Clementine becomes a martyr? *poll*

If telltale gives you the option to save Alvin jr. (but Clem dies) will you make that sacrifice?
Vote below!!!
strawpoll.com/g336pyr8
Update and Poll Results:
87 votes
"Hell No!" = 53 votes (60,92%)
"Yes" = 34 votes (39.08%)
Thanks for the votes!

Tagged:

Comments

• That depends. If they give me reasons to care about him, then yes.

• I let fate decide for me and I got no but I really should have chosen yes now that I look back on it

• Interesting... My immediate thought upon reading the question was "hell no" and that's exactly the poll option. Kinda' spoopy

• The Clementine I created would sacrifice herself. So it would have to be yes to do right by her persona. No matter how much it would kill ME.

• lol

Interesting... My immediate thought upon reading the question was "hell no" and that's exactly the poll option. Kinda' spoopy

• AJ could do puppy dogs eyes,have a ghost of Lee saying save him i still wouldn't choose him,HELL NO!

• The ghost of Lee might do me in?

Clemmy1 posted: »

AJ could do puppy dogs eyes,have a ghost of Lee saying save him i still wouldn't choose him,HELL NO!

• edited April 2018

I hope telltale pull a trick to whatever choice we make to trigger that scene

• I'd like to see the ghost of Lee come when you choose not to save AJ and Lee's like:
    "The fuck you doin' girl? I fucking raised you better than that. You're just as fucking bad as the fucking Saint Johns, you fuck!"

"Fuck you, Lee!" Clem will then argue back, "You have no fucking idea how much fucking shit I've been through to get to this fucking shit, so YOU don't get to say fucking SHIT about my fucking shit, because you know fucking shit about it!!"

Lee is so shocked, all he can manage to say is "Damn girl, that's cold..."

Clemmy1 posted: »

AJ could do puppy dogs eyes,have a ghost of Lee saying save him i still wouldn't choose him,HELL NO!

• Is this a rhetorical question, Y?

• edited April 2018

Clementine loves AJ as her own son just like Lee loved Clem as his own daughter. No matter how you choose to develop your version of Clementine or Lee, they love their adoptive child and would lay down their own life so the child could live.

• Pretty much.

Veeeee posted: »

Clementine loves AJ as her own son just like Lee loved Clem as his own daughter. No matter how you choose to develop your version of Clementine or Lee, they love their adoptive child and would lay down their own life so the child could live.

• Fuck you, Lee!" Clem will then argue back, "You have no fucking idea how much fucking shit I've been through to get to this fucking shit, so YOU don't get to say fucking SHIT about my fucking shit, because you know fucking shit about it!

Who would've thought calling the cow dung "shit" would have such disastrous consequences lol

Acheive250 posted: »

I'd like to see the ghost of Lee come when you choose not to save AJ and Lee's like: "The fuck you doin' girl? I fucking raised you better

• Gotta replay the whole series from season 1 just to avoid calling it shit lol

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Fuck you, Lee!" Clem will then argue back, "You have no fucking idea how much fucking shit I've been through to get to this fucking shit, so

• I think probably yes, even though I love Clementine. This is just because the Clem that we have formed over season 1 and 2 (Clem was just a background character in 3) would sacrifice herself for Alvin. It’s not about what we would do, it’s more about what Clem would do. We shouldn’t really change the character we have created just because we as fans don’t want her to die.

• Yes. I don't give a damn about the new/ANF Clementine, stopped caring about her completely overrated character since the end S2, and even kind of before that honestly. At least AJ still has potential. I guess it depends on what Telltale does with Clem, if they give me a reason to choose her over a young kid I guess it'll be a hard choice, but I don't consider S1/2 nostalgia reason enough to pick Clementine.

• Yeah. I don't think it'd make much sense to let him die after all Clem's done for him already.

I mean, can you imagine if it just went like,

"Clem, help me!"

"Lol, nope!"

• I swear, I misunderstood the context of what this meant! :joy:

Gotta replay the whole series from season 1 just to avoid calling it shit lol

• It’s not about what we would do, it’s more about what Clem would do.

To take a more neutral stance here for a second, what IS Clementine's general perogative?

We shouldn’t really change the character we have created just because we as fans don’t want her to die.

:grimace:

I think probably yes, even though I love Clementine. This is just because the Clem that we have formed over season 1 and 2 (Clem was just a

• I mostly agree with this.

Yes. I don't give a damn about the new/ANF Clementine, stopped caring about her completely overrated character since the end S2, and even ki

• Yes. That's what my Clementine would do.

But, I'll first explore any option/opportunity where we both could get out alive, cuz if I die he probably won't make it out either. But, I WILL do my best to teach him how to survive if I were to be gone, Don't get me wrong. I just don't like his odds if he were without me, even with proper training. People aren't as welcoming as they were back in the early days..

• But, I'll first explore any option/opportunity where we both could get out alive,

That is indeed the best option, yes.

People aren't as welcoming as they were back in the early days..

Are you talking about the outbreak or the community? :lol:

Yes. That's what my Clementine would do. But, I'll first explore any option/opportunity where we both could get out alive, cuz if I die h

• Are you talking about the outbreak or the community? :lol:

Yah. The dumb pale dudes back in the day were very kind. You could go right up and hug them. Maybe it's because half their faces have rotted off that they want to rip us limb from limb now. ? (They're so jealous)

DabigRG posted: »

But, I'll first explore any option/opportunity where we both could get out alive, That is indeed the best option, yes. People

• 1: There's no reason for anyone to want to save AJ other than solely because characters in the game tell us to. Other than one word and incoherent baby noises, AJ has done nothing to warrant any connection to him.

2: What's the point of saving or investing in anyone if their sole purpose is to repeat the same sacrificial cycle just cause.

• Well I believe I would sacrifice her for AJ. simply because it is within the canon of her personality right now. She loves AJ just as much if not more than Lee right now and already said she'd basically lay down her own life for his own so the true character of Clementine would never normally be so selfish as to put her life before a younger child's life who did not get to experience whatever was left of life worth living. To go against Clem's possible true feelings is thinking of what you the player wants over what Clementine would want in a way. Just like a couple of the choices in the New Frontier where it came down to choosing Clementine's wishes a basic stranger that held you at gun point when you first met over what is best for yourself or your family as Javi Garcia. Most folk made choices in biased favor for Clemmy due to the history with her and the intentions of looking out for her over anyone else even the protagonists own family. Which isn't likely something Javier would do but this doesn't mean he'd be a jerk to Clem for no reason like give her up to Conrad and NF.

• edited April 2018

I swear if this actually becomes a decision we have to make in TFS I’ll laugh my ass off. It’s like giving Lee the decision to just give up searching for Clementine. It would be out of Clementines character to not sacrifice herself.

• No..then I will replay it and then martyr her....I am looking for many different endings to tell the truth...but it is too early to tell.

• No, Alvin jr. Was a mistake that never should have happened, besides I dont want a rerun of season 1

• edited April 2018

I mean,i really don't like AJ but i want to care for him i just don't have the reasons to right now.

This would be a stupid choice because Clem already like AJ and she's been taking care of him for a long time so not saving him would be out of character for Clem.

• Sorry AJ. I already lost Lee, I ain't losing Clem!

• edited April 2018

If you didn't call it shit:

Lee: "The fuck you doin' girl? I fucking raised you better than that. You're just as fucking bad as the fucking Saint Johns, you fuck!"

Clem: "Lee, you have no right to judge me. I have a group that depends on me. If I had died and AJ lived, the rest of my group would die without me, then he'd die anyway with no one to protect him. I made the right choice. Sometimes it's worth sacrificing a few, to save the many."

Lee: "Well, now we don't have a poetic end to your story arc, do we?"

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Fuck you, Lee!" Clem will then argue back, "You have no fucking idea how much fucking shit I've been through to get to this fucking shit, so

• This is another reason why ANF is the worst game ever. Telltale never bothered to make us care about AJ in that game and forced us to care about Javi's family, the characters we never met in the first seasons. If they didn't want us to, then why did they have him live through Season 2 regardless in the first place (Since there was supposed to be an option to leave him behind in Episode 5)?

I really have a feeling that Season 4 is not going to focus on him totally. The only reason why I'd sacrifice Clem for his safety is what Clementine would do. She cares about him but we don't. My Clementine will save everyone she cares about.

• I would so the ending wouldn't be boring. No one cares about the baby dying so what a shit way to end the story, it will be very dramatic and leave a long lasting effect if clem died.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.