So Folks, What did you think of Episode Two? (SPOILERS)

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

I'd give it a solid 8/10.

I thoroughly enjoyed it but for some reason the overall flow of the episode seemed a bit off.

On the plus side AJ is rocking that cool broccoli look.

Comments

• I would give it a 9.5/10 it was amazing in my opinion

• It was very enjoyable. It seemed quite a long episode as well which is always good.

ADSAM posted: »

I would give it a 9.5/10 it was amazing in my opinion

• Loved every second of it. Especially the scene in the Belltower. So. Goddamn. Good.

• edited September 2018

The bit with James felt a little slow, but I really enjoyed the rest of it. 9.5/10

• edited September 2018

9.5? IGN better not read this thread

• 6 or 7 out of 10, loved the Lilly scenes , wish there was a lot more of them , the James walker thing ? Is so bad it's like smtn from ANF, had to be another wise kid ... Lilly and Abel not being able to shoot at a little brat running away cleanly also didn't work , felt a little like going through the motions , not bad

• There were clearly some odd things about Episode 2. Firstly, how did James manage to walk through all the walkers without covering himself in their guts? I get that he acted like them but surely the walkers would smell him?

Also, how did Clem manage to get the shrapnel out of AJ with a knife she was literally using to kill walkers 30 seconds earlier without getting him infected? Mad Ting.

• edited September 2018

Hmm, meeting James was one of my favorite parts of the episode. He definitely left an impression on my Clementine. The truth or dare sequence was probably my favorite pet of the whole episode though.

• edited September 2018

8/10

It's a great episode with a lot of memorable moments but it did have a few minor flaws that we're noticeable. It wasn't really an improvement over Done Running which was 8.5/10 for me, but more like a worthy successor.

• Same. My Clem isn't necessarily crushing on him but she's intrigued and hopes to see him again.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Hmm, meeting James was one of my favorite parts of the episode. He definitely left an impression on my Clementine. The truth or dare sequence was probably my favorite pet of the whole episode though.

• edited September 2018

My Clementine is definitely crushing on the guy. Not into guys myself, but he’s too handsome for Clementine to resist. It’s why I picked him for the flip option during the Marry, Flip, Kill game.

Same. My Clem isn't necessarily crushing on him but she's intrigued and hopes to see him again.

• It was Insane, I loved it!

• The truth or dare part was great. Asking Clementine if she liked someone in the group was a nice surprise. However, I think they missed an opportunity for a "truth question" where someone could ask Clementine more on what she knew about Lilly.
    I'd imagine it'd go something like this:

Violet/Louis: "So Clem. You knew this Lilly person? What was she like?"
    Clem:
    A. .......
    B. She was nice, until she snapped
    C. She seemed alright but she had issues
    D. She was like her father. An asshole!

• edited September 2018

Who did you choose to kill and how did that go over? I chose him to kill because those games are super awkward and cringy when the options are people involved who are actually present to hear you answer. I didn't want to say I'd kill any of the school kids since I my relationship with a few of them was still rocky at best.

His apparent care for the walkers concerns my Clem some.

My Clementine is definitely crushing on the guy. Not into guys myself, but he’s too handsome for Clementine to resist. It’s why I picked him for the flip option during the Marry, Flip, Kill game.

• 7/10

It was fine but really slow in the middle section.

• Like a 7.5/8 outta 10.

I've really liked it, the character development of the boarding school kids was really nice and needed.
    Speaking of character development I've also liked how Louis evolved throughout the episode (At least in my playthrough), also the scene where he shoots the bow and he realizes what a terrible friend he was to Marlon was like god-tier.

I liked Lilly's return and how she turned out to be: the villain but with some conflict on top. I liked fighting her and her group. The fighting / chasing scenes between Lilly, Abel vs Clem, AJ felt a tiny bit weird (Especially since Lilly, a hardened survivor and someone with military background couldn't hit Clem from about 40 meters) but I suppose all conflicts in TWD are weird (Remember the shootout in 205 ?)

AJ was...ok I guess ? I just can't bring myself to like the kid like 100%, I don't know why, maybe because he was just introduced this season as opposed to Clem (which I care about 500 times more) who has been around since the beginning. His character is great, we got to choose how we go about the Marlon incident, but the kid is still not ok regarding killing humans, he understands that what he did to Marlon was wrong and he accepts that he's a murderer (In my game) but at the same time he calls dibs on Abel's life like it's some kind of game.
    When he got shot I didn't exactly feel anything towards him, I was like meh he'll make it anyway, maybe I'm the messed up one and not AJ lol.

Clem was great as always, her dialogue was excellent and I felt like she said exactly what I would have wanted her to say when I picked a certain dialogue option.
    Her fighting scenes were badass as fuck too.

Gameplay wise I think it was ok, the episode is about as long as Done Running, I don't know if it was just me but I felt like we had less hubs and time to move around / explore stuff.
    The new bow scenes where you hold LT and fire using RT were good even though I died like 5 times.
    The "Press B to stun and Y to kill" thing is becoming a bit repetitive though I don't mind it that much.

The pacing felt a bit.... off ? I don't know it kinda felt like one thing was happening right after another (Like when you get kicked out of the school and as soon as you are alone with AJ Abel starts shooting at you and you get introduced to Lilly, the whole thing happens pretty fast)

• (Like when you get kicked out of the school and as soon as you are alone with AJ Abel starts shooting at you and you get introduced to Lilly, the whole thing happens pretty fast)

It felt like Clem and AJ walked for like 30m before that started going down

Like a 7.5/8 outta 10. I've really liked it, the character development of the boarding school kids was really nice and needed. Speaking

• edited September 2018

I said i’d kill Aasim and he replied with thank god! Louis teased him asking if he’d really prefer death over marrying or flipping Clementine. Aasim then replied that he didn’t mean it like that.

Who did you choose to kill and how did that go over? I chose him to kill because those games are super awkward and cringy when the options a

• They definitely didn't get far. I don't think it was even 30 minutes. Maybe more like 5. They were close enough that Violet and Louis were able to catch up within a couple minutes.

(Like when you get kicked out of the school and as soon as you are alone with AJ Abel starts shooting at you and you get introduced to Lilly

• Ah. Thanks.

I said i’d kill Aasim and he replied with thank god! Louis teased him asking if he’d really prefer death over marrying or flipping Clementine. Aasim then replied that he didn’t mean it like that.

• edited September 2018

Good episode. Perfect credits song.

Considering this could be the last episode for a long time, what a way to go.

• edited September 2018

Not gonna lie... I think I was on my phone for most of this episode. I didn't like it.

I'd rate it 4 or 5 out of 10, but closer to 4.

• To me it felt more like 2 minutes

(Like when you get kicked out of the school and as soon as you are alone with AJ Abel starts shooting at you and you get introduced to Lilly

• edited September 2018

Oh, you understood me wrong, I meant meters with m

They definitely didn't get far. I don't think it was even 30 minutes. Maybe more like 5. They were close enough that Violet and Louis were able to catch up within a couple minutes.

• I loved it...character development...love hate relationship with the villain...Clem got a girlfriend after some deadly climbing....9/10

• edited September 2018

It was better than the first episode. That's how I'd describe it.

• Just as good as the first I like how the Violet/Louis choice mattered. I wish Lily got more screen time but I felt the Ruby and Mitch segment dragged on a bit too long for my liking. Still that ending was great. Violentine, motherfuckers

• I liked it alot, not as much as episode 1 but just under, still a really good episode.

My only real complaint is Lily and the Raiders are kinda weak. Their motivation to bother the kids seems kinda dumb, seems like they are going through way too much trouble of stealing kids than actually fighting whatever group their fighting, by just fighting other groups to make them help fight the other group. Hopefully they get a bit more fleshed out, really dont want weak antagonist and they use Lily "because its Lily" as an excuse for why they arnt developed. I hope Lily appears more and we get to talk to her more too, I want some background on her and not just "Im bad."

ofc this is all assuming the next episodes even release, RIP.

• I think it was overall a very strong episode and had lots of awesome scenes

• oh lol...

Oh, you understood me wrong, I meant meters with m

• Yeah this was a setup episode for the last 2....(please god...you ignored my pleas to have @Poogers555 banned...you owe me one or 2)

• Can't believe a company that can make games as good as this can go out of business. It was an awesome episode.

• Just like Episode 1, "Suffer The Children" was a great entry in the TWD series. I'd give it a 9/10

• edited September 2018

Like a 7/7.5.
    It was still good imo but weaker than the first for sure. The flow seemed a little off as others have said, maybe slow in some parts? That chase scene with Lilly in the forest had me rolling my eyes. They can't shotgun someone running right in front of them, really?The ship moment with Louis/Violet was something I really enjoyed, however.

Was I the only one that, at the "Am I a murderer" question posted by AJ wanted an answer like "well what you did was wrong but don't beat yourself too much, the guy had it coming. What you should do instead is learn from this." You only get 3 replies and in 1st you say he's justified, the second is Louis was out of line to call AJ a murderer and the 3rd one which I picked AJ goes down this guilt spiral which I didn't like because Marlon was an asshole. But I couldn't pick the others because killing someone at gunpoint is wrong, you understand my dilemma?
    As I said, a it's a 7 from me. Oh and lilly's days are numbered dude, at least in my playthrough.

• Their motivation to bother the kids seems kinda dumb

Ever hear of Somalia or the Sudan? FARC? MS13? Kidnapping children to fight in a war happens all the time...you need numbers.

Poogers555 posted: »

I liked it alot, not as much as episode 1 but just under, still a really good episode. My only real complaint is Lily and the Raiders are

• Well thats not exactly what I mean, the world is over, there really isnt that many kids left. Is all this really worth it just to get a few kids? Plus these kids are always fighting back, this isnt a real world situation where many times its kidnapping very kids from defenses homes, these kids have their own weapons and dont want to be taken, seems like waaay too much effort to basically be attacking another place while they are too busy with attacks from another place just to get a few kids.

I guess thats why they were looking for Marlon so they could get him to trick some more kids out, but after hearing he was dead, and things like being shot at by Violet you'd think they'd know it may not be worth it anymore, seeing as the kids clearly knew what was happening and would fight back.

Their motivation to bother the kids seems kinda dumb Ever hear of Somalia or the Sudan? FARC? MS13? Kidnapping children to fight in a war happens all the time...you need numbers.

• That song end credits for episode 2 season 4 don't know the artist was the same as episode 3 in season 2

• Felt like they pretty much got everything right, and I loved the episode, hit me in all the emotions the right way. This made for both a good cliffhanger and a good ending, if it's either or.

• *episode 2 in season 2

donmike84 posted: »

That song end credits for episode 2 season 4 don't know the artist was the same as episode 3 in season 2

Sign in to comment in this discussion.