Does TFS' Clementine Look Any Different from ANF's Clementine To You?

Comments

• She looks like a woman now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Bathing a piece of shit won’t stop it from stinking?

She looks thin...I hope she's eating enough. And I know it's the apocalypse but who here thinks that just because it's the apocalypse peo

• Oh, i'm sure there's dudes out there that willingly do that.

She looks thin...I hope she's eating enough. And I know it's the apocalypse but who here thinks that just because it's the apocalypse peo

• I guess we did not find many good hotels in the apocalypse.

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

It has more to do with her face looking disgusting and really dirty just like everyone in the last of us. But yeah, her clothes too. There a

• Lol!!!

Melton23 posted: »

I’ll just assume you meant something else and that you didn’t have some shady attraction to Clem before hand, despite the fact that she is still 16 and pretty much illegal still ?

• The characters do not wash their faces, be they in movies, games or hqs to maintain dramatic effect, I aho. It's like watching movies in ancient Egypt and seeing all those slaves clean.

• Ah it warms the heart to see our young girl grow up to the point where we can argue whether or not she qualifies as jailbait~

but okay folks let's just all accept that if people don't appreciate the humor you're trying to throw it's best to just reel it back and that comedy isn't always a clear reflection of someone's character

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

You know, it's good to hear that little debate about her being legal for a computer animation brought some kind of joy into your life.
    It's obvious that I found what you did there to be funny and original, and only replied to your comment to let you know, but mainly so that I could do it as well.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Ah it warms the heart to see our young girl grow up to the point where we can argue whether or not she qualifies as jailbait~ but okay f

• Umm... Ignoring the weird conversations that transpired, I'd thought I'd share this. Just a quick compilation of Clem's evolution from concept art to TFS. Putting aside the ethnicity debate, I think it's kind of cool that Clem's design has changed with each season and their respective design teams.

But to answer the original question posed by OP, I think Clem looks more like how her ANF should have been. She looks tired, worn, and more pale in the face. ANF Clem's look was too clean and touched up. But I called ANF the Telemundo version of TWD, so whatever...

• the Telemundo version of TWD

:D :D

eRock92 posted: »

Umm... Ignoring the weird conversations that transpired, I'd thought I'd share this. Just a quick compilation of Clem's evolution from conc

• edited June 2018

nevermind the fact that it's the fucking apocalypse and that's the first law everyone would throw out if we're being honest here so that original remark was even more bizarrely out of place

but yeah for everyone's benefit let's just turn all the text in this awkward chain of comments grey and forget this ever happened mkay ~whoosh~

You know, it's good to hear that little debate about her being legal for a computer animation brought some kind of joy into your life. It

• Since Cocoa and this cosmic boy look like they're about to argue over it again, I might as well step in on the matter.

You know, when I described Clementeen as being legal, it wasn't even meant to be a joke. It was just a simple additive statement that also further evidenced how she has further strayed away from what made her special, with the real observation that she looks like a Last of Us character being enhanced by it.

• edited June 2018

Now, if you really want to have this text be ignored, keep the color, shrink the text, set the words backwards and upside down, change the font to something almost unreadable, And use the alt spoiler tag but only for it's summary.

⅄Oᑎ,ᒪᒪ ᑫǝ ɐ ᗪɹO ᴉᑌ ᑌO ʇᴉɯǝ

nevermind the fact that it's the fucking apocalypse and that's the first law everyone would throw out if we're being honest here so that ori

• set the words backwards and upside down,

We can do that?

Now, if you really want to have this text be ignored, keep the color, shrink the text, set the words backwards and upside down, change the f

• yup I just did

DabigRG posted: »

set the words backwards and upside down, We can do that?

• Nah I just like to wrap my text up nicely in a little grey bow, only rather than something you actually want being inside it's just some dimwit's opinion piece that's forcing you to do extra work to actually read :P

this won't be a regular thing I promise

Now, if you really want to have this text be ignored, keep the color, shrink the text, set the words backwards and upside down, change the f

• Comedy is also often used as a front for someone's genuine character too.

Ah it warms the heart to see our young girl grow up to the point where we can argue whether or not she qualifies as jailbait~ but okay f

• edited June 2018

She looks better now than in S3, even coming from me.

• Saw that.

Nah I just like to wrap my text up nicely in a little grey bow, only rather than something you actually want being inside it's just some dim

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

....Did you see my hidden text??? Yours gives me the feeling you didn’t

nevermind the fact that it's the fucking apocalypse and that's the first law everyone would throw out if we're being honest here so that ori

• Don't get me wrong, I very much do believe being attracted to kids is wrong, but seeing as how were currently debating over the legal status of a computer animated character that isn't real, let's take this time to talk about how much the character has changed in terms of her appearance before this discussion gets turned into an even bigger argument, and people start labeling each other mean names. Also, this was another opportunity for me to blend my text with the background.

• edited June 2018

My post wasn't meant to seem hostile towards you, I just felt like adding that into the discussion. I saw it.

ʎ̶ɐ̶ɹ̶ƃ̶ ̶ɹ̶ǝ̶ʇ̶ɥ̶ƃ̶ᴉ̶l̶ ̶ɹ̶o̶ɟ̶ ̶ϛ̶Ǝ̶ϛ̶Ǝ̶ϛ̶Ǝ̶ ̶p̶u̶ɐ̶ ̶ʎ̶ɐ̶ɹ̶ƃ̶ ̶ɹ̶ǝ̶ʞ̶ɹ̶ɐ̶p̶ ̶ɹ̶o̶ɟ̶ ̶Ǝ̶p̶Ɔ̶p̶q̶p̶ ̶ǝ̶ɹ̶ɐ̶ ̶s̶ǝ̶p̶o̶ɔ̶ ̶x̶ǝ̶ɥ̶ ̶ǝ̶ɥ̶ʇ̶ ̶o̶s̶l̶ɐ̶

....Did you see my hidden text??? Yours gives me the feeling you didn’t

• edited June 2018

Small little detail I noticed, she definitely resembles Season 2 more than ANF
    https://imgur.com/a/lfcxPbJ

https://imgur.com/a/slVxHqP

• It seems like they tweaked the ANF design by slightly enlarging the eyes, nose, and mouth. I caught that little bit in the video as well. When her eyes enlarged, I immediately thought about Season 2. That little bit almost has me sold on TFS's design

Small little detail I noticed, she definitely resembles Season 2 more than ANF https://imgur.com/a/lfcxPbJ https://imgur.com/a/slVxHqP

• Probably some, but not a ton from what I can see. Her model's a little more detailed and the color palette is different from ANF.

• Her skins looks really grey and pale to me. I suppose you wouldn't look too healthy in the zombie apocalypse.

• In this picture her eyes aren't as hazel as they used to be. they're more amber. Her eyebrows are thicker too

• Weren't her eyes off-brown in ANF anyway?

In this picture her eyes aren't as hazel as they used to be. they're more amber. Her eyebrows are thicker too

• I dont think so, they looked more like that in S2/ANF

DabigRG posted: »

Weren't her eyes off-brown in ANF anyway?

• Has anyone noticed that Clem's hair is no longer curly but more wavy since ANF? I kind of miss afro Clem...

• Yeah, it is kind of disappointing. I mean I guess it is kind of realistic. I used to have tighter curls when I was younger but now its wavy at best.

I have noticed though that Telltale has kind of forgotten that Clem is a girl of color. She might be 100% black or part Polynesian. There's a lot of debate over her actual race but she is of color. This photo proves so...

While there are lighter skinned people in the black and mixed community, ANF dialed back a lot of her more ethnic features, mainly slimming out the structure of her nose. This Final Season has added a bit more width to her nose but also paled out her skin tone (but it arguably looks similar to that of Season 1). But maybe a few tighter curls could make me a bit happier about her representation in the series.

eRock92 posted: »

Has anyone noticed that Clem's hair is no longer curly but more wavy since ANF? I kind of miss afro Clem...

• edited June 2018

Even if Ed/Diana isn't her original parent. Yay, token representation!

Yeah, it is kind of disappointing. I mean I guess it is kind of realistic. I used to have tighter curls when I was younger but now its wavy

• yeah it does seem they forgot she was black. Her features say otherwise.

Yeah, it is kind of disappointing. I mean I guess it is kind of realistic. I used to have tighter curls when I was younger but now its wavy

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2018

Her looking different is kind of a given, honestly. It hasn't been the same team that's worked on this game series all these years, after all. Different artists will have different design philosophies, and that carries over to the projects they're working on. Having a character's appearance go through varying degrees of change (sometimes minor changes, sometimes more fundamental differences like redesigning a character's entire face) is pretty common from what I've seen. At the end of the day though, I think the important thing about character design is ensuring that the character is inherently recognizable regardless of any changes/differences made to their appearance. If you look at all four Clementine designs, it's definitively still Clementine. For any and all differences you can make out, you still can't mistake any of her designs for being a completely different character.

Also another thing to take into consideration is that the technology has changed over the course of the series. With each season, we've seen different rendering styles, different shading systems, and different lighting techniques. And I'm almost certain some of the changes being mentioned are as simple as the way her model is being rendered, or the way the scene is being lit. Lighting and rendering make way more of a difference than you'd think. Clementine's S3 model in particular has a lot of lighting and rendering tricks managed by the game. Her raw model/textures don't look the same as she does in-game.

I will close this by saying that her S4 design is actually my second favorite iteration, just behind her S2 look.

• Really like how her hair is changing, It's an interesting look

In this picture her eyes aren't as hazel as they used to be. they're more amber. Her eyebrows are thicker too

• ehhh, I liked it better when it was poofy

Really like how her hair is changing, It's an interesting look

• It's a different look with just one pigtail.
    By the way, was the poof in the hair in ANF or a different season, I'm just making sure.

ehhh, I liked it better when it was poofy

• edited June 2018

Yah, She gone from being innocent and poofy to being more streamlined and dark. Like a penguin.

And don't get me started on the way she walks

ehhh, I liked it better when it was poofy

• was the poof in the hair in ANF or a different season

Her hair was more poofy in S1/S2. It was kinda there in ANF but not as much as in S1/S2

It's a different look with just one pigtail. By the way, was the poof in the hair in ANF or a different season, I'm just making sure.

• uhhhh....sure!

Yah, She gone from being innocent and poofy to being more streamlined and dark. Like a penguin. And don't get me started on the way she walks

Sign in to comment in this discussion.