**HUGE SPOILERS** What was the point of it

Comments

• Sorry man,i'm just extremely disappointed.

Sarunas21 posted: »

Damn, sorry bro. Shitty or not I was just trying to lighten the mood. I wasn't bashing your opinion on the episode or anything.

• Would Kenny kill her if he was here?

So glad we got to kill Lilly "I don't wanna die" Caul. She's an evil bitch, the things she did are horrifying and she got exactly what she deserved.

• 110% yes lol

Joshua1991 posted: »

Would Kenny kill her if he was here?

• I think you mean episode 3.

But yeah, if there was a bit of Narm Charm before, now it just trickled a little bit more before fuckin nosediving. Or popped except not really, as the walkthrough I saw showed.

• I cheered when AJ shot her. Bitch had it coming.

• Episode 4, we learn Christa's the leader of Delta.

• No worries, I get it. I loved the episode, but as I played and got to the 3rd act especially I could see where some people would have major issues with the episode in regards to Lilly. Like I said earlier, I wanted a redemption arc for her cause I liked her character, but I wasn't banking on it.

I still liked what I saw from Lilly as well as the influence she has over Minnie. Up until the ship deck fight, I saw that she still had no intention of killing Clem. I foolishly spared her. But I wasn't expecting any drastic change in her. For those that spared her, maybe next episode? But again, I was just interested in what she had to say and I like the way they did it too with the close focused shots of her face and then Minnie's falling expression etc.

iFoRias posted: »

Sorry man,i'm just extremely disappointed.

• People are forgetting if you spared Lilly you still have a chance for one.

No worries, I get it. I loved the episode, but as I played and got to the 3rd act especially I could see where some people would have major

• I dunno what you guys are talking about. I thought that Lilly was a great villain, maybe even the best we've had.

Like, what did you want from her? Did you want Clementine to hug her or something? That's dumb.

Telltale did a great job with her in this episode. I genuinely wanted to see her dead.

• Was the song Violet sung written exclusively for the episode or is it a cover of something?

I dunno what you guys are talking about. I thought that Lilly was a great villain, maybe even the best we've had. Like, what did you want

• Lol everyone here hates this episode and what they did to Lilly well I guess you can’t please everyone

• edited January 2019

I think they're more upset under the idea that it'll end up being a Joan situation in ANF where you kill her she's written out of the plot, if you let her live, she's....well, written out of the plot. I think people are scared and./or upset that an interesting character like Lilly was just brought back to (potentially)be written out of the plot like Joan.

People are forgetting if you spared Lilly you still have a chance for one.

• At least Lilly was a villain we had history with in the beginning, no one cared or liked Joan. Some of us liked Lilly.

I think they're more upset under the idea that it'll end up being a Joan situation in ANF where you kill her she's written out of the plot,

• Won't say the best we've had, but she's definitely one of my favorites. I loved how manipulative she came off towards Minnie and how in control of the situation she appeared in the cell.

I dunno what you guys are talking about. I thought that Lilly was a great villain, maybe even the best we've had. Like, what did you want

• Didn't Nicki Rapp confirm she did voice work for Episode 4 though? And she's a way bigger character than Joan, she's definitely going to factor into the finale if spared. A redemption arc isn't overly likely at this point though lmao, she's wayyy too far gone.

I think they're more upset under the idea that it'll end up being a Joan situation in ANF where you kill her she's written out of the plot,

• She won't be written off if she survived. Her VA recently twitted that she recorded her final lines. So she will appear in the next episode.

• Exactly my point, that's why they're upset. We have history with her and some of us even like her. They're afraid of her getting treated like Joan. A lot of them probably killed her, so for them, she's already written out of the plot which feels like a waste.

At least Lilly was a villain we had history with in the beginning, no one cared or liked Joan. Some of us liked Lilly.

• Yup she confirmed this. I wanted a redemption arc but I'm not disappointed with what we got. In fact, I liked it a lot. Killing her seems to end this prematurely so if for no other reason, keeping her alive will hopefully send off her character properly.

Didn't Nicki Rapp confirm she did voice work for Episode 4 though? And she's a way bigger character than Joan, she's definitely going to fac

• Personally the fans have a right to their opinion but we at least we have this episode? A few months ago we were all in a fetal position with a beer in our hands depressed Ep 3 wouldnt be released.

Exactly my point, that's why they're upset. We have history with her and some of us even like her. They're afraid of her getting treated lik

• Yeah, I know. I'm just trying to read the mindset of the ones who showed disappointment. But to rebuttal, we don't know how long she's gonna be in the episode for. Could be just the first act, could be longer. I don't really care how, but I do want her send off to be done properly.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

She won't be written off if she survived. Her VA recently twitted that she recorded her final lines. So she will appear in the next episode.

• Very very true. I'm just glad we got it. Even happier that I ended up enjoying it so much. I'll have to mull it over a bit, but I think I'll have this episode at Top 5 when it's all said and done. Every emotion it gave me was totally real.

Personally the fans have a right to their opinion but we at least we have this episode? A few months ago we were all in a fetal position with a beer in our hands depressed Ep 3 wouldnt be released.

• imo this is the best episode since Starved for Help. AJ reaction to Violet and my Clem's kiss was adorable. Do you think she'll ever explain her relationship with Vi to AJ? Do the others know Violet and Clementine are together?

Very very true. I'm just glad we got it. Even happier that I ended up enjoying it so much. I'll have to mull it over a bit, but I think I'll have this episode at Top 5 when it's all said and done. Every emotion it gave me was totally real.

• I'll have to do the Vi playthrough soon cause I love them just as much as Clem and Lou. But I think she will. Either that or they'll just make it clear by how they act with one another. And considering their time together has been very lowkey, I don't think anyone really knows. And if they do then Jesus, those walls are paper thin.

imo this is the best episode since Starved for Help. AJ reaction to Violet and my Clem's kiss was adorable. Do you think she'll ever explain her relationship with Vi to AJ? Do the others know Violet and Clementine are together?

• In my playthrough when Violet was going to ask Clem to dance I thought it was code for Bow Chicka Bow Wow

I'll have to do the Vi playthrough soon cause I love them just as much as Clem and Lou. But I think she will. Either that or they'll just ma

• edited January 2019

I think you hit the nail on the head entirely. I got really carried away on this reply but this rant has been festering for a while, sorry :c

Considering how hyped up they made Lilly's return, I was pretty shocked when the option came up to shoot her. I'll be entirely honest when I pressed it just to see what would happen, only to go "WAIT HE ACTUALLY SHOT HER" when that happened. Kinda like how I tried to shoot her with the bow at the end of episode two, and she just rolls out the way, I was expecting some Mickey Mouse bullshit to happen if you told AJ to shoot. But, nah fam, she ded. What a waste. And, with the determinant curse - spooooooooky! - I think it's safe to say she has gone the way of the Kenny. Jane. Luke. Lee dodo. She is an EX Lilly, now.

It's also a real kick in the balls, considering how I was on her side to a worrying degree in season one - mostly because I struggled to get along with Kenny, in a major way - only to have her try and kill Clementine at every opportunity she got. Her vocal performance was amazing, you could really feel the fear she was feeling when she yelled "Don't you fucking dare, AJ!", but it's overshadowed by the - frankly - piss poor writing of her character. It almost reads like a really bad fanfiction of someone who's demonizing Lilly. You know, the kind where like Jane is drowning babies or David is planning to drop a nuclear bomb on Gabe, or something. "Lilly, who lost her home and her group to raiders, is now a raider who kidnaps children and has no moral qualms about it." Hell, even her 'parable of the sisters' spiel sounded like something you'd hear from that guy in the new Far Cry game. The culty one. I didn't play Far Cry but I watched the trailer. Joe Seed, I think?

I suppose there was always the worry that the villain was going to be a bit one note/do a disappearing act, considering how Joan - UGH - was handled in A New Frontier, but on the other hand I don't see why they couldn't have just used an original character. Lilly really did mean a lot to me in Season One, yet one of her first lines in The Final Season is pondering if Lee maybe kidnapped Clementine or something. Which is, might I add, fucking bullshit, considering how much she sidled up to Lee in getting him to help with the investigation, and how Carley pointed out that Lee and Clementine was the only family Lilly had left. AND she offered to let me come with her on the RV when she fucked off. I mean, c'mon, none of these choices matter at this point. It feels like the game is punishing you for not being on Kenny's side, by saying "yeah well Kenny was a golden god in season two while Lilly is a murdering psycho, bet you feel real stupid now huh?"

I also feel Telltale/the "Still Not Bitten" team have this huge love affair with Season One, and seem to think that references to stuff we've already seen can make up for a lack of good/fresh ideas. We had a dream scene with Lee, a la No Going Back, we had another herd walking scene a la every fucking season so far, we had "sheltered character gets freaked out by guts" a la Sarah during In Harm's Way, and the amount of Lee references in this game IS TOO DAMN HIGH is nearly incessant.

An example of this is when James asks if I ever let someone turn, and I let out an audible 'ooooh' as I imagined a dialogue wheel which could be like:

• Lee (If you let him turn)
    • Jane (If you saved her in S2 and stuck with her, but didn't shoot her) or Kenny (same but about Kenny)
    • Her parents
    • Abel, if you kept him as a walker, otherwise silence

But, nah, AJ started yammering on about Lee again. Another example was at the beginning of Episode Two, where AJ asks about why Clementine left Lee to turn and if that's like murder? Why not bring up how I shot Kenny, or tried to kill Abel, or anything other than Lee? The game is so fixated on the distant past and the glory days, it seems to forget that there are many other character defining moments that happened between then and now. Lilly is a huge victim of this, as her dialogue - as you said - is either "I'M A FUCKING KIDNAPPER KID DO AS I SAY OR FUCK YOU" or "hey Lee was kind of a dick even though he wasn't".

TL:DR - I totally agree with what you say about Lilly and Season One in reference to the Final Season. It all feels all over the place.

Poogers555 posted: »

They bring up the past constantly, but just nothing interesting as in what they've been doing they dont know about. They constantly talk abo

• I expected more from her, but it was an easy choice for me in the end.

No way am I letting Yu Narukami die.

• edited January 2019

I think we have a ''Batman Season 2 situation'' here
    If you kill her you're gonna have to deal with AJ going psycho
    If you spare her you're gonna have to deal with one last fight against her

• I liked Lilly up until she cut out Louis tongue. After everything she did, I let AJ kill her. I was so adamant that I'd let her live all the way but in that moment... Idk why I chose to let her die like that

• Jesus, some people are way to harsh towards it. Maybe the decision to kill or save Lilly has huge consequences in the next episode. Nobody knows yet, calm it.

• edited January 2019

I think the issue a lot of people, like myself, have with the choice itself is, at least in my opinion, Lilly had no interesting development before the choice was given to us. Rather, it felt like her character regressed/devolved, from where I was sitting.

Consequences or not, in my opinion Lilly went from an interesting character in Season One to a one dimensional caricature in The Final Season who was practically twirling a mustache the entire ten odd minutes of the episode she was in, which is a weird way to take the character. Don't get me wrong, everyone can feel how they want - more power to you if you enjoyed it, I personally didn't for the (maybe slightly heavy) criticisms I listed above.

GBDillon posted: »

Jesus, some people are way to harsh towards it. Maybe the decision to kill or save Lilly has huge consequences in the next episode. Nobody knows yet, calm it.

• My thoughts exactly,i really thought they had something more interesting planned for her in episode 3 but no..what a waste.

BHBrowne posted: »

I think the issue a lot of people, like myself, have with the choice itself is, at least in my opinion, Lilly had no interesting development

• That's why you should let AJ spare her, so you have more of her in the final episode, hahaha. Ha.

But yeah, she was pretty much ony used as a "OMG it's lilly" factor. Probably the biggest disappointment of the season. Still, it was obvious to me they'd just make her a murdering psycho after how they handled her in episode 2, so I didn't mind much this time and just enjoyed the episode. Might be my favourite of TFS.

• Looks to me like the Lily fans are just mad cuz they put faith into a terrible person.

• It feels like unless she turns out to be an amazing friendly jesus loving princess then some people think her character development is terrible. Everything she was is gone, and now she is just a plain murderer loyal to a terrible group. It would happen to a lot of people in the TWD world.

Looks to me like the Lily fans are just mad cuz they put faith into a terrible person.

• edited January 2019

I have no problem with Lilly being the villain but that was just lame,her amount of screentime was pathetic and her motivations..what's her motivations for why she's doing this again ? Oh right PIGS AND GRAINS.

God we didn't even get a scene of just us talking about our past to Lilly,no mention of Kenny at all or anything just "i always hated larry!!!" "seems like assholes runs into the family :XD:" lame,just lame.

She's one of the most wasted telltale characters ever,enough said.

It feels like unless she turns out to be an amazing friendly jesus loving princess then some people think her character development is terri

• Ik, people are just salty. I also find it interesting that many of the people who thought Lily wasn’t potrayed correctly are the same people who thought Kenny ruined S2 by him “hogging the spotlight” Like make up your damn mind, just because she’s a returning character doesn’t mean she has to be the same as before (it’s been like what, 7 fucking years?) or be included in every frame.

It feels like unless she turns out to be an amazing friendly jesus loving princess then some people think her character development is terri

• edited January 2019

I literally never said that Lilly had to have the same personality but make her interesting and maybe give her more fucking screentime,and better motivations for god's sake.

They could've just made a new and original character instead of butchering Lilly's character.

Ik, people are just salty. I also find it interesting that many of the people who thought Lily wasn’t potrayed correctly are the same people

• I thought she was plenty interesting, most interesting villain in the series. Hearing her talk about her past and knowing what I know about Larry from S1, I completely understand how she became what she was in episode 3. I mean it’s not like anyone in the motel group really liked her anyways (Ben even said she scared the shit out of him, thought that line was interesting considering how she scared the living shit out of most the kids.) and she shot Carley out of pure bitterness and then stole the van if u forgave her. Yea her character didn’t get a lot of development, but did it need too? And for people who kept her alive, who knows what will happen with her next.

I literally never said that Lilly had to have the same personality but make her interesting and maybe give her more fucking screentime,and b

• God we didn't even get a scene of just us talking about our past to Lilly

What's even the point of having a scene like that? Telltale has already referenced the past seasons enough in my opinion (the saltlick, the whole scene with Lee, etc. etc.)

I have no problem with Lilly being the villain but that was just lame,her amount of screentime was pathetic and her motivations..what's her

• edited January 2019

Literally all they've fucking referenced is season 1,that's all they fucking ever do in this game,it's like season 2 never existed.

What about the wellington ending ? Like give us a dialogue option to talk about Kenny to lilly to trigger her or whatever i don't fucking know man,she got like 15 minutes of screentime and told us some shitty story about her father,wow epic what an interesting villain.

God we didn't even get a scene of just us talking about our past to Lilly What's even the point of having a scene like that? Telltal

Sign in to comment in this discussion.