Possible Wolf 2 and Batman Shadows Edition Leak (Pics AND Video!)

124»

Comments

• edited December 2019

I gotta say. I'm impressed after playing around with it in episode 1. I love how Bruce's scratch from cat woman sticks out so much, and the little details like the fire's brimming orange color.

• How are the night-time scenes? A lot of black tones involved? (maybe too much?)

A few of the promotional pictures released have me a bit worried that some details could be covered in... well... shadow due to how visually dark some scenes are.

I gotta say. I'm impressed after playing around with it in episode 1. I love how Bruce's scratch from cat woman sticks out so much, and the little details like the fire's brimming orange color.

• Here's a quick screencap I took.

AChicken posted: »

How are the night-time scenes? A lot of black tones involved? (maybe too much?) A few of the promotional pictures released have me a bit worried that some details could be covered in... well... shadow due to how visually dark some scenes are.

• Ok, pretty good yeah. And they really seemed to have chosen some great colours to accentuate. The red of the nearby buildings, Cat's goggles, the device she's holding... Nice.

Here's a quick screencap I took.

• Hey, so I've been playing Batman the Shadows Edition first season episode 2 and reached the choice of going either as Bruce Wayne or Batman to visit Hill and no matter what I do, I can't click any of the choices, I can move ADSW just fine(i'm using a computer) but every time I click my mouse, nothing happens. Could this be a bug or something?

• Try restarting your PC, and then unplug and then plug your mouse.

Hey, so I've been playing Batman the Shadows Edition first season episode 2 and reached the choice of going either as Bruce Wayne or Batman

• Din't work.

Try restarting your PC, and then unplug and then plug your mouse.

• It's only a 2 second leak but this already looks buttery smooth

We're finally getting games without the telltale engine bois

Wolf 2 better look like comic style Crysis

• NikolahNikolah ModeratorVerified

Good catch, we’ve confirmed the issue internally - right now the only work around I can offer is to use a controller If you have one. Our QA team is investigating if any other work arounds exist and I’ll update this post if one is found.

Hey, so I've been playing Batman the Shadows Edition first season episode 2 and reached the choice of going either as Bruce Wayne or Batman

• I don't have a controller but thank you, I appreciate it.

Nikolah posted: »

Good catch, we’ve confirmed the issue internally - right now the only work around I can offer is to use a controller If you have one. Our QA team is investigating if any other work arounds exist and I’ll update this post if one is found.

• NikolahNikolah ModeratorVerified

The patch which addresses this problem should be available now, if you want to update the game and give it another try. Let us know if you have further issues.

I don't have a controller but thank you, I appreciate it.

• It’s really cool that the LCG guys are churning out patches like that, old TTG was stubborn in terms of bug fixes sometimes

Nikolah posted: »

The patch which addresses this problem should be available now, if you want to update the game and give it another try. Let us know if you have further issues.

• I always assumed it was because the Telltale Tool was a bitch to implement patches in, but... maybe not if LCG's diligence has shown.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

It’s really cool that the LCG guys are churning out patches like that, old TTG was stubborn in terms of bug fixes sometimes

• Telltale's main games page has a list of all their currently owned products. Below them is the original release date for each IP.
    However, for some reason TWAU 2 and Batman: Shadows have different dates from when they were announced.

Wolf 2 was announced on December 12th, not the 11th.

Batman Shadows was the week after on the 17th, not back in November. Maybe that was when it was originally sent in for rating reviews?

• I noticed this too and thought it was a bit weird, especially Batman. Really confused to be honest with the Batman release with like 3 different dates and saying it wasnt releasing on Epic until later but then released same day as most anyway.

Also anyone else notice how the Telltale youtube channel has Wolf 2 listed as "Wolf Among Us 2" instead of "The Wolf Among Us 2" not a big deal but just personally I keep taking mental note lmao

(also I wish The Wolf 2 page had the logo instead of just the Wolf 1 art but seeing how this place isnt really being set up to be the go to place for news yet it aint a big deal really.) I do hope this place does get a bit more fixing after January when they start hiring more staff.

Telltale's main games page has a list of all their currently owned products. Below them is the original release date for each IP. However,

• edited December 2019

"Wolf Among Us 2" instead of "The Wolf Among Us 2" not a big deal but just personally I keep taking mental note lmao

Absolutely agree. Every other reposter is using this definite article, but not Telltale. Quite strange.
    It's not really important, but just strange.

Poogers555 posted: »

I noticed this too and thought it was a bit weird, especially Batman. Really confused to be honest with the Batman release with like 3 diffe

• edited December 2019

Posting this here too. About Batman.

There is going to be dlc download for Switch version too right? So I am safe to buy the games now and get the Shadows mode later when it comes?

• Yup. You can buy the games now, and there should be a DLC bundle for Shadows Mode for both seasons that releases later.

Playstation and Nintendo Switch should get it in the "near future" for some reason. So probably by mid-January at the latest, I'd say.

Posting this here too. About Batman. There is going to be dlc download for Switch version too right? So I am safe to buy the games now and get the Shadows mode later when it comes?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2019

In regards to AChicken's post about the dates - It's probably just a web dev thing, with that being the date that they finalized the draft of that page that they wanted to upload. This thing is sometimes common and I would not read too much into it lol.

• edited January 2020

So I've heard that one of the latest patches for Batman S1 fixed the Episode 2 flashback sequence that was broken for a while. (When released, it was fine, but after the Episode 5 update, the scene broke, resulting in missing models and oversaturated shadows obscuring the screen)

I don't know if the framerate's improved at all, but I wouldn't think so. Haven't played it yet to confirm.

However, it's interesting to note that the framerate can visibly be improved if the game only toned down its visual effects.
    I get that it was the company's switch to a newer Telltale Tool, but they put in too many new lighting effects and texture improvements that it was killing the game from within.

Check out this Nintendo Switch footage, where you can clearly see textures are a bit less detailed and some lighting effects are gone, but there's a much more stable framerate.

• edited January 2020

OUT NOW FOR PS4.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP2026-NPUB50490_00-BATMANSHADOWSBDL

There is also the Shadows Mode DLC for people who already own Season 1 or 2.

It links back to the Season 1, Episode 1 page, but the description mentions that it should apply to any episode of "The Telltale Series" or "The Enemy Within" that you own. So it's probably a bundle of both Season's shadows modes.

EDIT: Just bought the DLC (7$ CAD/5$ USD)
    I can confirm that the DLC is a bundle for the Season's modes. ~5GB for Season 1. ~8GB for Season 2.
    For some reason they've duplicated in my download list, so there's two S1 Shadows Mode and two Enemy Within Shadows Mode. But only one of each is downloading so it all seems good.

• Doesn't seem to be out here in Sweden yet so I'd guess it's not out in the rest of Europe either, but I can't say for certain.

OUT NOW FOR PS4. https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP2026-NPUB50490_00-BATMANSHADOWSBDL There is also the Shadows Mode DLC f

• Yep. It is not out in Italy too. Porco Dio

captainivy1 posted: »

Doesn't seem to be out here in Sweden yet so I'd guess it's not out in the rest of Europe either, but I can't say for certain.

• Batman: Shadows note

It appears that I've encountered a game-breaking bug. I died during the EP2 Bar Fight scene, (specifically for taking too long deciding between throwing a goon to the pool table or bar) and the checkpoint that saves just before the fight begins will not load. The game crashes, even when continuing from the menu.
    This, plus the fact that you can't restart an episode you're currently playing absolutely suuuuucks and has impeded my progress. (Technically I can advance to Episode 3, let that save, then restart Episode 2.)

Just a heads up for you all.
    LCG, please, patch in the ability to restart an ongoing episode. And for the love of everything that is holy, implement the Rewind feature (Scene Selection) for future titles.

• edited January 2020

Okayyy…. it gets even worse.
    I replayed the episode last night up until the point where Bruce gets to the Stacked Deck (the checkpoint before the hub section at the bar). By then, I turned the game off to continue it today.

Welp, once I continued my game and Bruce entered the Stacked Deck. I could not move around the hub section. Bruce can rotate on the spot, but he doesn't move around the room. He's stuck at the entrance.
    Luckily, the camera extends down the room enough to where Bruce can "interact" with the TV. This immediately starts the action where Bruce looks at the TV. However, when this action is over, Bruce is now located in front of the bar, unable to move, stuck in place again.. Luckily once more, you are now located in front of the bar where you can talk with the Bartender to start the encounter with Selina (and not disturb the almighty Frank's billiards game)

Good thing, there's another save point just as you enter the bar, so if you're stuck in place, you can quit, continue, and then the scene will play with Bruce already in the bar, and he can move around the room once more.

Here's footage of Bruce frozen stiff at the bar.

Batman: Shadows note It appears that I've encountered a game-breaking bug. I died during the EP2 Bar Fight scene, (specifically for takin

• I watched Bryan Dechart and Amelia's stream of TWAU episode 2 and 3 last night.
    They had Erin Yvette as a guest. Unfortunately "her lips were sealed" regarding season 2. Other than that she'll be in it ofcourse.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited February 2020

Wouldn't really call "2021" rumored considering the new Telltale CEO had previously said Wolf 2 wouldn't be releasing in 2020.

Wolf 2 won’t release in 2020, and when it does, it’ll be on multiple platforms but exclusive to Epic Games Store on PC

https://gamedaily.biz/article/1478/telltale-20-we-cannot-right-the-wrongs-of-the-former-company

BigMac1029 posted: »

Rumoured release window for Wolf Amongst Us 2 https://gamerant.com/the-wolf-among-us-2-release-leak/amp/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.