You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

Comments

• edited September 2009
    - You understood the Grog XD joke.
  • edited September 2009
    - When you went to watch the latest Harry Potter movie in the cinema dressed as Guybrush
  • edited September 2009
    -You've actually crossed guys off your list of "men who are actually worth dating" because they've never played Monkey Island.
  • edited September 2009
    - When you meet your girlfriend after drugging her dogs
    - When your girlfriend catches you in her room wearing drag
    - When your (now) ex-girlfriend is completely willing to let you hang to life by a thread as you tell her a story
    - and when turning her into a gold statue is no problem at all when considering your future life together.
  • edited September 2009
    Monthly!?! Is there going to be another one next month? Pleeeeasse say yes :D

Well... let's see... Three months, three ToMI episodes (we're waiting for the third one), and we made three Monkey Island tributes along with three "I wonder what happens" episodes...
    What do YOU think? :)
  • edited September 2009
    -You've actually crossed guys off your list of "men who are actually worth dating" because they've never played Monkey Island.

Wow, now That is Dedication! anyway, here are two.

-When you've memorized ALL the insults for insult sword fighting.
    -When you can sing ALL of Guybrush's barber shop quartet tryout songs by heart.
  • edited September 2009
    Well... let's see... Three months, three ToMI episodes (we're waiting for the third one), and we made three Monkey Island tributes along with three "I wonder what happens" episodes...
    What do YOU think? :)

I think you should do at least 5 every month. In fact I think you should be locked in a room and made to produce Monkey Island tributes, Monday Kerr episodes and musicals endlessly 'till the end of time.

That's what I think.
  • edited September 2009
    I think you should do at least 5 every month. In fact I think you should be locked in a room and made to produce Monkey Island tributes, Monday Kerr episodes and musicals endlessly 'till the end of time.

That's what I think.

Ummm... thank you, Lennie. That's... sweet of you.

*slides unnoticeably outside and runs home*
  • edited September 2009
    Ummm... thank you, Lennie. That's... sweet of you.

*slides unnoticeably outside and runs home*

*Enlists Morgan LeFlay to hunt SilverWolfPet down*

- You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when you send Monkey Island characters to hunt down other Monkey Island fans you meet on Monkey Island forums
  • edited September 2009
    - when you can't order an actual Grog without yelling a loud YAAAARGH!

- when you have a copy of the first three games on all your digital devices.

- when you ask your death-insurance guy what the price is of a "Cozy Crypt"

- when you know the ways of finishing all the games without the need of actual adventuring or refering to a walkthrough
  • edited September 2009
    -When you go to a bar, and order Grog.
    - When you actually, try and develop Grog.
    - When you beat out ron gilbert for voicing a MI Charachter.( What I'm known for. I guess.)
    - When your girlfriend gets sick of you calling her plunder bunny.
  • edited September 2009
    - When you squeal with excitement when you find a fellow fan in person. :)
  • edited September 2009
    When you have posted in a nonsensical forum over 300 times in 4 months.
  • edited September 2009
    - When you squeal with excitement when you find a fellow fan in person. :)

:D So true!
  • edited September 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    -When you go to a bar, and order Grog.
    - When you actually, try and develop Grog.
    - When you beat out ron gilbert for voicing a MI Charachter.( What I'm known for. I guess.)
    - When your girlfriend gets sick of you calling her plunder bunny.

you do know grog is a real drink, right
  • edited September 2009
    • say "I can't use the fork with that" to yourself at the dinner table and have your family stare at you
    • get disappointed when your latest sweetheart has never heard of MI and doesn't want to try it
    • when you attempt to force heavies and chavs to humour you in a game of insult swordfighting
    • ask said ruffians "would you like to be buried or cremated?"
    • ask local shopkeepers if they'd take pieces o' eight
    • revolve your free time around the TT fora
    • think that the only deserving winner of the Greatest Game Hero contest is Guybrush Threepwood
    • introduce yourself with title "Mighty Pirate"
    • eagerly await Grog XD to be auctioned on eBay
    • watch The Apprentice and call all the apprentices amateurs in an Australian accent
    • install the MI games on every new computer you acquire before anything else (except maybe the OS and ScummVM)
    • try to coerce your family and friends to take part in International Talk Like A Pirate Day
    • expect every large African American woman to be able to put you on the right path
    • think Eddie Van Halen should try the banjo
    • wonder if ppl with the surname Marley have Caribbean ancestors in their bloodline
    • expect Grog to be served at every bar but will substitute JD & Coke or weak beer & dark rum (Malibu with water & nutmeg also suffice)
    • see LeChuck in the LucasArts logo
    • ask local journalists if they'll take you to Deep Gut
    • look into a swamp and wonder where Pegnose Pete is
    • say "prepare to be boarded!" when starting out making love
    • call all girls wenches
    • tell ppl you'll put a curse on them if they don't leave you alone
    • wonder if a ship is worth plundering when you see it coming into port
    • challenge chimps and gorillas at the zoo to Monkey Kombat
    • hide from police in case they find out your occupation
    • expect to be tarred & feathered when pulled over for speeding
    • say "you crack me up, little buddy!" to your pet white rabbit. Oh, wait...
  • edited September 2009
    When you order a grog and wonder why it's not green and melting through your glass.
  • edited September 2009
    - when you sell fine leather jackets.
  • edited September 2009
    Grog XD! on Ebay!? What?
  • edited September 2009
    When you ask "Murray?" to each and every bone you encounter.
  • edited September 2009
    "Prepare to be boarded" when you make love? Are you serious? That's pretty bad, man.
  • edited September 2009
    you come to a local college party dressed as El Pollo Diablo
  • edited September 2009
    You check this thread more than three times per day.
  • edited September 2009
    You buy a frozen chicken from the supermarket and catch yourself subconciously checking for pulleys.
  • edited September 2009
    - When you give your kid a bottle of Root Beer to keep by the bed to keep the Ghosts away.

-when you make Voodoo Dolls of the characters and try to summon them into the real world.
  • edited September 2009
    - When you give your kid a bottle of Root Beer to keep by the bed to keep the Ghosts away.

-when you make Voodoo Dolls of the characters and try to summon them into the real world.

I'm so doing the root beer thing when I have kids. They'll never understand.
  • edited September 2009
    I'm so doing the root beer thing when I have kids. They'll never understand.

Once she's old enough to understand I'm gonna show her the 1st MI as proof that Root Beer Kills Ghosts. Now all I got to do is figure out how to prepare her for the Boogieman. :D

P/S: No kids yet? I'm surprised, you sound like a keeper to me:p
  • edited September 2009
    -When you are known as the creepy girl (or guy) who keeps a Styrofoam skull named Murray in their room all year long.
  • edited September 2009
    jortlaban wrote: »
    you do know grog is a real drink, right

Yes, grog is a real drink but in the context of you going to a bar and asking for grog, they look at you like your retarded, and making grog I was referring
    to this recipe.

water, light rum, grapefruit juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, cinnamon, and honey.
  • edited September 2009
    - when your husband and your sister's boyfriend both have an unspoken understanding that they will be MI widowers for the last weekend of every month and try to support each other through this time
    - when you're in Florida on honeymoon and demand to visit a restaurant called Salt Island simply because it looks like it came directly out of MI - garish colours and all
    - when you're in Florida on honeymoon and demand that you and your husband of 2 weeks stop in the middle of the street just because you swear you heard a tiki band playing the theme from MI at one of the bars
  • edited September 2009
    -When you introduce to your roommates and friends the concept of insult sword fighting. And actually get them to laugh at some of the insults.

-When ever you draw a certain pirate with a scruffy beard and his hair tied in a ponytail, same roommates automatically know who you are drawing.

-When your friend talks about evil possessed hands, you automatically jump to the conclusion of Tales of Monkey Island and not some other movies.

-When you yell at a Spanish Telemarketer "MADRE DE DIOS! ES EL POLLO DIABLO!" when they call you.
  • edited September 2009
    -You played the first chapter of TOMI the DAY IT CAME OUT even though you had just gotten 4 teeth pulled and your face felt like it just got hit by a truck

Same here :D Also, the excitement when you meet a 'real life' fan. It's like striking oil.
  • edited September 2009
    - when your husband and your sister's boyfriend both have an unspoken understanding that they will be MI widowers for the last weekend of every month and try to support each other through this time
    - when you're in Florida on honeymoon and demand to visit a restaurant called Salt Island simply because it looks like it came directly out of MI - garish colours and all
    - when you're in Florida on honeymoon and demand that you and your husband of 2 weeks stop in the middle of the street just because you swear you heard a tiki band playing the theme from MI at one of the bars

If he puts up with all that, he truly must be a keeper!
  • edited September 2009
    -When you yell at a Spanish Telemarketer "MADRE DE DIOS! ES EL POLLO DIABLO!" when they call you.

I say that all the time! HAhaha
  • edited September 2009
    -When you bought "On Stranger Tides" after hearing it inspired Monkey Island

-When you smiled when you found out that all of the MI themes and MP3s from the first 2 games shows up when you place the MI disc in your computer and you have Itunes open.

-When you don't think you're gonna make it until Tuesday for the next chapter.
  • edited September 2009
    -When you bought "On Stranger Tides" after hearing it inspired Monkey Island

-When you smiled when you found out that all of the MI themes and MP3s from the first 2 games shows up when you place the MI disc in your computer and you have Itunes open.

-When you don't think you're gonna make it until Tuesday for the next chapter.

Seconded. I need something to kick my Sam & Max withdrawal (finished both seasons now) and neither Strong Bad nor Wallace & Gromit are doing it for me.
  • edited September 2009

I really want a Spanish telemarketer to call me now...
  • edited September 2009
    When Ron gilbert and dave grossman come to you for advice on the next monkey island game.
  • edited September 2009
    Dr_Doctor wrote: »
    When you ask "Murray?" to each and every bone you encounter.

This reminds me of that ridiculous "Designer for a Day" contest entry. Anybody remember that?
  • edited September 2009
    I really want a Spanish telemarketer to call me now...
    Just make sure not to say it out loud in public. Did that once and I got pleanty of blank stares. ;)
    I say that all the time! HAhaha
    Right on! :D
    -When you are known as the creepy girl (or guy) who keeps a Styrofoam skull named Murray in their room all year long.
    I want a styrofoam skull now...

-When your brother talks about giant mutant chickens you dubbed it as El Pollo Diablo.

-Whenever you hear the word "farm" and/or "dairy", you quickly yell out "How appropriate, you fight like a cow!"

-When you do the Guybrush Dance be it to a catchy song or when you did something you're proud of. Or just for the heck of things.

-When you used a MI concept art for your Writing Class.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.