The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited November 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    Wow, this picture is going look crap in comparison to all the awesome thats here but I'll risk it.
    max_squish_by_sillystell-d32798a.jpg
    BAM! And then he was mucilage!
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Feeling like Silly Stell

snm___anubis_and_jade_rabbit_by_ginny_n-d327iif.jpg

Both of you continue to be awesome, please never stop drawing.
  • edited November 2010
    Thinking about it, this fits in here as well:

Congrats for the Blog Post!

And thanks you for the comments everyone!
  • edited November 2010
    Awesome work everyone! Especially your work GinnyN! And you too, SillyStell!
    Oh, and Laserschwert? I just found my new wallpaper for the time being! :D
  • edited November 2010
    Congrats for the Blog Post!
    Holy (Bos)cow! Haven't seen this until now... I usually go straight to the forums. Thanks for the appreciation everybody! :)
  • edited November 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Soup, I like you. You can stay.

Thanks for the kind words, all. Unfortunately I only seem to muster the energy to draw once every six months or so, but here's hoping I can get back into the swing of things.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, I'm procastinating

photo_at_the_inventory_by_ginny_n-d328x4m.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, I'm procastinating

photo_at_the_inventory_by_ginny_n-d328x4m.jpg

Awesomeness
  • edited November 2010
    I wish my procrastination was that productive. That's an amazing group portrait. :D:D
  • edited November 2010
    Used different paints and paper on this one so it came out a little different, and not really for the better.

picture.php?albumid=358&pictureid=2286

Scan also funkified the colors a little bit. I'll get the hang of it eventually!
  • edited November 2010
    Well I think it looks lovely, Soup.
  • edited November 2010
    Your art is still freaking impressive even if you said you messed something up.
  • edited November 2010
    This one I'm putting here is incredibly sketchy. I was going for semi-manga style(Japanese comic). Max's ears suffered the most. I'm going to rescan it once I refine the lines. Then, REDO!
    I'm just experimenting with coloring to see what I can do. Any thoughts? My uncolored version is on the previous epic page. ;)

experimental_by_gohaku2-d32ds6q.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    I think it's a good start. Honestly, simple coloring looks ok most of the time as long as the drawing is good and doesn't look flat.

Also, damn it, I got an idea in my head and can't get it out, now I really need to draw it or let someone else do it XD
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    I think it's a good start. Honestly, simple coloring looks ok most of the time as long as the drawing is good and doesn't look flat.

Also, damn it, I got an idea in my head and can't get it out, now I really need to draw it or let someone else do it XD

:D OMG thank you SunnyGuy for some feedback! I really need to start getting connected to others on these sites so I can get some more responses. I'm going to add you on DA ok?

Get that idea out! It's meant to be yours, if it's been nagging you. That's exactly how I felt when I started drawing again. It drove me crazy until I finally put my pencil to some paper.
  • edited November 2010
    Backgrounds... my worse enemy...

waiting_at_the_inventory_by_ginny_n-d32j011.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Feeling like Silly Stell

snm___anubis_and_jade_rabbit_by_ginny_n-d327iif.jpg

Ginny, like everything else of yours, that was AWESOME. (Sorry it took me so long to tell you so, though, but my computer was kind of on the fritz recently. Today's the first day I could get back online.)

KEEP DRAWING!
  • edited November 2010
    pheeph wrote: »

Funny ^^!
  • edited November 2010

I like it a lot, but I'll be honest with you, I think the orange highlights feel quite out of place.
  • edited November 2010
    I like it, did you try to make it have the sort of CM Coolridge colour style or was it coincidense?
  • edited November 2010
    I like it, did you try to make it have the sort of CM Coolridge colour style or was it coincidense?

Totally coincidence...
  • edited November 2010
    I saw all the nice fan art here, so I decided to submit my own!

maxthechosenone.png

I didn't have much direction behind this, really. I was just going to do some sketches, but I liked how Max looked holding a sword, I decided to expand on it. The floating Max to the right is actually a remnant of a sketch session that never was.

It took me about a week to draw Max decently. Now I need to work on drawing Sam.

If anyone is interested, I go on Deviantart by "ace14790". However, I almost never update it, and whatever is on there is old. Really old.

And so, I hope you all like it, and I hope to add more fan art to this awesome thread!
  • edited November 2010

i like the idea of while tycho and strong bad hate each other, gabe and homestar become best friends.
  • edited November 2010
    ace147900 wrote: »
    *pic*

I see what you mean, Max does look good with a sword!
  • edited November 2010
    ace147900 wrote: »
    I saw all the nice fan art here, so I decided to submit my own!
    Pic

Nice. I really like the look of that sword. Max with a sword. Hmm... I may have to draw that too
  • edited November 2010
    But where does he keep it?

Never mind.
  • edited November 2010
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    But where does he keep it?

Never mind.

You spoiled the punchline!
    Whatever, I'm still gonna do it :p
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Used different paints and paper on this one so it came out a little different, and not really for the better.

picture.php?albumid=358&pictureid=2286

Scan also funkified the colors a little bit. I'll get the hang of it eventually!

These are incredibly excellent. I wonder how they could be even better if you DO "get the hang of it". Please continue. Paint... what about Sybil and her girls at their chop shop? ;)
  • edited November 2010
    I'll just give you a link to youtube and copy the description here :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnnmtmxypXA
    So, I had a free evening... and I've spent half of it drawing Max's front pose. The half of the remaining half I've spent drawing different mouth positions. And then quickly took a phrase from Sam and Max: Hit the Road and made a little talking animation out of it. If I spent a little bit more time finessing the lip-synch, then I guess my first animation attempt would've been a bit more impressive. But I'm tired, had lots to learn and... well... enjoy, I guess?

PS. Sorry for the watermark.

PS2. Here's a link to the higher quality static picture of how Max really looks like. http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5120/maxxb.png
    I didn't do the shading yet, but I've spent a lot of time trying to make him look right (well, by my standards at least. I combined different elements from Max of different medias), and I think he looks very cool.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm glad some of you liked my drawing of Max.
    And so, I've produced another one!

dancin-max-2.jpg

Again, no point behind this one. Was just bored during class. I also decided to try to ink it on Photoshop. Came out decent, in my opinion, but my hand's still way too shaky.

dancin-max-1-1.png

Hope you like them.

Farlander:

The animation looks nice, and is quite promising. Keep at it! I'd like to see where you'd go on from here!
  • edited November 2010
    Nice!!

Man, I have a crapload of new Sam and Max fanart (been drawing around the margins of my notebook a lot lately plus I was a week without a computer) but I have not time to ink it all. I have to choose between:

A "badass", back-to-back sam and max pose
    A Calvin-Hobbenesque pic, radio flyer included
    A pic of Sam using Max as a sword
    A pic of Sam making Max "fly"
    A pic of Max going "raiiiiinbow" in that fluttery finger fashion coined by the immortal Hugh Bliss.

It's a tough decision -.-
  • edited November 2010
    crfh wrote: »
    Nice!!

Man, I have a crapload of new Sam and Max fanart (been drawing around the margins of my notebook a lot lately plus I was a week without a computer) but I have not time to ink it all. I have to choose between:

A "badass", back-to-back sam and max pose
    A Calvin-Hobbenesque pic, radio flyer included
    A pic of Sam using Max as a sword
    A pic of Sam making Max "fly"
    A pic of Max going "raiiiiinbow" in that fluttery finger fashion coined by the immortal Hugh Bliss.

It's a tough decision -.-

I'd like to see them all, but I would choose the 'badass' one!
  • edited November 2010
    What he said. You'll show us the others even if they're not inked, right? :(
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    What she said. You'll show us the others even if they're not inked, right? :(

Fix'd. It's a small thing, but I felt the need to correct you.:p
  • edited November 2010
    Hey! Just thought I'd post a failed project idea. I was going to make a comic based on the alternate reality in which Sam ended up with the awesome powers. My goal was to keep that Steve Purcell feel in both writing and style, it didn't get very far, heck I even wrote up some of the comic in word. I started making this first page sorta deal just to test out what I could do. Colledge got in the way though and soon I just stopped working on it. It's most likely a good thing, as Strong Bad said "the next worst word you can couple with the word 'fan' is, you guessed it, the word 'fiction. "

SamandMaxOFWC.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    SillyStell: Well *I* would love to see it nonetheless :D

Okay, I'll ink the "badass" one, I need the warm up :D the others, I dunno, I guess it depends on how they scan. I doodle on a cuadriculated notebook, so let's wait and see... I guess I can ink some of them.

Oh I forgot, I also made on where Max's jumping over Sam to get to the phone and crushes his hat.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, college takes a lot of time away for this kind of things. Honestly, as long as it's not the "it's so painful to read it makes my eyes bleed" kind of fanfic I think it could've been interesting at least.
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Fix'd. It's a small thing, but I felt the need to correct you.:p

Uh...oops? :o
  • edited November 2010
    SillyStell if you're still motivated, I think you should keep at it until you're satisfied. You've just got to find free time. It looks good so far! I also have an idea for a comic but I'm still in the conceptual stages with a few working panels.
    You're right though, college does eat up lots o' time. I swear, during winter break I'm going to work on mine. Do you get a winter/Xmas break?

crfh Let's see some of your work!:)
  • edited November 2010
    I'm Sam. He's Max.
    badasspolice.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    ^ That, my friend is epic.

Now its time for... GRATUITOUS PROPERTY DEFACEMENT!
    (otherwise known as drawing on my textbooks)

Kids, don't try this at home unless you own the books you're writing on. Your teachers won't be happy otherwise!

My notebook:
    picture.php?albumid=346&pictureid=2295
    If you can read Japanese, YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE.

And something Max would do if he got ahold of my textbooks.
    picture.php?albumid=346&pictureid=2296
    BAM! ...And then he was mucilage.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.