Possible Wolf 2 and Batman Shadows Edition Leak (Pics AND Video!)

edited December 2019 in General Chat

So if you haven't already seen @booper posting around, on reddit this was posted.

https://i.imgur.com/QIcNI0F.jpg

If this is real Batman Shadows Edition is small visual enhancements, being able to return to the Batcave at any time in both games, Bruce being able to have a beard as well as choosing different suits, Batman can have different look gear, and that the cosmetics are unlocked by finding new secret collectibles - finding them all lets you play as Bruce in his underwear the whole game.

Following that apparently theres a 30 second trailer for Wolf 2 that gives no info at all other than the 30 second trailer.

So discuss boys, what we thinking? Guess it'll be proven or disproved by tonight anyway

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/e9jmgo/batman_shadows_edition_and_the_wolf_among_us_2/

Comments

• edited December 2019

No way. No way, no way, no way!

Holy cow this is happening! It's got to be!
    I see no reason why Batman needed 'visual improvements' or the ability to give Bruce/Batman different skins, but... Wow a new telltale product is on its way. Doesn't seem big enough that I'd buy it on release though.

And really? Underwear Bruce? At least you'd have to play through the game itself to unlock it, but if they use that as a selling feature of the game I think it undercuts the great story presented within the product.

Really weird 'update' to the game, but OK.

• edited December 2019

If it's true, it lines up with what the leaker from a few weeks ago said about players being able to lightly customize Bigby's appearance in Wolf 2. Maybe they're giving the feature a trial run in Batman to see how it works out?

For everyone who isn't up to date: A guy posted to the Wolf subreddit claiming to have leaks on season 2 and posted pics for proof. You can find them if you do some digging in the Off Topic thread, but they showed Bigby and a few other returning characters with several new models for characters from the comics like King Cole and Kay. Cole's model looks like a modified version of the SFM fam model of the Civilian from TF2, which we used as the smoking gun to call the leaker out as fake. He deleted his posts and account a few days later with no explanation.

Here's what he had to say about season 2:

-it will take place a few months after season 1 in the winter
    -main villain is the Walrus from the Walrus and the Carpenter poem in Alice in Wonderland
    -there will be a time management system; you have to solve the murder before New Years, and every major choice you make will progress the timer by another day
    -there will be light RPG elements in the form of a stat distribution system that will function like speak checks; by funneling in points to stats like Authority, Strength and Speed, Bigby will have more options in the dialogue trees
    -Bigby's appearance will be customizable like Bruce's in Batman: Shadow Edition
    -your choices from season 1 will be imported
    -almost everyone from season 1 will return along with King Cole, Kay, Boy Blue and Cinderella from the comics; there will also be a new original character tied to Bluebeard
    -development is still in its early stages; only a season outline, concept art and a teaser trailer has been completed
    -the usual Telltale voice cast will return to reprise their roles
    -teaser shows shots of a neon soaked city followed by a character running in first-person through the Woodlands; ends on them reaching Bigby's office where he looks up at them and says a one liner
    -still in very early development, only an outline, storyboards, concept art and the trailer are done
    -will not be released in episodes

• I never played the second Batman game, if this is real would it be worth waiting for this to come out instead?

• Depends. I'm not sold on it without knowing all of the new features, and we don't know what kind of bugs it'll have. I'd say wait until we find out more about it and then use your best judgement.

fwiw I loved season 2, it's up there with TWDs1 and Wolf for me.

TheFurryOne posted: »

I never played the second Batman game, if this is real would it be worth waiting for this to come out instead?

• I mean if its real it apparently comes out in January so might as well wait by then.

TheFurryOne posted: »

I never played the second Batman game, if this is real would it be worth waiting for this to come out instead?

• finding them all lets you play as Bruce in his underwear the whole game.

lol wtf

really hope Wolf 2 will be there i don't care if it's just a short teaser of 30 seconds it's the perfect place to announce it please don't fuck this up

• Where does it say it'll be out in January? That seems WAYYY too soon of a release.

Poogers555 posted: »

I mean if its real it apparently comes out in January so might as well wait by then.

• First sentence on the reddit post.

I mean doesnt seem to far off seeing how its already rated. Everything they said being added doesnt really scream "months of work" needed to be done if its all just gonna be cosmetics and a filter of some kind.

lupinb0y posted: »

Where does it say it'll be out in January? That seems WAYYY too soon of a release.

• Also heres a comparison of the this "leaked" Batman and the original Batman

• Ah crap. Sorry, thought you meant the release date for Wolf 2 was in January.

That release date for Batman makes sense though.

First sentence on the reddit post. I mean doesnt seem to far off seeing how its already rated. Everything they said being added doesnt really scream "months of work" needed to be done if its all just gonna be cosmetics and a filter of some kind.

• HOLY SHIT IS IT REAL?!?!?!

• Imagine they show nothing of wolf 2 at this point.......

• Customizable clothing has existed in other Telltale games. Tales From The Borderlands immediately comes to mind.

We shall see if this is true. We shall see...

• Is this 30 seconds of wolf 2 trailer available anywhere guys?

• edited December 2019

This TWAU2 photo looks way more legit than the picture the first reddit leaker showed us. Bigby's model looks much better IMO. I don't want to get my hopes up, but tbh it looks like this actually could be real.

• Doesnt seem like it, only this picture.

Is this 30 seconds of wolf 2 trailer available anywhere guys?

• Yeah i noticed that. I think they're still working on it to make a complete official trailer.

Doesnt seem like it, only this picture.

• If this leak is true its probably means the Game Awards reveal, which is tonight, so if its real there should be a complete trailer. (Leaker did not say if it was the VGAs though)

Yeah i noticed that. I think they're still working on it to make a complete official trailer.

• Leaker posted more pics.

• edited December 2019

IT’S HAPPENING, AND I AM GOING TO SCREAM

Not many people noticed that there are 3 gifs of the wolf trailer attached to the post, this 100% looks legit. New bigby model and all

https://m.imgur.com/R3jjbZ1?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• edited December 2019

Guys... I think it's safe to say now that WE ARE GETTING THE WOLF AMONG US SEASON 2. Or at least I do hope so, because those gifs definitely look like a real thing.

EDIT: I did some thinking, because I had gotten too excited lol and all I'm gonna say is: come what may. If it's true and we're getting The Wolf Among Us Season 2 then I'm super happy. If it's not true, then - well, it was good to believe for a while and the gifs look cool anyway.

• @lupinb0y get the butter and the hot dog bun, we're getting RPG stats, cosmetics and a TF2 mod playing King Cole.

• Do we know if this is related though? Other one might have just been 100% fake.

booper posted: »

@lupinb0y get the butter and the hot dog bun, we're getting RPG stats, cosmetics and a TF2 mod playing King Cole.

• Is this it gamers? Have we won?

• I guess we'll know for sure if the trailer has the first person view running through the Woodlands and Bigby opens the door. That being said, the weird neon blue lighting in these matches up with the lighting in some of the old leaker's pics.

Do we know if this is related though? Other one might have just been 100% fake.

• edited December 2019

I'm not seeing much of a difference between this model and the original one, unless my eyes are worse than I thought.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

IT’S HAPPENING, AND I AM GOING TO SCREAM Not many people noticed that there are 3 gifs of the wolf trailer attached to the post, this 100

• Despite the gifs and pictures, I’m still hesitant to get my hopes up. But you bet your ass I’m not missing the Game Awards tonight.

• Yes! I believed leaks from the start and I do not care if they are unrelated I really want that "eugh its you again" line. Can't wait for this even though its probably all we'll get for quite some time.

• Same, it looks convincing but I am still worried it wont be real. Leaker still hasnt said if its going to be at the VGAs or not though. Guess the nail in the coffin is if Batman releases in January and has the stuff they said.

Despite the gifs and pictures, I’m still hesitant to get my hopes up. But you bet your ass I’m not missing the Game Awards tonight.

• LCG said reveal is by the end of 2019, if it’s a wolf 30 second teaser ACCOMPANIED by the the Batman prerequisite trailer then it only make sense for the VGA’s, since if it was a trailer uploaded directly to YouTube outside an event it doesn’t make sense for the trailers to be together.

Same, it looks convincing but I am still worried it wont be real. Leaker still hasnt said if its going to be at the VGAs or not though. Guess the nail in the coffin is if Batman releases in January and has the stuff they said.

• It could be like that Telltale Summer update video.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

LCG said reveal is by the end of 2019, if it’s a wolf 30 second teaser ACCOMPANIED by the the Batman prerequisite trailer then it only make

• edited December 2019

I don't know about these leaks......they seem abit....um.....urban?

• Telltale summer update was considered a FLOP in-house. It was horribly ineffective at generating press and they weren’t planning any more from what I heard.

It could be like that Telltale Summer update video.

• Praise Biggo

• edited December 2019

So apparently they updated the post again saying that A Fairy Tale of New York plays during the trailer

Song from 1987 and about Christmas... plus that whole Fairy Tale in the title

• Hell yeaaaah!! That's it we'll have wolf 2!!!

booper posted: »

Leaker posted more pics.

• This song is horrible.

So apparently they updated the post again saying that A Fairy Tale of New York plays during the trailer Song from 1987 and about Christmas... plus that whole Fairy Tale in the title

• This has been me all day.

• I've a theory.

Do you guys think these TWAU2 leaks that line up were orchestrated by LCG to drum up the hype? I don't get how this stuff would get leaked seeing how small new TTG/LCG is.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.