Lay-offs at telltale

Comments

• edited September 2018

No official source beside ex-devs have stated this. Gotta wait for Pete's official statement in the coming weeks.

GSSalvador posted: »

TWAUS2 won't happen. Those 25 are working on Minecraft for Netflix, so it's even unlikely for TWD to be concluded. After Mimecraft, the company is closing. Done.

• edited September 2018

Minecraft maybe? I dunno. More information will come out in the next couple weeks

What are the chances that Telltale keeps making games with these 25 employees? Are they shutting down for good or not? I'm dying over here.

• Everything has been correct. TWD might get finished, but Wolf 2 won't happen. Ever.

No official source beside ex-devs have stated this. Gotta wait for Pete's official statement in the coming weeks.

• Jesus, i'm still not believing they are done, i was thinking they were doing good and were going to be just like before...

• A cautionary tale honestly. Thank you for everything Telltale, your games will always have a special place in my heart. Hope the remaining 25 people can do something special.

CATCH A RIDE!

• They aren't gonna be the same as before if they aren't done. Just keep that in mind. Its gonna be a rough remaining year for them.

Kroger posted: »

Jesus, i'm still not believing they are done, i was thinking they were doing good and were going to be just like before...

• Seemed like upper management were aware of the situation but it was kept quiet until the last minute

Wow. That's not good for anyone.

Same thing happened last November when there were the other layoffs. It came out of nowhere with no warning..

lupinb0y posted: »

Seemed like upper management were aware of the situation but it was kept quiet until the last minute after the Netflix deal fell through which was supposed to save them.

• How does that make me feel better? That makes me feel worse.

Bruno113 posted: »

Well, look at the bright side. At leaet we got Life is Strange still at its feet.

• Honestly, with how screwed the company was, not even he could save it. I believe he did everything in his power to save the company and do what he could, but in the end, it just wasn't enough and the damage had been done.

AChicken posted: »

...I'm not ready for this. Pete WHY

• Let's hope they will manage to finish most of their Advanced project...or at least the Walking dead, i Don't think the wolf among us is completed enough.

They aren't gonna be the same as before if they aren't done. Just keep that in mind. Its gonna be a rough remaining year for them.

• edited September 2018

I have honestly no words, Im just shocked

• We all know the person responsible for this. The same one who put this company in the position it's in today. The same one who mismanaged and drove everyone away. The same one who always wanted the spotlight put on him and not on anyone else. The same one who pretty much forced the company's best talent out the door. The same one who took advantage of the workforce and took what he had for granted. This is solely the responsibility of Kevin Bruner, no question about it. The person responsible for creating this amazing company is also the person who destroyed it. He's the reason the for the drop in quality games, he's the reason hundreds of hard working and talented people are out of a job, and he's the reason why the company is bankrupt. Hope you're fucking proud of yourself Bruner, you flew to close to the fucking sun and now everyone suffers because of your incompetence.

• This is not even close to Pete's fault, he did everything he could to save the company. It was Bruner and the incompetent management staff before Hawley that caused everything to be so fucked.

Bruno113 posted: »

God damn it Pete. You had one job and you fail it. Just when you think he is the man who will get out Telltale out of the darkeness, he gets it even deeper lol.

• Check out his twitter. It's funny what a show he's putting on, but he's probably estatic that he got to take the company down with him after they gave him the boot.

We all know the person responsible for this. The same one who put this company in the position it's in today. The same one who mismanaged an

• I don't even have a Twitter account, but I'm tempted to make one just so I can tell him that this is all his fault. I know, it's wrong, childish, and I should be above that, but honestly, I'm pissed and I know a lot of people are too. Hundreds of people just lost their jobs, tons of games just got cancelled, and the fans are now paying for what this incompetent douche did to the company he created. I think we all have a right to be mad.

booper posted: »

Check out his twitter. It's funny what a show he's putting on, but he's probably estatic that he got to take the company down with him after they gave him the boot.

• edited September 2018

The Walking Dead Final Season is cancelled too, Episode 2 is the last episode.

• that sly prick job

• Well I hope nobody buys that shitty minecraft game

• This cannot be real...you can't just end it like that...just...what the fuck.

The Walking Dead Final Season is cancelled too, Episode 2 is the last episode. https://twitter.com/LawofTD/status/1043278296396357633

• Look at the bright side

It will be a great cliffhanger

Kroger posted: »

This cannot be real...you can't just end it like that...just...what the fuck.

• Honestly, Job isn't the most aproppiate person to talk shit about other people.

Craixite posted: »

(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/403330169470844949/492839336258043924/image0.png "")

• we all know what a fucking good job he did, him and bruner are fucking made for each other

Shaboomm posted: »

Honestly, Job isn't the most aproppiate person to talk shit about other people.

• Well at least clem won't dies.

TunaFace posted: »

Look at the bright side It will be a great cliffhanger

• That was hilarious. I hate you.

TunaFace posted: »

Look at the bright side It will be a great cliffhanger

• Ironically, earlier today I was thinking about how long I've been playing Telltale Games and the day I Created my forum account. I've been a telltale fan since I was 10 years old and I created my forum account when I was 14 and now imma about to turn 17. Its been a hell of a ride with all of you, and despite the times Telltale fucked up in the past I still had hope they would pull themselves together. I really wish nothing but the best for the staff.

• Man i'm a telltale fan since Sam and max season 1, only created an account in 2015 but was a fan since i was a kid.

...I guess another part of my childhood is dying in front of me right now.

Fuck.

Ironically, earlier today I was thinking about how long I've been playing Telltale Games and the day I Created my forum account. I've been a

• If this is true, then this is complete bullshit. As much obligation to the shareholders you have Telltale, you also have an obligation to the fans. We've supported you through all this, so we expect some goddamn closure in regards to TFS, and if we can't get that, then we demand our money back.

• Holy shit.
    TWDfans, I take back everything I said. You guys got done dirty just as much as we TWAUfans did.

The Walking Dead Final Season is cancelled too, Episode 2 is the last episode. https://twitter.com/LawofTD/status/1043278296396357633

• Say it with me everyone.

F

U

C

K

• Possibly more. At least TWAU had an ending.

I'm getting flashbacks of GOT S2 all over again.

Holy shit. TWDfans, I take back everything I said. You guys got done dirty just as much as we TWAUfans did.

• fuck bruner and that dirty cunt job. fuck em all. wish they never released it now tbh.

Say it with me everyone. F U C K

• edited September 2018

F
    U
    C
    K

Say it with me everyone. F U C K

• Well played by selling us the new season while knowing the company will cancel it before it's finished (devs didn't know but still.)

• The more I think about this, the more sure I am that there's something we're not being told. Bankruptcy isn't something that happens overnight, and it sounds to me like the company new what was coming for a while, at least a year. Knowing that, why the fuck did they still go full steam ahead with these projects like TWD and TWAU? Why did they give TWD a full release schedule if they weren't going to be able to finish it? Why won't they at least commit to it now? It's completely fucked and doesn't make sense.

• It sounds like upper management knew what was going on but kept it quiet in hopes that the Netflix deal would save the company.

The more I think about this, the more sure I am that there's something we're not being told. Bankruptcy isn't something that happens overnig

• At first I was worried the Wellington Ending wouldn't get patched. Now I am worried that we wont get past episode 2??? What the heck? Should I now be worried about refunds?

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/report-telltale-games-shutting-down-the-wolf-among-us-2-and-stranger-things-canceled

Insider confirmation that The Final Season is cancelled. Only Episode 2 will release. (leaked, not official statement) What the heck????

• edited September 2018

TFS staff got terminated. Can't release episodes when they weren't made. This is what I was saying earlier.

The only hope is that Hawley liked a tweet saying there are inaccuracies to that story.

ladypocky posted: »

At first I was worried the Wellington Ending wouldn't get patched. Now I am worried that we wont get past episode 2??? What the heck? Should

Sign in to comment in this discussion.