Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• Not a chance.

Razer531 posted: »

What do you think about both episodes coming out in 2018? is it possible?

• Episode 3 here I come...

• Episode 4 is definitely coming out next year.

• Definitely not. There’s still a great deal of work that needs to be done for Episode 4, and since the employees are going to get time off for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, etc., Episode 4 won’t be out until 2019.

Razer531 posted: »

What do you think about both episodes coming out in 2018? is it possible?

• I wouldn’t be surprised if Broken Toys gets Take Us Back’s original premiere of December 18th, that feels like a pretty solid estimate.

So, should we be expecting episode 3 before Christmas?

• So, what you're saying is that Skybound is gonna spend Thanksgiving playing the episode?

gta3demon posted: »

When TTG went under, they said that it was near completion and needed play testing/polishing. It also needed rating. Considering it went

• Hey, I didn't outright say that it wouldn't get done. It makes sense now. I looked at it in a 'before it's too late' kind of sense.

Right when i say that, Skybound announced that work on the final season officially resumed today. It's almost like I'm a prophet or something. Thanks for the patience to (mostly) everyone.

• My definite upmost sincerest apologies, dear internet person.

Whoever doubted the completion of Season 4, apologize.

• From the moment telltale announced it was closeing down I have always treated the remaining episodes as delayed

• Same.

donmike84 posted: »

From the moment telltale announced it was closeing down I have always treated the remaining episodes as delayed

• Woke up earlier this morning to be greeted with great news! I knew Skybound were not going to let us down, and knowing that they got a lot of the original Dev Team to come back is very reassuring, It is an incredible feeling knowing that we will be getting the conclusion to Clementine's Story! :smiley:

• They will be doing that. They plan on releasing a patch to change the original release dates that were visible in the Episode Select Menu, it may take a week or so but it will get done :smile:

MintBlue92 posted: »

It would be nice if they can actually patch the game and show the new release dates for episode 3 and 4. I know it can be done because, was

• edited November 2018

So some achievements for ep 3 have been unlocked. Meaning people (IE, the development team.) are playing the episode. It might be coming sooner than we thought.

• Real shit?!

So some achievements for ep 3 have been unlocked. Meaning people (IE, the development team.) are playing the episode. It might be coming sooner than we thought.

• pretty sure someone confirmed that ep 3 was finished they just need voice actors lines etc. then we see posts from several voice acts within studios the last week so

• N A N I ? ?

Real shit?!

• While we are waiting...

...I still think this is Clem's coolest look. The head bandaged TFS look seems very fitting for a person who has endured pain and heartache for 7 years in an apocalypse. Add in the missing finger and this would be a kid I wouldn't want to run into.

• She’s scary when she pins Tenn against thewall with a knife to his throat

eRock92 posted: »

While we are waiting... ...I still think this is Clem's coolest look. The head bandaged TFS look seems very fitting for a person who has

• Ian from Skybound responded to a post on reddit that said "I expect episode 3 to be released within the next 2 weeks." Ian said

"Sorry, its not even close to being that straight forward. Although I wish it was. :)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWalkingDeadGame/comments/9yxwvq/episode_3/ea51ecf/

So, we'll be waiting until mid-December at best.

• Oh yes she is

She’s scary when she pins Tenn against thewall with a knife to his throat

• Episode 3 broken toys might be released on episode 4 old release date 18th of December and episode 4 take us back 1st quarter next year

• I'm wonderin if I should make that joke I've been keepin to myself since the premiere.
    Meh, probably not.

Oh yes she is

• I wanna hear it

DabigRG posted: »

I'm wonderin if I should make that joke I've been keepin to myself since the premiere. .... Meh, probably not.

• The main reason I didn't is because I haven't thought of a way to appropriately(heh) deliver it.
    And experience has taught me that that's an important step.

MissButter posted: »

I wanna hear it

• edited November 2018

Gabe Newell was happy to hear that he is not the only one who didn't finish the story of his best game but then recent news of TWD TFS came on and this is reaction for becoming himself again:

• I'm sure it will keep at least mildly active until EP4. The forum will probably die off post TFS however.

Welp glad everything is back into motion. Too bad this site will be dead before the finale releases.

• Do you see it happening any other way? :P

BigBadPaul posted: »

they'll no doubt make it into a mini-series of comics. pls no

• Companies have had to bite the bullet and say they can't finish a product before, especially after reassuring people they will be finished. The video games industry is full of examples of cancelled projects that seemed like sure deals up until the were dropped completely.

But as you said, hiring new devs can make up for not having the original devs, even if it makes things trickier.

Melton23 posted: »

The game will most likely be finished because it’s not a very smart idea to come out to people and tell them a lie or two and expect them to

• It's the fear though isn't it. TellTale shutting down and projects being cancelled hit everyone at once; now the slightest chance that the salvaged TFS may not be finished has some people going back to that same fear...

Just like some people insisted there was no way for another company to step in and finish it, now they're saying Skybound won't be able to f

• ...Who?

AronDracula posted: »

Gabe Newell was happy to hear that he is not the only one who didn't finish the story of his best game but then recent news of TWD TFS came on and this is reaction for becoming himself again:

• Knowing your history of "jokes" you probably shouldn't

I'm wonderin if I should make that joke I've been keepin to myself since the premiere. .... Meh, probably not.

• I just feel that after completing TFS, Skybound isn't going to just bid them all farewell and that's it. Its been way too much work to piece the former team together, so at least DLC should be expected. Also, Skybound had been planning to do their own games ala telltale, so dissolving this team would be wasted opportunity.

• I wouldn't mind it if they took a shot at doing a "Telltale Style" Walking Dead game.

Fury2014 posted: »

I just feel that after completing TFS, Skybound isn't going to just bid them all farewell and that's it. Its been way too much work to piece

• TFS outfit - check
    • Head bandage - check
    • Missing finger - check
    • The look of a person who has seen hell on earth - check

I rest my case.

Oh yes she is

• "I've got nothing to say about Half Life 3"

...Who?

• Yeah. They're going to announce a new Dev team called Skybound Tales or somethings. Those 60 (?) devs can be really useful.
    Still no TWAU tho rip

Fury2014 posted: »

I just feel that after completing TFS, Skybound isn't going to just bid them all farewell and that's it. Its been way too much work to piece

• I just want to point out that Skybound called it "season four" in their press release, not The Final Season.

• Ian Howe also said that he is open to more seasons/DLC in the future. They're finishing the season before making any plans but at this point I think it's more likely to see more content with Skybound in charge than if Telltale didn't shut down.

I just want to point out that Skybound called it "season four" in their press release, not The Final Season.

• "Still no TWAU tho rip"

Stop reminding me :'(

Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah. They're going to announce a new Dev team called Skybound Tales or somethings. Those 60 (?) devs can be really useful. Still no TWAU tho rip

Sign in to comment in this discussion.