Who is the returning character? (Returning characters officially confirmed!)
On the latest interview about The Final Season, Creative Director Kent Muddle outright confirms that there will be returning characters this season (something interesting considering on the previous interviews, both Melissa and James seemed to have reservations about commenting on returning characters at all):
Interviewer: I must say that I'm pretty excited that Clementine is back as the main character but can we expect to see more of Javier too?
Kent: We will not be seeing the Garcias in this season. There will be some returning character from previous seasons, but not Javier specifically.
Now, besides leaving it clear as water we will be getting returning characters, and that those characters are not part of the ANF cast (God bless), Kent curiously pauses to specify that there will be some returning characters coming back. It could be simply over analyzing, but could Kent be implying that we will be getting more than one returning character?
Now for the actual speculation:
- How do you feel about returning characters in general? (Do you think it's credible and realistic, or utterly immersion breaking and overdone?)
- Do you believe there will be more than one returning character?
Who do you think this character is? (And if you believe there might be more than one character returning, who do you think they are?)
- Do you think this is necessarily someone from Clem's past, or do you think it could be someone from 400 days or even Michonne (Nate, Eddie, Sam, Paige...)?
What role do you believe this(these) character(s) will play in the story?
- Do you believe it a good writing decision to include them? Or does it smell too much like senseless fan service?
- James mentioned that adults will represent an "outside thread". With pretty much every single contender for the returning character role being an adult (side from Alex and James in Michonne), what are the chances the retuning character plays an antagonistic role?
Finally, could returning characters simply mean flashback cameos?
Post your thoughts down below!
Link link to IGN's interview: click/tap (00:53 - Kent's confirmation)
Link to the PC Gamer interview: click/tap (1:41:35 - Adults as the external threat)