Comments

• NikolahNikolah ModeratorVerified

Looks like those aliens landed...

• Well, that was unexpected. Get on that hype train, TWAU S2 might still happen, bois!

• TWAU 2 will happen for sure my dude. :)

Pipas posted: »

Well, that was unexpected. Get on that hype train, TWAU S2 might still happen, bois!

• thank u kind aliens

Nikolah posted: »

Looks like those aliens landed...

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Waaaaait. Wait, waitwaitwait.....

So you're telling me that Telltale Games has not only been bought out to reissue its expired games, but there's a chance that the company is resurrected to continue making some projects??

• Judging by the article it's not only possible, but it WILL happen.

AChicken posted: »

Waaaaait. Wait, waitwaitwait..... So you're telling me that Telltale Games has not only been bought out to reissue its expired games, but there's a chance that the company is resurrected to continue making some projects??

• edited August 2019

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WE'RE BACK BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• edited August 2019

My god this might be real.
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/28/20835854/telltale-games-return-walking-dead-lcg-entertainment

Telltale Games, which shut down last year, is coming back after its assets were purchased by a company called LCG Entertainment. The new company will sell some of Telltale’s back catalog and will work on new games based on a few Telltale-associated properties, as well as new licenses.

some workers from the original Telltale Games will be offered freelance roles, with full-time positions possible in the future.

Ottilie confirmed that the new business has back-catalog rights to licensed properties The Wolf Among Us and Batman as well as full rights to original Telltale games such as Puzzle Agent. “There are some other expired licenses that we’re looking at,” he said.
    The status of previous Telltale licenses such as Borderlands, Game of Thrones, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Minecraft has not been announced. When asked about Telltale’s previous plans to release a game based on Stranger Things, he said that the rights had reverted back to Netflix.

“This is a viable business that went away due to market conditions and some scale choices [Telltale’s previous management] made,” he said. “I like games that tell stories and I think our industry should have a company that specializes in narrative-driven games.”
    the company is looking at evolving Telltale’s episodic model. “We will probably keep the concept of episodes but with different pacing. This is a different world, from a media consumption standpoint. We need to look at how people like to entertain themselves. I like the idea of binge watching.”

The revived Telltale Games will be based in Malibu, California. “We’re going to stay small over the next six months and we will work for more of a distributed development pipeline than Telltale was known for,” Ottilie said. “We’ll focus on tools, technology and design in-house. Some things like animation and motion capture will be done with the right partnerships externally.”
    “They brought me some of my favorite stories to play and they did an amazing job building a company. It’s unfortunate the way that it ended. Certainly we’re working very hard not to make similar mistakes.”

• edited August 2019

i have... no words.

EDIT: Looks like they've updated the Games page: oddly out of Telltale's most recent games it only includes the Batman games and The Wolf Among Us. Not to get mine or anyone else's hopes up, but are those the series we could expect continuations of?

• some workers from the original Telltale Games will be offered freelance roles, with full-time positions possible in the future.

Only offering freelance roles to former employees seems like a shitty thing to do tbh.

My god this might be real. https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/28/20835854/telltale-games-return-walking-dead-lcg-entertainment Telltal

• Huh, this is certainly interesting, I'll keep my eyes on it, not sure how this will go, but it should be interesting at the very least.

• Yes. They have the rights to those two properties. Sadly no TWD anymore.

hemfbg posted: »

i have... no words. EDIT: Looks like they've updated the Games page: oddly out of Telltale's most recent games it only includes the Batma

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2019

Going to the "News" section under the Press Release there's another article there:
    https://www.telltale.com/were-back-but-there-are-changes/
    Which says this in a section:

What is going to happen with the Other Telltale Games?
    Currently we are publishing Batman: A Telltale Story, Batman: The Enemy Within, The Wolf Among Us, Puzzle Agent, Puzzle Agent 2, Hector: Badge of Carnage, and RGX Showdown. We hope to add to that list in the near future.

So I would assume those are the only games they can show on that page until further notice.

hemfbg posted: »

i have... no words. EDIT: Looks like they've updated the Games page: oddly out of Telltale's most recent games it only includes the Batma

• While it's good that the chances for Wolf 2 are now higher than before, this whole announcement is everything but. It's just two dudes who bought the brand. Brand don't make games. There's a giant red flag above thus whole situation.

• edited August 2019

False. A lot of telltale employees are brought back. Emily confirmed this on her twitter (cant link on phone). The initial "Its only telltale in name hurrdurr" is nonsense from people who knows nothing what happens behind closed doors. This is legit and real. Naturally all employees can't be brought back, but several are coming back for now.

GSSalvador posted: »

While it's good that the chances for Wolf 2 are now higher than before, this whole announcement is everything but. It's just two dudes who bought the brand. Brand don't make games. There's a giant red flag above thus whole situation.

• I just checked. Sounds a bit better, but the whole freelancing stuff is just wrong. I'm looking forward to see how it'll all turn out!

captainivy1 posted: »

False. A lot of telltale employees are brought back. Emily confirmed this on her twitter (cant link on phone). The initial "Its only telltal

• It's probably the best they can do currently.

I just checked. Sounds a bit better, but the whole freelancing stuff is just wrong. I'm looking forward to see how it'll all turn out!

• edited August 2019

I hope so, because freelance jobs in the video game industry basically means lots of crunch, unpaid overtime, no job security and no severance.

It's probably the best they can do currently.

• Oh, that's neat. Thought they'd have completely new staff.

False. A lot of telltale employees are brought back. Emily confirmed this on her twitter (cant link on phone). The initial "Its only telltal

• While this is true, this is essentially a newfound company. The new owners probably wants the employees to stay on for the long run. Since it is a new comany, they can't really afford a bad rep this early.

I hope so, because freelance jobs in the video game industry basically means lots of crunch, unpaid overtime, no job security and no severance.

• Situation is obviously still developing, but we do know that "some" former Telltale people have been signed on. (according to Emily Grace Buck)

1 hour ago, no one she knows was contacted.

just a few minutes ago, Emily reported that more than one former Telltale staff have been hired.

• edited August 2019

It's been confirmed by Jamie Ottilie in a Forbes interview that there's already mix of contracted and hired former Telltale employees with more to come soon.

"A lot of the work right now has been about stabilizing the catalog and just getting the transition done. We've used a mix of a former Telltale people, both as hires and as contractors, to make that part work. Later this year, we'll announce our first game. That will include some additional folks that will be rejoining us at that point."

They've also revealed that their first game will be announced later this year and that they're gonna put their focus on the one game and "do it right."

While this is true, this is essentially a newfound company. The new owners probably wants the employees to stay on for the long run. Since it is a new comany, they can't really afford a bad rep this early.

• It seems like it's the best they can do, and also they're in very early stages so maybe when they actually want to start creating a new game and they have enough support for it they'll hire them back.

I just checked. Sounds a bit better, but the whole freelancing stuff is just wrong. I'm looking forward to see how it'll all turn out!

• She always does that lol

Situation is obviously still developing, but we do know that "some" former Telltale people have been signed on. (according to Emily Grace Bu

• edited August 2019

Ah that sucks, I hope things get better for her. But I kinda feel it's a little disrespectful as it's possible some of the people that have already been hired/contracted by New TT are her friends.

Ghetsis posted: »

I feel bad for our Community Mannager. https://twitter.com/carolineliddick/status/1166699416071237635

• Definitely. No disrespect to Caroline, but this is rude and selfish. I understand that she's still coping with it but instead of saying it's not telltale and disrespecting her old co-workers, she should be happy for the people they hire.

Emily did the same thing but now she apologised and inform everyone she was wrong, which is great. Caroline should learn from that.

lupinb0y posted: »

Ah that sucks, I hope things get better for her. But I kinda feel it's a little disrespectful as it's possible some of the people that have already been hired/contracted by New TT are her friends.

• It might just be that she hasn't heard of the news yet like Emily. Either that or she's just bitter like Job was when he was fired.

Definitely. No disrespect to Caroline, but this is rude and selfish. I understand that she's still coping with it but instead of saying it's

• Several people told her on Twitter, where she is currently active right this second. Trust me, she's heard. Best case scenario is that she realises it's a good thing.

It might just be that she hasn't heard of the news yet like Emily. Either that or she's just bitter like Job was when he was fired.

• Depression rate drops to 0%

• edited August 2019

Okay, while Caroline's comments about the situation are pretty selfish given that we know former Telltale staff have been hired full-time already, I can't blame her for her animosity.

We're talking about a company that offered practically no creative freedom to its employees until the final year of its life, barely any profit coming into the company, workers constantly fired then hired just before they'd be fired, and a bankruptcy scandal that employees are still shaken about. (Apparently the class-action lawsuit about Telltale breaking worker ethics rules in severance pay is still ongoing)
    To Caroline, I'm sure "Telltale Games" means nothing but scary, sad times for her. Some employees got PTSD or PTSD-like conditions after the shock bankruptcy. From the NoClip documentary, I'm sure I remember Caroline saying she needed therapy (and still did at time of recording the doc) after leaving the company.

While all this sounds nice, given the track record of the two new owners of Telltale (making mobile licensed games about Duck Dynasty and Power Rangers), I'm not entirely convinced if this will all work out. At the very least I hope they can get whatever delisted Telltale titles back on sale... though even then: the licenses for Borderlands, Walking Dead, GOTG, and Minecraft all seem to have returned to their owners at this time.

I feel bad for our Community Mannager. https://twitter.com/carolineliddick/status/1166699416071237635

• UMMMMMMM

DOUBLE UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• Oh man... TWAU 2 might actually fucking happen!

• edited August 2019

To be fair, Pete Hawley was the senior vice president of Zynga, a company that developed Facebook games before becoming the CEO of Telltale, and under his management, Telltale busted out two of its best games before the company went kaput, so I don't think it means all that much, and it honestly seems like they prepared as much as they could (company, IPs, assets, employees, games, etc) before making the announcement.

But yeah, I agree that it's best to be cautiously optimistic just in case.

Okay, while Caroline's comments about the situation are pretty selfish given that we know former Telltale staff have been hired full-time al

• Not to be rude to her but do not take anything she says as factual, every time something with Telltale is going on she has given info that was wrong and misleading causing more drama, just for it to not be accurate at all.

Situation is obviously still developing, but we do know that "some" former Telltale people have been signed on. (according to Emily Grace Bu

• What else has she said in the past? I haven't really followed the happenings of the former Telltale employees once the company went belly up.

Poogers555 posted: »

Not to be rude to her but do not take anything she says as factual, every time something with Telltale is going on she has given info that was wrong and misleading causing more drama, just for it to not be accurate at all.

• edited August 2019

This is what I want from this new company:

• Wolf Among Us Season 2
    • Original IP
    • New gameplay formula
    • Screw the Telltale tool, get a better engine. Is it still going to be Unity?
    • Focus on one or 2 projects ONLY
  • Kinda what she said last time "Skybound actually isnt HIRING ANYONE ITS A LIE" and then back peddling. She also said other things like all female characters were rigged to wear high heels which then animators from Telltale came out and said was a lie, also said Minecraft was rated M and then back pedal, pretty much everything she has ever said that makes you scratch your head about Telltale isnt real.

What else has she said in the past? I haven't really followed the happenings of the former Telltale employees once the company went belly up.

• My opinion is that, yeah everything that happened with Telltale is truly horrible and sucks and I feel sorry for her, but she shouldn't be taking her anger out on this. So what if it isn't a full revival of Telltale and the company won't go back to how it was before closure? That has nothing to do with this, this is different, it's people digging into their pockets and deciding that they can make 'telltale style games' work. They won't be able to cure her trauma and depression unfortunately.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.