What are your first thoughts on the new characters in Season 4?

13»

Comments

• I legit thought Ten was AJ, and Ten is what they'd refer to him as :/ silly me. Looks to me AJ would have someone around his age to keep him company aside from Clem :).
    • Violet looks like she can be a mixture of Ava & Molly (NOT JANE I HATE THOSE COMPARISONS). Having Ava's loyalty and Molly's survival instincts. Could be a great companion for Clem in the making and also someone we'll need in our corner.
    • Marlon seems to wear his heart on his sleeve, overprotective and bit over the top. Gabe could really use a twin at this point :D I'm calling it. "Garlon" or perhaps "Mabe" (still in the works).
    • Louis reminds me of King Ezekiel & Jesus - Protecter of his group, puts the group before himself and always has an open mind when it comes to certain scenarios. Might just be the one that keeps everyone in tact. We'll see.
    • And Rosie was described as a "Dog that doesn't die" :D So there's that. Though I wouldn't like to see him/her fend off against walkers, it'll be pretty cool to see her fight off other possible threats as a friend. Our last go-around with pups didn't go so well. (I hope Clem references Max, or looks at her scar when she meets Rosie :D).
  • Well, maybe during Amid the Ruins.

Louche posted: »

....yes.

• Pretty accurate.

Ten. Look closely. It's Duck. No. We all know he grew up. And look at him now! He'd make his Dad so proud ?

• I think they're neat enough, but I don't think that's everyone, even for the premiere. if it is, though, I hope anyone is [redacted].

• I think Clementine surviving long alone on S2 was also not very credible and even at the end of time 1 until she met Christa and Omid.

Clemmy1 posted: »

Honestly,like a modern day 'saved by the bell' ,no interest in these teen characters or there back stories or survival skills, and kids would be the last people to survive this so not very credible.

• It occurs to me that Violet looks like a Last of Us character(ex. if they wanted a foil for Ellie that also has a similar feel as Joel), while Ten looks like a main character in what another developer would come up with to seriously rival Season 1.

• Design wise, I really like Marlon. I'm excited to see what they are like personality wise but I'm not prepared to make any judgments, just yet.

• edited April 2018

Not gonna lie I already like them and I like the idea of the season being about kids around Clem age

• Having a cast whose majority are teenagers / kids think it gives TWD a new freshness, as we've only seen adults struggling for survival so far.
    Let's see how Telltale will deal creatively with it.

• Honestly, I can't judge these characters yet but I'm simply excited about getting teenage characters! This aspect was poorly done in TWD before and Clementine does need friends of her age. As a teenager myselg, I find it refreshing to see younger people struggling in post-apocalyptic world. Let's just hope TTG won't turn it into some cheap high school drama. I'm preparing myself for some emotional tension. There's a lot to explore in this theme.

Violet and Ten look the most sympathetic to me so far, I'm really digging them. Marlon is also interesting.

• I hope if there's romance it's player based. I don't like the idea of there being a flirty character. It'll feel uncomfortable if I'm playing as clem and some dude keeps trying to get with me. Idk what to think about any of them I just hope there's no gabe, duck, ben, and sarah clone. I liked sarah and duck at least more than gabe who I don't like at all but I'd rather see characters like molly, lee, kenny, jane, and mariana. I also hope there wont be any romance centered around the new characters like the player finds themselves into some kind of love triangle or has to choose who's side to be on as far as support for the romance goes.

• Yeah, I don't want a romance as a main part of the plot, but if it is 100% determinant and a minor subplot, I wouldn't care.

Scythenger posted: »

I hope if there's romance it's player based. I don't like the idea of there being a flirty character. It'll feel uncomfortable if I'm playin

• If Marlon shaved his mullet and Louis ditched his fashion nonsense all the newly confirmed characters would be fine in my book, but I guess it all boils down to how they act, if we get another whiny Gabe character that gets half the screen time with an uninteresting character growth plot I'm gonna be pissed.

• Will there be more members/characters of the boarding school?

• I kinda hope there'll be one more lighthearted member.

Will there be more members/characters of the boarding school?

• edited April 2018

Hopefully, there'll at least be a few mentioned from before Clem gets there. Gotta have me some GOOD backstory.

Will there be more members/characters of the boarding school?

• These new characters...Hmmm.

The profiles explain much, but I'll wait and see them in action to give a decent review.

• I think it's still early to evaluate the characters presented so far but I think everyone is fed up with characters like Kenny, Larry, Jane, etc.
    Some freshness will be greatly appreciated, as it is the final season.

• It's funny that you mentioned that because I thought Duck looked like Sid from Toy Story!

Joonlar posted: »

Not a fan of Marlon at all. Reminds me of Sid from Toy Story. Ten is eh. The others look alright.

enter image description here.

It's funny that you mentioned that because I thought Duck looked like Sid from Toy Story!

• edited April 2018

Not exactly impressed. I mean we got a generic and boring angsty girl, kenny 3.0 with a dog, probably an omid type comic relief,
    and a suspicious AJ substitute/replacement morality pet.

Still, my expectations are so low that I may be pleasantly surprised. Who knows.

• I think they're all cool and interesting. I can't stand Marlon's haircut, though. The dreaded mullet... They remind me of the children from Little Lamplight in Fallout 3. I think after Clem meets them, she'll become like their new leader.

• Marlon looks like he could be Duck's older brother or something.

It's funny that you mentioned that because I thought Duck looked like Sid from Toy Story!

• I'll bet you that half of what was shown as PAX will be flushed down the toilet for the sake of an "amazing rewrite"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.