Also, Max reminds me of Battle Pope there. XD
  • edited December 2010
    Holy **** you're right, he only needs the hat XD

And yeah, Poker Night reference that doubles as a Monty Python reference =P
  • edited December 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »

Dude, I'm sorry, but I really fancy myself drawing some Battle Pope Max after that! XD
  • edited December 2010
    It'd be awesome. DOOOOOOOOO IT :D
  • edited December 2010

Dude, I'm sorry, but I really fancy myself drawing some Battle Pope Max after that! XD
  • edited December 2010
    It'd be awesome. DOOOOOOOOO IT :D

I sure will. But first, some kawaii desu.

e09fd675f258dbaeccb9d4b7a6b68e76-d34fibn.jpg

Forgive me, I've done it again~ ;A;

This'll explain it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEUeWnV73U
  • edited December 2010

This'll explain it:

Crossdressing Max: Fun for all the Family!
  • edited December 2010

e09fd675f258dbaeccb9d4b7a6b68e76-d34fibn.jpg

This'll explain it:

You are my hero. I have only just recently become addicted to the Touhou series, and when I first saw Bad Apple, I remember wishing that I could see a Sam & Max version for no reason other than I love both games with all my heart. Thank you for reading my mind and making my day.

EDIT: You should totally do sequels to this. I wanna see someone as Flandre, plz.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh you fangirls and your crossdressing 8D
  • edited December 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    You are my hero. I have only just recently become addicted to the Touhou series, and when I first saw Bad Apple, I remember wishing that I could see a Sam & Max version for no reason other than I love both games with all my heart. Thank you for reading my mind and making my day.

EDIT: You should totally do sequels to this. I wanna see someone as Flandre, plz.

I really gotta get a game now. ;A;

And yes, I feel like this merits a sequel. XD

@SunnyGuy - It's fun! |D
  • edited December 2010
    And here it is...

ebbaf7f8dab43e19824b2b553603fc22-d34jr8n.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    Glad I helped inspire something this awesome XD

Honestly, I can see this actually happening, I mean, what HASN'T Max accomplished by now?
  • edited December 2010
    If someone's going to be called a necromancer, they may as well have zombies to back up the claim.

random_zombie_hug_by_queen_of_the_lobster-d34mn4y.jpg

This is both a contest entry to DordtChild’s “Super Random Hug Day” Contest, and a belated thank-you for a request she drew for me a while back under a different incarnation. She’s famous for her character Silous, who has invented “Random Hug Day,” a holiday for spreading love and cheer to all on campus. In theory. What usually happens is that most of the people finish the day in splints, casts, braces and slings. Although Silous is not in this picture, I have wondered what he or his creator would consider an unwelcome random hug.

To enhance the viewing experience of this image, I have included a backstory:

It was a late afternoon on the IWCC campus, and the woman formerly known as DordtChild had hit a dead end in her work.

“Well,” she sighed, tilting her hat back, “I’m not making any progress on my final projects. I think I’ll take a five minute break and play videogames for several hours.”

Before she had the chance to indulge in hours of mindless entertainment provided by Japanese programmers, she felt a rush of wind blow past her cheek, and saw a blur rush by her face and slam into the opposite wall. Someone had blown her dorm’s door right off its hinges. She whipped around to face the uninvited guest.

“Yo! Knock before you—”

She gasped.

At the front entrance were three menacing figures, all of them in quaintly outdated turn-of-the-century garments. On the right was a six-foot tall anthropomorphic dog-zombie, and on the left was another zombie that vaguely resembled a rabbit in a sweater. In the center, there was a still-living forty-something man, an eerie purple book in his left hand and dark-blue lighting crackling in his right. This man was clearly the zombies' master.

“Ah, the so-called ‘Dordt Child’,” he said, his unknown accent alluding equally to French, Spanish, and Tunisian tongues. “We’ve been looking for you.” The DordtChild glared at the guests with impatience.

“Okay,” she began, “One: Who are you guys? And two: Get out of my room!” The necromancer chuckled gaily at the woman.

“How quickly we forget,” he began, “I actually came here to thank you for all you’ve done for me.” Thinking quickly, DordtChild reached under her desk and pulled out the chainsaw she kept hidden for zombie emergencies. After yanking its cord three times, she held the weapon tightly as it roared and snarled in her grip.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” She shouted over the blare of the chainsaw, “But if you don’t get out of here right now—” Before she could finish her statement, the necromancer raised his hand and the chainsaw vanished in a crackling puff of navy blue smoke. This man meant business.

“You know what to do boys,” he said to his zombies, snapping his fingers.

“Yes, master,” the two groaned in response, before shifting into a sprinting position.

Suddenly, the two reanimated animals leap for DordtChild, snarling all the while. She could clearly see the bone and tissue sticking out of their torn clothing, and smell the rank stench of death from their bodies. Both their eyes were listless and devoid of color, and DordtChild knew that she had better make a run for it if she could mentally describe these zombies features with such preciseness.

But it was too late…

Also, if you look closely at the picture, you’ll notice that one more person is randomly hugging DordtChild than the necromancer and the two zombies. Can you guess who it is? Hint: It’s a spoiler for Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse.

Also, if you actually read through all this, then have a free sponge cake, courtesy of me! You earned it!
  • edited December 2010
    Sameth actually disturbs me, it's the whole skinless face thing (how did they even get back any flesh anyways?).___.

I still lol'd
  • edited December 2010
    Just because.

Max brings a warning.

bliss2.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    crfh wrote: »
    Just because.

Max brings a warning.

bliss2.jpg

That is way too adorable. That's not even fair.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm still working on that other piece, plus a request for a BTTF fanart... but I got hit by inspiration on Sunday. The most epic New Year's card EVER.

This coming year is the year of the rabbit, moreover, the rabbit is also (according to legend) turning rice into mochi (a sweet rice-based desert) on the moon. So why not have Max pound the s**t out of some mochi?

Traditionally, mochi making is a two person job, one hits it with a mallet and another rotates the dough. Something tells me that if Max was in charge of the mallet, Sam would not go anywhere near the mortar, though.

So I have Sam in traditional Japanese clothing (which will be the same colors as his suit) carrying finished mochi. It takes that two tiered shape, usually with a mandarin orange on top. Which is now flying at his face because Max pounded the mochi so hard that it rocked the solid stone mortar- he's just THAT hardcore.

Anyway, I decided to make this a test piece for using pastels- never worked with 'em before. Max has never looked so bad*ss, I think. When it's done, I'll make a link so you guys can print it out and send it to all of your friends for New Years! If you want, of course.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2166&stc=1&d=1292251182

And a little further along. BAM! And then he was mochi-lage!

attachment.php?attachmentid=2167&stc=1&d=1292251223
  • edited December 2010
    @divisionten - hell, Max is THE rabbit of the moon! That's pretty bad-ass <3
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks, Player 2! :D
  • edited December 2010
    I just gave Sam and Max the Starship Troopers-treatment... and this time added shading (which I normally don't do)...
    freelance_starship_troopers_by_pheeph-d34yaxa.jpg
    http://pheeph.deviantart.com/art/Freelance-Starship-Troopers-189717454
  • edited December 2010
    snm___surfin_by_ginny_n-d34yis9.jpg

Kind of Horrible T_T
  • edited December 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    snm___surfin_by_ginny_n-d34yis9.jpg

Kind of Horrible T_T
    I love it.
  • edited December 2010
    Just because.

Max brings a warning.

http://www.crfh.net/other/bliss2.jpg

Thanks for the warning Max *runs away*
    I'm still working on that other piece, plus a request for a BTTF fanart... but I got hit by inspiration on Sunday. The most epic New Year's card EVER.

This coming year is the year of the rabbit, moreover, the rabbit is also (according to legend) turning rice into mochi (a sweet rice-based desert) on the moon. So why not have Max pound the s**t out of some mochi?

Traditionally, mochi making is a two person job, one hits it with a mallet and another rotates the dough. Something tells me that if Max was in charge of the mallet, Sam would not go anywhere near the mortar, though.

So I have Sam in traditional Japanese clothing (which will be the same colors as his suit) carrying finished mochi. It takes that two tiered shape, usually with a mandarin orange on top. Which is now flying at his face because Max pounded the mochi so hard that it rocked the solid stone mortar- he's just THAT hardcore.

Anyway, I decided to make this a test piece for using pastels- never worked with 'em before. Max has never looked so bad*ss, I think. When it's done, I'll make a link so you guys can print it out and send it to all of your friends for New Years! If you want, of course.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2166&stc=1&d=1292251182

And a little further along. BAM! And then he was mochi-lage!

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2167&stc=1&d=1292251223

Hahaha, a fitting job for Max XD
    pheeph wrote: »
    I just gave Sam and Max the Starship Troopers-treatment... and this time added shading (which I normally don't do)...
    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/349/8/b/freelance_starship_troopers_by_pheeph-d34yaxa.jpg
    http://pheeph.deviantart.com/art/Freelance-Starship-Troopers-189717454

I think the suits look good on them.
    GinnyN wrote: »

Kind of awesome too. Highway surfing is always awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    Whoo! And now for something completely different- I made a doodle in class the other day that I decided to color.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2175&stc=1&d=1292509371

Here's the original in my textbook for comparison:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2176&stc=1&d=1292509392

And the new year's card and BttF commission are ALMOST DONE! Yay!
  • edited December 2010
    Max's head peeking out from behind a screen for highly humorous effect.

http://www.crfh.net/other/peek.jpg

peek.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    ...I want it. I wish I knew how to make plushies. *siiigh*
  • edited December 2010
    Max's head peeking out from behind a screen for highly humorous effect.

http://www.crfh.net/other/peek.jpg

peek.jpg

DO WANT. Yours is so much softer and better looking than mine. MUST HUG.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks guys! As soon as I finish it I'll be posting pics. But so far, the head, which is pretty much the hardest thing to get to look Max-ish, is coming out pretty decent :D
  • edited December 2010
    Finished the New Year's card.

573741-20101217090848.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    Max's eyes scare me.
  • edited December 2010
    sammax.png

I finally finished all the Sam and Max games I can actually play! And this was one of my favorite parts for some reason.

I have never drawn a dog. 8(

(I'm not really sure of the format of this place, if I'm doing something wrong, just tell me! worst first post aaaahhh)
  • edited December 2010
    If by worst you mean awesome, then yes.
  • edited December 2010
    Asgarda, you're right, that's the worst first post.

You should post more arts to make up for this horrible mistake.
  • edited December 2010
    Epic Egypt!Sam is epic. Just sayin'.
  • edited December 2010
    Haha, thank you everyone! :'D

I'm going to try doing something a little more detailed next time.
  • edited December 2010
    I swear, this is mayhaps the best source of Sam and Max fanart on the internet. :D Lots of talented artists! (And asgarda, whatchu talkin' 'bout? D: Though you could work on Max's 'mouth' a little, it's hard to see...)

Does anyone know if anyone's done a fancomic on these guys? (And I don't mean one made by the Telltale comic maker.)
  • edited December 2010
    1nky wrote: »
    Does anyone know if anyone's done a fancomic on these guys? (And I don't mean one made by the Telltale comic maker.)

Well, I did a crappy attempt back a few months ago...
    http://bluehedgie.deviantart.com/art/Freelance-Police-Comic-1-161311197
  • edited December 2010
    1nky wrote: »
    I swear, this is mayhaps the best source of Sam and Max fanart on the internet. :D Lots of talented artists! (And asgarda, whatchu talkin' 'bout? D: Though you could work on Max's 'mouth' a little, it's hard to see...)

Well, it's not *just* Sam and Max, but I can direct you here.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, I did a crappy attempt back a few months ago...
    http://bluehedgie.deviantart.com/art/Freelance-Police-Comic-1-161311197

Your 'crappy' attempt made me giggle quite a bit. :P I like your style - you're a great artist in general, too. :D Love your work!

Okay, I'll bite the bullet. I'm thinking about doing a 20-page fancomic. But that's close to the realms of (GASP) fanfiction, something that Sam and Max don't usually mix well with. I might go ahead with it, but their characters are horrifically hard to get down. Like, they can say anything, yet there may be times in which people'll go "They wouldn't do that," or "That doesn't sound like them..."

I wanna do a quick origin story on how they became Freelance Police!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.