's not a villain and i still think John can be redeemed or at least remain as your ally.
    And i think you're being too harsh on this episode they put so much work into it you shouldn't be so upset the Vigilante path was 100% worth the wait.

Well, actually I should be the one apologizing. I was joking around, but I do understand your feelings about how the vigilante path played out.

Speaking of which: @Kaelthas I think you should take it down a notch. I'm all for messing around with people, but I think this is starting to go a little bit south.

Sorry then. Loopholing around the truth is kinda a scummy thing to do. It's no better than lying.

• But i agree with you on Waller i can't believe she got away with what she did that's probably the only thing i hate,i guess it's Telltale telling us that the system is broken and people like Waller can get away with anything ? I don't know..

• Don't apologise. I get where you're coming from. I just needed to vent.

Well, actually I should be the one apologizing. I was joking around, but I do understand your feelings about how the vigilante path played o

• I did but that's the end of the episode. There's no point. This choice won't even matter.

iFoRias posted: »

You can tell John you considered him as a friend,Bruce visit John at the end in Arkham. He's not a villain and i still think John can be re

• Well i don't really know what to tell you,you should be happy about this scene because they probably won't do a season 3.

I did but that's the end of the episode. There's no point. This choice won't even matter.

• There's a small part of me that's delighted and to be honest. A season 3 don't happen especially when Alfred can leave or you give up Bat man.

Well i don't really know what to tell you,you should be happy about this scene because they probably won't do a season 3.

• Don't get me wrong I liked the scene for what it's worth but the previous parts of the episode got me riled up.

Well i don't really know what to tell you,you should be happy about this scene because they probably won't do a season 3.

• Well to be honest I did enjoy the episode on both sides however, I do agree that the vigilante plot was a bit weaker but still enjoyable! I think that the main thing you are forgetting is that Joker is the main villain. Batman was considered an outlaw by Waller and the Agency because of him protecting the murderous John Doe from escaping on the bridge.

• Not gonna hate you for enjoying the episode but it made me want to gouge my eyes out and eat them. Waller was the main villian but isn't put to justice. Joker turns evil. This left a very sour end bitter taste that don't go away for a while.

• I'm so disappointed that I'm shedding tears right now. Someone should remind me it's just a game lol

• Well think about it in Bruce Wayne's terms if he was to stop Waller what would stop her from telling people that Bruce Wayne was Batman. She has merit to her name she is the head of an intelligence agency, people would believe Waller more than they would believe Bruce Wayne who is known to be the son of a criminal and was fired from his company last year. To be fair Bruce would not have put his identity at risk for himself he would put his identity on the line for someone else like Alfred. Waller was pretty much untouchable for Batman and Bruce.

Not gonna hate you for enjoying the episode but it made me want to gouge my eyes out and eat them. Waller was the main villian but isn't put to justice. Joker turns evil. This left a very sour end bitter taste that don't go away for a while.

• Vigilante path sucks, and Joker turning evil anyway has nothing to do with it.

• I'll give you a hug :)

I'm so disappointed that I'm shedding tears right now. Someone should remind me it's just a game lol

• I know that's not the only problem.

Vigilante path sucks, and Joker turning evil anyway has nothing to do with it.

• It was kinda obvious that Vigilante Joker was gonna become the bad guy, even the trailer made it pretty clear there was gonna be a power struggle between Batman and John. If you really think that this is "Telltale lying" you are uninformed on what Telltale has done before. This is probably the first time Telltale has ever made these claims that didnt fall completely flat cough anf cough

• Doesn't change the fact that it sucks. The final half of The episode I felt terrible inside.

Well think about it in Bruce Wayne's terms if he was to stop Waller what would stop her from telling people that Bruce Wayne was Batman. She

• I know what telltale did before but this time we got screenshots and trailers and promises that fell flatter than a pancake. I thought they changed for once.That this is the breakthrough

Poogers555 posted: »

It was kinda obvious that Vigilante Joker was gonna become the bad guy, even the trailer made it pretty clear there was gonna be a power str

• I understand Joker was gonna turn against us. It just happened way too fast and was horribly wealth with and the villian were switched for some reason.

• Either way I learned that I shouldn't trust nor buy a telltale game. Way to kill my mood and make me cry.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.