Road To Survival - Season 4 Event Hype Thread!

edited July 2018 in The Walking Dead

For those unfamiliar: Road To Survival is a strategic turn based app based on and around The Walking Dead, produced by Scopely and published by Skybound.
This means that unlike the AMC one, they have easy permission to the rights and usage of TellTale characters, so since launching about 2 and a half years ago they've had 3 TellTale events: 1 early on for season 1, 1 to go with the Michonne Miniseries and 1 to go with season 3. So at this point a season 4 event is all but guaranteed, so I think having a central thread to track it all would be useful.

Details on the actual event are nearly nonexistant, but tyronebiggums on the Scopely forums posted an email he got

So far: We've gotten 1 character from it. Kinda. Sorta. Maybe.
It was a "Done Running" Jesus that a lot of the forum was confused about. Why is Jesus returning? Why isn't it following the 3 word naming convention anymore? Why a lot of things, but the TellTale logo is there, so... I guess it counts?

In terms of unofficial leaks we've seen a Rosie who is a bound weapon for Marlon. If that sounds weird: it is.

A list of reported characters was also leaked containing:
Javier
Violet
Louis
Jesus (confirmed and released)
Marlon and Rosie (half leaked)

And on the purely speculating side: Kenny and Carely have been added to a future ascendable list so it wouldn't surprise me if they were released in the midst of it to keep with the theme.

Comments

• Excited as hell for this...Very interested to see if Javier is ACTUALLY in the S4 pack

• Calling something now after seeing the email, Marlon is the Kenny of The Final Season. As in he’s the third most important character. But hey, maybe the returning character will steal the spotlight mid season. That already happened once.

In the documentary that came with the GOTY edition, someone said that Kenny is Lee’s most important friendship after Clementine. Marlon will be the Kenny of TFS. Marlon is the most important character after AJ.

S1=Lee, Clem, and Kenny
    S4=Clem, AJ, and Marlon

• Yay, Uncle Javi is back. Kill me now.

• Wait, what email?

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Calling something now after seeing the email, Marlon is the Kenny of The Final Season. As in he’s the third most important character. But he

• I wonder what Michonne is doing there? That can’t possibly mean anything, right?

• The presence of Michonne and Jesus is troubling. I've said it once and I'll say it again... plot armored comic characters add little to nothing to the game and they have no business being in the last 4 episodes we will ever get with Clementine.

• edited July 2018

the fact that Both michonne and jesus are here kind of make me feel like the actual returning characters will be the survivors from the Michonne game and that Michonne and jesus are just there for the first episode much like Glenn and hershel in season 1 ((Althought i still want to see Lily...)).
    As for Javier he s probably just gonna be in a flashback scene when season 4 comes out so they can explain why Clem s not in Richmond.

• Michonne probably won’t appear. She may only be in the image to show that the Telltale Event applies to each Telltale Walking Dead game and characters

• edited July 2018

Is Rosie dodging or quacking?

... oh no

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Calling something now after seeing the email, Marlon is the Kenny of The Final Season. As in he’s the third most important character. But he

• The Final Season is going to feel really cheesy again with the return of Jesus. I hope he gets devoured by walkers.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited July 2018

If I had to go out on a limb, I'm guessing 'Done Running' is going to be the name of a series of roadmap missions, or something like that. You know, given that the advert mentions playing "never-before-seen storylines."

Seriously though, it should be noted that while this game has had a few Telltale events, they've pretty much been loose adaptations of the games. For example, they had a story mission once that was pretty much their version of the bandit raid in episode 3. Or another time, they had this spin-off story about two original characters trying to get to Prescott while being hunted by Badger and Max. Jesus being a part of it doesn't necessarily mean he's gonna be in TFS. It could simply be Scopley deciding to add him as part of whatever they're planning to do.

• Telltale Event begins on July 24th and may be active for around 2 to 3 weeks

• edited July 2018

Yep, a calander update has a confirmed start time! HYPE

Note: The upcoming Telltale Multi-Week Event will start on Tuesday 07/17/2018 @ 12pm PT More details will be communicated closer to the event going live!

Also Michonne in the email probably means nothing. RTS just uses her as a sort of mascot. Their profile pic on their special media and the app icon is Michonne's face. It's probably just reusing art for ease.

• edited July 2018

Okay, VK leaks was busy last night (this is a condensed version, if you wanna see everything: https://vk.com/twdrts_hack)! So far we've got some roadmap and stash details. It seems they're doing TellTale tokens similar to last year with the season 3 event, except saying

Redeem TellTale Tokens for Gear and Trainers

I.E. generic garbage rather than actual TellTale characters. I swear to god if they put a 2 star shotgun in there again....

Collections is a reference to museum collections, which was just like last year.

And now... the important stuff: The very first TellTale 6 star is revealed!

And it is baffling!

Yeah, it seems Done Running either has some serious flashbacks or nothing to do with season 4 and is just Scopely's greatest hits as it were, because there is a 0% chance Lee isn't anything but super dead by now.

Anyways, it looks like they have the collections operating like a mix of last year's New Frontier event and the Lori login event from a few moths ago, wherein roadmap completion nets you items you turn in for collections, then you use the previous collections rewards and more items to get the next and if you can get Lee to level 80 before they end you can use the collection to avoid ascension cost like with Lori.

Regardless: 2 hours to launch!

• edited July 2018

Official blog got an update I missed:

NEW TELLTALE EVENT!
    7/16/2018
    Telltale’s The Walking Dead is back!
    In order to celebrate Telltale’s fourth and final season of The Walking Dead, we're bringing you a 4 week event with new characters, roadmaps and tons of great prizes!
    Starting On Tuesday, July 17, play through new Telltale themed roadmaps & compete in tournaments to earn collectible items and Telltale tokens.

Finish all of the collections and earn a brand new LEGENDARY Lee, plus his shotgun.
    Use your Telltale tokens to get the gear and mods you need to make him stronger!
    Check back for more information on the new characters and event updates over the next 4 weeks!

TELLTALE EVENT SCHEDULE
    School Patch & Igniters Roadmap:
    2018-07-17 19:00 UTC - 2018-07-20 19:00 UTC
    2018-07-24 19:00 UTC - 2018-07-27 19:00 UTC
    2018-07-31 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-03 19:00 UTC
    2018-08-07 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-10 19:00 UTC

Markers Roadmap (Requires School Patches & Igniters):
    2018-07-17 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-14 19:00 UTC

Sticks Roadmap (Requires School Patches & Igniters):
    2018-07-23 19:00 UTC - 2018-07-25 19:00 UTC
    2018-07-29 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-01 19:00 UTC
    2018-08-05 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-08 19:00 UTC
    2018-08-12 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-14 19:00 UTC

Scarves Roadmap (Requires School Patches & Igniters):
    2018-07-17 19:00 UTC - 2018-07-20 19:00 UTC
    2018-07-24 19:00 UTC - 2018-07-27 19:00 UTC
    2018-07-31 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-03 19:00 UTC
    2018-08-07 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-10 19:00 UTC

Chemistry Book Raid Drops:
    2018-07-17 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-14 19:00 UTC

Telltale Collections 1-4:
    2018-07-17 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-14 22:00 UTC

Telltale Stash 1 & 2:
    2018-07-17 19:00 UTC - 2018-08-14 22:00 UTC

Be sure to look out for Sticks & Scarves in Level Up and Survival Road Tournaments!

Also Scopely screwed up and posted the TellTale IV collection early with a placeholder Andrea instead of Lee. Whoops.

• And it's live!
    Let the grind begin!!!

• edited July 2018

So, my thoughts so far: the system of roadmaps they've got going is extremely convoluted but manageable once you get a hang of it. Low world energy costs for getting igniters means a lot of very cheap farming if you want to rerun the marker levels. And there's a few... hmm... oversights by Scopely baked in that I won't reveal here since they could see it and fix it. If you know what I'm talking about: Shhhhhh :#
    Lee's shotgun isn't bad, especially for new players, but will require some work before it's usable in the higher up metas. That 30% defense is a great jumping off point though and I'm probably gonna see if I can get and imapir and huge bonus in the other 2 slots. But at its vanilla state it's not a bad compliment to his leader skill.
    Lee himself, is again: alright. Probably best on defense. That AR could tear up an attacking team if it's finely tuned support due to the confuse and bonus defense. Leader skill is solid (I prefer Eugene's though since it means the attacker can't get a complete trait advantage). I think he'll be really useful to new players.

All and all: not a bad start. They really should simplify the what's dropping when and where for the collections, or at least publicize it more.

EDIT: I forgot to talk about the stash! Yeah, it's garbage. Low tier gear like that is insanely easily farmable now to anyone over level 50 and trainers are pretty basic fodder. The sheer numbers may be useful but I'd prefer some Liliths or even old outdated garbage stats TellTale characters.

• I seriously recommend watching Lockdown and his videos on Road To Survival as he usually goes into quite a lot of detail on upcoming new characters and so on. Please feel free to subscribe to him :smile: and thank you @Joe_Momma for making this discussion :smile:

• I found Lockdown a few months back from one of his posts on the RTS Subreddit. While Just A Box is in my region he always kinda came off as rather elitist. PTP standards don't help FTP players!
    Lockdown is a lot more down to earth and a TellTale fanatic to boot! I really enjoy his stuff.

I seriously recommend watching Lockdown and his videos on Road To Survival as he usually goes into quite a lot of detail on upcoming new characters and so on. Please feel free to subscribe to him and thank you @Joe_Momma for making this discussion

• I haven’t watched Just A Box. Does he produce good content? And yeah Lockdown sounds very chill and relaxed in his videos. I always get excited when I see my Sub box has his newest video.

Just curious but are there any other Road To Survival YouTubers?

Joe_Momma posted: »

I found Lockdown a few months back from one of his posts on the RTS Subreddit. While Just A Box is in my region he always kinda came off as

• Considering he's a comic character I wouldn't count on it

The Final Season is going to feel really cheesy again with the return of Jesus. I hope he gets devoured by walkers.

• edited July 2018

Violet is a new Ascendable character in Road To Survival. I would share an image but I don’t know how :disappointed:

UPDATE: Violet also has her own dedicated Roadmap. So I recommend checking it out. I am currently playing through it :smile:

• So something interesting here...Ascendance Lee's title has been changed from 'Done Running' to the S1 episode 5 title 'No Time Left'

• edited July 2018

Damn, you guys beat me to it!
    Yep, Violet is up (but not available anywhere yet? I assume she'll be the next premiere toon after Andrea ends in about 4 and half hours).
    Also some naming updates: Violet is listed as Done Running and Lee was changed to No Time Left (even though he never used a rifle in it, why would he be tough?). So it seems that Done Running is an episode title? I don't know...

Also Violet's story roadmap is up. I'll run and get back to yall.

• I'm about halfway through the second stage of Violet's story and here are my observations:

• Violet calls the walker's deadheads
    • Her and Clem seem to work well together while scavenging for supplies and dealing with both walkers and hostile survivors
    • She seems pretty savage, choosing to kill the survivors while Clem wanted to run. She ends up creating a plan where she uses walkers to weaken the hostile group and then swoops in to finish them off
  • edited July 2018

Violet calls the walker's deadheads

Clem did too at one point and that bothered me more than it should've.

Anyways... so after saving for MONTHS on end I've done 20 pulls for Violet. And I have dick all to show for it. This is only the 1st in probably a long line of premier toons Scopely is gonna crank out over a multiweek event and I've already wasted most of my nest egg on it attempts for it. Scopely has been getting more and more hostile to their FTP base these past few months and after today... it's really starting to get to me.
    So much so I decided to make a point of it over on their forums. Swing by, place your vote and help a brother out would you? https://forums.scopely.com/t/question-for-ftp-players/26043

• I never try pulling for toons with coins anymore... gotta wait for a stash with a guaranteed 6*.

Violet calls the walker's deadheads Clem did too at one point and that bothered me more than it should've. Anyways... so after

• Definitely. I remember when ANF Clementine was first released and I spent $30 trying to get her. Only ended up getting 1 5-Star character and the rest was either 4-Star or 3-Star characters.

I never try pulling for toons with coins anymore... gotta wait for a stash with a guaranteed 6*.

• Well, my Tapjoy offer finally came in (had to contact their customer support and wait a day and a half, of course) so I did a 10 pull.

Nothing. Not even a single 5 star. So after 30 pulls from about 5 months of saving I have 28 fodder, 1 outdated 5 star and a repeat of one of the worst legends (who's also FTP) in the entire game. I don't know how Scopely expects FTP players to function with metrics like that.

• Remind me, who’s the worst legend to get in the game? Imo, it’s Gator.

Well, my Tapjoy offer finally came in (had to contact their customer support and wait a day and a half, of course) so I did a 10 pull. No

• Nah, he's good on walker levels for faction support. It'd probably be Beta, Morgan or Maggie. They're all basically punching bags.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Remind me, who’s the worst legend to get in the game? Imo, it’s Gator.

• edited July 2018

So a stick roadmap is up. You need igniters to run it and the igniters map is down but will be back up before the sticks map is down. See earlier post for exact details. God this system is weird.

Also a bit of old news but eagle eyed players will have noticed that the TellTale Collection 4 does not consume Lee when completed, unlike the Lori log-in one a few months ago. In other words: If you complete it: you will get two Lees. This was confirmed by JB on the forums. While it's likely an oversight he said it will stay that way. Given that you will need a lot of scarves and stick, it's unclear if FTP players will be able to, but god I hope so. Start stocking your trainers now just in case.

Speaking of FTP and Lee, 2nd scarf map is coming in tomorrow so if you cleared your first 3 milestones on the right events Lee is yours once you finish it! Which is great because after pulling 6 million in the last faction level up I really need some leveling fodder...

• Is it worth playing the game ?

• How can i get those igniters ?

So a stick roadmap is up. You need igniters to run it and the igniters map is down but will be back up before the sticks map is down. See ea

• Bags will drop when playing/replaying the patches roadmap. Opening those will net you from 100 to 1000 of them. You'll probably have to farm a bit if you don't have a good drop lead but at 4 energy a pop, it's not bad.

AceFTW posted: »

How can i get those igniters ?

• BIG NEWS!!!

My boi Kenny just dropped outta nowhere! Thankfully I've been sitting on him maxed for about 2 months with a stockpile of Bennies and ascendance medals so...

I really like him. He's got a +36 crit to all ranged, large drop bonus leader skill and his AR damages, heals, and gives crit. He's a serious universal drop lead.
    In addition, with the scarf map done I got Lee too!

Now I'm gonna BUST MY ASS to get him maxed so that I can get 2.
    All in all: fantastic day. Feels good man.

• I got my 5* ascendable Lee and was surprised to see that i was able to keep Lee's shotgun. I was under the impression that it gets consumed when I complete the collection to get Lee.

Does this mean that when I complete the collection for 6* Lee that I will keep my 5* Lee? What is the purpose of having two Lee's?

And in other news I really want that 6* Kenny... I was hoping to get the blue 5* before the ascended version dropped. Is it going to be infinitely harder to get 6* Kenny now?

• edited July 2018

Yeah, I mentioned the collections not consuming things in a previous post.

Also a bit of old news but eagle eyed players will have noticed that the TellTale Collection 4 does not consume Lee when completed, unlike the Lori log-in one a few months ago. In other words: If you complete it: you will get two Lees. This was confirmed by JB on the forums. While it's likely an oversight he said it will stay that way. Given that you will need a lot of scarves and stick, it's unclear if FTP players will be able to, but god I hope so. Start stocking your trainers now just in case.

I believe that Kenny is the most common of the current run of legacy ascendables (except for arguably Carely since she's available through ascendance) being available through Prestige tokens (which have crap odds), elite character tokens (although outside war crates they're a rarity), and 5 star tokens (how I got mine, and your best bet by far). I don't see any of that changing anytime soon, so... no? Hopefully?

I got my 5* ascendable Lee and was surprised to see that i was able to keep Lee's shotgun. I was under the impression that it gets consumed

• Ah nice, thanks for the info! I hope I'll be able to pull for Kenny, although I've never gotten an ascendable from any of those tokens. Side question: do you have to be prestige level 12 in order to get a 6* with the supply tokens?

Yeah, I mentioned the collections not consuming things in a previous post. Also a bit of old news but eagle eyed players will have not

• edited July 2018

There are no 6 stars per say in the depot, just ascendable 5 stars. No, you don't need to be prestige 12 to get them for the most part. I think there aren't any locked behind it? I know for a fact that Larger World Andrea, Governor and All Out War Maggie aren't, and I'm pretty sure that Duane isn't. No idea about The Wanderer.

Ah nice, thanks for the info! I hope I'll be able to pull for Kenny, although I've never gotten an ascendable from any of those tokens. Side question: do you have to be prestige level 12 in order to get a 6* with the supply tokens?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.