Behind The Scenes Look at TWAU2 and More, Hosted by Geoff Keighley February 9th at 10 AM PT

Comments

• I think regardless they are using Unreal Engine 4 or at least they started with 4 as I am pretty sure a big hook of Unreal Engine 5 was that you could seamlessly upgrade previous work

Telltale's using the Unreal Engine 5 going forward right? Is UE5 decently optimized for Switch? I think it could perhaps just be coincidenta

• I wouldn't mind seeing Frankenstein as a minor character you could interact with in the business office. Also I agree with Trusty John and Grimble. I hope they both appear and have minor roles as I feel it would make the Woodlands feel a lot more alive.

booper posted: »

Booper’s objective, informed, never-wrong-for-realsies tier list: Shoe-in tier - Boy Blue - King Cole - Beauty and Beast - Frogcatche

• Looks like theres been a character leak. Can't believe how incredible he looks holy shit.

• edited February 2022

That said, I do think that truly general audience are expecting a direct follow up. I think it has been too long to not be more of a Part 2 to the first game instead of something like a new detective book where the previous book isn't the most important,

I think the fact that they're still calling this "The Wolf Among Us 2" is good reason to think it'll be a direct followup to the last game. You don't wait 8 years after the conclusion of something, and then come out with a sequel that literally uses the number 2, and have it not have anything to do with the first.
    I also could be wrong about this, but 9 times out of 10, usually a numbered sequel follows the events from the first, in some way.

So...... I guess I've got to get replaying the first game to remember what's gone down in Fabletown.
    And I'm sure part of that Nintendo Direct tomorrow is gonna be announcing a Switch port of the original and reminder of Wolf 2, if they don't already do that in the Telltale Stream.

Poogers555 posted: »

Easily gonna be one of New Telltale's most important days tomorrow. I mean tomorrow we will probably find out just how different or the same

• I suppose, but "season 2" usually would imply the same thing too. Either way I do think it probably will seeing how in the game informer article they did say events from the first season will be explored again plus only 6 months later, be really weird if it is very stand alone.

Also part me wishes Telltale did a teaser trailer on their youtube to advertise the event. Could've used that fancy 1 graphic they made with quick Bigby voice over doing the whole "Almost time" schtick.

AChicken posted: »

That said, I do think that truly general audience are expecting a direct follow up. I think it has been too long to not be more of a Part 2

• Yes gimme Boy Blue, and I could see King Cole coming in towards the latter half or the end of the game to take the role of mayor back from Snow.

Wouldn't mind more urban legend characters like Jersey Devil either.

As long as they a sick as fuck designs like Jersey I'm all in on more cryptids.

I could see Scrooge appear seeing how at one point he was suppose to have some kind of role in Season 1 and now the game is set around Christmas.

Ooo didn't know that! However, unless they go to a new direction would Scrooge be too similar to Crane design-wise?

They did say they would focus on New Fables this season. I still think Boy Blue and King Cole are 100% locked in for newcomers to Wolf but a

• King Cole would make more sense to be there from the start as he was gone in Wolf 1 as he was on vacation. Be weird if he wasn't back within 6 months. Plus, Cole is a bit of the same boat as Crane where Snow is the one actually doing all the work. So he would be Mayor while Snow is the one really doing everything because Cole is a bit of a push over and lazy.

I don't know about physical design, but it would be pretty funny if Wolf's Scrooge is the post story Scrooge who is super happy go lucky and loves Christmas instead of the grumpy Scrooge, which would be a pretty funny twist.

lupinb0y posted: »

Yes gimme Boy Blue, and I could see King Cole coming in towards the latter half or the end of the game to take the role of mayor back from S

• Life is Strange 2. If it were to be focused on the previous events they would have said season 2.

That said, I do think that truly general audience are expecting a direct follow up. I think it has been too long to not be more of a Part 2

• Someone made a bingo sheet for the event, so here is my sheet. Also left a blank one in the spoiler tag for anyone else who wants to fill it out for fun

• Also I know I am spamming the thread pretty bad, but something I noticed and I hope will be important in Season 2 is the "Fabletown is afraid of The Big Bad Wolf" ending from Season 1. Only been 6 months, so if you did that I do hope that statement is true with how some characters react.

• edited February 2022

That was me. I’m glad you liked it, coming up with spaces was harder than I thought it would be, so hopefully it’ll see some use tomorrow lol

Someone made a bingo sheet for the event, so here is my sheet. Also left a blank one in the spoiler tag for anyone else who wants to fill it out for fun (Spoiler)

• King Cole would make more sense to be there from the start as he was gone in Wolf 1 as he was on vacation. Be weird if he wasn't back within 6 months.

Didn't the Game Informer article say that Wolf 2 would be having Snow as the interim mayor? Or did they mean that the game would take place after she had fulfilled that role?

I don't know about physical design, but it would be pretty funny if Wolf's Scrooge is the post story Scrooge who is super happy go lucky and loves Christmas instead of the grumpy Scrooge, which would be a pretty funny twist.

I'd absolutely fuckin' love that. It'd be a great way of differentiating him from Crane.

King Cole would make more sense to be there from the start as he was gone in Wolf 1 as he was on vacation. Be weird if he wasn't back within

• Same lol kinda hard thinking of what could be when we know so little. Thanks for thinking of Bingo!

booper posted: »

That was me. I’m glad you liked it, coming up with spaces was harder than I thought it would be, so hopefully it’ll see some use tomorrow lol

• The article says "Snow White steps in as Deputy Mayor of Fabletown" which she actually did in Season 1 if we are being technical. Deputy Mayor is still active while the Mayor is around and in the comics Snow is the Deputy Mayor who is actually doing everything, Cole sort of just bumbles around wanting to look good for the public. (Like how Crane was DM before Snow and she was the Assistant to the DM, but now Snow was moved up to DM leaving her old position open, which in the comics belongs to Boy Blue, thus why Boy Blue also seems like a 100% lock.) I mean if they really dont want Cole they could get away with it, but I feel like they probably do want him there to basically fill Crane's role minus the being one of the bad guys.

I'm not super sure if Scrooge or Tim would appear in Wolf 2 just because it is Christmas themed-ish, but it would be pretty funny that in Wolf's universe Tim is more aligned with the "bad guys" than Scrooge is.

lupinb0y posted: »

King Cole would make more sense to be there from the start as he was gone in Wolf 1 as he was on vacation. Be weird if he wasn't back within

• Ah gotcha. Thanks for the refresher!

I'm not super sure if Scrooge or Tim would appear in Wolf 2 just because it is Christmas themed-ish, but it would be pretty funny that in Wolf's universe Tim is more aligned with the "bad guys" than Scrooge is.

That'd be pretty interesting to see. Damn, now I'll be kinda disappointed if that doesn't happen.

The article says "Snow White steps in as Deputy Mayor of Fabletown" which she actually did in Season 1 if we are being technical. Deputy May

• I'm excited, but I will forever ask myself how could have been the REAL wolf2 made by Nicole Martines and Jess Krause. I don't get why the new management decided to scrap the old story, the former team seemed very happy with it ("absolutely magnificent"), and if i remeber correctly Jess said even that there was a genius moment the we will never know about.

• edited February 2022

It seems AdHoc is updating their website literally at this very second as some stuff is showing up and is buggy.

Wolf 2 is listed as TBA for release. However, an original AdHoc game is listed as being made internally as well as TBA, which I think would be what they were originally making before Telltale contacted them. (Then they have listed credit on Minecraft, TFTBL, TWD and Wolf 1)

So it looks like that original AdHoc project is still planned to release after Wolf 2 I would imagine.

(Also the image they are using for Tales is a Jackcepticeye thumbnail which is kind of just lol. Hope they swap that out cuz it do look pretty low res)

• edited February 2022

I’d be mindful of your wording (“the REAL wolf2”). AdHoc is made up of the original creative team who worked on the first season; their Wolf 2 is no less real than the one Nicole and Jess were working on. If you mean the original version, please just say that.

Most of the pre-closure dev team have new jobs. Nicole Martinez and Jessica Kraus work at Crystal Dynamics now. The other devs are probably in a similar situation. The team is too fragmented and impossible to put back together, especially for a small studio like the new Telltale who wants to keep things small anyway. Picking up where the original team left off and continuing to use their ideas when they aren’t even working for the company anymore seems really disrespectful, so I can understand why Telltale would want to start fresh.

I'm excited, but I will forever ask myself how could have been the REAL wolf2 made by Nicole Martines and Jess Krause. I don't get why the n

• It's actually exciting that in just under five hours time, we'll get a long awaited look at The Wolf Among Us 2, I'm getting a bit jittery thinking about it.

On the topic of the original team behind The Wolf Among Us 2, some may disagree, but I think it would be a great gesture to list them in the Special Thanks section of the credits, because like, you read Jess Krause's tweet, and you see Caroline Liddick in the noclip Telltale documentary talk about The Wolf Among Us 2, it meant so much to them, to work on the game, and then with what happened, and their version probably never seeing the light of day ever, so I think it'd be touching to have the original dev team be given acknowledgement, so they're tied to The Wolf Among Us 2 as a released game, and not The Wolf Among Us 2 that was cancelled all of a sudden through Telltale's closure.

• Not sure if I'm the only one but I'm actually really anxious about this whole thing. Part of me can't wait to see it, the other part wants to skip over it. Part of me is excited, part of me is terrified. This game genuinely holds a special place in my heart and if there is any chance they'll screw it up... which is unlikely but still, given the state of the industry nowadays I'm not sure if I want to hype myself up for anything anymore. We shall see in a little over an hour tho

• Just about an hour longer. The day has come.

• edited February 2022

it's happenniiiiiing ONE HOUR LEFT
    please excuse the jank

you have no idea how much work it took to
    1. get MMD to open on my PC
    1.5. Figure out how it works lol
    2. find (and translate) files needed for the model, motion, camera, and background
    3. stop my computer from converting Japanese file names to gibberish, making them useless
    4. exporting it into a non-wonky aspect ratio

Whoo. I did my best to tweak the model a bit, since the motion animation looked really messed up at some points. I think it worked, since his knees aren't bend into a super awkward position as when I first tried it.

• edited February 2022

Bless you, Chicken.

(Why the fuck does this have more likes than chicken's post please like chickens post smh)

it's happenniiiiiing ONE HOUR LEFT please excuse the jank (Spoiler)

• Me looking for Toad during the trailer

• Do you think we will get a forum overhaul with the announcement? A snazzy wolf 2 and the expanse section would be cool!

• Exciting times! See y'all on the other side!!

• COME OOOOOOOON

• I am literally shaking and giddy with excitement wtf

also live stream just changed and shit

• Holy shit new wolf music

• It's beautiful.

5 minutes left btw. Let's go bois.

it's happenniiiiiing ONE HOUR LEFT please excuse the jank (Spoiler)

• Hypppppeeeeeeeeee

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Countdown on Twitch

• holy shit this new music feels straight out of season 1

• Have some last minute music to ease the wait

• Also I wonder what we are looking at? I almost think after the countdown ends the trailer is going to like just seamlessly start

• Jared Emmerson Johnson really back with some more banger music during the countdown

• The Telltale Games twitch stream seems to be 5 seconds ahead of IGN's YouTube stream

• Smh I had my computer muted during the countdown :(

Jared Emmerson Johnson really back with some more banger music during the countdown

Sign in to comment in this discussion.