• Yes.

Yo.......... Am I dreaming?

• bro wake up you've been in a coma for-

• Yes this is all a dream.

• Ah good though this was real for a sec, nvm 😳

Yes this is all a dream.

• It's been 20 years since the accident Wiso. It wasn't your fault. You need to wake up.

• tfw you see they updated the "feature games" to Batman 1, 2, and Wolf Among Us and have Wolf Among Us as the dedicated focus on the trailer on the home site

its happening bois

• I still can't believe it. We've gone from total hopelessness to complete unbridled joy. This week's been so crazy.

Poogers555 posted: »

tfw you see they updated the "feature games" to Batman 1, 2, and Wolf Among Us and have Wolf Among Us as the dedicated focus on the trailer on the home site its happening bois

• Y'know, it's pretty reassuring that this revival has a focused team that seems to know why they're bringing the company back and what they can do with it.

Firstly, it's to try to put Telltale's games back on storefronts. Cool. Best of luck to them with that, since there's a lot of people interested in finding Telltale's old games.

Secondly, they plan to continue making games and even continuing iconic franchises that Telltale has made. Starting off, they managed to reclaim two high-profile and fan-favourite titles, that both have perfect openings for a new sequel.
    The Wolf Among Us 2 - a game announced by Telltale after a long, long 7 years of waiting, only to die alongside the company, never to be seen...
    Batman - whose second season is lauded to be the best work Telltale's done in years and a huge improvement on S1's storytelling and budget. There was just enough setup and loose threads for a Season 3 to be made, and one that many people were expecting further down the pipeline (instead of something else that's wanted like TFTB... that we all know is unlikely given that it would mostly be Gearbox's decision on continuing it or not)

• Looks like we're getting Wolf 2. But even amongst all of the revivals we're still suffering a great loss.

RIP this meme's relevance. Although context kept changing from the day I made it back in 2016 it always remained true for 3 goddamn years.

Press F to pay respects

• Bigby pulls out reverse card on Clem

Joe_Momma posted: »

Looks like we're getting Wolf 2. But even amongst all of the revivals we're still suffering a great loss. RIP this meme's relevance. Alth

• I really enjoyed Batman: TEW but the sales looked pretty bad. I would enjoy a 3rd season but I'm not sure if they will go down that route, at least initially. Probably best to play it save with the first title.

AChicken posted: »

Y'know, it's pretty reassuring that this revival has a focused team that seems to know why they're bringing the company back and what they c

• I feel like they're going to have to really change things up if they plan to do a third season, but I'm not really sure what they could do to attract more people to it.

Maybe do away with the QTE's during fight scenes and incorporate some sort of Arkham style combat?

I really enjoyed Batman: TEW but the sales looked pretty bad. I would enjoy a 3rd season but I'm not sure if they will go down that route, at least initially. Probably best to play it save with the first title.

• Possibly, but that might already be too much for the team.

Also: the fights in Batman are incredibly well choreographed. I'd definetly miss those.

lupinb0y posted: »

I feel like they're going to have to really change things up if they plan to do a third season, but I'm not really sure what they could do t

• Ah yeah you're right, the fight scenes in both games are pretty damn good. I'd miss those too.

But if not that I really can't think of anything else that could attract a wider audience.

GSSalvador posted: »

Possibly, but that might already be too much for the team. Also: the fights in Batman are incredibly well choreographed. I'd definetly miss those.

• I would really enjoy 3rd season of Batman. One of the best Telltale games i have played.

• I'm not expecting a Batman S3 anytime soon, and you're right that S2's sales were unfortunately pretty low so who knows how a third one would perform.
    But the idea that they still have the license for use is a nice feeling.

I really enjoyed Batman: TEW but the sales looked pretty bad. I would enjoy a 3rd season but I'm not sure if they will go down that route, at least initially. Probably best to play it save with the first title.

• I really hope they don't toss QTE's away. I'm one of those sad bastards who adore them.

I feel like they're going to have to really change things up if they plan to do a third season, but I'm not really sure what they could do t

• Wowie, first time commenting in this forums in months. It’s great that telltale is back on their feet.

• They could heavily advertise it. I think Batman low sale was due because of the lack of advertisements

Ah yeah you're right, the fight scenes in both games are pretty damn good. I'd miss those too. But if not that I really can't think of anything else that could attract a wider audience.

• Advertisement or marketing in general is very expensive. That's why Telltale rarely ever did something more than trailers.

The reasons for the low sales of Batman: TEW are:

1. Telltale had its (creatively) worst year a year before and the whole gaming landscape knew.
    2. Batman: S1 was a techical catastrophe on consoles. It was unbelievably bad optimized and ran inexcusably poorly.
    3. S2 came barely a year later and sounded like a spin off, which admittedly can be attributed to poor marketing.
    4. Telltale fatigue.

They could heavily advertise it. I think Batman low sale was due because of the lack of advertisements

• Welcome back and good luck, Telltale!

• Keep on keeping on Poogers. Godspeed you.

• edited September 2019

TFTB credits reference. TFTB Season 2 confirmed.

Keep on keeping on Poogers. Godspeed you.

• That would take a massive budget to get right, so it wouldn't be worth it. It would constantly be compared to the Arkham games and people would judge and review games with the fighting in mind.

• New Tweet by Telltale. It's not really special, just to let people know they're back:

https://mobile.twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1171500169210163201

• tfw this is their first tweet after coming back

New Tweet by Telltale. It's not really special, just to let people know they're back: https://mobile.twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1171500169210163201

• edited September 2019

that TWAU twitter profile pic though

somethin fishy is going on here

tfw this is their first tweet after coming back

• NikolahNikolah ModeratorVerified

I guess they really like their iPhones. :D

New Tweet by Telltale. It's not really special, just to let people know they're back: https://mobile.twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1171500169210163201

• telltale pls

• Exactly my reaction :D

Pipas posted: »

telltale pls

• What's the problem? Don't you have a phone?

Nikolah posted: »

I guess they really like their iPhones.

• Guys we better start thinking about what connection TWAU could possibly have to an iphone. That's the answer to this cryptic tweet.

• TWAU 2 will release exclusively on iPhones confirmed.

captainivy1 posted: »

Guys we better start thinking about what connection TWAU could possibly have to an iphone. That's the answer to this cryptic tweet.

• Nah man, TWAU 2 will require an iPhone to play it, no matter what platform. You can't use a mouse and keyboard or a controller. Only an iPhone. Say hello to your new God.

BigBadPaul posted: »

TWAU 2 will release exclusively on iPhones confirmed.

• The Wolf Among Us 2 is announced but its just a mobile game

BigBadPaul posted: »

TWAU 2 will release exclusively on iPhones confirmed.

• I haven't been in these forums since 2018, but hearing the news... Man I'm so happy Telltale is back (in a sense).

• edited September 2019

"Well, it's not Kevin Bruner..."

That's an understatement. Check out his Linkedin:

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, while I have my doubts on whether TTG can come back, at the very least I'm thinking: "Well, it's not Kevin Bruner..."

• edited September 2019

Dude this is amazing. Very hopeful for the future.

patrickrc95 posted: »

"Well, it's not Kevin Bruner..." That's an understatement. Check out his Linkedin:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.