Who is the returning character? (Returning characters officially confirmed!)

Comments

• edited June 2018

Something like that, yes. Basically, do those flashbacks have any correlation to the comics?

Tewudin posted: »

You mean like did the events of the Miniseries were even mentioned in the comics or what? I don't seem to understand your question.

• Not... really... I mean, it'd be hard for Kirkman, since there are multiple choices in the Miniseries and none is canonical so no. As far as I'm aware, the events of the miniseries were ignored in the comics.

DabigRG posted: »

Something like that, yes. Basically, do those flashbacks have any correlation to the comics?

• Ah, well then, Colette and Elodie? Meet Lilly.

Not... really... I mean, it'd be hard for Kirkman, since there are multiple choices in the Miniseries and none is canonical so no. As far as I'm aware, the events of the miniseries were ignored in the comics.

• Colette and Elodie are both comics characters so Kirkman can do with them whatever he wants in the future. To make it easy for you, the only comic characters from the series were Michonne, Siddiq (who I believe was introduced in the comics after the events of the miniseries, if we're talking about the timeline of the events) and Pete (same as Siddiq). Also Michonne's daughters. All of those characters were created by Kirkman and they're in the comics in some form or another so it's not like Kirkman forgot about them. :)

Ah, well then, Colette and Elodie? Meet Lilly.

• To make it easy for you, the only comic characters from the series were Michonne, Siddiq (who I believe was introduced in the comics after the events of the miniseries, if we're talking about the timeline of the events) and Pete (same as Siddiq)

Is that so, now? I was under the impression they were characters who were in the comics beforehand alongside Michonne at some point.
    Guess Siddiq wasn't quite as pointless as I thought then.

Colette and Elodie are both comics characters so Kirkman can do with them whatever he wants in the future. To make it easy for you, the only

• To be fair, all of those characters first appeared in the comics. Its just that in terms of the timeline of the events, miniseries is taking place before they first appeared in the comics. At the same time when we're talking about release of the comics and the game, they first appeared in the comics and then in the miniseries.

To make it easy for you, the only comic characters from the series were Michonne, Siddiq (who I believe was introduced in the comics after t

• Glenn is dead

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

The only people who could make an appearance are Christa, Lilly, Glenn, Molly, Mike, Bonnie, Arvo, and probably a 400 Days character. If they're bringing back a teenager, that leaves Gabriel, Becca, and James(Michonne). Just my guess.

• How the fuck did I miss this post?

On that last note, boy, did E3 really mess with my better Gabe ending posts or what?
    Also, yeah, now that I think about it, Becca and Arvo are almost certainly an adult now.

The only people who could make an appearance are Christa, Lilly, Glenn, Molly, Mike, Bonnie, Arvo, and probably a 400 Days character. If they're bringing back a teenager, that leaves Gabriel, Becca, and James(Michonne). Just my guess.

• did E3 really mess with my better Gabe ending posts or what?

Wdym?

How the fuck did I miss this post? On that last note, boy, did E3 really mess with my better Gabe ending posts or what? Also, yeah, now that I think about it, Becca and Arvo are almost certainly an adult now.

• edited June 2018

So, to get straight to the point, the worst/bad ending of ANF is the Teamup to Save Richmond ending, where among other things, Gabe outright dies. There's a couple of reasons why that aspect in itself bothers me, but I'll focus on the fact that it didn't really fit with how his character [arc] had been going up to that point and felt like something of a [habitual] copout.

Ultimately, I went as far as to say that the [downer?] ending would've worked much better as a "Gabe Leaves/Self-Exiles" type of thing. Somewhat overwhelmed with some combination of guilt and shame, Gabe would decide that it'd be better if he just left so Javier and Kate can live their lives together without anything. Obviously, he's clearly not thinking straight in the wake of all of the loss that's occurred and there'd be an option to talk some sense into him that is dependent on your relationship with him , but in one of the less positive scenarios, Javier and Clementine wouldn't [be able to] convince him and could only see him off as leaves Richmond down the road his dad was angrily driving them on, feeling bad that things got that bad within him and having to come up with someway to explain not bringing him back to Kate.

So naturally, this would inevitably spark discussion/debate about where he's possibly going, whether letting him go or talking him out of it was the right thing, and of course, could he return in a future installment--like, say, "Clementine's Story." And then, when that video featuring little interview and clips with the crew that both precedes and reveals the fact that the next game is in fact The Final Season.

Which, among other things, would probably encourage debate about whether Gabe could show up there if you got that ending, should he be involved in it, how might he be involved in and/or influence it, and, most importantly, whether he'd have any real relevance or even precedence of showing up there. I won't say how the debate on that point would be outlined and represented, but I will point out that those with the proper amount of Fridge Logic at the time would correctly realize that he in fact won't be in it and that [those who got] that ending would be the last time he's seen in the soon-to-be-ending series....

And then last E3(or whatever it was) happened.... :expressionless:

did E3 really mess with my better Gabe ending posts or what? Wdym?

• If you're asking me if your custom ending could work with how TFS is looking so far, then my answer for you is possibly. But, keep in mind I didn't do full, extensive research on the details that were leaked on TFS at E3. I'm just basing my answer on what I remember hearing(my memory span is no better than a Chihuahua's).

I hope I answered your question :D :D :D I'm not sure if I did tbh

So, to get straight to the point, the worst/bad ending of ANF is the Teamup to Save Richmond ending, where among other things, Gabe outright

• Christa or Lilly are the most likely candidates to return. But the more I think about it, the more I think that it could be Arvo. He could be lurking around the boarding school and we happen to run into him

• Actually, my point was that the discussion, speculation, and fridge logic involved in Gabe being a possible return for The Final Season was inherently rendered moot by the Boarding School Premise.

If you're asking me if your custom ending could work with how TFS is looking so far, then my answer for you is possibly. But, keep in mind I

• Considering he's at least 3 years older than Clementine, that kinda sounds really creepy.

Christa or Lilly are the most likely candidates to return. But the more I think about it, the more I think that it could be Arvo. He could be lurking around the boarding school and we happen to run into him

• What about Mike?? Remember in season 2 when they took out the choice to shoot him? Maybe they WANTED him to be unknown... I don’t know about you guys but I thought Mike had potential and his character was wasted.. hopefully we can just kill Arvo and have Mike lol

• Definitely. And maybe come to the school and become best pals with Marlon.

Leegendary posted: »

What about Mike?? Remember in season 2 when they took out the choice to shoot him? Maybe they WANTED him to be unknown... I don’t know about

• Other way around. Kill Mike and have Arvo.

What about Mike?? Remember in season 2 when they took out the choice to shoot him? Maybe they WANTED him to be unknown... I don’t know about

• Why Arvo tho lol

Other way around. Kill Mike and have Arvo.

• Probably because there's actually a specific connection and differences to be followed up on and potentially resolved with him.

Why Arvo tho lol

• It would be messed up, but clever by what they mean by there will be none of the García family is because they all died. Just a guess. Hey, I'm no expert.

• clever

That's an unfunny way of spelling uninspired

It would be messed up, but clever by what they mean by there will be none of the García family is because they all died. Just a guess. Hey, I'm no expert.

• My Arvo, at worst, shot Clem by accident. Mike still attacked Christa and left children without supplies. First chance I get, Mike's going down.

Why Arvo tho lol

• Mike never attacked Christa...

My Arvo, at worst, shot Clem by accident. Mike still attacked Christa and left children without supplies. First chance I get, Mike's going down.

• He was the guy with the hood who said "Cut the shit, lady." He had a different voice and name at the time (like Natasha), but his voice actor confirmed it's the same guy.

Mike never attacked Christa...

• That was a scrapped plot point IIRC the guy who you're thinking of is named Ralph, it wasn't Mike.

He was the guy with the hood who said "Cut the shit, lady." He had a different voice and name at the time (like Natasha), but his voice actor confirmed it's the same guy.

• If Lilly and Christa aren't in it, it's a big fail.

• @enzeruanimefan posted: »
    My Arvo, at worst, shot Clem by accident. Mike still attacked Christa and left children without supplies. First chance I get, Mike's going down.
    He was the guy with the hood who said "Cut the shit, lady." He had a different voice and name at the time (like Natasha), but his voice actor confirmed it's the same guy.

@ScottishFleming posted: »
    Mike never attacked Christa...

@Cocoa2736 posted: »
    That was a scrapped plot point IIRC the guy who you're thinking of is named Ralph, it wasn't Mike.

Eh, you can go either way about that, honestly. At least until he hypothetically returns for expanding and development.

• It was scrapped therefore it wasn't Mike.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

That was a scrapped plot point IIRC the guy who you're thinking of is named Ralph, it wasn't Mike.

• Returning...characters?

Oh, I hope...

You know which ones I'm super eager to make a return.

• I feel like when it comes to living characters, the most likely characters are Christa and Lily. However, I think Christa is more likely. However, I also think Lee may come back in a flashback, as this is the final season.

• It would be just as bad with them returning than without because i don’t think Season 4 will be a success anyway. Just my opinion based on Telltale these days

Torridd posted: »

If Lilly and Christa aren't in it, it's a big fail.

• I’m just going to make a list of characters that could be alive determinate or not

• Molly (determinate)
    • Lilly
    • St John brothers
    • Christa
    • Vernon
    • Cast of 400 days
    • Mike
    • Bonnie
    • Arvo
    • Jane (determinate, alone ending)
    • Kenny (determinate, Wellington ending)

These are just characters that are possibly alive not ones that I think will come back.

• vernons dead and bonnies determinant

• Christa - Probably Dead
    Molly - Determinant
    Lilly - Yeah, she cool
    Mike - Determinant (There's gonna be some people who got to kill him)
    Glenn - Met Lucille
    Bonnie - Determinant
    Arvo - Fuck Arvo

• edited July 2018

This is the list of characters that could come back that I know

Nate - Unknown
    Wyatt - Unknown
    Vince - Unknown
    Russel - Unknown
    Becca - Unknown
    Shel - Unknown
    Bonnie - Determinant
    Tavia - Unknown
    Randy - Unknown
    Patricia - Unknown
    Gill - Unknown
    Kenny - Determinant
    Jane - Determinant
    Christa - Unknown
    Joan - Determinant
    Clint - Determinant
    Clive - Unknown
    Joyce - Unknown
    Eddie - Unknown
    Molly - Determinant
    Lilly - Unknown
    Mike - Determinant/Unknown
    Arvo - Unknown
    Leland - Determinant
    Max - Determinant
    Fern - Unknown
    Glenn - Kirkman
    Hershel - Kirkman
    Michonne - Kirkman
    Eleanor - Unknown
    Jesus - Kirkman
    Conrad - Determinant
    Lingard - Determinant
    Lonnie - Determinant
    Edith - Unknown
    Sarah - She Deserved Better
    Danny - Determinant
    Bennet - Determinant
    Justin - Determinant
    Boyd - Determinant
    Anna - Unknown
    Andew St. John - Determinant
    Danny St. John - Determinant
    Andre - Unknown

PICK YOUR FIGHTER

• edited June 2018

was molly even confirmed to have died in that scene thought? If i remember right Lee and the others just kind of assume she died since in that scene since you can see her running towards the other end of hallway when lee Runs out of bullets so if Kenny can survive that hallway of walkers i think Molly can survive those walkers too.

Creeper1846 posted: »

I’m just going to make a list of characters that could be alive determinate or not * Molly (determinate) * Lilly * St John brothers

• Clint, Leland and max are also determinant

Sheol- posted: »

This is the list of characters that could come back that I know Nate - Unknown Wyatt - Unknown Vince - Unknown Russel - Unknown Becca

• I'm sure she didn't die there, we didn't see her die so we can't say she's determinant. She was shot yeah but she also had 2 exits to go through. She seemed to handle herself well even when shot.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

was molly even confirmed to have died in that scene thought? If i remember right Lee and the others just kind of assume she died since in th

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2018

The returning character is AJ. 100% confirmed.

Actually, I got no idea. I would think if someone was brought back they'd be relevant to Clementine (i.e. Christa), but I'd also wouldn't be surprised if a returning character was someone Clementine never met.

• edited June 2018

Wait Molly is determinate?

Creeper1846 posted: »

I’m just going to make a list of characters that could be alive determinate or not * Molly (determinate) * Lilly * St John brothers

Sign in to comment in this discussion.