Episode 3 will be 3 hours long?

edited October 2018 in The Walking Dead

Hi guys, I have a question for all of you. Is it true, that Episode 3 "Broken Toys" will have 3 hours length? I've heard rumor, that one of the directors of episode 2 tweeted out saying, that episode 3 was "about and hour longer" than the previous two, but she then deleted it since too many people were asking her about it. So I want to ask you guys, is this true or just fake info?

I want to sorry, for my English, cuz I'm from Poland, so apologise for any mistakes ! :)

Comments

• You don't have anything to apologise for. English is a stupid fucking language.

• Fuck that!

• Yea I saw it too. I really hope its true

• Why? I'd be down for a 3h episode

DabigRG posted: »

Fuck that!

• So She really tweeted that ?

Yea I saw it too. I really hope its true

• Because we'd be sitting through a single episode for THREE hours.

Why? I'd be down for a 3h episode

• ...what?

Fuck that!

• Sorry man, but I think you're the only one here that would have a problem with that.

Because we'd be sitting through a single episode for THREE hours.

• Couldn't agree more...

You don't have anything to apologise for. English is a stupid fucking language.

• Great minds think alike.

Gauss99 posted: »

Couldn't agree more...

• edited October 2018

You do realize you can just leave the game after it has saved and then come back another time. You don't have to complete the whole episode in one sitting.

• Not on Youtube, I can't.

...Wait..

You do realize you can just leave the game after it has saved and then come back another time. You don't have to complete the whole episode in one sitting.

• I believe...and correct me if I am wrong, this is a first world problem.

• edited October 2018

It isn't a problem at all.

I believe...and correct me if I am wrong, this is a first world problem.

• ... i dont see the problem.

• I know right? I want longer!

• If this is true, I'd be surprised. @VengefulKenny Someone should ask Mudle and/or Howe if this is legitimate.

Episodes 1 and 2 were really only as long as they were because we were given MULTIPLE chances to explore a bit, as opposed to ANF's very few.

• Yeah, imagine the people who want to replay it on consoles but no rewind!

• About that..

Sorry man, but I think you're the only one here that would have a problem with that.

• I was not expecting a legit followup to the point.
    Curse you! :lol:

Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah, imagine the people who want to replay it on consoles but no rewind!

• First 2 episodes are pretty long, I'm surprised about last Telltale work. 3-4 hours are great.
    a 12-15hours for the full season seems OK to me.

• edited October 2018

There seriously exist people that'd prefer 2 hours over 3? Wtf I'd be so down for even 5 hours if it were possible. In fact, I wonder how incredibly long would the episode have to be for me to be physically forced to stop at a point and finish it afterwards.

• They better not be pulling our legs, 2018 has been a rough year for telltalegames there’s no room for fake news right now.

• Could be compensation for a short Episode 4. The achievements list for it is much smaller than ep1-3

• The longer the better, I always say.

• I know, who cares about internet points? There isn't a herd against you if you have little information on who these people really are. And thus, with his mystical aura he evanesced..
    my opinion, I've got a lotta shit to do these days and 3 hour episodes won't help, unless it's just really long gameplay segments or puzzles. I still have 3 more playthroughs I've got on my Watch Later, and even then I'm already somewhat burnt out/not bothered. I'm undoubtedly an eager fan, but long episodes really doesn't help. If the episode is good, then it's worth my money. Playtime doesn't actually mean anything to me, just quality. And, as evidenced by The Flaws of SFC thread, it's obvious the recent episode has a lot of problems, it's better than ANF at least.

I was not expecting a legit followup to the point. Curse you!

• Poland! One of my dream vacations :) Love Poland.

OP lives looking at this every day lol. :love:

As for the episode length. I was unaware but am extremely happy. I have been loving the extremely long 2 hour episodes over the old format of waiting as long for a half hour or hour long episode. Rather get more in 4 installment then less in 5 or 6.

• Any source for this claim? I'd be 100% down for an even longer episode if its paced well.

• edited October 2018

Trust me, Poland is not that beautiful everywhere ;)

ZombieKenny posted: »

Poland! One of my dream vacations Love Poland. OP lives looking at this every day lol. As for the episode length. I was unaw

• edited October 2018

You've still got Hard Bass.

I'm jelly.

NexusFire posted: »

Trust me, Poland is not that beautiful everywhere

• We sure do :D

BigBadPaul posted: »

You've still got Hard Bass. I'm jelly.

• I'd still go regardless of how beautiful it is, I've been stuck in Boston my whole life and it sucks.

• To be fair...no Country is beautiful everywhere....but that is a pretty awesome pic of Poland there.

• Weeeelll I hope it is 3 hours long.

Btw, im fron Poland too buddy.
    Pozdrowionka mordeczko xd

• edited October 2018

And that would be bad why? It was that attitude that got us 60-90 minute long episodes the last couple of years.

• I had not previously heard of this, but if it is true, then I am completely, 100% down for it. In no play through of Season 1 did I ever hit the 3 hour mark for an individual episode, having that long of an episode in TFS would be something truly special.

• From the AMA, so it sounds like episode 3 might not be 3 hours long, however since Kent mentioned it's heavily branched starting with whether you saved Violet or Louis, so maybe that along with whatever branching paths episode 3 will have could lead to 1 hour being unique depending on your choices across playthroughs?

• @Kennyshouladiedins1 I believe...and correct me if I am wrong, this is a first world problem.
    @UrbanRodrik ... i dont see the problem.
    @MetallicaRules And that would be bad why? It was that attitude that got us 60-90 minute long episodes the last couple of years.
    @Detective_John_Kimble I know right? I want longer!

Sheesh, ya'll sure interested in exasperation.

Sorry man, but I think you're the only one here that would have a problem with that.

• Sounds like it might be similar to the Batman season 2 finale episode, where it was only about 1 hour and 30-45 minutes but with about 3 hours of content because of the different paths

MichaelBP posted: »

From the AMA, so it sounds like episode 3 might not be 3 hours long, however since Kent mentioned it's heavily branched starting with whethe

• We've been begging TT for longer episodes now that we got em u want them like anf agian? FUCK outta here champ.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.