Here we go again: Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion (SPOILERs)

Comments

• "Mr.Stark? I don't feel so good?"

Spotted this and it made me laugh, what could have been if George Lucas remained as head of Lucasfilm and hired directors to handle the vision:

• I think the whole 'Rey is the new Chosen one' theory is the best theory for Rey's origin yet. I don't think Luke was ever The Chosen one, I have no idea why people think he was; Luke wasn't the one who killed the Empire and saved the Galaxy, Vader coulden't bare to stand there and watch as his own Son died at the hands of the Empire when he could have done something and redeemed himself. The prophesy did say that The Chosen One would bring balance to the Force and that's exactly what Anakin did, he killed the Empire. Now that Palpatine is dead and a new threat has arrived The Chosen One is once again reborn with Rey; that's my theory, if the whole 'Rey is the new Chosen one' theory turns out to be false then I think it should be somewhat similar to to that theory.

Rey's a Chosen One, so... yeah.

• This video pretty much sums up my thoughts on Solo:

• Darth Maul referred to Luke as the chosen one in rebels, although I do think that the chosen one doesn’t exist. BECAUSE IT’S THE CHOSEN TWO! both anakin and Luke can share the title

Tazmangamez posted: »

I think the whole 'Rey is the new Chosen one' theory is the best theory for Rey's origin yet. I don't think Luke was ever The Chosen one, I

• I think the concept of the Chosen One is a bit vague since one could assign it to Anakin and Luke, though I think George has said it was Anakin (since he first helped to reduce the Jedi to the equal of the Sith and then killed the Emperor years later, effectively reducing the Force to a select number of both light and dark). Episode IX might be about to see both sects merge to create a Grey side, of course, which might make Rey and Kylo the new respective Chosen Ones.

• He meets Chewie and Lando and wins the falcon in the same week, that wasn't over the course of three years, the time jump is before the plot even started. He couldn't have already known Chewie or Lando, we had to force every major thing we know about Han Solo into this movie in a very unnatural way in my opinion.

As opposed to pretty much every individual Star Wars film to date which takes place in a week or so... except this one which happens to do a three year time jump...

• Do you honestly think Disney Star Wars would do something that game changing? I'm not very hyped for 9 and honestly I don't know what the heck they are going to do to resolve this story in 2hr 40mins ish...

I think the concept of the Chosen One is a bit vague since one could assign it to Anakin and Luke, though I think George has said it was Ana

• I don't recall Maul calling Luke The Chosen One in Rebels, I remember him asking Obi Wan if Vader was The Chosen One but I don't remember him saying anything about Luke. It's not really The Chosen 2 because Anakin did kill Palpatine and I don't think there could be 2 Chosen Ones alive at the same time; since Anakin is dead now Rey is the reborn Chosen One who will bring balance to the force once again in theory.

Melton23 posted: »

Darth Maul referred to Luke as the chosen one in rebels, although I do think that the chosen one doesn’t exist. BECAUSE IT’S THE CHOSEN TWO! both anakin and Luke can share the title

• edited June 2018

ObI replied with “he is”

I don't recall Maul calling Luke The Chosen One in Rebels, I remember him asking Obi Wan if Vader was The Chosen One but I don't remember hi

• Those of you who play Star Wars Battlefront 2 are going to have a fun time now, I'm sure... ;)

• Here's a NOOOOO compilation:

The fact Darth Maul is the only prequel exclusive hero/villain in that game is a disgrace lol.

AChicken posted: »

Those of you who play Star Wars Battlefront 2 are going to have a fun time now, I'm sure...

• I'm sure they will, this really makes me wonder about the next Star Wars game which might be making an appearance at this year's E3!

AChicken posted: »

Those of you who play Star Wars Battlefront 2 are going to have a fun time now, I'm sure...

• I use to be excited about Star Wars games...

I'm sure they will, this really makes me wonder about the next Star Wars game which might be making an appearance at this year's E3!

• Same to be honest, I knew that EA would never be able to create what people really wanted from the beginning. What EA needs is to learn from other Star Wars games like The Force Unleashed or the much wanted 1313; the reason these games were so successful was because they gave the player what they wanted, a Star Wars game that explores sides to Star Wars that we have never seen before yet it really engages us the story with all of the scenery and gameplay. EA's first Battlefront didn't even have a campaign mode which really made the game boring and unlikable, Battlefront 2 is a huge improvement with the involvement of campaign mode, new characters, improved graphics and many more; I still feel like these games need something more, something that the Lucas Arts games had but EA doesn't.

I use to be excited about Star Wars games...

• Tbf ea really are trying to but Disney have restricted them atm to do solo. Prequels content would have come much sooner but then fans restricted them yet again cos they didn’t like the play style, only to complain that we don’t have clone wars yet, despite the fact that it was the fans fault for that one in the first place. If there would have been less complaining then I guarantee that the clone wars content would be finished by now.

Same to be honest, I knew that EA would never be able to create what people really wanted from the beginning. What EA needs is to learn from

• I think if the loot crate controversy hadn't (rightly) occurred BF2 would have been doing more seasons in-between Last Jedi and Solo with Clone Wars. Since it happened they had to devote all their time to creating an alternate system. But the damage has been done, and Disney is seriously considered licencing Star Wars to Activision and Ubisoft instead. I would go with the latter since they do single player focused games well.

• I think Bethesda would be the best choice, they do single player AND we get mods so players can bend the game to their own play style, and if you don’t like mods then don’t get any ?

I think if the loot crate controversy hadn't (rightly) occurred BF2 would have been doing more seasons in-between Last Jedi and Solo with Cl

• I think they're going to be busy with Rage 2, Fallout 76 and Starfield, but we can always hope.

I think Bethesda would be the best choice, they do single player AND we get mods so players can bend the game to their own play style, and if you don’t like mods then don’t get any ?

• I still have some hopes of Todd Howard revealing the elder scrolls six by bringing a literal live dragon or something to E3

I think they're going to be busy with Rage 2, Fallout 76 and Starfield, but we can always hope.

• They shouldn't license it out to one studio and let studio's approach them with pitches for games. Pretty sure that's how it worked under George Lucas reign with Lucasarts and why we got such awesome games like KOTOR, Jedi Academy, Republic Commando's, Revenge of the sith etc.

I think if the loot crate controversy hadn't (rightly) occurred BF2 would have been doing more seasons in-between Last Jedi and Solo with Cl

• Agreed, why Disney decided to let EA have sole run on the licence is boggling, especially when they only have two console games, a so-so mobile experience and a couple cancelled titles to their name thus far...

They shouldn't license it out to one studio and let studio's approach them with pitches for games. Pretty sure that's how it worked under Ge

• edited June 2018

So does anyone else believe the rumor that Kathleen Kennedy is stepping down from Lucasfilm in September?

• edited June 2018

It could be true, the toy line isn't doing so well, giving EA sole exclusive access to Star Wars back fired, Last Jedi back lash, Kathleen Kennedy unable to work with directors opting to fire them and SOLO's reshoots/ box office performance. Disney have investors to worry about, if they think their golden goose is dying they'll jump in to try to quickly save it. My only worry is who they'll replace her with. Like the guy heading up Marvel studios is the complete opposite of Kathleen Kennedy in terms of wanting to tell good stories instead of political messages, we need someone like that.

Umbassabro posted: »

So does anyone else believe the rumor that Kathleen Kennedy is stepping down from Lucasfilm in September?

• I'm not sure about that, if people are complaining then that's EA's fault for not giving the fans content that they want. Battlefront 2 is giving us content from the sequels, the originals and a bit of the prequels, I have no idea why EA has decided to give fans everything except for the very thing they need, Clone Wars/Prequel content. If that whole thing about EA restricting Clone Wars/Prequel content is true then EA must not like to hear constructive feedback, if people don't like your game you don't just restrict them from content they want to see in your game, people are having problems with it so listen to them and fix it, has Disney gone to EA and told them to not care about the fans as well or something?

Tbf ea really are trying to but Disney have restricted them atm to do solo. Prequels content would have come much sooner but then fans restr

• edited June 2018

uuuggghhhhhh.... alright, you know what caused the complaints? LOOTBOXES, did EA admit their mistakes and remove the feature, as well as put a lot of hard work and resources into giving the fans the type of gameplay THEY wanted? YES!!! fans ARE getting the content they want, but THEY keep MOANING because they wanted an OVERHAUL, which they got STRAIGHT AWAY, as I mentioned before, thus DELAYING clone wars content. EA are a greedy and scummy company but it takes a lot of ignorance to ignore the fact that they are trying to give us what we want. Do you understand or do I need to start again ?

I'm not sure about that, if people are complaining then that's EA's fault for not giving the fans content that they want. Battlefront 2 is g

• Nope, I got the story, you just weren't giving me the big picture so I was a little confused.

uuuggghhhhhh.... alright, you know what caused the complaints? LOOTBOXES, did EA admit their mistakes and remove the feature, as well as put

• Star Wars fans are a strange bunch

• I give up ?

Nope, I got the story, you just weren't giving me the big picture so I was a little confused.

• Nah.

Umbassabro posted: »

• edited June 2018

Eww

Nah.

• Does look kinda... tasty... ???

Nah.

• We're right here.

MasterStone posted: »

Star Wars fans are a strange bunch

• So I just saw the film last night, and boy was it a ride. It may be my favorite of the newer films that have come out. It just really connected with me and hit a lot of the right buttons. I'm going to go into spoilers here, so everyone has been warned. I was pretty much hooked from about the beginning, and I was rarely taken out of it. The plot was very enjoyable, and so were the characters. Even different species got more time to shine, which I know was a big complaint that people have had. We got a better look at some of the criminal activity going on during the time. I didn't realize it until now, but the plot was also very hard to predict in a good way. I really enjoyed how more character driven it was compared to other movies in the series. We really got a good look at how Han was in his younger years. I also really liked the double meaning of the title Solo. Not only did it refer to Han, but it also showed just how alone throughout the movie he truly was (except for Chewie). Everybody either died or wasn't completely trustworthy. In the end it was just him and Chewie. I also liked how Han was very perceptive throughout the film, and wasn't really foolish in the film.

I know that some people complain about how he met Chewie and Lando, and got the Millinian Falcon in about a week (although we don't really know how long it took for him to find Lando again), but that seems like a real nitpick. I guess it is kind of convenient, but it doesn't break the movie in any way. I do wish we knew more about the dice, but they did do a very smart visual trick with them. Show, don't tell and all that. The only real complaint I have is with L3. The political message there did get a bit much. At least some of her antics and dialogue could be kind of funny, so it wasn't too big of a deal. Her antics also got her killed, so take that how you will. To be somewhat fair, a lot of the people in the mine were being enslaved. That's really my only complaint. The rest of the movie was great.

A few of the smaller things I enjoyed were the line "I got a good feeling about this", that reveal at the end (you know the one), and perhaps my favorite moment in the film, when Han shot first. This movie was full of little things like that, and I thought it did a great service to the previous films. Anybody who decided to skip this film I think did a great disservice to themselves and this film. It was easily a 9/10 film for me. It was way better than I was expecting. I hope they do more character driven movies, and I'm glad that this is apparently getting a sequel, something I was kind of hoping for after seeing it.

• edited June 2018

Having Donald Glover apart of the cast doesn't help, either.

Even the positive reviews have been somewhat hesitant in praising it. They got the wrong actor for Solo.

• Agreed!

I think Bethesda would be the best choice, they do single player AND we get mods so players can bend the game to their own play style, and if you don’t like mods then don’t get any ?

• Both Activision and EA should go defunct already. They're the problem with the gaming industry. If Japan was still carrying the torch, we'd have more Western studios emulating Telltale's focus on story driven games. Whether singleplayer or multiplayer. Naughty Dog is the closest to providing story driven games that can also double as an online multiplayer, and Bethesda could easily follow suit. If I could hire Hideo Kojima to oversee the restructuring of the entire gaming industry I would. He & Nobuo Uematsu are the only ones that could truly be trusted to save this industry.

Same to be honest, I knew that EA would never be able to create what people really wanted from the beginning. What EA needs is to learn from

• EA sucks regardless, Disney's involvement doesn't excuse how much they suck as a gaming studio. They should just stick to sports games like they've historically been known for.

Tbf ea really are trying to but Disney have restricted them atm to do solo. Prequels content would have come much sooner but then fans restr

• The only real problems with them is that they are WAY to greedy (look at the sims) and they take too long to give us what we want, which I don’t really blame them for cos I can wait

EA sucks regardless, Disney's involvement doesn't excuse how much they suck as a gaming studio. They should just stick to sports games like they've historically been known for.

• I think the gaming industry is fine, I was just talking about EA's Star Wars games... :|

Both Activision and EA should go defunct already. They're the problem with the gaming industry. If Japan was still carrying the torch, we'd

Sign in to comment in this discussion.