HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS THIS REAL

1235»

Comments

• Good meme

Poogers555 posted: »

oman

• Man I missed these forums...kinda

• I hope that this time they try to make things slowly, one of the main reasons telltale went bankrupt is that they were making too many games in so little time, using lots of resources and tiring their customers with the same formula many times a year, so I hope that this time they take their time on making the best game possible, and then jumping to the next one.

• Was glad to hear about this and can’t wait to see what the future holds.

• they need to continue that stranger things game.

AronDracula posted: »

This is what I want from this new company: * Wolf Among Us Season 2 * Original IP * New gameplay formula * Screw the Telltale tool, get a better engine. Is it still going to be Unity? * Focus on one or 2 projects ONLY

• Not for me, sadly. Still haven't seen the show but I don't have the best times.

they need to continue that stranger things game.

• You should try it! :)

AronDracula posted: »

Not for me, sadly. Still haven't seen the show but I don't have the best times.

• edited September 2019

So heres something interesting, this isnt labeled as "Wolf Season 2" concept, but it 100% is. This was released after Telltale shutdown and at first it may look like its just episode 1, but the pause scene is a picture from episode 5, meaning it was made after episode 5 already released, meaning this video was using season 1 as an example for how the UI would look in season 2. Gotta say the UI would have been great seeing how this was the accepted concept. Really like the focus on neon lights.

source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JlvqVv

• Timed inspections is an interesting concept, needing to choose between examining or "touching" something before it runs off, or not being able to do either.

So heres something interesting, this isnt labeled as "Wolf Season 2" concept, but it 100% is. This was released after Telltale shutdown and

• Fake!

So heres something interesting, this isnt labeled as "Wolf Season 2" concept, but it 100% is. This was released after Telltale shutdown and

• real. well concept art.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aKn3k his work on the final season of twd

Fake!

• Does seem really interesting as it would make it so some hubs you just miss something and wont be able to see it again.

However, this video is interesting as it would imply it would still play a lot like a regular Telltale game, which conflicts a lot with what people were saying about it being "huge and something never done before by Telltale" when it looks like it was going to be pretty much the same format seeing how this is apparently the accepted concept.

dojo32161 posted: »

Timed inspections is an interesting concept, needing to choose between examining or "touching" something before it runs off, or not being able to do either.

• edited September 2019

The guy wrote on his ArtStation that it's "UI Aesthetic + Concept pass, showcasing my thoughts and take on what the UI could be moving forward," so it's more like this was just a way to pitch new mechanics early on in production while they were still figuring stuff out rather than it being indicative of what the final product would have looked it. I think it's more likely that it would have gone third person ala Final Season and Stranger Things.

Does seem really interesting as it would make it so some hubs you just miss something and wont be able to see it again. However, this vid

• That's lit, son!

lupinb0y posted: »

The guy wrote on his ArtStation that it's "UI Aesthetic + Concept pass, showcasing my thoughts and take on what the UI could be moving forwa

• Yes I figured it would be that third person style, but it looked like it was still going to keep that type of formulaic approach and not be "something super ambitious" if UI testing was basically the same as it would have been for Final Season, meaning it would still just be "talk, hub area, quick time events." and theres nothing wrong with that, but it doesnt scream super innovative like people were claiming. I do wonder how they would handle combat outside of QTEs though like Final Season was doing, I kinda wonder if it would be dropped for just QTEs as Im not too sure what Bigby would be fighting. (Bigby fights a bunch of homeless people on New York City Streets over and over for some reason)

The guy wrote on his ArtStation that it's "UI Aesthetic + Concept pass, showcasing my thoughts and take on what the UI could be moving forwa

• edited September 2019

Bigby fights a bunch of homeless people on New York City Streets over and over for some reason

It just becomes the Yakuza games.

I think it would have been cool if there were one on one fights with other Fables where you could actually take full control of Bigby in the scene and it just becomes a cool boss fight.

Just imagine you're playing it and it's all regular Telltale stuff, you meet a Fable you're about to fight and you ready yourself for them QTE's, but suddenly a big health bar pops up on the top of the screen, the camera pans behind Bigby's back as he cracks his knuckles, Bigby just rips off his shirt to fight another Fable and you have to do sick combos to beat the boss.

Yes I figured it would be that third person style, but it looked like it was still going to keep that type of formulaic approach and not be

• They were going to bring back the fucking book of fables... sad boy hours right here...

• Ooh I'm loving the concepts this guy was pitching. a new in-world UI would be cool, as well as the whole neon-heavy aesthetic.

• Thats what I was thinking to be honest, turn it into boss fights as if it were to take a real combat system I would expect it to be in the style of a beat em up, but I have no idea how they would do that narrative wise (unless they did some mindless drone magic thing but that would be pretty lame and not fit the themes)

It be pretty cool if there was boss fights like you said as well as making chase sequences more dynamic like a large set piece in New York that you run in the streets and have to dodge cars to catch who you are chasing.

Bigby fights a bunch of homeless people on New York City Streets over and over for some reason It just becomes the Yakuza games.

• If Bloody Mary were still alive I could see them doing something like that with her clones.

But I think it'd probably be better if it were QTE's when with more than one enemy, then switch into actual combat for boss fights.

Thats what I was thinking to be honest, turn it into boss fights as if it were to take a real combat system I would expect it to be in the s

• Nooo don't take away my QTEs. Every now and then like final season/story mode sure but telltale excels (well excelled) at cinematic QTEs. It be a shame to have that go away.

Bigby fights a bunch of homeless people on New York City Streets over and over for some reason It just becomes the Yakuza games.

• I think a mix of it would be good. Have certain fights be QTE's and big boss fights be actual combat. Maybe have the finishers of the boss fights be QTE's that lead into the next scene.

Nooo don't take away my QTEs. Every now and then like final season/story mode sure but telltale excels (well excelled) at cinematic QTEs. It be a shame to have that go away.

• Where is third person Wolf 2? It seems like they didn't actually get too much done. Release date gets pushed to 2019 so that it gets the time it deserves but I think it was because of development delays. Imagine if all this hype talk about it being the greatest and most revolutionary Telltale game ever was just in the concept phase. TFS clearly has a lot of budget cut issues, I think it's fair to assume that Wolf 2 would've had them too.

Does seem really interesting as it would make it so some hubs you just miss something and wont be able to see it again. However, this vid

• Don't remember they calling the game "the greatest and most revolutionary Telltale Game ever", the only thing that happened was employees saying the gameplay was really good, but thats it.

Ghetsis posted: »

Where is third person Wolf 2? It seems like they didn't actually get too much done. Release date gets pushed to 2019 so that it gets the tim

• No chance this is Telltale. It's like what people said with Batman and how they wanted good fights. If Telltale made good fights it would take way too much money. Then when they get it to work, turns out isn't nearly as good as Batman Arkham games. Kind of like a 'stay in your lane' kind of thing. Idk maybe they could pull it off.

Perhaps when they say innovative they mean it becomes an Open World game. How's that? Obviously not as big as LA Noire, rather the opposite (on a small scale, there's no point of traversing the whole map in a Telltale game so you walk into the cab) but there would be a lot more interactive elements. If that were the case then it wouldn't be episodic, which I don't mind. A mission marker pops up on the map on Snow's office with her icon. You go there and a Telltale cutscene plays where you get to make dialogue options. After leaving you have the option to go to two places, your choice, but on the way you can get distracted by something should you choose to investigate it. In the end you come to the same conclusion, it's the journey that matters. There are also side-missions. When third person fight scenes do happen, they could be like the ones in Bully but it's just a bunch of Fables using powers and you have to take them on using dodge rolls, sprinting, different attacks and grabbing people and throwing them into furniture that reacts. New engine.

• Thats what I was thinking. Its really hard to believe it when everyone goes "would have been insane and super new for Telltale" and then no one ever explains what that even means, and now theres this concept video showing that it would have been very similar to Final Season and not the next huge leap like it was being described as. Like you said, it very clearly never got that far in development so not sure how it could have been considered the way they were describing it.

Where is third person Wolf 2? It seems like they didn't actually get too much done. Release date gets pushed to 2019 so that it gets the tim

• Thats the dream right there and what I hope season 2 ends up being by New Telltale with its small semi open world like you were describing. But I doubt that was the direction they were going when they meant "huge and new."

Remember back when GOTG released and they were like "new environmental movement options are fucking insane, never before done!" and it was just being able to use your boots to go up a level and still be stuck on a linear plane?

No chance this is Telltale. It's like what people said with Batman and how they wanted good fights. If Telltale made good fights it would ta

• I thought it was their Stranger Things series what was rumored to shake up the Telltale formula and be a totally new kind of series for the company.

Thats what I was thinking. Its really hard to believe it when everyone goes "would have been insane and super new for Telltale" and then no

• edited September 2019

A lot of ex-Telltale staff for some reason whenever they talk about Wolf 2 describe it as something huge and widely ambitious never before done at the studio, but would never ever elaborate pass that, while actual reports report it as having almost no budget and not being large scale.

AChicken posted: »

I thought it was their Stranger Things series what was rumored to shake up the Telltale formula and be a totally new kind of series for the company.

• It was supposed to!

A lot of ex-Telltale staff for some reason whenever they talk about Wolf 2 describe it as something huge and widely ambitious never before d

• If you know something we don't, you should tell us. Really tired of being jerked around every time this game comes up.

It was supposed to!

• Not to anger you but, I already have! You do realize that if they meant it to be big and they had financial problems there would be Budget issues. Hence why the game reportedly doesn't have a budget. Never said I knew anything, And I never said I wouldn't tell anyone. I'm sorry you feel this way. I feel that way too.

booper posted: »

If you know something we don't, you should tell us. Really tired of being jerked around every time this game comes up.

• I get what you mean now, sorry, I misunderstood.

Not to anger you but, I already have! You do realize that if they meant it to be big and they had financial problems there would be Budget i

• :smile: Its A-Okay!

booper posted: »

I get what you mean now, sorry, I misunderstood.

• edited October 2019

~~~

Sign in to comment in this discussion.