You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

Comments

• edited September 2009
    - when at work you try to think of concepts of how lechuck can be portrayed in the next game.
    - when you make MI fanart
  • edited September 2009
    - When you call your gf "plunder bunny!"
    - When you spend the time to read the whole of this thread! to actually know if your obsessed with MI when you know you allready are! :p
    - When you play all the TOMI first day it comes out then wait for your gf to get home to watch her play and laugh evily when she needs your help *tries to look innocent*
    - When you know the date of the next TOMI to come out and plan your whole week around it so nothing needs to be done when you sit down and play it.
  • edited September 2009
    - When you call your gf "plunder bunny!"
    - When you spend the time to read the whole of this thread! to actually know if your obsessed with MI when you know you allready are! :p
    - When you play all the TOMI first day it comes out then wait for your gf to get home to watch her play and laugh evily when she needs your help *tries to look innocent*
    - When you know the date of the next TOMI to come out and plan your whole week around it so nothing needs to be done when you sit down and play it.

ive done all of this, infact my now ex girlfriend told me she would always be my plunder bunny, and danced histerically when i told her earlier that episode 3 was out tomorrow, and i even convinced her big brother into buying them
  • edited September 2009
    I love this thread more and more everyday.

-When you left school early just so you could come home and play the newest chapter.
    -When you rant about details of the game to your friends just because you want to talk about it.
    -When you look up fan art for Morgan and Guybrush because you just can't get enough of them!
  • edited September 2009
    -When you've already beaten the third chapter and are now eagerly awaiting the fourth...
  • edited September 2009
    - when your sitting at work in agony waiting until you can be home to play chapter 3. knowing that your wife is already on your computer and FINISHED the chapter, :eek: errrr! the lazy land lubber! Eye's be goin to get ya!
  • edited September 2009
    thanatos56 wrote: »
    -When you've already beaten the third chapter and are now eagerly awaiting the fourth...

Ugghh! I FEEL YOUR PAIN! D; It can't be over already, can it?!
  • edited September 2009
    I love this thread more and more everyday.

-When you left school early just so you could come home and play the newest chapter.
    -When you didn't go to school at all, just so you could sit at home and spam F5 in your browser until you could play.
    -When you have every song and tune from the Monkey Island series on your iPod, and they are by far the most played songs.
  • edited October 2009
    When you pack to go camping you always make sure to bring your Monkey Island CDs/floppy disks, because you just can't bear to be parted
  • edited October 2009
    When u heard about Rubber Chicken u think back of MI 1 and 2

When you argue with ur friend u tell them, "You fight like a cow"
  • edited October 2009
    Ugghh! I FEEL YOUR PAIN! D; It can't be over already, can it?!

GAhhhhhh i heard its Oct 14th!
    Tell me its ture! isit true!?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused:
  • edited October 2009
    You Give DeCava every grub he wants.
    WITHOUT Cheats.;)
  • edited October 2009
    WITHOUT Cheats.;)

Oh GOD you are obsessed! And dedicated! I couldn't do it. I just couldn't.

Also, in regards to the previous comment about chapter 4 coming out Octiober 14th, I don't buy it. I don't buy it one single bit. >:[ I'm sorry but I've lost faith in the release dates after it took them more than a month to release the 2nd chapter. D;
  • edited October 2009
    WITHOUT Cheats.;)

I think the game would crash before you got to 10k. Did you ever try arguing with Rapp Scallion in MI2? After about 20 rounds (on a 1990 IBM PS/1) of "Give me the map and I'll check the gas for you," the game would run out of conventional memory and crash to DOS.
  • edited October 2009
    - When you start a thread about Murray merchandise and desperately want that Murray alarm clock
    - When you say "You fight like a diary farmer" during an argument with your girlfriend
    - When you actually try to make grog using the ingredients listed in the first game, and you can't find any red dye #2.
    - When the circus is in town and you're disappointed the Fabulous Fettuccine Brothers aren't on the bill
  • edited October 2009
    - When after a week of grueling midterms, instead of going to the big football game and/or the dozen frat parties currently going on, you stay in your room and cross-stitch Guybrush's shoes...
  • edited October 2009
    - When you buy the AtariST-Version of "Secret of Monkey Island" on eBay, because your first Monkey Island experience came from the AtariST.

- When you make flashmovies.
  • edited October 2009
    Majus wrote: »
    - When you buy the AtariST-Version of "Secret of Monkey Island" on eBay, because your first Monkey Island experience came from the AtariST.

- When you make flashmovies.

When you've watched said flash movies a million times over to the point where you quote them because they are just that good!
  • edited October 2009
    When you name your daughter after a character. Seriously. My 6-month old's middle name is Elaine. :)
  • edited October 2009
    -When you put your computer away for the month between the chapters. (Useless piece of junk with out MI)
  • edited October 2009
    When u stare at either 1 of the female chracter on MI ull get high or even worst u know what im talking
  • edited October 2009
    -when the fact that this thread hasn't gotten a new post in a few days makes you sad
  • edited October 2009
    When you actually think the proper Scumm verb before performing that action
    When you're trying to train yourself to be able to hold your breath for ten minutes
  • edited October 2009
    When you get your figure drawing teacher to call a skull (with no body!) "Murray" and now everyone in said class recognizes the skull as Murray.
  • edited October 2009
    - Whenever you don't understand something that somebody just said, you immediately reply with: "Who the what now?"
    - When reading Jeeves and Wooster by P.G. Wodehouse, you started screaming hysterically when there was a character with the last name 'Threepwood'
  • edited October 2009
    When you was a kid in school, pretending you was Guybrush, and walking up to people in the playground and talking randomly, and going around picking up random objects, and having the monkey island tunes playing in your head, while doing it, and also talking to yourself in the process saying "i cant pick that up" .......wow i was a weird child :P
  • edited October 2009
    - When reading Jeeves and Wooster by P.G. Wodehouse, you started screaming hysterically when there was a character with the last name 'Threepwood'

OMG OMG OMG! I must read that book!!
  • edited October 2009
    It's a whole series of books. The Threepwood family of Blanding's Castle is who Guybrush is named after.
  • edited October 2009
    doggans wrote: »
    It's a whole series of books. The Threepwood family of Blanding's Castle is who Guybrush is named after.

is it actually any good?
  • edited October 2009
    When you call your loved one plunder bunny and refer to big objects as the second largest thing you have ever seen!
  • edited October 2009
    is it actually any good?

It's hysterical. I haven't read them in years and this discussion is making me want to find them again. But yes, if you like that style of humor, you'll probably have to keep putting the book down to stop laughing. :D
  • edited October 2009
    Yes, Wodehouse is one of the most brilliant and respected satirists of all time. I can't read any of his books without giggling uncontrollably.

Of course, if you're not much for reading, you can also check out the (mostly) excellent Jeeves and Wooster TV series starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie, although the Threepwood family doesn't pop up in those.
  • edited October 2009
    Stephen Fry eh...?
  • edited October 2009
    The books are amazing and hilarious and the TV series made me only love them all the more, with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry at their best. The Threepwood thing is an added bonus that caused me to geek out.
  • edited October 2009
    This reminds me of that ridiculous "Designer for a Day" contest entry. Anybody remember that?

Eh, all too well! It was just terrible in so many ways; there were so many grammatical errors, it didn't make any sense, it's not against the law to call someone skinny anyway and it just wasn't funny!
  • edited October 2009
    When you laugh any time you hear the word "porcelain".
  • edited October 2009
    .... when you're happy to let your wife go to the zoo with her creepy ex to look at the monkeys, because you *trust* her, right? And plus, you get to hang around with that girl you found going through your trash.

.... when you cancel a £2000 Caribbean cruise on discovering it's not calling at Spinner Cay or Melee Island. Hell, you'd think that they'd at least go to Jambalaya Island! but no! I have to pick the one ship that steers clear of all the tourist traps....

(Oh, by the way - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blandings_Castle)
  • edited October 2009
    - When you stop to ask yourself; "What would Guybrush do?" several times a day.
  • edited October 2009
    -You have a personalised Monkey Island mug!

I just started at Cambridge and took said mug with me. Because it is awesome. And I want to see if any other late 80s/early 90s babies have played MI.
  • edited October 2009
    cettefemme wrote: »
    -You have a personalised Monkey Island mug!

I just started at Cambridge and took said mug with me. Because it is awesome. And I want to see if any other late 80s/early 90s babies have played MI.

Congrats on getting into Cambridge! Hope you have a great time at uni :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.