Did Mitch die as a hero?

Was thinking about this, him running into Lilly even though he was going to lose was It a herotic tactic or some dumb way to die.
I’ll give him credit too the bomb he created, but the death is uncertain to me.

Comments

• I thought he was running to grab tenn at first but he just ran to tackle Lilly. I think he automatically dies a hero for trying to help the group. But I do think it was dumb to rush an armed person.

• He does deserve credit for crafting the bomb which came in handy to level the playing field. While unwise to attack Lily who was armed no less, I still think it was heroic to a degree that he still tried to fight her to protect the group.

• Agreed the bomb plan worked for a bit It distracted them for awhile.

Chibikid posted: »

He does deserve credit for crafting the bomb which came in handy to level the playing field. While unwise to attack Lily who was armed no less, I still think it was heroic to a degree that he still tried to fight her to protect the group.

• Obviously, I guess.

Where did Lily even get that blade?

• I was thinking on that too, where did she even get the blade. Probably an essential she was carrying.

DabigRG posted: »

Obviously, I guess. Where did Lily even get that blade?

• She pulled it out of thin air, just like every other object in these games.

• Lol probably that too

EbiManami posted: »

She pulled it out of thin air, just like every other object in these games.

• Yea. I feel like it should of been Willy or even Marlon if they decided to make him determinant in episode 1. Willy cause hes younger and decision making isn't the best, like Clem fatally shooting Kenny when she could have shot his foot or something. Marlon because redemption arc and determinant character. If only :)

• I don’t think Willy has to courage to even run up to Lilly like that though.

xGbHx posted: »

Yea. I feel like it should of been Willy or even Marlon if they decided to make him determinant in episode 1. Willy cause hes younger and de

• Lee: Here, let me just pull this propane tank out of thin air.

Zekkarooo posted: »

Lol probably that too

• True, but we haven't seen whether Willy fights or flights so it's up in the air

I don’t think Willy has to courage to even run up to Lilly like that though.

• Remembering how Conrad shotgun disappeared when the group was in the cave. Strange, then he had a pistol???

Lee: Here, let me just pull this propane tank out of thin air.

• Agreed to that one.

True, but we haven't seen whether Willy fights or flights so it's up in the air

• edited September 2018

Ehhh idk, but this thread got me thinking... couldn’t the kids at Ericson have just found a vantage point, picked a target each, then killing them all at the same time once Clem gave the signal? Sounds like they went through a bit too much effort for nothing.

• They should have made lilly grab for tenn again and have him push him out of the way. Maybe its best to leave his death like this though. If the adults were trying to kill they likely would have won

• she pulled it from the void

• He died fighting for us, so I guess he did.

• No, I'm still glad they not only chose Mitch instead, but actually made it mean a little something.
    Although I have reason to believe that was the original plan at one point.

As for Marlon being a potentially alternative, however, I definitely agree.

Yea. I feel like it should of been Willy or even Marlon if they decided to make him determinant in episode 1. Willy cause hes younger and de

• They should have made lilly grab for tenn again and have him push him out of the way.

Hm...probably.

If the adults were trying to kill they likely would have won

Oh, definitely.
    For as slippery as her character/motivation was at times, her group really earned their victory the hard way.

They should have made lilly grab for tenn again and have him push him out of the way. Maybe its best to leave his death like this though. If the adults were trying to kill they likely would have won

• No. He lived long enough to see himself become the villain.

(Sorry, I had to. I'll leave.)

• Where did Lily even get that blade?

The same place Clementine put all those gardening tools from the Greenhouse. The only answer is that the Bag of Holding exists in Kirkman's universe.

• No. Mitch died an idiot. It's unfortunate, too, because I liked him, but no, he was an idiot and nominated himself for a Darwin Award.

• Same, but he changed at the end of the episode.

Fuck Mitch.

• Too little, too little late.

As someone else said, his death wasn't the brightest as well. Like come on.

Same, but he changed at the end of the episode.

• edited September 2018

Jeez. All this anger towards Mitch because he was angry for awhile. Live and let live.

• I was holding that back for a while myself.

ralo229 posted: »

No. He lived long enough to see himself become the villain. (Sorry, I had to. I'll leave.)

• Sure he died a hero...a stupid hero.

Sure he died a hero...a stupid hero.

• edited September 2018

And the ability to stuff anything into your back pockets.
    Also Mitch did not die as a hero. He died as a idiot who did not plan his moves carefully. Who the hell just charges like a raging bull, to a person that has a weapon.
    The volcano is erupting, yeah I'm going to charge at it.

She pulled it out of thin air, just like every other object in these games.

• He just ran in there just to get stabbed.

MintBlue92 posted: »

And the ability to stuff anything into your back pockets. Also Mitch did not die as a hero. He died as a idiot who did not plan his moves c

• Mitch might as well had strapped one of those bombs on himself before charging Lilly. Would've been more effective but still have the same result smh

• Mitch might as well had strapped one of those bombs on himself before charging Lilly

Would've been more effective but still have the same result smh

Mitch might as well had strapped one of those bombs on himself before charging Lilly. Would've been more effective but still have the same result smh

• That would have been fucking awesome.

Mitch might as well had strapped one of those bombs on himself before charging Lilly. Would've been more effective but still have the same result smh

• edited October 2018

Mitch was awfully too greedy on attacking Lilly you shut up a wait for the right moment but instead he jumped the gun.

• Not really, after Lilly killed him, she had her fighters open fire on the rest. So I can’t exactly say he died with purpose.

• He pulled a knife on Clem.

You don't get away with that.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Jeez. All this anger towards Mitch because he was angry for awhile. Live and let live.

• Lily went full Ramsay on that ass

• Mitch was an okay character though. Just a conplicated one

Sign in to comment in this discussion.