Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• With all the games that have come out in the last few months I haven't even touched Ep.2 still haha

Better late than never, especially if Ep.3 isn't coming out until the end of the year/ start of next year.

• I hope by more seasons, he means other games.

Ian Howe also said that he is open to more seasons/DLC in the future. They're finishing the season before making any plans but at this point I think it's more likely to see more content with Skybound in charge than if Telltale didn't shut down.

• As long as the writing is good, I wouldn't say no to more seasons.

Ian Howe also said that he is open to more seasons/DLC in the future. They're finishing the season before making any plans but at this point I think it's more likely to see more content with Skybound in charge than if Telltale didn't shut down.

• I personally hope Skybound Games takes the opportunity of having so many ex staff on board and runs with it. Make a new season with a brand new storyline and characters and start back at the beginning of the outbreak or something.

BigBadPaul posted: »

As long as the writing is good, I wouldn't say no to more seasons.

• That'd be great news!

Although, depending on the ending, Idk if I would want Clementine to be in it/to continue off her story (as in, AJ being the main character). Would kind of be too similar to the Lee/Clem arch. However, I definitely approve of more choice-based TWD games.

• Yeah...it definitely needs to be more it's own thing.

gta3demon posted: »

That'd be great news! Although, depending on the ending, Idk if I would want Clementine to be in it/to continue off her story (as in, AJ

• The writers have said several times that this is the end of Clementines story. Any new seasons would definitely not involve her

gta3demon posted: »

That'd be great news! Although, depending on the ending, Idk if I would want Clementine to be in it/to continue off her story (as in, AJ

• And i'd be okay with that. If the tv show can manage to stay good without Rick, then the game can do that, too.

The writers have said several times that this is the end of Clementines story. Any new seasons would definitely not involve her

• Good news

I'm hyped you got trolled lol xd

• Dammit

Good news (Spoiler)

Good news (Spoiler)

• It feels weird to say that against my expectations, the show is surviving just fine without Rick. I mean, it's strange not seeing him around, but the cast now have more of a "presence" and some lesser characters get more screen time now.

GSSalvador posted: »

And i'd be okay with that. If the tv show can manage to stay good without Rick, then the game can do that, too.

• Steam Achievements for both Episode 3 and Episode 4 show a 0.1% unlock percentage for achievements from both Episodes. We all know that Episode 3 is pretty much done but it requires fine tuning and approval from Ratings Boards, but Episode 4 does look to be in a playable, albeit rough and early state.

I recall reading an article that said that a playable test version of Episode 4 was scheduled to be ready at the end of September, but due to the events that happened at Telltale at around that time, it was brought to a halt. But it does look as if they were pretty far ahead in building the test version if Steam is showing a 0.1% unlock percentage for Episode 4.

• Has an update for The Walking Dead: The Final Season been released? A user in the same discord server as me posted a picture of what looked like an update for The Final Season on Steam, other users in the Server didn't get this update but it could be based on location or something... I don't know. Can someone confirm it? And if there was an update, what has changed?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There has been no changes to the Steam version in two months and that change was related to episode 3.

https://steamdb.info/app/866800/history/

Sometimes Steam will need to update its files at random times or there could be a directx or another driver update which looks like a update for a game.

Has an update for The Walking Dead: The Final Season been released? A user in the same discord server as me posted a picture of what looked

• Guys, I know it's hard without a release date, but I'm pretty sure we will get episode 3 in 1 or 2 months at most. We just need to wait.

• Obviously

Raegis posted: »

Guys, I know it's hard without a release date, but I'm pretty sure we will get episode 3 in 1 or 2 months at most. We just need to wait.

• Except, that was when it was teltale's property. Skybound might decide otherwise.

The writers have said several times that this is the end of Clementines story. Any new seasons would definitely not involve her

• Except Skybound wants to keep the final season in line with the vision of the original writers, and they hired most of the original writers and story directors to help finish it. We're going to get the originally planned finale which will likely mean determinant fates, multiple endings, and closure.

Jimayo posted: »

Except, that was when it was teltale's property. Skybound might decide otherwise.

• You don't read much, do you? There's been plenty of continuations from closure in fiction, so that means little(see the belgariad and the mallorean for one example).

Except Skybound wants to keep the final season in line with the vision of the original writers, and they hired most of the original writers

• edited November 2018

Way to be unnecessarily condescending to someone who has literally been in communication with Skybound and the writers ? you just contradicted what both of them have said in regards to Skybound's involvement in finishing the story.

You don't read much, do you? There's been plenty of continuations from closure in fiction, so that means little(see the belgariad and the mallorean for one example).

• You don't read much, do you?

jk lmao

You don't read much, do you? There's been plenty of continuations from closure in fiction, so that means little(see the belgariad and the mallorean for one example).

• edited November 2018

ItzLarryTheLeopard: Can you please try to include most, if not all the ideas for the final two episodes and possibly even try to squeeze in some extras? (like the flashback for Sandra)
    Kent: We're currently intending to make the game as it was planned to be made before telltale shut down. We had a very strong plan and I believe in staying as close to is as possible. I won't spoil what (if any) flashbacks may occur :)

CrispyCakeBatter: Will the ending be modified in any way by you guys, are you guys allowed to change work on it or are you only here to release it?
    Ian: Skybound has always worked closely with Telltale on the story for the game, so we've always been heavily involved in that process. So in that regard, nothing is really going to change, the same people from both teams will be involved in completing the story.

Luciann10: Since you are getting the team back together, I assume you will try to stay true to the original vision and not alter things, right?
    Kent: As a member of the original team, as I understand it the process for creative approval of ideas between skybound and the team will stay the same as it was before telltale shut down, meaning we'll be close to original vision (almost everything was approved before we stopped)

You don't stay up-to-date and informed, do you?

• Not to be that kind of guy, but in the person's defence (not agreeing with him tho) the evidence you used doesn't outright say that future games will not have Clem. This is only about TFS itself, but now that Skybound own the means of production, they, along with other writers and directors as former Telltale can decide what they want their next game to be. And if this is truly the end of Clem's story, even then, Skybound have the rights to make a Walking Dead game that shows what happened with Clem and Christa for all those months (e.g.) So, whilst you're definitely right, the evidence used doesn't debunk the idea that we could have another Clem game.

Of course, I would hate for that to happen and she's so dried out now that I wouldn't even buy another Clem game, much rather have another character.

ItzLarryTheLeopard: Can you please try to include most, if not all the ideas for the final two episodes and possibly even try to squeeze in

• Any idea when TFS will be reinstated on the Playstation store as my nethpew getting restless

• Even if they were to have another game with Clem, it would kind of defeat the purpose of calling this game The Final Season.

Ghetsis posted: »

Not to be that kind of guy, but in the person's defence (not agreeing with him tho) the evidence you used doesn't outright say that future g

• I saw today that all the achievements have been unlocked. I think they are almost done with the testing phase.

Steam Achievements for both Episode 3 and Episode 4 show a 0.1% unlock percentage for achievements from both Episodes. We all know that Epis

• They could call it: The Walking Dead 2: Season 1

Even if they were to have another game with Clem, it would kind of defeat the purpose of calling this game The Final Season.

• Sometime this week. Maybe tomorrow.

donmike84 posted: »

Any idea when TFS will be reinstated on the Playstation store as my nethpew getting restless

• I doubt it's that far along, unfortunately. The achievements being unlocked suggests that, at the very least, episode 4 is playable. However, 'playable' is a very relative term here. It might be able to be played from beginning to end, but given how they only resumed work about a week ago, it is almost certainly not anywhere near completion; missing textures, models, sounds, animations, scene transitions, sound effects, etc. It's only functional/playable in the most basic sense.

I saw today that all the achievements have been unlocked. I think they are almost done with the testing phase.

• The Walking Dead 2: Season 2: Electric Boogaloo.

They could call it: The Walking Dead 2: Season 1

• The thing I take most from this is that since they're playing the 4th episode, the 3rd might be completed. Thus they only need to complete the fourth one, and they're gauging just how much work needs to be done. Once they realize how much needs to be done, we get the release dates. So I think Ep. 3 could release in relatively short order (meaning whenever they want) but they want to figure out Ep 4's timeline, and market for ep. 3's release.

I think mid December will be release for Ep 3.

Deltino posted: »

I doubt it's that far along, unfortunately. The achievements being unlocked suggests that, at the very least, episode 4 is playable. However

• Again, that was the old owners. It's under new ownership now and they may decide to go in a different direction than the old owners wanted to.

Even if they were to have another game with Clem, it would kind of defeat the purpose of calling this game The Final Season.

• The “new” owners are the exact same development team, which are sticking true to their original vision, and the company that helped the “old” owners work out the story. Other than the original development company shutting down, nothing is changing in terms of story. This is it, the last Clem season. Even before Telltale shutdown, they said they were open to making more TWD games, just not with Clem. If Skybound is going to continue these games for the future, they’re still going to stick to that vision.

VengefulKenny literally posted answers from a Q&A by both Season Director Kent Mudle and Skybound Games CEO Ian Howe, basically confirming that they are sticking true to their original plans in regards to the game, so I don’t know how much more proof you need.

Again, that was the old owners. It's under new ownership now and they may decide to go in a different direction than the old owners wanted to.

• edited November 2018

Don't mind me, I'm just gonna chill down here until the news which are coming foreve-I mean soon.

• I read it, it doesn't imply an end and I remember the ama where he was specifically asked if this was the end or they were thinking of doing more clem and the ambiguous answer that didn't outright close the door. Fact is, you don't know what skybound is thinking unless they equivocally state, like telltale did, that this is the end. Telltale is gone and their plans for the future of the series are moot. Skybound's management may decide to go in a different direction.

The “new” owners are the exact same development team, which are sticking true to their original vision, and the company that helped the “old

• edited November 2018

Skybound is literally saying they are sticking true to their original vision, this isn't a hard concept to get. I get that Denial is the first stage of Grief, but this is ridiculous. I love Clem too, she's my favorite character in all of fiction, but her story is going to end after this season. This is the final chapter of Clem's story, accept it. The only way we could ever see anything Clem related after this is if the AMC show throws Clem in there (whether it be in the main show, Fear The Walking Dead, or one of the Rick Grimes' movies).

I read it, it doesn't imply an end and I remember the ama where he was specifically asked if this was the end or they were thinking of doing

• Did you forget what happened to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater franchise? Pro Skater 5 is the only installment that isn't made by Neversoft and look how it turned out to be. Not only the worst game of the franchise but also one of the worst games ever made.

I'd rather have Clem's story end instead of turning into a cash grab like Call of Duty.

I read it, it doesn't imply an end and I remember the ama where he was specifically asked if this was the end or they were thinking of doing

• I'd rather have Clem's story end instead of turning into a cash grab like Call of Duty.

Walking of Duty: Modern Dead 4

AronDracula posted: »

Did you forget what happened to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater franchise? Pro Skater 5 is the only installment that isn't made by Neversoft and look

• A spoiler within a spoiler? Wtf is this

You don't read much, do you? (Spoiler)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.