Quick, casual Q&A with Melissa Hutchison & James Windeler

Comments

• Darn, I'm late. Oh well thank you for doing this AMA regardless :smile:

This new unscripted combat system is a very refreshing change of mechanics and a very ambitious gameplay jump for the series to make. Was there any influences from other games, either Telltale or otherwise, that helped contribute to this new system? Was this purely a result of fan feedback?

Also can we expect to battle other survivors or even animals with this unscripted system? (Forgive me if this was already answered)

• Why am I always away when you guys do stuff like this? I missed the TFTBL one, I missed the ANF one, and now this. Why does this keep happening to me?

I do love seeing this stuff and hope to see it happen more in the future.

• Will characters like Christa ever come back to this seris? It's been a very long time and im just wondering if she will possibly return to the final season.

• edited June 2018

@mostlypoptarts The footage we got today, who are the two people in the background behind Ten? Do they play important roles? Ps I really want to see Violet in-game ;)

• Will the endings in season 2 have an impact in Season 4?

• To this..I would say they decided to do the game after the time jump...so any thing that woulda happen...either did or did not. Plus given how much people loved ANF...I really can not blame them for distancing S4 from it.

So I guess these are thrown out the window

• So...What you're saying is since the Garcia family isn't in TFS...you killed Kenny in a five minute flashback to help move a side story forward that will have almost no effect on the main story line.

...I refuse to believe this is the same writing team behind The Enemy Within

I love you but dear Lord who is the one pitching this? That is the worst excuse for writing I think I've ever seen. Again I love you all but I know you can be better than this!

• I believe it's possible that killing Kenny had nothing to do with season 4's writing team and maybe they'd have kept him alive still if it was their call. Depending on some playthroughs Kenny might still be alive..Season 3 was also purposely sabatoged in a lot of ways at the last minute and I'd be quite interested in hearing how you'd write a greater story with the Garcia's contribution in season 4..always a neat treat to hear from an expert on how they'd approach a situation.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

So...What you're saying is since the Garcia family isn't in TFS...you killed Kenny in a five minute flashback to help move a side story forw

• Did Clem have a romance in Season 3? I do not remember...

stitchfan08 posted: »

Could clem have a romance in season 4 like how u did in season 3

• They also said that the choices of the 1st season would matter, so it does not make much difference.

qualityrice posted: »

Really Telltale? You promised us the ANF endings would matter and NOT get thrown away for the second time... great thanks a lot I guess I played both season 2 and ANF for absolutely nothing then

• None that I can recall, not sure what they're talking about. There wasn't any romance involving Clementine in Season 3.

Firefox1972 posted: »

Did Clem have a romance in Season 3? I do not remember...

• It was a crush on Gabe but by now I'm sure it's gone now

Firefox1972 posted: »

Did Clem have a romance in Season 3? I do not remember...

• eh for the best, Joan and Clint are terrible characters

So I guess these are thrown out the window

• Yes, 99% of the players including me want Clementine to be the main focus in season 4, MAIN FOCUS. If Telltale are introducing a big teenage cast, why not make player choices matter and bring back a few determinant characters like David, Kate and Gabe etc?

1) No Garcias doesn't mean Clem's choices from ANF aren't likely to matter, or that the events of ANF didn't leave an impact on her 2) Didn

• You wish, in my game Gabe is alive, she better come back to Richmond to bang him.

stitchfan08 posted: »

It was a crush on Gabe but by now I'm sure it's gone now

• Like, bang him over the head with a baseball bat until he's dead. Yes, I agree.

Kaelthas posted: »

You wish, in my game Gabe is alive, she better come back to Richmond to bang him.

• nope

None that I can recall, not sure what they're talking about. There wasn't any romance involving Clementine in Season 3.

• edited June 2018

Man, I missed this?

If it reaches anybody by this point:
    Where in the world does this Season take place? Up north? South? East? West?

Can we get an idea of which season this takes place in (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)? Just to know what the environment might be, what forces of nature to look out for...

Good luck with the Final Season!

• Just to know what the environment might be, what forces of nature to look out for...

Freakin tornados, man. Some soccer-ball-sized hail here and there. And all in the middle of an ECLIPSE! I don't know how they are going to survive. :/

AChicken posted: »

Man, I missed this? If it reaches anybody by this point: Where in the world does this Season take place? Up north? South? East? West?

• Oh wait, this is an actual Q&A thing?

Okay, um...how has it been to "interact" with the Boarding School Group thus far?

• I think you're on to something.

Telltale's next style: D-grade movies.
    How about... Zombie-nado!

Just to know what the environment might be, what forces of nature to look out for... Freakin tornados, man. Some soccer-ball-sized hail here and there. And all in the middle of an ECLIPSE! I don't know how they are going to survive.

• If the García family are not returning in The Final Season, then what was the point of introducing them if you are not going to expand on them and making them the main focus of A New Frontier? Why was there a choice at the end of A New Frontier whether to bring AJ back to Richmond or not? My Javier told Clementine to bring AJ back to Richmond, so will this choice be thrown out the window? A New Frontier seems pointless if it doesn’t effect The Final Season. What about Joan/Clint, I let Joan live, expecting her to show up in Episode 5, but she was not present. Why make these choices if they will not effect in a later Episode/Season? All I’m saying is that, not bringing back the García family is a huge mistake as actually some of us want them to return, it would be a wasted potential, heck I would be happy if they all got a cameo and determinantly appears for players if they wanted them to return. I know this is Clementine’s story but why is there so many plot holes in A New Frontier? Please make previous Seasons choices matter. Please... @mostlypoptarts

• Made my week right there. Thank god.

We're still in active development on later episodes, but it's unlikely the Garcias will appear in The Final Season. We're really focused on telling Clementine's story. -James

• Will there be multiple ending depending of the player's choices

• Oh my god, sk8eracel, you can't jusk ask Telltale if there will be multiple endings.

sk8erace1 posted: »

Will there be multiple ending depending of the player's choices

• At this point they'll sloppily add them into episode four and kill them all off. Javi was my favorite part of ANF so for his sake, I hope they just let sleeping dogs lie. If they're not using them right off the bat then I think it's hopeless.

If the García family are not returning in The Final Season, then what was the point of introducing them if you are not going to expand on th

• i hope kenny returns if you entered wellington

• edited June 2018

Will other characters comment on Clementine’s scars in The Final Season as A New Frontier characters didn’t acknowledge them? It would be cool to see returning/new characters, asking what happened to her that caused that particular scar/injury... @mostlypoptarts

• edited June 2018

My man... you need to relax with the tagging... you tag her a LOT! I'm sure she reads the forums a lot

Will other characters comment on Clementine’s scars in The Final Season as A New Frontier characters didn’t acknowledge them? It would be co

• @mostIypoptarts I agree!

My man... you need to relax with the tagging... you tag her a LOT! I'm sure she reads the forums a lot

• edited June 2018

That would be a nice addition and a way to make past choices have an influence in the final season. Hopefully something like that will happen. Telltale please!

Will other characters comment on Clementine’s scars in The Final Season as A New Frontier characters didn’t acknowledge them? It would be co

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

@thewalkingclementine @OfficialMonkey @BetterToSleep I mean... I'm reading the forums at 11:20pm on a Thursday. So that's saying something.

Unrelated, but I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to return to this thread this week. As I'm sure you saw, it was pretty busy for us!

I'm hoping we'll be able to do more AMAs either here or on Reddit before the season starts!

• In this season will we get anymore lines from Clem to help inspire the people around her?

• Will The Final Season be thus far the most darkest, goriest and saddest Season yet?

• Really bad idea imho. Everyone who stayed with him would be so ripped off

i hope kenny returns if you entered wellington

• edited June 2018

Was A New Frontier all for nothing, if the García's are not returning? Like why was there a choice wether to bring back AJ to Richmond? Looks like past choices are not mattering again :#

• edited June 2018
    1. Can we expect to see any sort of Flashbacks to tie up any Loose Ends from A New Frontier (and or show how Clementine found AJ)?
    2. Can we expect to see any optional dialogues to provide some backstory for the new Characters?
  • Will we get shoutouts and maybe even something like flashbacks for characters besides Kenny, Jane, or even Lee?

• You bunch of goofs, Telltale already gave the answer to all of your questions :tongue:

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Ok.... this got me. Haha.

Still - I'm going to try and get a dev AMA on the forums once during July and once probably the week after 401 launch. Sound good?

Cocoa2736 posted: »

You bunch of goofs, Telltale already gave the answer to all of your questions

This discussion has been closed.