Even more parallel scenes

It's amazing how many scenes are alike.

God bless everyone.

Comments

• edited January 2019

I'ts almost like there's been six games and Telltale already reuses shit. :wink:

• Well, every game sequel I think has similar scenes to its predecessor.

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

DabigRG posted: »

I'ts almost like there's been six games and Telltale already reuses shit.

• I think they do it on purpose; not because they ran out of ideas.

I'ts almost like there's been six games and Telltale already reuses shit.

• True. It's just that Telltale puts more capital on storytelling and thus the reused scenes, plot points, and even characters inherently stick out.

Well, every game sequel I think has similar scenes to its predecessor. Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• I see another parallel.(Really clever Telltale thought we didn't notice?)

• Nice one.

I see another parallel.(Really clever Telltale thought we didn't notice?)

• Carley says something to Lilly along the lines of "You're nothing but a scared little girl." just before she gets shot in the head.
    That's pretty much the same thing as what James says to her on the boat. And guess what, shortly after Lilly wants to kill James.

Lilly has a trigger.

• True.

True. It's just that Telltale puts more capital on storytelling and thus the reused scenes, plot points, and even characters inherently stick out.

• Definitely could have added Ariana to the whole don't face the camera part. Forgot about that one. Thanks.

• Nice one. The FS does seem to be taking a lot from season 1.

God bless you.

Onmens posted: »

Carley says something to Lilly along the lines of "You're nothing but a scared little girl." just before she gets shot in the head. That's

• You're welcome.
    There's an M, btw.

Definitely could have added Ariana to the whole don't face the camera part. Forgot about that one. Thanks.

• In Ariana's name?

You're welcome. There's an M, btw.

• Yes. Can't spell Mariana without M.

In Ariana's name?

• Not a parallel, but I like the irony of Lilly being against Kenny's boat plan in season 1 only to end up on a boat.
    I guess she was right though, it was a bad idea for her to get on a boat.

• Oh lol for some reason thought her name was Ariana. Thanks for reminding me.

Yes. Can't spell Mariana without M.

• Grande

Oh lol for some reason thought her name was Ariana. Thanks for reminding me.

• Yeah, I mentioned that in my episode 3 trailer analyses video. I actually was like wondering if Clem would be able to ask her "Can the swim" since she was like "because we assume the can't swim."

God bless you.

Onmens posted: »

Not a parallel, but I like the irony of Lilly being against Kenny's boat plan in season 1 only to end up on a boat. I guess she was right though, it was a bad idea for her to get on a boat.

• edited January 2019

just so yall know everytime someone ask Kent Mundle if x scene was a parallel to y he says its a complete accident, they arnt that clever fellas.

• "...Do it."

To be fair, I can sorta believe that, since it's relatively easy to do--particularly since there's like six of these games. But still, some of it just feels too on the nose and indulgent to not be that.

Poogers555 posted: »

just so yall know everytime someone ask Kent Mundle if x scene was a parallel to y he says its a complete accident, they arnt that clever fellas.

• I'll have to look for his exact quote but someone brought up something asking if it was a parallel scene and it felt like there was no way they didnt notice or did the parallel on purpose but he said they didnt and were unaware. Ill go on a lookout for that.

"...Do it." To be fair, I can sorta believe that, since it's relatively easy to do--particularly since there's like six of these games. But still, some of it just feels too on the nose and indulgent to not be that.

• It was about the first scene of the game in the car people were like "holy shit guys this is just like in season 1 with the cop and Lee in the police car!!!"
    and it turned out that it was just an accident and they didn't do it on purpose.

I'll have to look for his exact quote but someone brought up something asking if it was a parallel scene and it felt like there was no way t

• Yup that was it, the whole intro being in a car and looking at the rear view mirror. Seems like it had to have been intentional but they were actually unaware of it. Seems like 95% of their throwbacks that could be interesting are just "Oops didnt mean it."

iFoRias posted: »

It was about the first scene of the game in the car people were like "holy shit guys this is just like in season 1 with the cop and Lee in the police car!!!" and it turned out that it was just an accident and they didn't do it on purpose.

• A lot of parallel scenes by mistake then?

God bless you.

• I could believe that, it's not spot on.

God bless you.

iFoRias posted: »

It was about the first scene of the game in the car people were like "holy shit guys this is just like in season 1 with the cop and Lee in the police car!!!" and it turned out that it was just an accident and they didn't do it on purpose.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Honestly I get the impression most of the clever 'callbacks' in games/film/TV are unintentional, and that most people just roll with it once it's pointed out like "yeah haha we totally did this on purpose, it's pretty clever r-right guys"

I mean hey, free opportunity to look smarter/cooler than you actually are, who passes on that deal (unless they have unflinching moral principles)?

• Credit to Shit-Sticks for finding this

• She looks so annoyed in her proper paranoia. :lol:

Credit to Shit-Sticks for finding this

• I have one When Clem breaks out of the cell and Minerva tries to stab her to death and if im right its similar to Kenny trying to stab Jane

• They have, like, three fuckin callbacks to that shit in the epsiode.

I have one When Clem breaks out of the cell and Minerva tries to stab her to death and if im right its similar to Kenny trying to stab Jane

• Eh, Minerva gets on minerves.

I have one When Clem breaks out of the cell and Minerva tries to stab her to death and if im right its similar to Kenny trying to stab Jane

• Kind of. They can also steal supplies from delta.

God bless you.

Credit to Shit-Sticks for finding this

• Yeah tru. Even how she gets a tip of Clem's skin.

God bless you.

• edited February 2019
    • Season 3

Tripp: God effing dammit Francine! One of these days those doors are gonna close, and your ass will be on the other side!
      Francine: Yeah. And when that day comes Tripp, I promise I'll eat you first.

• Season 4

Louis: Fine! I'll do it! But if I die, I'm making sure Walker Louis eats both of you first!

Clementine: Then you better bury me deep! Because if I come back, I'll come for you first!

• edited February 2019

Oh, and this isn't a parallel for the Final Season but it's a parallel from the Second and the third which I find funny.

• Season One

Lily: If we carry on like this, we'll get through the winter here.
      Kenny: The winter? We'll freeze our asses off here!

• Season Two

Kenny: Think about it. Fresh water, lots of land, and cold ass winters so the walkers get slow!

• Season Three

Clementine: (about AJ) Well, the heater's broken. He's cold.
      Kenny: Only makes sense to head for Florida sooner than later. Leave all this snow behind, right? Hell, I'm gonna have to find some shorts!

Clementine: Yeah, no kidding. It's freezing outside. The sooner the better, for sure.
      Kenny: No more winters ever again Clem.

I mean goddamn Kenny! Which one is it? Do we freeze or do we melt?

• Yeah, can't say I didn't pick up on that one.

* Season 3 Tripp: God effing dammit Francine! One of these days those doors are gonna close, and your ass will be on the other side!

• True, nice.

God bless you.

* Season 3 Tripp: God effing dammit Francine! One of these days those doors are gonna close, and your ass will be on the other side!

• Kenny is an impulse guy. He basically just decides and then does. Rebecca of season 2 had him pegged. He doesn't think things through.

Oh, and this isn't a parallel for the Final Season but it's a parallel from the Second and the third which I find funny. * Season One

• Saw this and thought it was really awesome. I never noticed!
    https://tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/melanix8og-arts/181781260800

• What?

Pyreflie posted: »

Saw this and thought it was really awesome. I never noticed! https://tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/melanix8og-arts/181781260800

Sign in to comment in this discussion.