Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• But they are still squaring them away atm?

I'm reasonably certain they waited to announce anything until they were absolutely certain all the legalities were squared away.

• edited November 2018

Skybound made the announcement when they were 100% certain that they were going to try to take over production of the game. Not when the legalities were all finished. If legalities were finished and they were actually able to start working on the game they wouldn't have been as vague as they were.

• Maybe they're just trying to get Telltale to fulfill their obligations to their fans who paid full price for the game because that could fall onto them since they're gone. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation for skybound. This game wouldn't have made a profit even if telltale didn't shut down.

sony12 posted: »

The only reason why they are doing it is because this game series is tied to Robert Kirkman's comic company and if they didn't do anything it wouldn't be good publicity for skybound or the Walking Dead comic.

• Absolutely not, I'd be shocked it we get it by March of next year.

There's been very little concrete details and information to give even the slightest indication of when we'll even see development begin let alone release.

All we really have is "hopes" of a release this year with nothing else to go on

donmike84 posted: »

Do you think we will get episode 3 this year

• Telltale announced and released 2 episodes confident of releasing the entire season and we all saw how that turned out.

Just because Skybound say they intend to doesn't mean they will especially considering how little concrete details we have about production and release.

Oh shut up. It's coming. They wouldn't have announced they were finishing the game if they weren't determined to do it.

• Y'all got any updates? News? Anything?

• edited November 2018

Silence...

• Nope

Y'all got any updates? News? Anything?

• 2 days into November and everyone is losing their freaking minds.... calm down. Skybound wants to get as many of the employees back on board as possible, that's roughly 250 individual meetings and contracts to set up. It's barely been a month since the shutdown, a transfer of employees and licenses to a new company takes time. Now everyone stop freaking out and fueling baseless paranoia.

• Seems like it's still half-baked.

Still, neat to hear a conclusion on the matter is finally being reached.

Doctor_Stef posted: »

Fresh from the oven. https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1058501329310498816

• Lol right when I tell everyone to stop freaking out we get some news... gotta love that timing ?

Fresh from the oven. https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1058501329310498816

• I wonder if that post was made to calm the nerves of people wanting news (meaning real news is still far away), or if real news is around the corner and expected soon.

• edited November 2018

Literally feels like they're watching this thread.
    Insert X-Files music here
    SHOW YOURSELVES!!

• I'm still optimistic about the season still being finished despite this loose news post from Skybound. I absolutely get these things take time and preparation, but it still seems as if the TFS team has fully been hired or at least a majority.

Not to mention that there has been no official word of development or even a indication of when development could restart again. All we have so far is "hopes" and wishful thinking of release dates without anything to base it on. I do hope EP3 gets released this year, but I'm still unsure if we'll even see TFS proceed forward for the upcoming year.

• You guys really need to stop with this negativity. If the game wasn’t going to be completed, then Skybound wouldn’t keep trying to milk it. They would simply just put out, “we couldn’t do it.” Just chillax for a moment and remember, “Patience is a virtue.”

• You guys really need to stop with this negativity

Now that's a difficult request for this forum

You guys really need to stop with this negativity. If the game wasn’t going to be completed, then Skybound wouldn’t keep trying to milk it.

• Smh

Deltino posted: »

You guys really need to stop with this negativity Now that's a difficult request for this forum

• sniff
    You never forget that smell...

• Guys, there is literally 0% chance this season is NOT finished now. They already announced they were finishing it. I want news too, especially since they promised to be transparent, but chill. They said news was coming soon.

• So do you guys think the physical copy of this season is now out of the question?

• Nice, can't wait to play episode 3.

• No. That'll be released probably around when Ep 3 releases.

So do you guys think the physical copy of this season is now out of the question?

• Hey guys, yall realize that that picture isn't from episode 1. o: It's a new one, she wasn't holding a candle.

• They said only the people that worked on the walking dead final season not the entire telltale team

2 days into November and everyone is losing their freaking minds.... calm down. Skybound wants to get as many of the employees back on board

• What if Skybound gives us a surprise and drops Episode 3 on the 6th?

• That’d be pretty cool, but unfortunately impossible

What if Skybound gives us a surprise and drops Episode 3 on the 6th?

• It'd be nice, but they already said they will not be able to release them on their initial dates.

What if Skybound gives us a surprise and drops Episode 3 on the 6th?

• The Walking Dead
    Episode 4: Worker in Parasite

Chibikid posted: »

It'd be nice, but they already said they will not be able to release them on their initial dates.

• She was in the ep 1 promo art

Auruo posted: »

Hey guys, yall realize that that picture isn't from episode 1. o: It's a new one, she wasn't holding a candle.

• Negativity? I'm silent as fuck and I'm not okay with that. The official definition of "soon" is "forever". I wanna know how many employees of the original team they rehired so far.

You guys really need to stop with this negativity. If the game wasn’t going to be completed, then Skybound wouldn’t keep trying to milk it.

• How long do you guys think it will take for the season to finish?

• TOMORROW GUYS! right?

• 3-4 months maybe? That’s the maximum for me. Ideally, Episode 3 will be the main treat since we know Episode 4 will primarily focus on tying loose ends.

How long do you guys think it will take for the season to finish?

• Nah, today!

MrGraffio posted: »

TOMORROW GUYS! right?

• No, right this minute. I'm playing it.

Nah, today!

• Why are we here, just to suffer...

• Sad that broken toys episode 3 will not be released today but hopefully by the end off the year or is that too optimistic

• Well, at least there's a new issue of the comic coming out the day after!..

MrGraffio posted: »

TOMORROW GUYS! right?

• It is rather sad to think today was when the episode was suppose to be released.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.