Behind The Scenes Look at TWAU2 and More, Hosted by Geoff Keighley February 9th at 10 AM PT

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited February 2022 in The Wolf Among Us

Comments

• These are going to be the longest 48hrs (give or take) ever

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

If only it was 8 days later 😜

• RIP

OzzyUK posted: »

• Gotta say, unless that's an animated concept art, that gif could be showing some good lighting improvements already.

The way that yellow light cascades across the street is already something cool we haven't usually seen in Telltale Games.

• Hell yeah.

• Man, where's Poogs when you need them?

• Hey, you never know. Maybe they'll be like "...and it's releasing on February 17th." :^)

Anyway, pretty excited for this. New trailer, let's go!

OzzyUK posted: »

• His soul left his body and he ascended to the heavens from dying of sheer bliss.

dojo32161 posted: »

Man, where's Poogs when you need them?

• edited February 2022

I think I needed this more so than ever today.

Also this still counts as F17 because it officially died last year because Tales released on F17 in the end, so now it just simply became the entire month of February.

• also adhoc updated their site.

https://www.adhocla.com/

• edited February 2022

also looks like Flycatcher will appear in the game and will be played by the original actor. That or for whatever reason the actor decided to reply to AdHoc on Twitter and talk about Flycatcher for no reason at all, so yes. Flycatcher is back!

• Seems this is the channel it will be streamed from

• edited February 2022

Honestly feels so strange right now knowing we are going to have a Telltale event like back in the day. It has been so long it honestly feels really special.

Really excited to see what the premise is going to be. I assume we will finally get our first taste of "what" this story is about. Right now we just know vague info like 6 months later and Bigby and other Fables struggling to stay hidden. So I really wonder what the actual story will be. I am still hoping they actually go for a more direct sequel considering the time skip is so close to the original and I do think that honestly after all this dev hell, I think it would be in their best interest to do the most direct kind of follow up they can. And maybe this will be the case, AdHoc's twitter did tweet out "See you around, Wolf." which obviously could just be a nod to the first game, but it also feels intentional. Like they know that was the final line and they know the Faith and Nerissa story isn't fully over yet. I don't think it will be the main focus, but like I've said before I'd like a lot of what happened in Season 1 be sort of what causes the events of Season 2.

Not to mention actually seeing this thing in motion. I really wonder how the style is going to look compared to the first game.

Just really excited to know after all this time we will finally, finally get an actual full reveal of Wolf 2.

Fun fact: On the 9th, Wolf 2 will have ended 7 years, 7 months, and 1 day ago.

Bonus fun fact is Episode 2 just turned 8.

• Can't believe the first "info" we got about this was from nearly 5 years ago. And by that point only 3 years had passed since Wolf ended.

Poogers555 posted: »

Honestly feels so strange right now knowing we are going to have a Telltale event like back in the day. It has been so long it honestly feel

• edited February 2022

I'm terrible with timezones, anybody willing to make a countdown so I know when I can cheer with ya'll in real time :p

• edited February 2022

found this w

• I am feeling the same as Poogs on this, the past four years have been a turbulent time to be a Telltale fan, and I'd wager that being especially the case with The Wolf Among Us fans that were around since the very start and waited for another Season, witness its original announcement in July 2017 to see it just disappear and be cancelled over a year later, then to be announced again over two years later.

After all this time, it does feel very special, not only in that tomorrow will be our first look at a game that has always been out of reach for Telltale fans, but it really sets the whole revival of Telltale in motion, you can say the announcement(s) did that, as did the release of Batman: Shadows Edition, but The Wolf Among Us 2 is the one in my opinion, it's making a statement and tomorrow's trailer, to me, will really kick off for Telltale.

I understand that with how much emphasis I'm putting on the trailer, it sounds like I'm setting unrealistic expectations and placing huge pressure on it to deliver exactly what every single fan wants, I don't mean that, I think that tomorrow that reality will set in for us in regards to Telltale's revival, despite being nearly three years ago, will kick in hard.

Hopefully I'm making some sense and don't mean to sound like the trailer must do this or that or it's a failure, it's just nice to be able to look forward to something from Telltale again, and get something that we know will get us excited and bring us closer to the release of a game so beloved and has always escaped our grasp.

• Easily gonna be one of New Telltale's most important days tomorrow. I mean tomorrow we will probably find out just how different or the same it is compared to other Telltale games.

Expectations will probably the hardest thing for Wolf 2. Anything that is highly desired, the longer it takes seemingly always raises expectations. That said, I don't think expectations for Wolf 2 are like- massive but I would say people are expecting a game as good as the first season. And I dont want to speak too soon, but considering it seems a lot of this game is "Wolf Among Us but with actual dev time" in theory it is almost destined to be better than Season 1. Time will obviously tell and I wouldnt really say that is what my expectation is exactly, but I am hoping for something as worthy as Wolf 1.

However, I have no idea what general expectations are for those who aren't super caught up? I mean someone out there 100% thinks this game has been worked on for 8 years somehow. Others think its been in the works since 2017 etc. That said, I do think that truly general audience are expecting a direct follow up. I think it has been too long to not be more of a Part 2 to the first game instead of something like a new detective book where the previous book isn't the most important, like what the original plan was. I mostly say that because 8 years later I feel raises people's expectations in the "what" factor of this series, and I think people would be disappointed if Faith and Nerissa have no impact in the story. I personally do hope for that outcome, but it wouldn't break it for me if it doesn't go that way. I just mostly bring it up because when I see the more casual audience of Wolf, the most common thing I see are people expecting the Faith/Nerissa question to not necessarily be answered, but to have a purpose in the sequel.

I am feeling the same as Poogs on this, the past four years have been a turbulent time to be a Telltale fan, and I'd wager that being especi

• Poogs, what does Telltale say about the TWAU2 hype level?

• I'm not super sure what you mean?

AronDracula posted: »

Poogs, what does Telltale say about the TWAU2 hype level?

• edited February 2022

Honestly its incredibly smart to get a nice "impressionable" face like Keighley to host the event. Hopefully this will put more people at ease about Telltale 2.0, since this could be a make it or break it moment and so far I can see the former than latter. Excited to potentially embrace Telltale 2.0 tomorrow. Fingers crossed its an in depth showing.

• I think Geoff is secretly Telltale Fan #1 to be honest. Dude has always gone out of his way for Telltale for a while now, and I like how he is helping them out by hosting the event.

Also the event is apparently 30 minutes long. My guess is a quick 3-ish minute intro, trailer plays, they talk details like what characters we can expect and some story stuff and show off some screenshots and maybe a snippet of uncut gameplay. Honestly this event happened way sooner than I was thinking, so I think there is a possibility they may even say a release window.

I do wonder who will be part of the event. My guess would be Jamie Ottilie, 2 from AdHoc, and then Adam Harrington with maybe Erin Yvette.

Honestly its incredibly smart to get a nice "impressionable" face like Keighley to host the event. Hopefully this will put more people at ea

• Dammit, I thought you would understand the DBZ reference/meme. Oh well, I tried.

I'm not super sure what you mean?

• Easily gonna be one of New Telltale's most important days tomorrow. I mean tomorrow we will probably find out just how different or the same it is compared to other Telltale games.

I don't really know what to expect, I enjoyed the over the shoulder camera from The Final Season as it brought us closer to the action, but I wonder if it'll suit Wolf 2? From past interviews they said it'll retain that Telltale style with a twist (paraphrasing a bit), and I'd like to see what that entails, I'd like something that resembles, to some degree, what Old Telltale did, but I'm open to a radical overhaul in gameplay whilst keeping the choice wheel.

Expectations will probably the hardest thing for Wolf 2. Anything that is highly desired, the longer it takes seemingly always raises expectations. That said, I don't think expectations for Wolf 2 are like- massive but I would say people are expecting a game as good as the first season.

True, I am optimistic it'll match the first game, I've faith in the AdHoc and Telltale team, as I think they know what it needs to resonate with players, it's all about the execution, I'm optimistic it can be executed.

And I dont want to speak too soon, but considering it seems a lot of this game is "Wolf Among Us but with actual dev time" in theory it is almost destined to be better than Season 1.

I agree, and with your past comments you've spoken about how in comparison to past Telltale's development cycle, this is a lot more concentrated, they're getting the Story nailed down first before committing to actually putting together the game, much different to Old Telltale's improvisation-like cycle of laying the tracks while the train's moving.

However, I have no idea what general expectations are for those who aren't super caught up? I mean someone out there 100% thinks this game has been worked on for 8 years somehow. Others think its been in the works since 2017 etc. That said, I do think that truly general audience are expecting a direct follow up. I think it has been too long to not be more of a Part 2 to the first game instead of something like a new detective book where the previous book isn't the most important, like what the original plan was.

Once again I agree, I think with the way these past number of years have been, with the cancellation and second announcement of the game, that it should appeal to the fans that were there from the beginning, it should be a direct sequel, and with how it'll take place six months after the first game, I think it's a certainty that the events of the first game will be touched upon and play a role.

I mostly say that because 8 years later I feel raises people's expectations in the "what" factor of this series, and I think people would be disappointed if Faith and Nerissa have no impact in the story. I personally do hope for that outcome, but it wouldn't break it for me if it doesn't go that way. I just mostly bring it up because when I see the more casual audience of Wolf, the most common thing I see are people expecting the Faith/Nerissa question to not necessarily be answered, but to have a purpose in the sequel.

I don't really have anything substantial to add in response to that, I think you phrased it pretty well, for me I think I'd like to see an answer for the Faith/Nerissa mystery, if I don't get it I'll not be disappointed, but I'd like for it to feel like a continuation but not become the overarching narrative for the entire game, I think that Story has been told and for the most part, should be left to the side, but, have it be something that characters remember, it was a big case that unraveled a lot like with Crane for example.

Easily gonna be one of New Telltale's most important days tomorrow. I mean tomorrow we will probably find out just how different or the same

• over 0009

AronDracula posted: »

Dammit, I thought you would understand the DBZ reference/meme. Oh well, I tried.

• Honestly trembling a bit in excitement, with all of the outlets that is livestreaming the premiere, it just makes it feel like a special event, tomorrow can't come sooner!

• Gameplay is easily one of my most interesting factors of Wolf 2. I really wonder what direction we are going in. I think for overall exploration it will be like The Final Season oppose to older Telltale games with fixed cameras. I also wonder if exploration will be a bigger focus, we know apparently New York has a bigger focus, so I wonder if that means playable areas will be noticeably larger to emphasis how big New York is. Combat is another big interest, as we've known for a while that combat has apparently been something they were focusing on how to build upon, so I wonder if it is still a QTE like scenes or if it will be more beat-em up like or something.

Easily gonna be one of New Telltale's most important days tomorrow. I mean tomorrow we will probably find out just how different or the same

• edited February 2022

Wow I am really glad they are keeping that style for the titles. Hope they keep that logo too which I think they will even if the image was titled as "not final" logo, but looks like its committed!

(Also Telltale pin the event on your twitter instead of the "I swear an update is soon" the update is now lol)

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1491144211822952453 Honestly trembling a bit in excitement, with all of the outlets that is livestreaming the premiere, it just makes it feel like a special event, tomorrow can't come sooner!

• Also the event is apparently 30 minutes long.

Source for this? Exciting if so! :)

I think Geoff is secretly Telltale Fan #1 to be honest. Dude has always gone out of his way for Telltale for a while now, and I like how he

• A lot of networks are all reporting 30 minutes even though it hasn't been tweeted by Telltale or Geoff, probably because they already have their press previews and articles ready to go and know how the event will go down.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-wolf-among-us-2-telltale-news-event

Also the event is apparently 30 minutes long. Source for this? Exciting if so!

• edited February 2022

Also place your bets people- last call to predict returning characters. Never thought Flycatcher would be the first one we'd know after Bigby and Snow but here we are. I predict we see the confirmed return of Beauty, Beast, Colin, Bluebeard and Holly at the event and FUCK it I'm saying it. Toad will be back and shown in full glory and he will be wearing a little winter beanie hat!

• Plot twist: Crooked Man returns in his shapeshifted form as King Cole's pet crow

• Also any bets on what new fairy tale or old comicbook characters could appear?

Also place your bets people- last call to predict returning characters. Never thought Flycatcher would be the first one we'd know after Bigb

• They did say they would focus on New Fables this season. I still think Boy Blue and King Cole are 100% locked in for newcomers to Wolf but are from Fables. In terms of 100% "original" is a bit hard. Kinda have a feeling they are going to go with some lesser known ones. Princess and the Pea was never used in Fables for example. Wouldn't mind more urban legend characters like Jersey Devil either. Like Dojo said a while ago, I could see Scrooge appear seeing how at one point he was suppose to have some kind of role in Season 1 and now the game is set around Christmas.

lupinb0y posted: »

Also any bets on what new fairy tale or old comicbook characters could appear?

• Waking up tomorrow. After all this time. Finally. Peace.

• Just found out that there’s a Nintendo Direct scheduled for tomorrow, and I was going to make a joke about how Telltale chose a really bad day for their stream if they wanted to be the only ones in the spotlight, but I just realized… what if they did it intentionally? What if TWAU is coming to the Switch?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2022

Telltale's using the Unreal Engine 5 going forward right? Is UE5 decently optimized for Switch? I think it could perhaps just be coincidental timing.

EDIT: I'm a moron who forgot that Fortnite, one of the most popular games in recent time that is powered by UE5, is on Switch.

[Obligatory disclaimer; Mods are community volunteers with no insight on inner workings of Telltale]

booper posted: »

Just found out that there’s a Nintendo Direct scheduled for tomorrow, and I was going to make a joke about how Telltale chose a really bad d

• Honestly trembling a bit in excitement

Same here. I CAN'T WAIT!!! It is going to be awesome!

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1491144211822952453 Honestly trembling a bit in excitement, with all of the outlets that is livestreaming the premiere, it just makes it feel like a special event, tomorrow can't come sooner!

• edited February 2022

Booper’s objective, informed, never-wrong-for-realsies tier list:

Shoe-in tier
    - Boy Blue
    - King Cole
    - Beauty and Beast
    - Frogcatcher
    - Bluebeard
    - Colin
    - Jack
    - Bufkin

Decent Odds tier
    - Gren
    - Holly
    - Woodsman
    - Frankenstein
    - Cinderella
    - Rose Red
    - Kay
    - Grimble
    - Trusty John
    - Briar Rose
    - Any of the lesser known ancillary Fables like Mr. Web and Muffet, the mouse patrol, etc.
    - Tiny Tim and Ebenezer Scrooge

Wishful Thinking tier
    - Prince Charming
    - The Tweedles
    - Jersey Devil
    - The Snow Queen
    - Tommy Sharp
    - Dorothy
    - Goldilocks
    - The North Wind and/or Winter Wolf and Bigby’s brothers in flashbacks

Telltale better not show their faces around here again if they’re not in tier
    - Toad and TJ

Also place your bets people- last call to predict returning characters. Never thought Flycatcher would be the first one we'd know after Bigb

Sign in to comment in this discussion.