You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

Comments

• edited November 2009
    When you cursed Lechuck in the ending of CH 4 :mad:
    Damn Lechuck! hehe

When you don't actually hate monkey combat.

I liked it! I laughed a lot with the Guybrush´s dance xD
  • edited November 2009
    When you have to stop in the middle of sex because you keep yelling "call me Guybrush, call me Guybrush!" :p
  • edited November 2009
    rugby wrote: »
    Added:
    - You use the "English (Pirate)" language setting on your Facebook page. :D You should try it, if you haven't!

How great ii use it right now! :D

-If you try to do real Grog by combine everything in your pocket with the bucket full of water right beside you! :D:eek::D
  • edited November 2009
    -
    - When you think about Morgan frequently for an entire month because you know she's got some issues with her life, then at the end of the month you get to watch her become even less happy with her life, which then ends, then you spend an entire month thinking about her even more frequently.

Apparently I managed to associate a song I was listening to a lot with Morgan during the first half of that last one, because shortly after I started listening to it, it reminded me of Morgan every time I heard it.

I managed to associate a song with Guybrush and Morgan. It's sad. But it really made the song a whole lot better - not that it wasn't good in the first place, it had just grown dull after listening to it several times.
    Good Left Undone by Rise Against, if you're curious. *shrug*
    (Thought about writing a songfic, then got writer's block)

Oh, that reminds me:

-You write Monkey Island fanfiction. Bonus points if it's on scrap paper after one of those boring standardized tests as you wait for everyone else to finish. (Guilty as charged.)
  • edited November 2009
    Rootbeer+Vodka+Breathmints=Half-rootgrog? (Hard to find real grog nowadays.
  • edited November 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    When you have to stop in the middle of sex because you keep yelling "call me Guybrush, call me Guybrush!" :p

oh my god...
  • edited November 2009
    When you scour the four corners of the internet looking for the latest emulators, patches and installers in order to get the classic games working on your computer despite the fact that you have played them all so many times you know every puzzle off by heart and can recite every line of dialogue!
  • edited November 2009
    When you spend two hours copying a sprite of Morgan LeFlay by hand so you can insert it into a screenshot of MI2 to make a joke about staring at women's chests.

I spent the last two nights beating SoMI: Special Edition, and I spent tonight beating LeChuck's Revenge from start to finish and doctoring that screenshot. I'm gonna go do something constructive now. Like sing Welsh folk songs at the bank. Or have a yelling contest with my neighbor's dog. Or paint a yellow line down the middle of my driveway. Or photocopy money. Or plant trees on public land. Or paint a stranger's house in the middle of the night. Or talk to a member of the opposite sex.

Or maybe I'll just turn off my computer and go to bed.
  • edited November 2009
    oh my god...

I should point out it was a joke because we're both MI fans...(and we didn't stop)...!

Too much info? :p
  • edited November 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »

LOLOLOLOLOL! Good stuff, man.
  • edited November 2009
    ...when your screen looks like this:overkill.jpg

The only reason why escape isn't on there is because I couldn't figure out how/was too lazy to window it.
  • edited November 2009
    You've learned to live with what you are.

(Ben Folds Pirate fans will appreciate. True story: this has been me for the past six months.)
  • edited November 2009
    When you paint swimwear on MI characters to entertain fellow fans.
  • edited November 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    When you paint swimwear on MI characters to entertain fellow fans.

Teehee...:p
  • edited November 2009
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    The only reason why escape isn't on there is because I couldn't figure out how/was too lazy to window it.

There's no way you could actually play them all at once without crashing your computer. Unless you have a supercomputer. In which case, congrats!
  • edited November 2009
    Tirink wrote: »
    There's no way you could actually play them all at once without crashing your computer. Unless you have a supercomputer. In which case, congrats!

Actually its just a regular ol' laptop. (Though it was laggy as hell and the lappy was complaining the entire way through.)
  • edited December 2009
    When you are seriously upset that the TOMI is over, and are still on the forums complaining about it
  • edited December 2009
    When you have to mentally restrain yourslef from typing guy.brush instead of guybrush (guy was his placeholder sprite name, and it was a .brush file, which is where his name came from)
  • edited December 2009
    -When you teach the little kids you babysit every word to "Monkey in my Pocket".
    -When you spend two days sewing a stuffed "Plunder Bunny"
    -When you hug a total stranger because he mentioned that he liked Monkey Island
  • edited December 2009
    Friar wrote: »
    When you have to mentally restrain yourslef from typing guy.brush instead of guybrush (guy was his placeholder sprite name, and it was a .brush file, which is where his name came from)

Actually...
    Mostly true, but Wikipedia actually gets the details slightly wrong. For the obsessively detail-oriented among you: The DPaint extension for brush files was .bbm (remember that file extensions could only be three letters in those days). The file was named guybrush.bbm, but the "brush" was included by Steve Purcell, who did the drawing, rather than by DPaint itself.
  • edited December 2009
    Actually...

I was just going by what i read in Retro Gamer the other day. Still pretty neat though.
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah, until Dave Grossman made that post, there probably wasn't an accurate account of the origin of his name on the internet (well, not anywhere prominent anyway). I'd always heard it was guy.brush, but in a way it's cooler that Purcell did it unintentionally.
  • edited December 2009
    Leonilla wrote: »
    -When you hug a total stranger because he mentioned that he liked Monkey Island

thank god i'm not the only one who does that.
  • edited December 2009
    Tirink wrote: »
    -You write Monkey Island fanfiction. Bonus points if it's on scrap paper after one of those boring standardized tests as you wait for everyone else to finish. (Guilty as charged.)

Oh man, I've done this too (after a test and everything!). ^^; Pity none of mine is any good. I'd love to read some good MI fanfic.

= When you occasionally run up to your friends and rattle off an insult (You´re no match for my brains, you poor fool!), and then laugh when they don't know the proper comeback.

= When you have second thoughts about drinking the last root beer... you never know when it might come in handy...
  • edited December 2009
    When you still read these forums, even though the game is over.
  • edited December 2009
    ~You're proud when people ask you how you met your husband/wife, and you can say that the reason you met was because the other had their favorite game listed as 'Monkey Island" In their online profiles.

~Your wedding cake toppers were sculpted to look like guybrush and elaine

~ The dog is named Guybrush.
  • edited December 2009
    - you move around the office like the Phatt Island librarian
  • edited December 2009

God I wish my roll-ey chair didn't suck. Most fun mode of transportation ever.
  • edited December 2009
    Syrynx wrote: »
    ~You're proud when people ask you how you met your husband/wife, and you can say that the reason you met was because the other had their favorite game listed as 'Monkey Island" In their online profiles.

~Your wedding cake toppers were sculpted to look like guybrush and elaine

~ The dog is named Guybrush.

Hahahah this gives me hope for my own future.
  • edited December 2009
    -When you've got the themes from the different games on your MP3 player :)
  • edited January 2010
    When, during the night, you dream about a second season of Tales.
  • edited January 2010

That's me! That's me! Can't elevate the chair as much, though. My turn:

-You have played four different editions of SMI.

(Okay, a little bragging here :D. My father bought the 16-color version in the early nineties. A few years later I bought the 256-color version. When the diskettes became corrupt LucasArts were nice enough to send me the Monkey Island Madness CD. And now I've recently finished MI:SE. That's four. Count 'em. End of brag.)

- You are humming Monkey Island themes so often that your girlfriend has learned them all.

- You find yourself posing as Guybrush in front of the mirror.

- You really really want to know the tune for "Plank of love".
  • edited January 2010
    Nosehair wrote: »
    - You really really want to know the tune for "Plank of love".

They should really have used it at the end of Rise of the Pirate God. Maybe we'll get it on the DVD.
  • edited January 2010
    - When you dreamt you married Guybrush last night and wake up really really disappointed
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    When you get overly excited that your animation teacher's name is Dominic.
  • edited January 2010
    when you get overly excited that your animation teacher's name is dominic.

omg omg omg!!!
  • edited January 2010
    When you scramble around your kitchen looking for an egg, hair of the dog that bit ya and a pepper after a new year's eve party (Note: That is NOT me! I'm not old enough!)
  • edited January 2010
    When you finish reading this tread and are dissapointed it's over...
  • edited January 2010
    It's not over!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.