Here we go again: Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion (SPOILERs)

Comments

• I get the impression you don’t like star wars

strwar3 posted: »

Solo A Star Wars Story -Rant and Spoiler Review By Midnight's Edge well looks like Midnight's Edge is ranting and pissed off by this Waste Of Money movie. I can't wait for RedLetterMedia's review next on this devastating star Wars movie.

• edited May 2018

I get the impression it's the number 7.
    Movie's only at 70% aggregated.

Why? Because 7 ate Nine.

Melton23 posted: »

I get the impression you don’t like star wars

• (Has massive stroke due to bad joke)

AChicken posted: »

I get the impression it's the number 7. Movie's only at 70% aggregated. Why? Because 7 ate Nine.

• Only true Star Wars fans hate Star Wars.

I get the impression you don’t like star wars

• Kathleen Kennedy hates us more though well only if you're male.

lupinb0y posted: »

Only true Star Wars fans hate Star Wars.

• True

• Sadly, I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Kathleen Kennedy hates us more though well only if you're male.

• If this movie is doing good, then great. But that still won't make me go out and watch the movie because I am genuinely not interested in the movie.

• I loved all the Star Wars movies except The Last Jedi.

• tbh i'm just not gonna watch it because those assholes at disney seriously tried to convince me chewbacca was gonna die. that is legitimately the most moronic and poorly thought out marketing move ever and it's very clearly just done for the le epic trailer and to get people in seats. i'm not supporting something with no passion put into it. say what you want about the last 3 star wars films but JJ, Gareth and Rian all had visions as directors and put a lot of effort into what was seen. this looks like a generic action/heist movie with the star wars skin slapped on it for money.

• Can anyone tell if Solo was any good? But no spoilers please.

• edited May 2018

say what you want about the last 3 star wars films but JJ, Gareth and Rian all had visions as directors and put a lot of effort into what was seen

I can only disagree with Rian Johnson. All he did in The Last Jedi is make us watch the Resistance getting their ass kicked by First Order for 2 hours, despite the fact that they (First Order) were supposed to fall apart after the destruction of their "Death Star" planet, the movie takes place right after the events of The Force Awakens. Also, no disrespect for Carrie Fisher but he shouldn't have kept Leia alive for the rest of the movie because they confirmed she will not be in Episode 9, unless they lie to us and cast a CGI actor like how they did in Rogue One. I have a hard time thinking how JJ Abrams is going to handle her fate. I bet he will do that by confirming her death in the opening credits.

Also, fuck that stupid character, Rose, fuck that bitch in particular. Her "Save what we love" makes no fucking sense and it makes her worse than Jar Jar Binks

tbh i'm just not gonna watch it because those assholes at disney seriously tried to convince me chewbacca was gonna die. that is legitimatel

• Honestly at this point, I wouldn't mind JarJar Binks showing up again.

• It wasn't good at all! I saw it with my gf and we both hated it and their was no spark anymore from this Star Wars movie. Btw? I am officially done with Star Wars now! Kathleen Kennedy killed Star Wars for me. She needs realllllly be fired right now.

Kng0604 posted: »

Can anyone tell if Solo was any good? But no spoilers please.

• edited May 2018

super glad you missed my point.

EDIT: for the record i see all the points you made and understood them. i do not completely agree and the things i do agree on were worded very poorly, but you completely misunderstood the point of my comment. i was not arguing the quality of the movie, but moreso saying that rian johnson, for all his faults, did have a vision as a director and an idea he was passionate about. you may not have enjoyed the movie or his vision, but he had a vision. solo looks completely soulless and void of passion.

EDIT AGAIN:

it makes her worse than Jar Jar Binks

i've said it a lot but i think i'm gonna say it again. jar jar is not a bad character or the worst character in the franchise because jar jar is not a character. he was never a character. he was used for comedic relief. the only star wars movie that actively made him a character was attack of the clones. comparing sequel trilogy characters to jar jar who was a comic relief plot device with zero character just because "hurr durr i don't like jar jar and hurr durr i also don't like this character" is a poor argument. judge them on their own flaws (which rose had quite a fucking lot of), don't compare them to blobs of cgi with not a second of development.

AronDracula posted: »

say what you want about the last 3 star wars films but JJ, Gareth and Rian all had visions as directors and put a lot of effort into what wa

• edited May 2018

super glad you missed my point.

EDIT: cool double post. mods can i get some help?

say what you want about the last 3 star wars films but JJ, Gareth and Rian all had visions as directors and put a lot of effort into what wa

• I understand what point you are making Clemy I mean there was no tension in Solo movie at all! It became a stupid non-tension movie. Nothing from this movie made me feel happy or excited and after The Last Jedi bullshit? I literally sold my The Force Awakens blu-ray cause I don't care anymore! I will let my(when me and my gf have a kid one day)kid watch only the prequels and episodes 4-6. I'm sorry Kathleen Kennedy made me very very very angry. One time when my gf almost threw a rock at the theater glass door cause she was pissed off.

super glad you missed my point. EDIT: for the record i see all the points you made and understood them. i do not completely agree and the

• I mean fair enough and understandable, but maybe like... skip the prequels and just watch the OT and the Clone Wars show? You know, the good Star Wars stuff?

I understand what point you are making Clemy I mean there was no tension in Solo movie at all! It became a stupid non-tension movie. Nothing

• edited May 2018

I think the Prequels are good,btw? This IS good Star Wars shit. I just like it. Also I let me kid watch The Clone Wars TV show just not the Rebles TV show cause I didn't like it.

I mean fair enough and understandable, but maybe like... skip the prequels and just watch the OT and the Clone Wars show? You know, the good Star Wars stuff?

• If skipping the prequels means skipping Revenge of the Sith as well, then no. It didn't have the best acting except for Ewan McGregor but at least it had a story unlike The Last Jedi. It's an improvement over the first 2 prequels and had moments that everyone remembers like, the opening space battle, Order 66, Anakin vs Obi-Wan and the birth of Darth Vader. I can barely remember anything from The Last Jedi that makes me want to rewatch it again. Episode 8 gives no reason to rewatch it cause, like I said, it's just Resistance getting kicked in the ass by First Order, that's the whole movie. Also, the prequels had the best music score from John Williams like Duel of the Fates and Battle of Mustafar, I don't remember John Williams making a new score in the sequels.

Hell, can you consider any lightsaber fights from the new movies that are better than Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul?

I mean fair enough and understandable, but maybe like... skip the prequels and just watch the OT and the Clone Wars show? You know, the good Star Wars stuff?

• At least Jar Jar was useful to defend Naboo. Rose made stupid decisions that only made things worse, she is the reason Luke is dead. If Finn did sacrifice himself, the Resistance would have escaped sooner and Luke probably wouldn't have died. Even Finn was like WTF? when she kissed him. Did we forget the fact that Finn had feelings for Rey more than Rose?

I never wished for a character to die in Star Wars more than Rose. Everything about her character is annoying and useless. She never should have existed.

super glad you missed my point. EDIT: for the record i see all the points you made and understood them. i do not completely agree and the

• Have I just found a fellow Jar Jar Binks defender? ?

At least Jar Jar was useful to defend Naboo. Rose made stupid decisions that only made things worse, she is the reason Luke is dead. If Finn

• I never said he is a good character. I just don't find him as bad as others say. I never had problems with him. Rose, on the other hand, is just plain disgusting.

Have I just found a fellow Jar Jar Binks defender? ?

• I don't dislike the actor. I never blame the actors for playing the script and directions they have been given.

But with that said, I really dislike Rose's character. She didn't really click for me. I prefer the dynamic between Finn and Rey over the interactions between Rose and Finn.

I never said he is a good character. I just don't find him as bad as others say. I never had problems with him. Rose, on the other hand, is just plain disgusting.

• . Rose, on the other hand, is just plain disgusting

I feel bad for the girl who won a contest to be in Star Wars. Like WTF!! They gave her the worst character everrrrrr!!! Like come onnnn Rose and Finn don't work and it is the worst pairing ever too.

I never said he is a good character. I just don't find him as bad as others say. I never had problems with him. Rose, on the other hand, is just plain disgusting.

• I never understood why they had her kiss Finn, what was even the point of Finn having feelings for Rey in TFA?

I don't dislike the actor. I never blame the actors for playing the script and directions they have been given. But with that said, I rea

• That's what I was afraid of.? the way Disney is doing these movies is making me so sad.

It wasn't good at all! I saw it with my gf and we both hated it and their was no spark anymore from this Star Wars movie. Btw? I am officially done with Star Wars now! Kathleen Kennedy killed Star Wars for me. She needs realllllly be fired right now.

• edited May 2018

Finn doesn't (well shouldn't) have any feelings for Rose in the next movie. That was downright sexual assault on Rose's behalf after giving some dumb monologue about saving the ones we love instead of the whole faction we are loyal to lmao. If she had knocked Finn's craft out of the way to sacrifice herself instead then fair play it would of been a redeeming quality for her character.

Ultimately though I was disappointed Finn didn't get to make the sacrifice I wanted it, the audience wanted it and it just felt right in that moment. Like where is Finn's character going to go from here in 8 he was on some pointless sub plot the whole movie?

I never understood why they had her kiss Finn, what was even the point of Finn having feelings for Rey in TFA?

• That awkward moment when the best thing about your Star Wars movie is a cameo from a prequel character...

• I am fairly certain at this point that Rose was created solely to deal with concerns that Finn would end up with either Poe or Rey. They clearly want Rey to end up with Kylo at this point. (Meh.) Of course JJ Abrams might shift things about some more so...

I never understood why they had her kiss Finn, what was even the point of Finn having feelings for Rey in TFA?

• Thank you ? I’m starting a campaign

• Soylo A Soy Wars Story Bombs With 148 million In The Global Weekend!!! WOW!!! LOL SWEET BABY JESUS!! Thanks a lot Disney!! You succeeded into destroying your franchise once again! Btw? Raise your hand if you want Kathleen Kennedy to be fired? ✋

• In comparison what did the other Disney star wars movies make globally at opening?

Soylo A Soy Wars Story Bombs With 148 million In The Global Weekend!!! WOW!!! LOL SWEET BABY JESUS!! Thanks a lot Disney!! You succeeded into destroying your franchise once again! Btw? Raise your hand if you want Kathleen Kennedy to be fired? ✋

• I think Rogue One made about 300 million globally I think?

In comparison what did the other Disney star wars movies make globally at opening?

• After finding out about her real origins in TLJ, I couldn't give too much crap about this Rey girl. She is one of the worst SW characters ever made. She is so overpowered and tries too hard. Look at Jyn Erso, she had much better origins than the character who is supposed to be the main protagonist in the Sequel trilogy. I cannot believe they made such a great set up for her in TFA only to end up being just a nobody who got sold by their parents for water.

If she dies in Episode 9, would I cry? I definitely wouldn't.

• It was ridiculous, he met Chewie, Lando, and won the Falcon all on the same adventure, maybe in the span of a week.

• I get the impression there are some Star Wars fans who assume because they were alive in 1977 they automatically assume only they know what is best for the franchise and that anything which isn't the original three films pales in comparison. I feel decidedly grateful I grew up with the prequels and so don't subscribe to that philosophy...

• I'd say Solo is the best Star Wars movie released under Disney. It had a coherent story, a consistent tone, lots of fun action, as well as interesting and compelling characters (and not just the ones we knew from before). As for negatives, it had some cheesy dialogue here and there, and some of the fan service moments and references felt a bit in-your-face. 8/10.

• As opposed to pretty much every individual Star Wars film to date which takes place in a week or so... except this one which happens to do a three year time jump...

JawaEater posted: »

It was ridiculous, he met Chewie, Lando, and won the Falcon all on the same adventure, maybe in the span of a week.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.