HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS THIS REAL

Comments

• edited August 2019

That's... really unfortunate. It might be a mix of grief from the sudden firing and jealousy of not being one of the rehired employees in both cases. I hope she eventually makes peace with all this.

Poogers555 posted: »

Kinda what she said last time "Skybound actually isnt HIRING ANYONE ITS A LIE" and then back peddling. She also said other things like all f

• Laura Perusco's still the best CM, always. No one will ever replace her.

Ghetsis posted: »

I feel bad for our Community Mannager. https://twitter.com/carolineliddick/status/1166699416071237635

• I was a lurker back then but I remember seeing her name. What was so great about her?

Laura Perusco's still the best CM, always. No one will ever replace her.

• She was always chill in every situation, didn't lash out and so fourth. I don't remember a lot too, but I know that I liked her more than Caroline or Job.

I was a lurker back then but I remember seeing her name. What was so great about her?

• edited August 2019

Welp, I guess Mark Hamill wasn't just speaking for Star Wars.

• Yall wanna see a Bruh moment?

Dont forget, Fuck Bruner bois

• edited August 2019

Fuck Kevin Bruner, man. He was never human, he is an EA secret employee.

Yall wanna see a Bruh moment? Dont forget, Fuck Bruner bois

• Yeah, while I have my doubts on whether TTG can come back, at the very least I'm thinking: "Well, it's not Kevin Bruner..."

• Of course, it's not like they're going to make a telltale game p2w. Hopefully they don't micromanage like Bruner did. Pete Hawley was at Zynga before Telltale, didn't that have something to do with Facebook Games?

• The revival

• edited August 2019

Yeah Zynga developed a bunch of Facebook games like Farmville and Draw Something. Nowadays they mostly do mobile games.

Of course, it's not like they're going to make a telltale game p2w. Hopefully they don't micromanage like Bruner did. Pete Hawley was at Zynga before Telltale, didn't that have something to do with Facebook Games?

• Are you sure that was Caroline? I thought it was one of the writers

Kinda what she said last time "Skybound actually isnt HIRING ANYONE ITS A LIE" and then back peddling. She also said other things like all f

• I'm saving my hype. Especially after Telltale's history of let down, after let down. I really do hope we see Bigby again though. If there's any game that makes a return. It NEEDS to be The Wolf Among Us.

The revival

• That was a reply about Emily Grace, not Caroline

Cheddarhead posted: »

Are you sure that was Caroline? I thought it was one of the writers

• yeah... i know what Im talkin about

• The only exceptions are the people who say "haven't played a Telltale game in a while, but I remember I liked their Borderlands one and their Wolf Among Us game. Those were really good, I would play the sequel"

yeah... i know what Im talkin about

• Been seeing way too many "not the same Telltale!" type of post when in reality Telltale has been way different ever since 2016 where all their real talent were no longer on projects and then left in early 2017, its like now a rebranding with new people is now suddenly not ok and Telltale games will be bad as if Telltale games didnt go to shit when basically the same thing happened just that there wasnt a shutdown and reopen inbetween.

The only exceptions are the people who say "haven't played a Telltale game in a while, but I remember I liked their Borderlands one and their Wolf Among Us game. Those were really good, I would play the sequel"

• Exactly, it would've probably been the same mediocre stuff like TFS with a ton of problems but the subreddit would think it's masterful writing. Only thing is, if Wolf 2 comes out and it were with the 'same Telltale' that everyone wants, more people would buy it now, so more people would realise it's mediocre. All theoretical btw, for all I know, Wolf 2 might've been amazing. I hope AdHoc employees work on it.

Been seeing way too many "not the same Telltale!" type of post when in reality Telltale has been way different ever since 2016 where all the

• Thats how I feel. I think Id rather try and do something completely new than just do the same old same old and get a mediocre product no matter what.

Exactly, it would've probably been the same mediocre stuff like TFS with a ton of problems but the subreddit would think it's masterful writ

• This is amazing news, but honestly I don't know how to feel about it? I came to terms with Telltale being gone, Telltale's closure hurt many people, myself included, and I think I should be ecstatic to see Telltale Games making a "revival", but it just feels weird I guess. At the end of the day, I am happy, but it isn't what we had before, sorry if my overall sentence is a mess, I am still wrapping my head around all of this...

• Brands don't make games. The people do. Telltale's "revival" simply doesn't mean anything yet. Once we get actual content, then you can ask youself that question.

This is amazing news, but honestly I don't know how to feel about it? I came to terms with Telltale being gone, Telltale's closure hurt many

• Agreed man, I am on the fence about it, I am pleased that the brand is active again, but the brand is meaningless without a workforce. So yeah, I will heed your comment, I totally agree, we need to wait and see what happens, but so far, the signs seem somewhat promising, but, let's wait and see...

GSSalvador posted: »

Brands don't make games. The people do. Telltale's "revival" simply doesn't mean anything yet. Once we get actual content, then you can ask youself that question.

• edited August 2019

They seem to be dedicated to righting this ship the right way up this time around.

Welcome back.

...just keep away from Kevin Bruner.

• Telltale's gameplay was outdated indeed, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with some innovation.
    Get some pointers from the other story based games that released recently and build from there.

They've had the right idea with TWD Season 4.
    I really liked the exploration aspect and the third person perspective. Felt like I was actually playing a game instead of watching a movie play out. Too bad it was rushed out. It had much more potential.

Thats how I feel. I think Id rather try and do something completely new than just do the same old same old and get a mediocre product no matter what.

• edited August 2019

I have to say, though, after reading the press release and the interview with the new CEO's by GameDaily, they at least seem to undrstand why Telltale ultimately failed, which is a little encouraging. They also said they want to take steps forward in terms of technology, so even though they have the right to use the Telltale Tool, they would very much not do that, which is also good. They also said that they don't want to let the fans wait too long for new stuff.

Let's hope this is serious.
    https://gamedaily.biz/article/1175/telltale-games-rises-from-the-dead-with-a-renewed-dedication-to-creativity-and-sustainable-business

• Yup I agree there. Season 4 was on the right track at the start but it fell apart for me with its gameplay part. For example in episode 1, sneaking around the school at night felt so good because it actually makes you walk the entire way, and then later eps just "poof" youre there. Built up way more atmosphere especially once you stepped outside. Felt like you had a real place in the world instead of the constant jumping.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Telltale's gameplay was outdated indeed, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with some innovation. Get some pointers from the other story

• We back boys. Let's get that TWAU hype train going!

• I still wonder what their "older" IP they have is. Kinda strange they didnt say what it was. My best bet is they own Poker Night. Maybe we will finally see Poker Night 3 with Bigby?

GSSalvador posted: »

I have to say, though, after reading the press release and the interview with the new CEO's by GameDaily, they at least seem to undrstand wh

• That's such a classic Bruner move I'm not even surprised.

• It's Puzzle Agent.

I still wonder what their "older" IP they have is. Kinda strange they didnt say what it was. My best bet is they own Poker Night. Maybe we will finally see Poker Night 3 with Bigby?

• It's Hector. You can see it with others under the "games" tab.

I still wonder what their "older" IP they have is. Kinda strange they didnt say what it was. My best bet is they own Poker Night. Maybe we will finally see Poker Night 3 with Bigby?

• Telltale is back,which means more juicy drama hmm oh yes..

um,yes,anyways this is interesting hopefully if they make wolf2 we get good wolf2 and not wolf2 cut in 3 episodes with a low budget

this is fucking insane honestly,the forums coming back alive again and again,and now telltale these guys just CAN'T fucking die i swear lmao

• Kevin Bruner learns Telltale is back and prepares to sue them again - August 28th 2019

• I'm not too knowledgeable in this, but I don't believe that they are affected by any previous lawsuit, by Bruner or by former Telltale Staff who sued the Old Telltale for violating the WARN Act, I think those lawsuits are to be dealt with by the former Telltale Board of Directors, could very well be wrong though

Kevin Bruner learns Telltale is back and prepares to sue them again - August 28th 2019

• edited August 2019

According to Stephen J. McManus, a Telltale Veteran, those reports about it being Three Episodes are false. To clarify, around the time that articles claimed that The Wolf Among Us Season Two would've had Three Episodes, he came out and said that the information being passed around were not true

iFoRias posted: »

Telltale is back,which means more juicy drama hmm oh yes.. um,yes,anyways this is interesting hopefully if they make wolf2 we get good wo

• I missed your memes so much, Poogers.

I can already see a golden era of memes starring Bigby and Bruce (if there is a Batman S3, pls Telltale).

Kevin Bruner learns Telltale is back and prepares to sue them again - August 28th 2019

• edited August 2019

Hi guys :)

Let me just say this is sketchy like sure absolutely but also...WOAH! If they really exhibit that passion and love this could be something incredible down the line. I'm cautiously optimistic, but at least some of these games are being brought back to store fronts and that's just frankly awesome

Also please let one of the IPs they can't talk about be Sam & Max. God pleeeeease!

• Puzzlebox was very kind. She wasn't as active as Job (which was honestly a good thing) but she knew how to build hype.

Laura Perusco's still the best CM, always. No one will ever replace her.

• edited August 2019

And to think this is the same fucking guy who felt sorry for the closure. I wish I could tell him off on twitter but I'm not a fan of that website. People who don't want to admit their own mistakes don't deserve respect or sympathy from anyone.

• K so the new CEO(s) have mentioned that they're committed to making Telltale staff up slowly, and have a 'healthy, non-crunch culture'.

https://gamedaily.biz/article/1178/telltale-games-20-is-committed-to-a-healthy-non-crunch-culture

Sign in to comment in this discussion.