Multiple potential partners have stepped in to help TWD

Comments

• Thanks God !!!!!!

• At this point, I don't care. While I'll be very disappointed if it's Dontnod (for obvious reasons), I'll take it. I just want to see my sweet pea's story finished in a somewhat satisfactory way.

But who?? Skybound?? DONTNOD?? ??

• I just saw this on Twitter, I was filled with relief. Hopefully they're not just blowing smoke up our asses with this. While I'm curious as to who they mean by partners, Netflix? Other gaming studios? In the meantime here's a link to the petition for the release of Episodes 3 and 4. I'm sure many of you have already seen it but we need all hands on deck

https://www.change.org/p/save-the-walking-dead-the-final-season

• edited September 2018

Who I don't know but it is slim hope even if the episodes are delayed I would be happy

• I would be jumping for joy right now if I weren’t so pissed at the same time towards all the people who kept dragging everyone down including me. I get a lot of you were scared and saddened but many in this fanbase certainly caused me a lot of unnecessary stress for the past 4 days. And for that, fuck you
    Btw that wasnt meant for the OP.

• ...Campo Santo?

But who?? Skybound?? DONTNOD?? ??

• edited September 2018

You mean Valve? Because they can't count to 3

...Campo Santo?

• Real upstanding there, mate.

I would be jumping for joy right now if I weren’t so pissed at the same time towards all the people who kept dragging everyone down includin

• Praise lord Kenny for he the boat god, has answered out prayers.
    ? ?

• I question if it is strange for us to care so deeply about this series and Clementines story in general. Regardless, im still feeling an unequivocal amount of joy bow ive heard this.

• Guys im the joker in this scean - THIS BLOODY WONDERFUL THANK YOU FOR POSTING <3

• Indeed

DabigRG posted: »

Real upstanding there, mate.

• edited September 2018

Holy moly 19200+ sings already. Yesterday there were like 7k when I signed it.

Clemenem posted: »

I just saw this on Twitter, I was filled with relief. Hopefully they're not just blowing smoke up our asses with this. While I'm curious as

• Their is still hope! Please god save TFS. Clementine deserves her story to be complete. And you know what I was thinking too but don't want to get ahead of myself or get anyones hopes up but it's something to think about although not remotely confirmed.

Who's to say that these other developers who are stepping in aren't interested in buying out the brand? Maybe we' ll get news Ubisoft or Microsoft or someone huge bought rights to the telltale series and want to make a Wolf Among Us and other works. Maybe.... Just maybe :) The game is an extremely popular series. I wouldn't be surprised if someone bought it for bragging rights alone. The sales of us desperate fans would be astronomical. At this point they could charge me 60 dollars for just episode 3 and 4 and i'd buy it lol.

Their is still hope though. That's better then nothing. End this day on a posistive. Now 3 hours until episode 2. Enjoy everyone :)

• I’d rather have Dontnod than Decknine lmao.

At this point, I don't care. While I'll be very disappointed if it's Dontnod (for obvious reasons), I'll take it. I just want to see my sweet pea's story finished in a somewhat satisfactory way.

• I have heard Skybound and Campo Santo with Valve....we wont know until ink is signed I guess.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Finally! The potential partners, from what I’ve been hearing, are either Ubisoft or Skybound Games.

• Nah it’s not, It’s a wonderful thing for being able to find something worth enjoying with other people as well as caring and getting passionate about it.. you do you <3

bobshaw posted: »

I question if it is strange for us to care so deeply about this series and Clementines story in general. Regardless, im still feeling an unequivocal amount of joy bow ive heard this.

• I agree man, I kept being positive about it everywhere even though people kept dragging me down so yeah it feels so good to just read this and take a deep breath only to let a massive “I TOLD YOU SO!” out

I would be jumping for joy right now if I weren’t so pissed at the same time towards all the people who kept dragging everyone down includin

• Remember, Telltale already made their money (and then lost it) when they originally sold it, whoever comes in to finish it will probably make little to nothing on this arrangement. The fact that very little incentive exists for a company to come forward and do this, and yet they're interested in doing so

If another company gets involved, I would assume everyone (even those who purchased the full season) would have to pay again to get episodes 3 and 4...which is fine with me. You can't expect a developer to take this on for free. Question is, would everyone else be okay with that?

You would think after the disappointment of this past weekend, fans would jump on the opportunity to financially support an end to Clem's story.

Best news I've heard in the last few days. When this is done and a company potentially comes forward, I swear to God, I will go out and buy

• Probably Microsoft,Don't nod, or Naughty Dog

• edited September 2018

whoever they are, I wish i could hug them all

• I think Telltale themselves held some hope too. I refuse to believe that they'd just fuck Walking Dead up the ass and be done with it.

I'm so glad this is happening, this is what happens when you stay strong and don't give up hope. I don't think this would have happened if e

• TIME TO CELEBRATE

• Ok, we got our news. Now let’s hope they can give severance pay to their employees...

• no way i'm i paying again, real talk

Pahn711 posted: »

Remember, Telltale already made their money (and then lost it) when they originally sold it, whoever comes in to finish it will probably mak

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

• No problem, this is season four of main Telltale's The Walking Dead series.

Clemenem posted: »

You mean Valve? Because they can't count to 3

• cry of joy

https://twitter.com/Melyhutch/status/1044410553911791616 It hurts, man.

• I feel like I just watch a man have an electrical breakdown

https://twitter.com/Melyhutch/status/1044410553911791616 It hurts, man.

• edited September 2018

It would be really

awkward if the partner that get to help out, had ex-telltale employees to finish the game. It's like when Javier meet up with Ava or Tripp, after he didn't let them live.

• hell yeah im feeling great again towards this series just like when the first episode of TFS came up in august

Hersani posted: »

I agree man, I kept being positive about it everywhere even though people kept dragging me down so yeah it feels so good to just read this and take a deep breath only to let a massive “I TOLD YOU SO!” out

• I literally cried man, real talk thank you so much TT, this is the TT that I love

• I just hope the previous employees who worked on the season get some type of payment if TFS continues. If it wasn’t for them TFS wouldn’t be happening and wouldn’t be as good as it is.

• At this point, if episodes 3 and 4 were 2 thousand dollars i'd probably be sitting in a dark room, no food, with a generator powering a tv to play TFS lol. Which is why I wish TT were honest and did a gofundme. Im sure we coulda pooled some money at least.

But yes, i'd easily buy again. I would have paid 60 each game this whole time if it meant it'd had avoided this. Im starting to wonder if the 25 dollar price point was too low to recoop :(

Pahn711 posted: »

Remember, Telltale already made their money (and then lost it) when they originally sold it, whoever comes in to finish it will probably mak

• edited September 2018

It isnt strange at all, there are even some people who give the same names of their beloved videogame characters to their own children, like the great actor Robin Williams, his daughter is called Zelda for this reason :)

bobshaw posted: »

I question if it is strange for us to care so deeply about this series and Clementines story in general. Regardless, im still feeling an unequivocal amount of joy bow ive heard this.

• edited September 2018

I must have been the only one who expected this?

Episode 3 is already done. Episode 4 has a completed script.

All that's really needed is a team to push everything out one last time.

Like it shouldn't be impossible to finish the rest of the season SOMEHOW. The groundwork is already there. All you need is partners that want to option you.

And if crowdfunding is necessary, it wouldn't take long to meet the goal.

• Decknine did a bit better with both the dialogue and lip syncing/facial expressions, so I’d actually take them over Dontnod.

TheTrashBoi posted: »

I’d rather have Dontnod than Decknine lmao.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.