Here we go again: Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion (SPOILERs)

1235»

Comments

• If Japan was still carrying the torch, it would be because companies like Rockstar, Bioware, Bethesda, Bungie, and others hadn't been so successful bringing new genres, ideas, and gameplay to consoles during the PS2 era. The lack of innovation and fresh ideas led to people embracing games these companies have made over the years, gaming wouldn't be nearly as big it is now considering gaming was still pretty niche during the PSX era, and still stuck in Nintendos, admittedly brilliant at the time considering the market, viewed as a children's hobby. Their slow acceptance at the direction gaming was taking at the time. Xbox Live was up and running about a year or two after the console dropped, and required a broadband connection. Meanwhile,

Hiroshi Yamauchi: There are people who are in fact enjoying Net games, and I'm sure they are enjoying them, but in the end, this is a fad thing. We don't think that this will turn into a multiplying game genre. There are reports that only a portion of the many net games are actually selling, and that this is only a phase. We wouldn't bet our companies luck on such games.

In the end, Eastern companies and developers were still very much embracing the homecrowd as the popularity of gaming skyrocketed in many western countries during the 90s and 2000s. Western developers capitalized on that by delivering games that appealed to a very different culture.

Kojima himself was very influenced by western culture and media, idolizing the Hollywood industry and producing games that were familiar to a much wider audience, so you've got your western influence there. I'm not sure why you mentioned Nobuo though, he makes music.

Both Activision and EA should go defunct already. They're the problem with the gaming industry. If Japan was still carrying the torch, we'd

• The price for all the Sims extra content is crazy, and I'll always think it's stupid when a new game releases missing content that was in the previous just to be sold again. I like the model more than annual games overall, though. It's been supported for 4 years with 3 more ahead, I can't remember how many major expansions there are but I usually skip the multitude of stuff packs they release, the game packs I really only buy if they introduce something I'm really interested in. I guess basically it's just down to me preferring not having to buy a new game to continue receiving content I may want, though. I do tend to be picky when it comes to new stuff lol

Melton23 posted: »

The only real problems with them is that they are WAY to greedy (look at the sims) and they take too long to give us what we want, which I don’t really blame them for cos I can wait

• I hear ya

The price for all the Sims extra content is crazy, and I'll always think it's stupid when a new game releases missing content that was in th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.